Guitar Hero III @ RedOctane Free Shipping and Extras X360, Wii, PS3, & PS2

coldlight

CAGiversary!
RedOctane's store has Guitar Hero 3 pre-order bundles up with free shipping:

http://redoctane.com/gh3.html
[quote name='RedOctane.com'][FONT=arial, helvetica]*Pre-Order Terms and Conditions
We will ship out your order as early as possible so you will be one of the first to receive this product. Your credit card will be authorized. However we will not charge your credit card until the item is shipped...
[/FONT] [/quote]

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hold the presses - code: Vgmusic = 10% off[/quote]
vgmusic code DEAD

:360: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:360: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Elite Bundle $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Extreme Bundle - 89.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme Bundle - $89.99 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme 2P Bundle- $149.98 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

The regular priced bundle labeled 'extreme' includes the following free bonuses:

Custom 2" Guitar Strap
Dual Gig Bag
Key Ring

For an extra 10$ you can get the 'elite' bundles which includes the above items as well as:

Guitar Hero T-Shirt
Guitar Faceplate

I pre-ordered Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 from them, and even though the free shipping is ground, they shipped it early so it arrived on the street date.

Hope this helps someone, the freebies are pretty decent.

**I did a search for this on deals forum and couldn't find it posted, if it has please lock this post.

(LinkinPrime Edit: Added direct links to all versions)

[quote name='botticus']If they're shipping UPS ground, the latest they can get it out to have it delivered on Saturday (10/27) is tomorrow.[/quote]
IIRC Saturday delivery is only available when you ship next day air on a Friday, which means that they will most likely arrive Friday (for SoCal) or early next week.

[quote name='orntar']got an email from redoctane...

Dear Customer,

We are looking to ensure that customers will receieve their orders as close as
possible to the item's 10/28 release. You will receive a notification email
when your order is shipped containing its tracking information and expected
delivery date.[/quote]

Got the same exact email when I asked about the shipping to customer support. Hopefully, their definition of "close as possible to 10/28" is only 1 or 2 days after...

I find it strange that it did not ship yet.

Anyone know when their GH2 shipped?

EDIT: well

I looked mine up, GH2 was shipped on 4/2/07 - release date was 4/4/07 I believe? I got my GH2 2 days after ship.

I already got it a week early for PS2 with guitar from a hook up I got..

Couldn't wait. Well, looks like going to beat it for 360 and PS2.

[quote name='Brymo']I find it strange that it did not ship yet.

Anyone know when their GH2 shipped?

EDIT: well

I looked mine up, GH2 was shipped on 4/2/07 - release date was 4/4/07 I believe? I got my GH2 2 days after ship.[/QUOTE]

I know that when my preordered system shipped, it was with a bunch of other people as well. I was in close enough proximity to the shipping location that I got it on 4/2/07 which was a day before the actual release date. I was at the top of the leaderboards for that day! ;)

The only way this happens now is if I get a shipping confirmation today.

When I ordered GH2, I got it on the day of release, which I didn't think was going to happen. I never received an email from them and their website on Monday (the day before the release) still hadn't even said it had been shipped. Then on Tuesday, the day it was released, the status had updated to shipped (showing a shipping date of the Friday before, if I remember correctly) and it had the tracking number, etc. It's quite possible that the game has already shipped and is on its way but their system is just way behind.

At least, that's my experience. I'm expecting to get it next week sometime. I have a bunch of people coming over Saturday night, so as long as I get it before then, I'm ok.

[quote name='MC Hampster']When I ordered GH2, I got it on the day of release, which I didn't think was going to happen. I never received an email from them and their website on Monday (the day before the release) still hadn't even said it had been shipped. Then on Tuesday, the day it was released, the status had updated to shipped (showing a shipping date of the Friday before, if I remember correctly) and it had the tracking number, etc. It's quite possible that the game has already shipped and is on its way but their system is just way behind.

At least, that's my experience. I'm expecting to get it next week sometime. I have a bunch of people coming over Saturday night, so as long as I get it before then, I'm ok.[/quote]

I agree, when it actually says "shipped" on the bottom of our orders, I believe it has already. Just their system is like their CS, slow.

the free shipping is the item that says shipped, and it has said that for about a week or two. maybe longer.

Edit:
It has actually been a week, and ground to my location from theirs is a week. I would cry if I got it today, even though I know I won't.

[quote name='ccockerill']the free shipping is the item that says shipped, and it has said that for about a week or two. maybe longer.

Edit:
It has actually been a week, and ground to my location from theirs is a week. I would cry if I got it today, even though I know I won't.[/quote]

Yeah I understand that. Just weird for it to have been updated 4 hours later saying it was shipped.

What date does everyone have for the shipping? Mine says the 18th.
On the Store sit it says they will be shiping on the 28th. I hope that isn't the case.

The "shipped" in your orders is only for the coupon. Since they are a part of yuor order, they need a status. All of your items are still classified as warehouse, which is where they are. Just because your coupon is "shipped" doesn't mean your order shipped.

Yeah I agree with you as well, but I think it is a little interesting that the status on that changed after the other things were in the warehouse.

[quote name='Rocko']The "shipped" in your orders is only for the coupon. Since they are a part of yuor order, they need a status. All of your items are still classified as warehouse, which is where they are. Just because your coupon is "shipped" doesn't mean your order shipped.[/quote]

We all understand that. It is the date/time difference that is confusing.

[quote name='Rocko']Your posts definitely don't seem like you understand that your order has not shipped. :whistle2:k[/quote]

From my GH2 order, it shipped the same day the coupon "shipped."

I am going from my past order.

Considering the time change on the same day with the "shipped." The same happened with GH2 order.

Did the 360 Version Change to a Wireless Guitar again? I thought it was wireless at 1st, then Wired, then now Wireless?

i didnt stare at the order page everyday, but as far as i know, it has always been wireless from the initial announcement

All of my stuff has a status of shipped w/ tracking numbers!

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 10/30/2007.

Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Type: Package
Scheduled Delivery: 10/30/2007
Shipped To: MYRTLE BEACH, SC, US
Shipped/Billed On: 10/24/2007
Service: GROUND
Weight: 9.30 Lbs

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
GREENSBORO,
NC, US 10/25/2007 11:51 A.M. IN TRANSIT TO
COMMERCE CITY,
CO, US 10/25/2007 9:50 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
10/25/2007 12:16 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 10/24/2007 6:39 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Very nice. There is hope for the rest of us! I'm looking forward to some more of these posts.

May I ask when you received the email saying your items shipped?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']WTF...I placed my order on 8/31, I'm in Cali and nothing yet.[/quote]

No kidding...what a bunch of BS. I ordered on 8/31 also...and nothing. In the warehouse from 10/18/07 is all I have. I like how they say on their page "be one of the first to play guitar hero 3" yeah right...I could just go to CC on Sunday and pick it up.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']WTF...I placed my order on 8/31, I'm in Cali and nothing yet.[/QUOTE]

I think they ship according to the actual street date of the product. It'll probably only take a day to get to you if you're in California, and if they deliver on weekends (don't count on it with free shipping) so hope you get shipment confirmation tomorrow.

No delivery confirmation here. Still in the warehouse. Ordered 9/23. I guess I'll expect to get the game on 10/30 or 10/31. I spose that's ok, I have a huge backlog of games and three tests next week. Blah.

[quote name='deejayfiggy']No kidding...what a bunch of BS. I ordered on 8/31 also...and nothing. In the warehouse from 10/18/07 is all I have. I like how they say on their page "be one of the first to play guitar hero 3" yeah right...I could just go to CC on Sunday and pick it up.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to sound critical, but if you're in a rush to get the game, why not just pre-order locally through a B&M?

mail order + free shipping = likely not the first kid on the block to get the new toy

I'm just curious and don't mean to pick on you: it seems/feels like a bunch of people here are in the same mode of thought. For me, receiving a game before street date would be a nice surprise, but not necessarily a guarantee when mail ordering a new game.

[quote name='Rocko']8/31 here as well, Wii Elite, no shipping. Boo![/quote]Same. But then, I rarely if ever have the luck of being one of the first shipped in any such situation.

[quote name='jazzchamp']I think they ship according to the actual street date of the product. It'll probably only take a day to get to you if you're in California, and if they deliver on weekends (don't count on it with free shipping) so hope you get shipment confirmation tomorrow.[/quote]

This is probably the case. I haven't gotten an e-mail yet, I live in Nevada. Last time I got something from RO it only took a day. Maybe tomorrow so that we'll get it Monday.

Expected arrival is Halloween for me. It sounded like a horrible day to get it at first, but I'm off from school November 1st. And Halloween is the day it arrives so...

Candy from Halloween+Off from school the next day=Guitar Hero III all night with sugar and NO way of staying up all night backfiring on me

I must say, maybe it being delayed was for the best in my case ^_^

I'm in Florida, no shipping email, one of the first to order. This bothers me. I don't mind not getting it on street date, but I do mind hearing people who ordered an item more than a full month after me getting theirs shipped out before me.

Ordered 10/15
Expected Delivery 10/30, but it should be here before then as its coming from somewhere in ohio, and I'm in ohio.

Ordered mine October 15th and got the email tonight saying it is scheduled for delivery on October 30th, I'm in Pennsylvania.

East coast
ordered on 10/7
shipped
expected delivery 10/30

timeing is good as my 360 is scheduled to come back from MS repair facility on monday.

bread's done
Back