Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

My mic tends to cut out a lot online. Like it'll work for 10 seconds through the headset then I'll hear my friend talking through my surround speakers.

Very weird.

[quote name='terribledeli']With the exception of that viral achievement (did we ever find out if it was only from the neversoft developers exclusively?), I'm in the same boat. Its more fun playing with the missus than getting bitched at because I can't play anything higher than medium.[/quote]

are you talking about the "Meet your makers" one or whatever it is called. If so...I just got it a few mins ago. Dunno if I was playing with a developer or not.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']are you talking about the "Meet your makers" one or whatever it is called. If so...I just got it a few mins ago. Dunno if I was playing with a developer or not.[/QUOTE]
I think you can get the "Meet your Maker" achievement by just beating someone that already has it, that's how I got it anyway, no need to face one of the developers.

[quote name='Decay24']My mic tends to cut out a lot online. Like it'll work for 10 seconds through the headset then I'll hear my friend talking through my surround speakers.

Very weird.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed the same problem, also.

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']I think you can get the "Meet your Maker" achievement by just beating someone that already has it, that's how I got it anyway, no need to face one of the developers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've played against one of the note trackers. He beat the crap out of me. Good luck winning against one of those guys unless they let you. I was actually playing against him on songs he did the note chart for....how fair is that. Oh and he was drunk at the time LOL.

I love the online in this, co-op and pro face off are a lot of fun! Battle is stupid since half the time the other person will just pick a difficulty lower then yours so they wont lose.

[quote name='seanr1221']
EDIT :drool: I have to buy this (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8551863&st=smashing+faceplate&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1188561006096) the second it comes out :drool:[/QUOTE]

Should be out now actually. I saw them when my wife was setting up her Best Buy's guitar hero display.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']are you talking about the "Meet your makers" one or whatever it is called. If so...I just got it a few mins ago. Dunno if I was playing with a developer or not.[/QUOTE]

Neat. Mind if we try to see if it'll spread like a normal viral achievement? Friend request sent.

Online is fun if you stick to pro face off on whatever difficulty you prefer. Only thing is way too many people pick TTFAF. I play mostly on hard, and I haven't lost yet at that song, which is hilarious considering I haven't even 4 starred it yet. Not sure why all these people pick the song when they are absolutely terrible at it.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I cant play online. Wont connect to anyone...

Anyone else have this prob?[/quote]

I have the same problem, I go to quick ranked match and it says it foudn a host and then says connection failed, but when I host a match, people are able to join

I get that connection problem a lot too, eventually I can find a match to connect to though. Got the achievement for joining and winning 15 ranked matches in a row, wasn't too hard, I just played Pro Face-Offs on Hard and managed to win all 15. Also got the Meet Your Maker achievement, it wouldn't unlock in ranked matches for me but I got it in a Pro Face-Off player match.

And I finally beat Slayer on Expert! Only got three stars on it, not looking forward to five starring it, but I was really happy that I finally got past the Mosh 1 part! Now I just need to beat Lou to finish Expert and then I'll try and 5 star all the Expert songs I missed, only have the last two tiers to 5 star.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']I have the same problem, I go to quick ranked match and it says it foudn a host and then says connection failed, but when I host a match, people are able to join[/QUOTE]
Same with me. I'm only able to host matches oddly enough. I don't play it online much anyway but that sorta sucks.

I too am stuck at Raining Blood as my final song before the last boss. I just did the other three tier 8 songs just now.

And :drool: at the Smashing Pumpkins faceplate above! I was leaning towards getting one but I didn't think I'd get a band one.

Yeah, I saw that in the paper before GH3 came out and when I went to buy my GH3 there was no Smashing Pumpkins faceplate to be found...I was pissed

The last tier of songs on hard is pretty tough. Had to play through the slayer one several times cause of the mosh part.

For the life of me I can't beat Lou on hard, it is quite frustrating and I hate the song

Songs I still need to 5* on Hard:
Raining Blood (3*)
Knights of Cydonia (4*)
Number of the Beast (4*)

I'm on the 8th tier of Expert but want to 5* all of Hard before finishing Expert.

I beat hard tonight, but not before this happened.
one_fail.jpg

Holy shit, I already hit 250k notes.

Only main setlist song I still have to 5 star on hard is One. I'm terrible at the fast strumming. It's also the only song I still need to pass on expert. That solo keeps killing me.

Through the Fire and Flames is fun as hell on medium using hyperspeed 5.

[quote name='buttasuperb']Holy shit, I already hit 250k notes.

Only main setlist song I still have to 5 star on hard is One. I'm terrible at the fast strumming. .[/quote]

strum up and down...it might be a little weird at first, but it definetly works, thats how I five starred One on Hard and could make it through TTFAF with those parts

[quote name='red flare graf']I bet most of you guys with connection issues are behind routers.. Live needs certain ports forwarded.[/quote]

yea, I am behind a router, but I have been able to play other online games with no problems

[quote name='evanft']I beat hard tonight, but not before this happened.
one_fail.jpg
[/quote]

Yep. I did the same thing with "The Metal" by Tenacious D on Hard. I was so fucking pissed since I failed it about 10 times before.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']yea, I am behind a router, but I have been able to play other online games with no problems[/QUOTE]

I can too, but it was doing the same thing for me in Forza, and Forza only.

[quote name='red flare graf']I can too, but it was doing the same thing for me in Forza, and Forza only.[/quote]

oic, well I guess I'll look into it tomorrow

[quote name='ZerotypeX']strum up and down...it might be a little weird at first, but it definetly works, thats how I five starred One on Hard and could make it through TTFAF with those parts[/QUOTE]

yea i'm terrible at that too, guess i just gotta get better at it.

Well I'm stuck at the last boss on hard and the slash battle on Expert. Sad thing is I never even have trouble with the songs its just these stupid battles. They aren't even fun. Any suggestions?

[quote name='ZerotypeX']yea, I am behind a router, but I have been able to play other online games with no problems[/QUOTE]
Same with me. I can play anything else with no problems except for skate, but I sold that anyway.

I got that fail at 90 something percent achievement on I think some song on tier 6 or 7? It was some song that has a long pause near the end and I thought it was over and went to check my text messages :whistle2:( At least I got that achievement though.

[quote name='soccerstud652']South Park anyone?

Who has hit 1 million points...?

YOU ARE A
FAG!!!!
[/quote]

pfft i can play guitar hero acoustic

[quote name='CouRageouS']Same with me. I can play anything else with no problems except for skate, but I sold that anyway.

I got that fail at 90 something percent achievement on I think some song on tier 6 or 7? It was some song that has a long pause near the end and I thought it was over and went to check my text messages :whistle2:( At least I got that achievement though.[/QUOTE]

Cult of Personality?

[quote name='DustHimself']heroin hero's better.

you keep chasing the dragon, but you never do![/quote]
NO! NO! I ALMOST GOT HIM!

Also I got that Smashing Pumpkins faceplate on day of release and yah, it is fuckin awesome looking.

ahwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww......

*passes out*

finally beat One.... ugh, I lost at 92% because my hands were shaking so much.

Found and easy way to get past Solo A.

Man, its impossible until you find out the way.... then you do it every time no prob.
Last but...not least... Raining Blood...

I dunno if I should try now or go to bed...

[quote name='Staind204']Well I'm stuck at the last boss on hard and the slash battle on Expert. Sad thing is I never even have trouble with the songs its just these stupid battles. They aren't even fun. Any suggestions?[/quote]

As has been suggested before, stack your attacks.

Just concentrate on playing the song until the amount of notes flowing increases to a good amount. Then throw all 3 attacks, one after another. If you get lucky, you may even pick up another attack to use before your opponent has finished with the first batch of crap you threw.

I actually beat Lou on hard with just one attack, broken string, at the right time. I think it was because he was on a section with a OMGWTFJETSKIS number of notes. I beat Slash on Expert the first time I face him by stacking three attacks right in a row.

Content: Velvet Revolver Pack
Price: 500 Microsoft Points
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] "She Builds Quick Machines" Off of the "Libertad Allbum", "Slither" Off of the "Contraband Allbum", & "Messages" Off of the "Libertad (deluxe version)". As performed by Velvet Revolver. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Foo Fighters Pack
Price: 500 Microsoft Points
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] "The Pretender" Off of the "Echoes Silence Patience & Grace", "All My life" Off of the "One by One", & "This Is A Call" Off of the "Foo Fighters (self titled)" as performed by Foo Fighters. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Note: there are also two free trailers now available that preview this content.

I hear there's lots of 3 button chords on the Foo Fighters songs on expert. I'm sure someone will put up videos of the new songs sometime today.

I'll be buying both packs later today. Half price and free points cards are excellent.

[quote name='benjamouth']Well at least for GH3 the downloadable songs are being grouped by band, that's a big improvement over the GH2 dlc IMO.[/QUOTE]
they did that in GH2 with My chemical romance

bread's done
Back