Guitar Hero Live (w/ Mic) @ BB $70/$56 GCU

Finally tried guitar hero live tv and for just vocals just put the guitar down after a few seconds it will realize your not playing and just go to vocals and add needed guitar riffs on its own. You don't get many coins though with just vocals usually none of you didn't use the guitar at all.

Finally tried guitar hero live tv and for just vocals just put the guitar down after a few seconds it will realize your not playing and just go to vocals and add needed guitar riffs on its own. You don't get many coins though with just vocals usually none of you didn't use the guitar at all.
Any way to do guitar and vocals?

I could only get both on quick play.

Looks like I have the opposite problem, I just got home from work, package inside, open it up to find two microphones and I ask where's the other package, to the response of what other package? They sent me 2 mics no game and guitar. Both say delivered at 146pm. Small box only big enough to hold 2 mics and same tracking number as guitar. Call them up and I'm told to call Monday, see if it shows. It won't, it was delivered. They screwed up, hopefully I am not screwed in the end. Paying 60 bucks for two microphones is not a great deal, it's the best deal.

idk long story but I need a guitar on xbone for a week or two. Best buy/walmart/target should have no problem returning it if the game that came with it is still sealed right? the guitar will be in like new condition (hopefully ha)

idk long story but I need a guitar on xbone for a week or two. Best buy/walmart/target should have no problem returning it if the game that came with it is still sealed right? the guitar will be in like new condition (hopefully ha)
Won't work the outer box is sealed so it would still be considered open software if the outer box open. Also the game inside doesn't have a normal Saran wrapping round it only the Xbox sticker on the case opening side sealing the opening

Edit also once the guitar snapped together it can't be taken apart so it won't fit back in the box either anyhow lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Won't work the outer box is sealed so it would still be considered open software if the outer box open. Also the game inside doesn't have a normal Saran wrapping round it only the Xbox sticker on the case opening side sealing the opening
dammit alright thanks for the heads up. I see GS/Target/Walmart sell just the guitar but it's online only and should have my bundle by the time it ships out but idk.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Played the game for an afternoon. I can play original GH/RB on Expert so it didn't take long to catch onto this. If you're decent at rhythm games, it's not hard to learn.

Was real surprised to see a usb dongle on the PS4 version, I thought Sony used bluetooth like they did the PS3..  no big deal as I had one open but was still wasn't expecting it..

$56 is pretty close to what I want to pay for it but still a bit much. It's funny too because I was so hyped for RB4 and thought that there was no way this could have been good, but RB4 has ended up a bit disappointing and opinions on This have been pretty positive. I can't cave yet though, even though I really want to try it. The weak/small on-disc setlist is a bummer and GHTV is so offputting to me that I need at least one better sale or a price drop before I can bite.

not a GH/RB guy but thought i might pick this up as a gift, noticed though that the cartwheel coupon for GH 1-guitar expires on 11/25 (tomorrow) so you won't be able to use it in store thursday night.  The 2-guitar one doesn't expire till 11/28, but dunno if there is a crazy doorbuster deal on that one

I got my GH yesterday. BB mailed it in a poorly packed giant box, and it was smashed all to hell when UPS delivered it (UPS guy didn't ring the bell like normal, I guess he didn't want to have to deal with it). Hope everything works!

I got my GH yesterday. BB mailed it in a poorly packed giant box, and it was smashed all to hell when UPS delivered it (UPS guy didn't ring the bell like normal, I guess he didn't want to have to deal with it). Hope everything works!
I havent opened mine yet but it came via USPS..when the mail arrived today it wasnt there so I just assumed it would arrive tomorrow but then there was a knock at the door and the mail lady just threw it at the front door, it came in a huge box too, dont know if it was damaged since she threw it on the front porch or what but really, I didnt expect the box to be THAT big Ive seen it in stores its not that big a box

Just opened up the HUGE box that it came in, the Guitar Hero Live box looks great and the microphone looks good too, but SURPRISE SURPRISE, there was something else in the box too, something I did not order..a Linksys WiFi Extender..I looked online and it goes for 59.99 dont why it was put in my box but it was a nice little added bonus just have to contact Best Buy tomorrow and ask them what the heck happened..too bad they didnt put an XBOX ONE console in there by mistake LOL

Returned single pack and microphone to BB yesterday. Bought double pack from Target and used cartwheel and red card. Will get a price adjustment or return /rebuy if price goes down BF. Add shows single pack price at 59 (from 99). Add does not show double pack BF price.

I just wanted to update people on my experience with this deal.

In store pickup was not available for me in the Boston area but I assume it's not for anyone. The mic could've been picked up in store but I thought that was dumb. I decided to get both shipped to me. The mic said Mon 11/30 and the game/guitar said 12/4. However, just a few hours after placing my order, both items were shipped so I'm assuming they'll both arrive Monday or Tuesday.

And yes, the microphone is separate. I don't think they made an actual SKU with a mic, so it's basically a bonus thrown in.

And on a side opinion note, when they announced the reboot for both GH and RB, I was 100% RB, with a system I knew and re-download your DLC... but the more I think about it, I usually solo guitar games (not huge into the social playing) and my FAVORITE thing about guitar games is the skill progression you got first learning how to play - that's gone with Rock Band 4.. You already have maxed out your skill... While with GH Live, you get the fun of raising your skill again with a revamped key layout. AND I love the free streaming-like service in GHL. You always get new songs for free... and it'll introduce you to good new songs (and a bunch of bad I'm sure)

All that being said, FMV is dumb. Really dumb.

I did not try price match b/c I did not see it for less than 149.99. Who has it for less? Thanks
YMMV if it will stack - policy states that cartwheel/price match are not supposed to stack but the point of sale doesn't stop it.

Amazon and Walmart has the PS4 version for $109.96 and Wii U for $119. X1 is only 3 cents off MSRP.

And on a side opinion note, when they announced the reboot for both GH and RB, I was 100% RB, with a system I knew and re-download your DLC... but the more I think about it, I usually solo guitar games (not huge into the social playing) and my FAVORITE thing about guitar games is the skill progression you got first learning how to play - that's gone with Rock Band 4.. You already have maxed out your skill... While with GH Live, you get the fun of raising your skill again with a revamped key layout. AND I love the free streaming-like service in GHL. You always get new songs for free... and it'll introduce you to good new songs (and a bunch of bad I'm sure)

All that being said, FMV is dumb. Really dumb.
Yeah, I basically 99% agree with this, the DLC format is waaaay better, I'm not the guy who pays for DLC, so having it like this just adds a bunch of new songs for me, which is great. If they had charged each song individually, they might as well not include it since I hate paying for songs. Same for the controller layout, it's great, easy to learn and once you get going it feels really smooth.

I agree with the FMV is dumb except for one thing, the girl guitarist for the song Demons - Imagine Dragons is soooooooo damn hot. Anyone know who she is? Like hot damn! I missed all my notes when she was on screen.

I'm glad to see all of you getting your packages on time haha I ordered mine on Monday, it didn't ship until today.

Thanks Best Buy!

bread's done
Back