Guitar Hero: World Tour - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='seanr1221']So you know how I said the yellow on my slider was busted? Well, it works when there's a solo (purple line) section. Weird, huh?[/QUOTE]

Same thing happens to me. My orange is busted. It won't work on taps or anything, except for the purple line stuff.

Since the rest of my guitar seems to be working well, I don't know if I will take it back tot he store or not.

Are there any one-time-use codes in the manual for this game, like with RB2? I'm thinking of ordering a game-only copy from eBay, and if there's nothing tangible to be gained from buying it NEW then I'll just save a few bucks and go for a used copy.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Are there any one-time-use codes in the manual for this game, like with RB2? I'm thinking of ordering a game-only copy from eBay, and if there's nothing tangible to be gained from buying it NEW then I'll just save a few bucks and go for a used copy.[/quote]

I have no idea. But it is odd that there is a code in the back of the manual. Maybe something for the future? I bought it for the PS3 and I know the code is too big to redeem anything. It is 20 characters long. Maybe something Activision plans on doing themselves?

It states - Keep Unique Owner ID Safe - Then lists the code.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Se7en69']I have no idea. But it is odd that there is a code in the back of the manual. Maybe something for the future? I bought it for the PS3 and I know the code is too big to redeem anything. It is 20 characters long. Maybe something Activision plans on doing themselves?

It states - Keep Unique Owner ID Safe - Then lists the code.[/QUOTE]Hmm, well that's good enough for me. I'll definitely go for a new copy then. Thanks!

[quote name='mykevermin']:lol:

I'm not making this remark from any 'fanboy' standpoint. I'm making a prediction based on brand recognition - and the fact that GH:WT is selling guitar/software packs unlike RB, so there's a lower pricepoint to enter for those mindless masses who aren't aware that GH:WT lets you play drums and sing, and they'll just buy the new one like they did the old ones.

Put your passions aside, and you'll see that there's no way RB2 outsells World Tour.

You know what? I'll make an even bolder prediction: Guitar Hero: World Tour will outsell Rock Band 2 (LTD) in its first week of release.

It's bolder in several ways, even![/QUOTE]

*cough*

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']so they released a drum tuning kit to adjust the sensitivity of the pads using your pc. thats all well and good but it requires a midi usb cable.... wtf! i dont know where to get one of those, theres a guitar center around the corner but the website shows those cables are like 30 bucks. 30 bucks to attempt to fix the drums. cmon now.

http://redoctane.custhelp.com/cgi-b...T1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=[/QUOTE]haha and you know they're going to brush off a ton of customer service callers by just telling them to go try this.

[quote name='BustaUppa']haha and you know they're going to brush off a ton of customer service callers by just telling them to go try this.[/QUOTE]

i know if i called about a return they would tell me to do this over and over and over.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']so they released a drum tuning kit to adjust the sensitivity of the pads using your pc. thats all well and good but it requires a midi usb cable.... wtf! i dont know where to get one of those, theres a guitar center around the corner but the website shows those cables are like 30 bucks. 30 bucks to attempt to fix the drums. cmon now.

http://redoctane.custhelp.com/cgi-b...T1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=[/quote]

Actually according to their website they will send you the kit for free, which includes the cable. Now gotta figure out how to get one.
I sent them a question so we shall see what happens.

We have learned that certain number of drum controllers manufactured for Guitar Hero World Tour may have sensitivity issues.
To correct the sensitivity issues, a drum controller tuning kit, which includes a downloadable software application and a USB MIDI
interface, can be requested at www.activision.com/support.

For those of you who may already own a USB MIDI interface, you can download the tuning software and instructions at http://redoctane.custhelp.com.
If using your own MIDI interface it should be possible to tune your drums, however, as we have not tested the software with all available USB
MIDI interfaces, there is a chance that your changes may not be able to be saved. If you are using your own USB MIDI interface to address
sensitivity issues you have encountered and experience this issue with your USB MIDI interface, please contact www.activision.com/support
and we will send you a drum controller tuning kit at no cost.

[quote name='mykevermin']*cough*[/quote]

That's common sense. They could release the game without telling anyone what the tracklist was and it would outsell RB based on the GH name alone.

People are stupid.

[quote name='Trakan']That's common sense. They could release the game without telling anyone what the tracklist was and it would outsell RB based on the GH name alone.

People are stupid.[/quote]

This. So sad that the name means so much to people. At least RB has a big enough fan base to supply us with new titles and great DLC!

[quote name='lolwut?']This. So sad that the name means so much to people. At least RB has a big enough fan base to supply us with new titles and great DLC![/quote]
I Want to say what Rock Band lacks in sales vs. GH:WT, they'll make up for in the amount of DLC people will get.

[quote name='Tyvan']The game feels more like button mashing than playing music. I tired to like it..just couldnt.[/quote]

What point did you play till that you considered the game overcharged?

[quote name='Rocko']Shaped like the strat? Hrm. Guess I'll have to wait to try it out. At least it's clicky.[/QUOTE]

You say that like it's a good thing. Yeah it clicks and it is fuckcking annoying.
Worst thing about the new guitar. I have zero idea why anyone would want the strummer to click.

[quote name='porieux']You say that like it's a good thing. Yeah it clicks and it is fuckcking annoying.
Worst thing about the new guitar. I have zero idea why anyone would want the strummer to click.[/quote]

You act as if this is the first time it's ever clicked.

I can't play on a guitar that doesn't click when I strum. I don't know why, I just can't.

[quote name='Trakan']You act as if this is the first time it's ever clicked.

I can't play on a guitar that doesn't click when I strum. I don't know why, I just can't.[/quote]

I didn't think I could either until I just got Rock Band 2. It took me about a day to get used to it and now I don't want to hear that click again.

[quote name='seanr1221']What point did you play till that you considered the game overcharged?[/quote]

Not sure what you mean by saying overcharged. I played the game a good bit. Me and the wife thought it was guitar hero 3 all over again with the bad note chart. It just never feels like you are playing a guitar or drums. Nothing like it did for Guitar hero 1, 2 and rock band.

like so many others, I'm a sad panda. The guitar... meh. I'll stick with my Les Paul, thanks. That click is what I assume Satan clicking his finger nails sounds like. Now, I can't play the Strat cuz of the mushy feel and no sound, but this click is just God aweful. bah.

The slide bar on mine seems to work fine thankfully, but it just seems gimmicky (like the effect slider, and to a lesser extend the solo buttons on the strat) and is too hard to be accurate with. It's fun for a bit to tap on it to strum, but that's about it for me. sigh.

Also, like so many others, my drums are foobar. Yellow registers fine, but also registers a lot when I just hit red. Red seems to register fine normally, but almost never on red+yellow notes. friggin 3 stars on Eye of the Tiger when I should have had a perfect. bullshit. Good thing I have RB2 to get my drum fix, even if the drums aren't all that great. Really, I LOVE these drums... if they worked.

WTF happened over at Red Octane. I've been recommending my friends get this set, and RB2 game only, since I consider the RB1 instruments (can't say RB2 for sure, but assume similar) to be pretty crappy in quality. And here comes GHWT, and bam. RO drops the ball.

[quote name='Zmonkay'] foobar[/quote]

I read you opinion but threw it out the window when i noticed you spelled FUBAR wrong.

If you spelled it wrong you clearly dont know what it means. dont try and use words when you dont know what they mean, it makes you look "stoopid"

[quote name='nonrandomhero']I read you opinion but threw it out the window when i noticed you spelled FUBAR wrong.

If you spelled it wrong you clearly dont know what it means. dont try and use words when you dont know what they mean, it makes you look "stoopid"[/quote]
Thus speaketh the King of Grammar :roll:

Finally made myself go through all the venues today on Hard difficulty and
trying to play Pull Me Under while credits rolling across the screen, on the backs of griffins, while soaring through heaven is ridiculous - albeit worthless since you have to play a gig after that scene with that song in it also

at least i know what all the words i used mean....

FUBAR = fucked up beyond all recognition

foobar = fucked ??? ??? beyond all recognition

clearly he didnt know what it meant. but he tried to use it and failed..... hard

[quote name='nonrandomhero']at least i know what all the words i used mean....

FUBAR = fucked up beyond all recognition

foobar = fucked ??? ??? beyond all recognition

clearly he didnt know what it meant. but he tried to use it and failed..... hard[/quote]

Stop being a dick.

Well, I have an update on my yellow cymbal. Turns out they are not sending me a new (working) one. What they are doing is sending me that free kit they are talking about on their site. I have been in contact with them since Sunday when I bought the bundle. They still haven't said it has shipped or anything. They just say I will get it soon.

Why do I get the feeling it will not work?...

For those talking about which one is better, good read and ah, watch(?) from GiantBomb:
Rock Band 2 Says Tomato, Guitar Hero World Tour Says Tomato
Added by Ryan on Oct. 28, 2008 25 comments

There's been no avoiding the comparisons between Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero World Tour, which is fair, considering they're essentially the VHS and Betamax of rhythm games right now. Ever since the overlap of songs found in both games was revealed, it has seemed all the more justified. Now that Guitar Hero World Tour is on shelves, we can actually see and hear the differences for ourselves, and intrepid YouTube user Gurra100 has wasted no time in posting a lengthy series of comparison videos of a number of the songs that the two games share.
HTML:
I'm actually a little surprised by how similar many of the note patterns are, simply because it seems like, for all their similarities, the two games definitely seem to have some pretty fundamentally different design ethics. It's an interesting comparison, though honestly, if you're at the point where you're looking to variations in note patterns to decide which game is right for you, you've probably long since lost track of the big picture.
I saw if you have fun playing the game, either one, that's the point.

[quote name='nonrandomhero']I read you opinion but threw it out the window when i noticed you spelled FUBAR wrong.

If you spelled it wrong you clearly dont know what it means. dont try and use words when you dont know what they mean, it makes you look "stoopid"[/QUOTE]

Actually, I DO know, but I was tired when writing that. Sorry if I'm not 1337 enough for you. :dunce:

On topic: I gotta try out that duct tape fix, see if that'll help. Hope it does.

[quote name='Spybreak8']For those talking about which one is better, good read and ah, watch(?) from GiantBomb:

HTML:
I saw if you have fun playing the game, either one, that's the point.[/QUOTE]haha, agreed. Once I've invested in a bunch of plastic instruments, I just want a lot of songs to play. The more the merrier! So it's both games for me.

[quote name='Tyvan']Not sure what you mean by saying overcharged. I played the game a good bit. Me and the wife thought it was guitar hero 3 all over again with the bad note chart. It just never feels like you are playing a guitar or drums. Nothing like it did for Guitar hero 1, 2 and rock band.[/QUOTE]

Oops, I meant overcharted.

lol its urban dicttionary, it must be true.
lets end this crap now.

on topic: yeah i cant get used to the slider yet either. but im still working at it. anybody elses strum bar squeeky? like really bad? this guitar is WAY better than the les paul but i wish it didnt make so much damn noise lol.

Rented this and played with a friend tonight.

I definitely prefer the RB 1 and 2 look. We had a hard time telling when we had Star Power stored up. Plus, the multiplier is too small.

We did have fun playing it though.

My strum bar has started to squeak yes, only if you hit it a certain way but man I haven't played the crap out of the game and it starts to squeak?! wtf, whammy bar squeaks just a little as well.

[quote name='seanr1221']Oops, I meant overcharted.[/QUOTE]

There are comparison vids on youtube of all the songs that are in both games. For the most part there are only minor differences in the charting.

I just got FedEx tracking number for my Midi kit thingy. Should be here Monday. I will report back if it fixes my yellow cymbal...

[quote name='badramen']So, that $5 off GH:WT coupon on those KFC Guitar Hero Boxes, would it combine with a Best Buy Rewards Certificate?[/quote]

Yes. A rewards certificate is a form of payment, not a coupon. It does not count as an offer.

I want to be a RockBand fanboy, but this year the song selection in GHWT is much better than RB2 IMHO (setting aside RB1 and DLC).

This post was mostly a marker for my User CP.

[quote name='DemonAlcohol']I want to be a RockBand fanboy, but this year the song selection in GHWT is much better than RB2 IMHO (setting aside RB1 and DLC).

This post was mostly a marker for my User CP.[/quote]
That may be true, but the game is self is not at good as RB after trying to enjoy it just as much I really can't.

Just got the bundle tonight. Played a few great songs, drum kit seems fine (and much more solid than the RB2 set), guitar is nice but the strum bar is squeaky beyond belief :bomb:.

[quote name='porieux']You say that like it's a good thing. Yeah it clicks and it is fuckcking annoying.
Worst thing about the new guitar. I have zero idea why anyone would want the strummer to click.[/QUOTE]
...They've all been clicky. If it's not clicky I can't play it. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Still don't have mine from YF360G. Eagerly awaiting it so I can use the new guitar.

[quote name='Bazz']That may be true, but the game is self is not at good as RB after trying to enjoy it just as much I really can't.[/quote]

Me too, RB is just more fun to me...and my guitar is squeaky as fuck, the strum bar is almost constant but the buttons and whammy bar squeak a fair amount too

Well, as promised, here is an update on my yellow cymbal. Today I received the Midi/USB connector in the form of FedEx. The thing has Red Octane written on it and looks like something they had planned all along. Was this supposed to ship in the bundle at the last minute, yet maybe, it was something they couldn't do fast enough?

The instructions that come with it are wicked small. Almost need a magnifying glass to read. And the connector itself is extremely short. I basically had to drag my drums over and move a few things around just so I could connect it to the computer. Anyways, I do as the instructions say and everything is in working order now. My yellow cymbal works. Hopefully this resolves anyones problems with the drums. But boy is that connector short.

Just in case anyone wants to know the instructions-
Download and install the Drum Controller software from Activition.
Connect the Midi Kit on your drums to your computer. Turn on your gaming system with the drum controller attached. Go into Guitar Hero Tunes and basically act like you are recording a song.
Go to your computer and open the Drum Controller software and adjust the settings under USB until your pads work. They are all on 10 by default and the maximum you can go is 20.

so... the guitars are acting funny??? i was going to maybe get that redoctain deal and get 2 guitars. do you think its worth it if the guitars aren't reliable?

[quote name='Se7en69']Well, as promised, here is an update on my yellow cymbal. Today I received the Midi/USB connector in the form of FedEx. The thing has Red Octane written on it and looks like something they had planned all along. Was this supposed to ship in the bundle at the last minute, yet maybe, it was something they couldn't do fast enough?

The instructions that come with it are wicked small. Almost need a magnifying glass to read. And the connector itself is extremely short. I basically had to drag my drums over and move a few things around just so I could connect it to the computer. Anyways, I do as the instructions say and everything is in working order now. My yellow cymbal works. Hopefully this resolves anyones problems with the drums. But boy is that connector short.

Just in case anyone wants to know the instructions-
Download and install the Drum Controller software from Activition.
Connect the Midi Kit on your drums to your computer. Turn on your gaming system with the drum controller attached. Go into Guitar Hero Tunes and basically act like you are recording a song.
Go to your computer and open the Drum Controller software and adjust the settings under USB until your pads work. They are all on 10 by default and the maximum you can go is 20.[/QUOTE]

Does it only help the cymbals, or can it help people who are experiencing missed notes with the 3 big pads?

bread's done
Back