H: Black Sigil Nintendo DS Brand new/Sealed W: $70 Paypal

[quote name='battousai11']it says that you posted after saetia did, so i'm thinking no.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2::)-:)-(

damn, that sucks. TT.TT

[quote name='Shady3011']Yep. Even a decent copy fetches a nice penny thanks to the extremely low print(No more than 10,000 I believe).

As for your purchase, if you just want to play it then it's fine.[/QUOTE]

wow. that's pretty rare. I've been trying to figure out the production run for aero fighters for the SNES since I want to know why it costs so much.

[quote name='.Cobra']:whistle2::)-:)-(

damn, that sucks. TT.TT[/QUOTE]

It's the risk one runs in waiting until the last minute. Trying to get it cheaper, sometimes that happens.

I'm just the fastest lowball gun in the west in defending my bids. (read: nothing else to do)

[quote name='telepathy']wow. that's pretty rare. I've been trying to figure out the production run for aero fighters for the SNES since I want to know why it costs so much.[/QUOTE]

Seems to be another case of a low print run. That's really why some of these games are worth so much (like Snatcher to name another).

[quote name='bvharris']It's the risk one runs in waiting until the last minute. Trying to get it cheaper, sometimes that happens.

I'm just the fastest lowball gun in the west in defending my bids. (read: nothing else to do)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was trying to find a specific smiley. damn thing cost me the item, more than likely. *bangs head*

FML. lol. Glad to see that somebody who appreciates it will get it, though. :D

[quote name='fwbweux']bv doesn't need sarcasm to be cool. He does it by being a well-respected trader who doesn't automatically assume the worst intentions of other people, unlike other people, apparently :roll:[/QUOTE]

Ah, damn, I'm not a vet and cooooooooool here yet. :(

[quote name='Shady3011']Seems to be another case of a low print run. That's really why some of these games are worth so much (like Snatcher to name another).[/QUOTE]

Well, I remember getting a copy for $10 since the place I was buying it from did not have it in their system & they sold it to me unknowingly of its market value.

[quote name='Peroxide']You're the one using sarcasm on the internet and trying to look cool after wards, not wasting my time on you anymore.[/QUOTE]

Going after a well respected honest trader on here does not bode well. Frankly, I would trade with BV any day of the week. He rocks! :bouncy:

[quote name='Peroxide']Ah, damn, I'm not a vet and cooooooooool here yet. :([/QUOTE]

It's not about being a vet and being cool. It's about being respectful to other people in this community.

I made what I'm sure 99% of the thread thought was a harmless joke about ebay prices on the item, and you got all bent out of shape and went after me personally, which it looks like several people objected to.

You can rail on and on all you want, but sometimes the better thing to do is just let it go.

[quote name='Shady3011']Seems to be another case of a low print run. That's really why some of these games are worth so much (like Snatcher to name another).[/QUOTE]

Ever heard of Athletic World Family Fun Fitness Edition? :p

It's a NES game I sold for $300. The box was pretty beat up, but the manual and cart were in decent shape.

All thanks to a low print run. :D

[quote name='telepathy']Well, I remember getting a copy for $10 since the place I was buying it from did not have it in their system & they sold it to me unknowingly of its market value.[/QUOTE]

It's always nice to get steals like those from local stores.

NES games are really why I don't collect everything. I don't buy shitty games, and I wouldn't dream of paying more than single digits for one.

[quote name='Shady3011']It's always nice to get steals like those from local stores.[/QUOTE]

That's why I like people who don't do research.

[quote name='Shady3011']NES games are really why I don't collect everything. I don't buy shitty games, and I wouldn't dream of paying more than single digits for one.[/QUOTE]

Well, I remember trading my 360 for someone's collection of nes/snes/n64/gcn/xbox games & systems. & then, exploiting the high value of some nes games, made my money back & got another 360 afterwards.

[quote name='Shady3011']It's always nice to get steals like those from local stores.[/QUOTE]
It also helps that they don't know what they're worth, half the time. that's why I love hitting up local trade centers to see if i can spot a steal on something like that. :)

Anyway, thanks Saetia!

I spent way more than I'd originally intended to, but I got some great deals. Plus, glad to send you my money, great job on the lowball!

Speaking of which, I now need more cash to supplement Saetia's wallet, so everyone go bid in my lowball. Starting in 4 minutes there's bonus raffle entries for an hour.

/shameless plug

[quote name='telepathy']Well, I remember trading my 360 for someone's collection of nes/snes/n64/gcn/xbox games & systems. & then, exploiting the high value of some nes games, made my money back & got another 360 afterwards.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong. If I had the space, I'd probably collect games older than the PS1. However, I wouldn't be crazy to want to own them all. I draw the line at clone games that are only valuable because of their low print.

[quote name='Shady3011']Don't get me wrong. If I had the space, I'd probably collect games older than the PS1. However, I wouldn't be crazy to want to own them all. I draw the line at clone games that are only valuable because of their low print.[/QUOTE]

I've seen pictures of the epic game collectors. I vow never to break that record ever. Just gonna collect the stuff I like.

edit: I'm curious as to who won the free shipping.

[quote name='Lucavious']Hurrah! I was sure mis0 would swipe the controller from me at the last minute :D[/QUOTE]

I would have too.. but I forgot I was going to win the Akuma fight pad which means I'd be more occupied with 3rd Strike on my PS2. :cool:

[quote name='telepathy']well, it seemed like he bid & then just dissapeared. I noticed one other person making a big push (Shady, http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6788922&postcount=601) so idk.

edit: I just checked secretvampire's current total & it's $362 based on the page when I checked it last.

also suikoden ii was also at $107 at this time as well lol.[/QUOTE]

Should be close then, Shady definitely made a big push.

well, Shady's total (up to post #700) is $240 :(. I don't remember what else he bid on though I don't think he picked up an extra $120 worth of stuff somewhere down the line did he?

I'm surprised that no one outbid me on brutal legend. When I beat it, I'll just trade it into amazon to get my money back. The trade in is currently at 23.50.

Thanks Saetia. I won nothing... typical. But I have no huge cash bag sitting around like Vampire apparently does ;). Thanks for an interesting lowball though. It was fun to watch.

[quote name='telepathy']It's cause he had a nice collection & a lot of people wanted a piece of it?[/QUOTE]

I know. I just lament not having a deeper pocketbook.

Just a quick note, since this is one of the first lowballs ending after Shrike's new rules regarding paypal. If you do use paypal, be nice to Saetia and cover the fees. It's not required, but it's just a friendly thing to do. My unofficial total on what I spent is $119. The fees on that are $3.86. That's a very small amount relative to my total, but if everyone makes Saetia eat them he's going to be out a lot more.

That said, I'll probably be using Amazon Payments, and I suggest anyone who hasn't looked into it yet investigate it as well. It is just as easy to use as paypal and has no fees for either the buyer or the seller. Check it out!

Sure. I haven't read all the ToS or anything yet, so I don't claim to know everything.

I signed up for an account, which was easy to do since I already have an Amazon Account (as I'm sure most CAGs do). There's then a section for sending and receiving money:

https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/personal/money

Sending money works essentially the same way as Paypal, you go to "Send Money" and then enter the recipient's e-mail address, the amount, and a note.

There's also a feature to "request money" which a seller can use to send a total to the buyer (provided they have an Amazon Payment account). I don't know if Saetia is sending invoices this way, but theoretically one could if Amazon Payments becomes the standard. This is what I used when I tried it out (as the seller) and it went seamlessly.

Also, I know there is an option to link to a checking account like Paypal has, and also to link Credit Cards.

One caveat: I don't know what kind of protection or chargeback features Amazon Payments has yet, it's something I'll be looking into more.

Hope that helps!

congrats saetia...you ran CAG poor, now every other lowball will be making no money....damn you, damn you to hell!

Haha, just kidding. I wish I had money to help the cause, I was so impressed I just sat here and added all the totals....fuck thats alot

Did you? Because I triple counted everything. Took me forever. I never did the grand total, though. What did it end up being?

Good luck on yours, too, btw!

I decided to go custom built. I have heard nothing but bad things about Alienware.

Also, if anyone notices any errors, please let me know asap. It was a lot of work figuring everything out, my brain hurts, and I wouldn't be surprised if I made a goof or two.

bread's done
Back