Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

[quote name='Backlash']Is it possible to see separate stats when playing multiplayer co-op, like GH2 shows (e.g. separate the missed notes, percentages, streaks broken, etc)?

My wife and I were very disappointed to see that multi-player career mode combined the stats, and I don't see any multi-player co-op mode outside of career (i.e. no quickplay for 2 players)... :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Not sure about the first question, but if you start the game while connected to XBL, you will automatically get a patch that adds Co-op quick play. I'm sure you know Xbox Live Silver is free, so you'll have the mode in no time. I still like Co-op Career a lot better than quick play, though. :)

Yes, I am at school so I can't enter my DLC code, but guitarherocode.com definitely seems to be working. You have to signup and receive an email confirmation before you can enter the code.

[quote name='Logain8955']Guitarherocode.com changed to having a registration in place. DLC might be up now, I'm gonna try after eating some brains in Halo 3.[/QUOTE]

I registered , I'm waiting on my confirmation e-mail .

[quote name='Logain8955']Guitarherocode.com changed to having a registration in place. DLC might be up now, I'm gonna try after eating some brains in Halo 3.[/quote]

What!? Are they giving the code just for registering...that means I didn't need to buy the Soundtrack?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What!? Are they giving the code just for registering...that means I didn't need to buy the Soundtrack?[/QUOTE]

No, you need to register before you can input the code.

I just put in the code and got the XBLM code. Downloading it now :D

[quote name='Logain8955']No, you need to register before you can input the code.

I just put in the code and got the XBLM code. Downloading it now :D[/quote]

Ah...thanks.

Tina by Flyleaf I actually kinda like. Bothe the song and the playability. Mildly repetitive, but you actually get to play unlike MM's PHiH and it does change up a few times during the song.

The AFI song is probably the best of the 3, except you have to listen to AFI while playing

[quote name='eastx']Not sure about the first question, but if you start the game while connected to XBL, you will automatically get a patch that adds Co-op quick play. I'm sure you know Xbox Live Silver is free, so you'll have the mode in no time. I still like Co-op Career a lot better than quick play, though. :)[/QUOTE]

No patches for me, I'm afraid. PS2 version only. I don't really care about quickplay, though - just having split stats, if possible.

Would anyone be interested in adding a new Star Power button to their controllers?

2007October20IndiaandTamara024.jpg

I'm toying around with doing this modification to GH 3 controllers (PS2 or 360), but not sure if there's demand. The button lets you activate Star Power easily at any time, without tilting the controller. I can also add Strum buttons and possibly extra fret buttons.

[quote name='shieryda']Are you supposed to play the notes highlighted in white any differently than the normal notes?[/quote]

Those are hammer-ons and pull-offs. You don't need to strum to hit those (assuming you hit the note immediately prior).

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Tina by Flyleaf I actually kinda like. Bothe the song and the playability. Mildly repetitive, but you actually get to play unlike MM's PHiH and it does change up a few times during the song.

The AFI song is probably the best of the 3, except you have to listen to AFI while playing[/QUOTE]

So, would you say the new songs are worth the $10 for the soundtrack or not? I've been sort of debating picking it up for awhile but I'm not sure since the DLC is pretty much the only reason I'd buy the soundtrack.

[quote name='eastx']Would anyone be interested in adding a new Star Power button to their controllers?
[/QUOTE]

The Select button already does that though?

[quote name='eastx']Would anyone be interested in adding a new Star Power button to their controllers?

I'm toying around with doing this modification to GH 3 controllers (PS2 or 360), but not sure if there's demand. The button lets you activate Star Power easily at any time, without tilting the controller. I can also add Strum buttons and possibly extra fret buttons.[/quote]
RedOctane already stole your idea, the big select/back button on the new GHIII guitar does this already.

I really like the placement of the select button on the Kramer. It's pretty much just right under my hand and I can easily hit it with my fingertips.

Got the game yesterday and have been enjoying it as well as the new guitar. My link account VIP code isn't working either like a few others have mentioned. Played through most of Expert and bought all of the bonus songs, currently stuck on Cult of Personality, hopefully I can get that done tonight. Looking forward to playing some online co-op and guitar battles!

[quote name='guyver2077']i still cant link my account...[/QUOTE]

I didn't have any trouble with mine , I still haven't recieved my confirmation email for my guitarherocode account .

[quote name='Richlough']I didn't have any trouble with mine , I still haven't recieved my confirmation email for my guitarherocode account .[/quote]

when i enter my code on the website...I GET " Sorry, we were unable to find that token."

[quote name='guyver2077']when i enter my code on the website...I GET " Sorry, we were unable to find that token."[/QUOTE]

Mine had an 'O' does yours have any potentially confusing letters/numbers ?

Also , I did mine with the game on , so I could copy the code to paper and then enter it .

I'm toying around with doing this modification to GH 3 controllers (PS2 or 360), but not sure if there's demand. The button lets you activate Star Power easily at any time, without tilting the controller. I can also add Strum buttons and possibly extra fret buttons.[/quote]

Hmm, I didn't even think about doing that. Thanks for the idea, now I'll have a use for one of my extra Happ competition buttons.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Hmm, I didn't even think about doing that. Thanks for the idea, now I'll have a use for one of my extra Happ competition buttons.[/QUOTE]

Happs are too thick, aren't they? Sanwa and Seimitsu buttons are perfect though.

For the people saying you can already do this - you have to remove your hand from the Strum bar to hit the Back button. On many Medium songs and certainly most Hard/Expert songs, that will screw you up. My Star Power button placement lets you hit it any time, no matter what; it's helpful.

[quote name='eastx']Happs are too thick, aren't they? Sanwa and Seimitsu buttons are perfect though.

For the people saying you can already do this - you have to remove your hand from the Strum bar to hit the Back button. On many Medium songs and certainly most Hard/Expert songs, that will screw you up. My Star Power button placement lets you hit it any time, no matter what; it's helpful.[/quote]

I think most people are referring to the PS2 version, its got the perfect placement for the select button. I always used to hit it with the bottom of my palm.

Still, that would be a really nice addition to the X-plorer since the star power activation is horrible. Both of those buttons are for star power?

[quote name='Mattte']
Still, that would be a really nice addition to the X-plorer since the star power activation is horrible. Both of those buttons are for star power?[/QUOTE]

Naw, the small button is Star Power and the large button is a Strum button... Strum button's not that useful, but it could have just as easily been an Orange button, which'd be quite useful.

[quote name='eastx']Happs are too thick, aren't they? Sanwa and Seimitsu buttons are perfect though.

For the people saying you can already do this - you have to remove your hand from the Strum bar to hit the Back button. On many Medium songs and certainly most Hard/Expert songs, that will screw you up. My Star Power button placement lets you hit it any time, no matter what; it's helpful.[/quote]

Yeah, I wasn't even thinking about how far the cherry switch stuck out. I probably won't mess with it now. I'll have the Les Paul, so hopefully everything will work fine for me.

[quote name='Richlough']Mine had an 'O' does yours have any potentially confusing letters/numbers ?

Also , I did mine with the game on , so I could copy the code to paper and then enter it .[/quote]

maybe thats what it is....it has a few "zeroes"..

eastx, that looks very cool. Though, with my X-plorer, I just used electrical tape on a few nickels, then taped that to the body of the guitar so that the edge of it pressed down on the back button if I hit it with my palm. Nowhere near as pretty, but it's functional. :cool:

Also, my code still won't work on guitarhero.com. I know I've put it in correctly, because I saved a snapshot of it on my digital camera and keep checking it. I can't connect to any games online either, just host.

Took my controller back to Best Buy today, Red, Blue and Yellow buttons wouldn't work. I tried blowing in it, rubbing it with alcohol, smacking it up, flipping it and rubbing it down, but nothing worked. New one worked like a charm out of the box.

[quote name='Richlough']Mine had an 'O' does yours have any potentially confusing letters/numbers ?

Also , I did mine with the game on , so I could copy the code to paper and then enter it .[/quote]

Mine has 0's and O's - but they are clearly marked with the diagonal line for the zero...theres a weird looking I in there

GUYS i am begging for help on slayer. I cannot beat the part where it is non stop hammer on's and offs after the beginning crazy ass intro. HOW the hell do you beat it on hard?

[quote name='Maynard']GUYS i am begging for help on slayer. I cannot beat the part where it is non stop hammer on's and offs after the beginning crazy ass intro. HOW the hell do you beat it on hard?[/QUOTE]

First, completely ignore the orange button for the time being. Trying to hit it is just gonna screw you up and you're probably gonna end up overstrumming and killing your rock meter. Second, don't let go of the red button except when you need to hit the yellow-blue chords since you'll be able to hit all the other notes holding it. Try that in practice on that part and when you can get around 50-60% notes hit fairly consistently you should be able to fight through it in a few tries.

Thats what I did anyway. I just beat it for the first time on hard today. Once you get through that Mosh 1 part, the rest of the song isn't too bad. Gets a little tricky towards the end, but not even close to as bad as Mosh 1. Now all I've got on hard is One(best I can do is 92%) and the boss battle with Lou.

I suck at this game...If I play easy, its way to easy, Medium is good but challenging, then towards the end of Medium...bam...fucking hard. Tried Knight Of Cedonia by Muse and got my ass whooped all those hammer-on's and pull offs...shit. The keys go by so fast that I end up lost. I don't understand why I'm addicted to this game if I suck and I know that no mater how much I practice, I'll never get to Hard and I'll get through Expert when hell freezes over.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I suck at this game...If I play easy, its way to easy, Medium is good but challenging, then towards the end of Medium...bam...fucking hard. Tried Knight Of Cedonia by Muse and got my ass whooped all those hammer-on's and pull offs...shit. The keys go by so fast that I end up lost. I don't understand why I'm addicted to this game if I suck and I know that no mater how much I practice, I'll never get to Hard and I'll get through Expert when hell freezes over.[/QUOTE]

try going back and 5 starring earlier songs, it helped me a ton when i went through hard on GH2.

bread's done
Back