[H] PS4, PS3, PS2, PSP, PC, stuff [W] PS2, PS3, PS4, PS Vita

I didn't mind the changes in Dreamfall since it was supposed to take place after an extreme event. April had to adapt to the new world after growing up in Stark, and she had a few traumatic events happen to her. I don't remember but I don't think it sold very well so that's probably why they never did make another sequel. It looks like you've already played some of my favorite point and click adventure games otherwise I would have recommended them to you :lol:

I'm definitely interested in the Ann Mcaffrey books but I have to see what I already own first. I was painting my room and had new carpet put in so I boxed up my books and stored them in my closet several months ago.

I will try to bump yours soon - someone bumped it just an hour ago, so it seems like it might be a little too soon for my bump to have maximum effect.

@OldSchool77 - yeah, I recall enjoying the Crystal Singer series. No dragons, but still great world building, very immersive. I don't remember the Power Play series very well. And I thought the first Acorna book was good, but the later books weren't to my tastes.

I think the books I listed represent maybe 2/3rds of what's on my bookshelf. They're good books - I just don't see myself reading them again. But, there are a few books I can't quite bring myself to part with, not yet.

I thought you were trying to recall the Oompa Loompa song :lol: I knew that those other series were supposed to cover the non-dragon riding people that lived on Pern I just never got around to reading them :whistle2:(

Hmm? Oh, no, Crystal Singer has nothing to do with Pern, and neither does the Power Play series. They are both sci-fi, completely unrelated to Pern. Same with the Planet Pirates books. Heh, I remember that much about them, at least (it's been at least 8 years since I've read any McCaffrey books). I could empathize at the time with the Crystal Singer series, where the main character gradually loses her memory, 'cause I was having memory problems too (run-up to an encephalopathy - part of why reading is harder for me now than it used to be).

There are some Pern books that do focus on the regular inhabitants - but, of course Dragonriders usually feature in some way or other to some extent.

Oompa loompa song? Nah, just trying to add something a little more than "bump" to my post. :p Single-word posts seem so empty and sad, I try to spice it up a little if I can't think of something to talk about.

I was thinking of the Acorna series, since I've never heard of the power play series :lol: I should have mentioned that I was thinking of the older movies song not the one with Johnny Depp. I've been lucky enough to not really have any illnesses other than respiratory ones, mostly due to where I live:roll:

I think I saw a little part of the Depp one, I didn't like it, it felt way too dark and moody.

Power Play series was pretty cool; from what I recall, there's a sentient planet and some guy that can shapeshift into an otter (some sort of Celtic mythology reference, I think - selkie?). That's about all I remember. :whistle2:#

Hmm, I wonder if I should put up my recurve bow for sale. I have a compound bow, but haven't used it in years; I'd have to build up my wimpy back muscles before being able to draw it again.

Good idea, I'll have to go through and see what else I can add!

Also: PRICE CUTS! :D OP updated with improved formatting (I hope!) and price drops for the majority of the items listed.

[quote name='Alaisiagae']*stabs thread* Just hasn't been my day today. You ever have days where you just want to punch something, or break things?[/QUOTE] That's what games are for :lol: I listed most of my books in the second post of my thread so know I know what to look for.

I'm interested in: The Planet Pirates,Crystal Singer, Killashandra, Crystal Line, Acorna: The Unicorn Girl,Darkness and Dawn, Dragonsblood, Moreta, Nerilka's Story, Dragonseye,The Chronicles of Pern

and Dragon's Kin

Last edited by a moderator:
evening bump!

and yes (on the punching things). all the time, though alot less the last year or so, but my rage has been making an ugly comeback recently, unfortunately (not while playing games, or anything, but just having BAD days).

bump and if you have spare time I was also wondering what is the difference in fees for paypal and amazon since I am only familiar with paypal

all PMs checked, thanks! :)

@exaznkid: Paypal charges a fee to receive money from a domestic purchase payment. There's a pinned thread in the CAG forums here about it, as well as a link to a fee calculator. It involves a flat base cost + a percentage of the money received. I had no idea paypal charged a fee like that; I'm usually buying stuff via Paypal, not receiving money.

So far, I haven't seen anything on the Amazon Payments site (link) that indicates that there are any fees associated with me receiving money. And, from personal experience, I have not seen any fees applied to money I have received from CAG buyers.

Bump...

Paypal does charge fees to receive money but it's usually not too much and there are fee calculators on the web so that you can know how much to ask for ;) As far as I know Amazon doesn't charge any fees to receive money but they seem to charge higher fees if you're selling stuff on their site. I sent you payment for those books a little bi ago alaisiagae :D

[quote name='Alaisiagae']all PMs checked, thanks! :)

@exaznkid: Paypal charges a fee to receive money from a domestic purchase payment. There's a pinned thread in the CAG forums here about it, as well as a link to a fee calculator. It involves a flat base cost + a percentage of the money received. I had no idea paypal charged a fee like that; I'm usually buying stuff via Paypal, not receiving money.

So far, I haven't seen anything on the Amazon Payments site (link) that indicates that there are any fees associated with me receiving money. And, from personal experience, I have not seen any fees applied to money I have received from CAG buyers.[/QUOTE]
selling stuff on amazon is a WHOLE other ballgame, BUT...

if you have a bank account or credit card on amazon payments, it costs ZERO to the buyer & seller on every transaction. i haven't done over 100$ both ways (& that was a while ago), so they may charge fees on larger amounts, but i really don't think so.

amazon just wants their name involved in everyday life as much as possible for smart advertising, really. definitely the way to go, but so few people have an amazon payments account set up, and when it's someone they are about to trade with telling them about it, they think it's too much trouble; or with low feedback CAG's, they think you might be trying to get over on them (and i can understand that, to an extent).

[quote name='Alaisiagae']Okay, I sent another PM with the tracking number, let me know if you get it. If not, maybe there's another way I could contact you?[/QUOTE]

Got the PM and sent you one back, if you had to you could always send to that email address I gave you ;)

imho, you should put, "price cuts daily," & take the list of games you are wanting to cut, and take them down half of what you intend, on a game by game basis (daily), then start over, or something. cutting them all at once, or being impatient backs you into a corner to where eventually you'll be at such a low cost, it's not worth the time to sell, OR your list will stagnate. just an opinion. it's your list, of course, so please don't get offended, or think i'd be upset if you don't take my recommendation seriously, etc. just trying to help friends out. you may be ahead of the game already, for all i know, so just wanted to share my thoughts.

The books have actually come in very handy since I can read them without affecting my eyes to much. Looking at a laptop screen can cause my sporadic slight headache to get worse and then I have to rest for a while. Thanks for the well wishes but it's too late to avoid the discomfort :whistle2:(

Thanks for all the bumps!

@OldSchool77: Ah, bummer. :( Well, I hope you get better swiftly, then. Do you have an LCD or CRT monitor? I find the CRTs give me a headache, I just cannot use them at all.

[quote name='Alaisiagae']Thanks for all the bumps!

@OldSchool77: Ah, bummer. :( Well, I hope you get better swiftly, then. Do you have an LCD or CRT monitor? I find the CRTs give me a headache, I just cannot use them at all.[/QUOTE]

It's a 17" lcd on that laptop but the reason I was getting headaches is that whenever I'm ill I seem to be overly sensitive to light. I have one CRT monitor left but I haven't used it since I have a DOS/Win95 virtual machine on my laptop :lol:

My headache is gone it's just my stomach that's still sensitive to anything that's oily, salty or spicy right now :whistle2:( I'm almost done reading that book by Andre Norton and It's pretty good :D

Wow, you are a fast reader! I used to be able to read maybe 300 pages (mass market paperback) in one day, at most. Yeah, Darkness and Dawn had a really interesting take on the post-apoc setting, I remember liking that.

Aaaarg, I can feel an Autumn nip in the air. I'm not sure I can make it through another dreary frozen New England winter again. :( I feel like I just finished thawing out, and now I'm going to be plunged back into the cold and ice and darkness.

[quote name='Alaisiagae']Wow, you are a fast reader! I used to be able to read maybe 300 pages (mass market paperback) in one day, at most. Yeah, Darkness and Dawn had a really interesting take on the post-apoc setting, I remember liking that.

Aaaarg, I can feel an Autumn nip in the air. I'm not sure I can make it through another dreary frozen New England winter again. :( I feel like I just finished thawing out, and now I'm going to be plunged back into the cold and ice and darkness.[/QUOTE]
oh, if we could only swap locations, lol. i long for the 'cold' 50 - 65 degree winters. my body is made up of maybe 10% water after all the sweat that these Texas heat waves wring out of me, lol. Autmn still means 90 - 100 degree temps here. so i want WINTER. year 'round!

Our winters get to 0*F, sometimes even colder (and that's without windchill!). I'll be darned if I don't get one of the garages this year, I'm sick of tromping around in 3+ feet of snow and ice to excavate my car.

But, I don't tolerate heat very well either, I melt! How hot do your summers get? Are they very humid?

[quote name='Alaisiagae']Wow, you are a fast reader! I used to be able to read maybe 300 pages (mass market paperback) in one day, at most. Yeah, Darkness and Dawn had a really interesting take on the post-apoc setting, I remember liking that.

Aaaarg, I can feel an Autumn nip in the air. I'm not sure I can make it through another dreary frozen New England winter again. :( I feel like I just finished thawing out, and now I'm going to be plunged back into the cold and ice and darkness.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've always read fairly fast:cool: The most I ever read in a day was one of the lord of the rings books and I felt like a zombie afterwards :lol: The second half is almost entirely different from the first part what with the tree men river men and other mutants. I really liked the descriptions of the items from the before men but there was one thing that bugged me. The discrepancy about the type of animals still existing, in the first part there were large house cats but no dogs and in the second one the guy has a Coyote as a pack animal!

It just started getting warm here, this is the first week that it's been in the high 80s low 90s for a sustained period of time. I don't care for excessive heat or cold so I'm pretty lucky since it usually doesn't get below the 50s at night even in the middle of winter. Occasionally it gets a little colder when a storm comes in but the rains only last anywhere from a few days to a week :D

[quote name='Alaisiagae']Our winters get to 0*F, sometimes even colder (and that's without windchill!). I'll be darned if I don't get one of the garages this year, I'm sick of tromping around in 3+ feet of snow and ice to excavate my car.

But, I don't tolerate heat very well either, I melt! How hot do your summers get? Are they very humid?[/QUOTE]
usually, it's 100 - 105 tops & VERY humid. this year it's been 1.5 months of 110 - 115 with NO rain, but still very humid. it's always humid.

i can't even wear long sleeve shirts in the winter. everywhere i go people have the heat on when it's only 55 degrees, so it's pointless. i don't know why i bother buying them, cuz i always sell them at a loss.

bread's done
Back