Guitar Hero Live (w/ Mic) @ BB $70/$56 GCU

my order said it will be here on the 23rd. Also I used my bby reward certificate too to get the order through hope everyone who wants this deal gets it to work.

I pre ordered mine but am sadly not an Elite member. Kinda stings to have picked this up less than a month ago and to see the price drop so much. Black Friday I can understand, but pre Black Friday is just salt in the wound...
Well it's their BF price, they're just doing select deals early so convince yourself it's just BF.

I know (most) Best Buy won't pricematch AND include GCU discount, but can they do so for their own online prices?

I'd love to pick this one up at a Best Buy store for $56 instead of waiting for next week. I don't care about that microphone...
Add the bundle to your cart so it shows the gcu price and tell the employee you want to PM that price from their website.

I ordered this for in store pickup when it released. How do I get a price adjustment? They won't do it in store correct?

i can't check out for some reason, "

We apologize. We are experiencing a technical problem."

nevermind, started working

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this in store as well or just online right now? If I can get this in store, I'll go pick it up after work today. 

EDIT: Never mind, I just decided to order it online. I had $20 in rewards certs so I was able to snag the game for less than $40. Now that take cares of one the items from my BF list. 

Their anti-price match isn't in effect yet is it? Thinking about going up there today with my preorder pickup receipt for an adjustment

I know (most) Best Buy won't pricematch AND include GCU discount, but can they do so for their own online prices?

I'd love to pick this one up at a Best Buy store for $56 instead of waiting for next week. I don't care about that microphone...
Their policy specifically says that gcu factors in after the adjustment. That's the key though, price adjustment is to their own price later and price match is to another retailer. If they do it as a match gcu won't apply.

I feel like a sucker for paying for this at launch. I knew I should have waited.
I was close a few times to buying this around launch. A couple of my friends picked it up and after playing the GH TV mode, I really wanted to get it for myself. I figured this would drop quickly though, the musical instrument game genre is not what it used to be and GH Live is definitely not tearing up the sales charts.

I wasn't going to buy this game but the free mic coupled with the fact that I have $30 in certs making this $28 after tax is just too good for me pass up

Thanks OP, i purchased this at the start of November for full (GCU) price. Should be able to get the difference refunded due to the extended holiday returns.

I feel like a sucker for paying for this at launch. I knew I should have waited.
If you preordered and bought it at Best Buy and happen to have Elite/Elite Plus, you actually got the best deal since it came with a $10 reward certificate. Now you can price match to this new price and keep your certificate. I know a lot of people have Elite but they are still probably the minority though. Hopefully you are one of them!

Going to 3 buttons was the worst idea. I hated the demo. I can see this dropping to $40 soon.
Each to their own. I thought it was a great innovation. The difficulty scales better, and it feels more like playing a real guitar and less like a toy. Guitar just feels better in the hand IMO. I was waiting for a price drop, so I think I'll take the plunge today. Thanks, OP!

Does anyone have the Elite Plus dedicated phone number? They fucking took it off the site. :wall:
1-866-797-7367

Each to their own. I thought it was a great innovation. The difficulty scales better, and it feels more like playing a real guitar and less like a toy. Guitar just feels better in the hand IMO. I was waiting for a price drop, so I think I'll take the plunge today. Thanks, OP!
I agree, the new guitar and GH TV is what sold me on the game. The new guitar takes a little getting used to, but once you do it's much more like playing an actual guitar than the old guitar was. I actually enjoyed GH Live more than Rock Band 4 because it's something different the guitar is really cool and a lot of fun and GH TV is awesome and always fun. The GH Live stuff was pretty lame though, I didn't care too much for that mode when I played my friends copy.

I don't know where you guys saw the 12/7 delivery date. My order said free expedited shipping w/ estimated date 11/23.

Not too keen on learning the new guitar format, but I'm a rhythm game junkie.

I don't know where you guys saw the 12/7 delivery date. My order said free expedited shipping w/ estimated date 11/23.

last night it was showing it on ever item the website was glitch on everything showing 12/7 but shortly after was fixed

Same thing my order said. Hopefully it shows up by Monday. I have a lot of time off work next week and will be playing a ton of games.

Got my price adjustment, after getting transferred 4 times. So here's my breakdown

$60.xx after adjustment
-$10 rewards certificate I originally got.
-$60 I sold it for locally.
= +$10 certificate rental

I couldn't find this one the thread.. I know you can't do store pickup on the online order, but does anyone know if this is the actual price in store as well?

Picked it up in store after I got iff work this morning. Plenty of units on the sheleves, marked at $69.99. Plenty of microphones next to them for the promo. Got both along with a $20 battery pack for the controller for $81.30 after tax and GCU...not bad at all.

I'll bite. For an extra $4 it will be shipped and I will receive tomorrow. Rock band 4 has been dissapointing so far, they really need to let people export rock band 1-3 soon.

They are being assholes about my price match. "we dont price match items with promotional codes attached". They are claiming my GCU is a promotional code. 

After pushing, they are willing to make a "one time" adjustment of 10$. Even though the difference is closer to 30$. 

Yeah usually best buy only price adjust only to the sale price and does not include GCU. Agreed stupid but heard it happening all the time

Yeah usually best buy only price adjust only to the sale price and does not include GCU. Agreed stupid but heard it happening all the time
I just replied that id rather not return the whole thing for a refund and then rebuy it. See what they come back with

Picked this up for the XB1, already have Rock Band 4 for the PS4 and got bored with DLC and waiting for the exports. I enjoyed the game when I played the demo at Best Buy. Didn't feel like going out and getting it on black friday anyways.

Which console did you get it for? I will get it for the PS4 do you know if it comes with all the songs or do you download them online? this is my first guitar hero game
Being your first guitar hero game you should be really happy with it. For myself, whereas I have played all of the ones released prior, I'm disappointed in the song selection and micro transactions to play (not own) some of the better classics.

For that price ($56), though, it's worth it for the guitar and the stock song selection. Also, they will probably be releasing more games in the future that will utilize the new guitar.

Being your first guitar hero game you should be really happy with it. For myself, whereas I have played all of the ones released prior, I'm disappointed in the song selection and micro transactions to play (not own) some of the better classics.

For that price ($56), though, it's worth it for the guitar and the stock song selection. Also, they will probably be releasing more games in the future that will utilize the new guitar.
idk, the game hasn't really been selling well. Hopefully it'll get a boost in sales during BF and Christmas though. I rather Harmonix go back to their older games like Amplitude (which I think is getting a new game).

EDIT: It is!

bread's done
Back