Half.com Instant Sale (Trade In Program)

[quote name='eLefAdEr']If the value is still that high I'll be a guinea pig and risk getting 'screwed' like it seems a few others have with these 3rd party vendors. I have no business done on half.com but I am established on eBay.

It's quoting me $32.14 via Paypal for :360:Rayman Origins. Challenge accepted. About to print the shipping label and invoice.
[/QUOTE]

A little late but I'm following up to this. I received a PayPal payment for the full amount in a relatively prompt fashion.

Recently sent in a :ps3: copy of Rayman Origins as well and they should receive it early next week. :ps3: Dead Island was quoted at ~$17 for like-new condition, so I confirmed.

So far, so good.

Interesting... i kinda wanna try this out.

I got excited when i first received that e-mail stating i could send in my Music CDs to Amazon until i started reading posts on the program saying 3rd parties were sending back tons of CDs and lots of them scratched and not even the originals that were sent in.

What is considered the best way to sell your CD/Movie collection? I've considered Amazon/Half/etc but some people say local music stores are the best. I dunno...

[quote name='WTFD4V1D']Is this like amazon where u can put in a trade request but not be forced to send it if you change your mind?[/QUOTE]

I don't see how they can force you to send it in ;).

But yeah, it looks like there is a cancel option on the account page. And they warned me that the quote expires in 7 days so I need to get it shipped soon. So I'm assuming you could just let it expire if nothing else.

I actually didn't have any boxes, so I literally sent them Rayman in Christmas Wrapping Paper. They accepted it no problem. Got the $32.xx in less then a week. Pretty satisfied.

Another success today. Sent a Rayman Origins for 360 I scored for ~$15 Hastings credit and got around ~$30 back. Did the same with a copy for the PS3 I snagged from GS for ~$15 credit after using that $10 off coupon. So in total I got another ~$60 from them, and am waiting for another Resistance 3 to process for a nice $18. This has been a great way to get Paypal cash.

But just as a heads up, the Terms specifically state that a max of 2 of an item can be sent in, and a total of 10 orders per quarter, I believe. So just letting you guys know if you made individual orders for each game like I did.

Heard commercial on the radio on my way to work. ebay has instant sale program now. Not sure if they are the same, but the site is instantsale.com

So I bought the Lego Harry Potter games today at GameStop for B2G1, and I couldn't find a third, so I grabbed a second copy of Harry Potter 5-7 to sell or flip. I checked half.com's instant sale and the ps3 version goes for $21.75 Paypal for like new. So if anyone is looking for a good turnover, there you go.

question, does 2 of the same product per quarter mean 2 of a certain game or two of a certain game per console?

gonna do a Rayman and two lego harry potters for 29 into 75

So whats the overall consensus on this program? They have some good trade in values that I want to take advantage of but after flipping through the 4 pages seems to be mixed reviews of good and bad.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']So whats the overall consensus on this program? They have some good trade in values that I want to take advantage of but after flipping through the 4 pages seems to be mixed reviews of good and bad.[/QUOTE]

I just sent in my fourth game so I'm waiting for that. As for the other three, I got paid via PayPal within a week after sending, and even got more money for one game because the value went up between the time a sent it and the time they received it. So for me, this trade program is awesome. Especially since you get the option for cash, not just store credit.

So half only credited me for 18 of my 20 games. No mention of them returning anything as defective. I did not send any triples. Anyone had this happen? And know how to proceed?

UPDATE: couple days later I received e-mail saying the discs were scratched beyond repair... uh, I didn't send them in that way. Anyways, they are returning them so we'll see what I get back.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey question, whats their thoughts on a little sticker residue from a gamestop sticker? got access to some goo gone but was curious beforehand

Is there a way to see the tracking once you've sent something? I didn't write down my tracking number because I just assumed it would be like Amazon and other places where you could see that online after you mail it. But all I see there is a "Cancel" popup menu. I'm afraid to select that menu to see if it has a tracking option because I don't want to select cancel by mistake. (Ok, I tried this on an order I didn't send yet and though it looks like a popup since there is a little triangle there, it really isn't and is just a "cancel". So there appears to be no way to see tracking).

I definitely don't like the way that is designed.

Edit - OK, I figured out you can just "print" the label again (to view it). There is no tracking (like delivery confirmation). So you really have no idea what is going on with stuff you send in there. I definitely don't like that - I'm tempted to cancel the rest of my submissions that I was otherwise going to send tomorrow. You would have no recourse whatsoever if they just never processed your orders. With Amazon I know exactly when they get my stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
No tracking number is what making me rethink if i should send my stuff in.

Can I buy my own shipping or maybe buy a tracking number to the prepaid label?

I didn't like the fact that there was no tracking number either. But I didn't have any problems with the first three shipments, so I processed another on Thursday.

[quote name='mightymek']I didn't like the fact that there was no tracking number either. But I didn't have any problems with the first three shipments, so I processed another on Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Ok - but it didn't instill confidence that I got an email from them today about the one I sent mkd-week last week that they haven't received it yet. It seems like it should of gotten there today if not Saturday.

They are warning me I only have 2 more days.

I sent in 4 games and got credited for 3 with in 10 days of shipment. The one game i didn't get credit for (Disney Universe) had an amazon upc instead of a store one because of the dlc included in the case. They sent the game and case back in the same condition i sent it to them. I would say it is worth the risk for some of the games that they are giving double value back vs gamestop or bestbuy. Plus they pay in cash.

Well, I'm sending another box (with 2 games) in today. I'll just continue to be nervous until I get credited for the first one I sent last week ;).

They do call that 7 day out date a "ship by" date but I wonder how they even know when you shipped it when there's no tracking?

[quote name='io']Ok - but it didn't instill confidence that I got an email from them today about the one I sent mkd-week last week that they haven't received it yet. It seems like it should of gotten there today if not Saturday.

They are warning me I only have 2 more days.[/QUOTE]

The warnings are only the ship-by date if I'm recalling the language correctly, but without tracking I'm not sure how strict they are. edit: There's a blank space for postal workers to fill in the shipping charge due, maybe they also write down the date upon acceptance?

"Thank you for choosing to sell your item(s) on Half.com. Please note that your order will be good for 7 days. We encourage you to ship your item(s) within ____day, M/D/Y"

I share your hesitation -- especially since they are using Media Mail rate for some of their PS3 games (Dead Island and Rayman Origins, the former going in the mail today and the latter having been deposited into my PP account recently) -- which according to the USPS is improper use because video games contain advertising. I've emailed them about this and did get a response so they are aware of the issue, but didn't have any problems with Rayman, even with mailing it on the last day suggested in the reminder email.

I'll keep trying this, one game at a time.

Just got an email that they received my Lego Harry Potter and the payment was being processed. I mailed it on Friday...they received it way faster than expected.

[quote name='mightymek']Just got an email that they received my Lego Harry Potter and the payment was being processed. I mailed it on Friday...they received it way faster than expected.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, see, this is what I'm talking about - I mailed one last Wednesday and still nothing... There's just no way of knowing when it actually gets there until they pay you.

I've now got 2 packages on the way (with 3 games) and am about to send another 2 games today. I won't be able to relax about this until I at least get paid for the first one ;).

[quote name='io']Yeah, see, this is what I'm talking about - I mailed one last Wednesday and still nothing... There's just no way of knowing when it actually gets there until they pay you.

I've now got 2 packages on the way (with 3 games) and am about to send another 2 games today. I won't be able to relax about this until I at least get paid for the first one ;).[/QUOTE]

what would happen if package get lost if its not tracekd... how can u prove it if theres no tracking? either way i got credited for resistance 3, but i worried about that until i got an email saying i got credited in half.com giftcard...

Anyone know if the package has to be postmarked in 7 days or if Half.com has to receive it within 7 days?

EDIT: Read some of the previous posts and it seems that the consensus is that the 7-day mark is a "Shipped By" date.

[quote name='io']Yeah, see, this is what I'm talking about - I mailed one last Wednesday and still nothing... There's just no way of knowing when it actually gets there until they pay you.

I've now got 2 packages on the way (with 3 games) and am about to send another 2 games today. I won't be able to relax about this until I at least get paid for the first one ;).[/QUOTE]

If you're so worried about it, you should of just waited for them to process the first order. Instead of shipping in another 2 orders. :lol:

Saint'sRow911;9756355]If you're so worried about it said:
Well, yeah, but I was kind of hoping the first would have processed by now and I had to ship the others before their quotes expired. I waited as long as I could. I have one more to send in by the end of the week and I really hope the first one is processed by then or I really might just cancel that one.

Interesting. I may have to experiment with this program a tad.;) Especially since my copy of Rayman Origins has been sitting here since I last played it and it's getting $30 something(before 15% reduction for taking Paypal).

I only paid $20 for it from BB, so let's see if I can make a lil extra on what I paid.:D

Finally got my first one acknowledged as received - no payment yet though.

So that first one took 8 days just for them to get - granted, there was a holiday mixed in there.

I've sent in about 4 orders and about 15ish games so far with no issues. No tracking sucks, but I get confirmation they received it in about a 5-6 days and payment about 2 days after that.

[quote name='NLW1999']I've sent in about 4 orders and about 15ish games so far with no issues. No tracking sucks, but I get confirmation they received it in about a 5-6 days and payment about 2 days after that.[/QUOTE]

Could you let me know what games you sent in? Most of mine aren't worth sending in.

I've been taking advantage of the latest b2g2/b2g1 BB & GS deals, today I took advantage of the GS extra 25% off used wii titles and picked up Disney Universe, Lego Harry Potter, & Rayman Origins. You can trade in multiples of the same game if you submit different orders. My submission today looks like this:

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Sony Playstation 3, 2011)
by Warner Bros. Interactive
UPC: 883929187850
VeryGood $20.71

Rayman Origins (Sony Playstation 3, 2011)
UPC: 008888346852
VeryGood $30.05

Rayman Origins: Episode 1 (Wii, 2011)
UPC: 008888176855
VeryGood $24.54

Disney Universe (Wii, 2011)
UPC: 712725018818
VeryGood $16.41

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Wii, 2011)
UPC: 883929186457
LikeNew $24.64

Resistance 3 (Sony Playstation 3, 2011)
UPC: 711719817628
LikeNew $18.00

Order Total $134.35
Paid via PayPal

Madden 12 & NCAA 12 still get pretty good TIV, Lego HP: Yrs 5-7 gets good TIV, Sonic Generations is decent, Dark Souls is around 18 as is Disney Universe. Those are the main ones I've been targeting.

[quote name='NLW1999']I've been taking advantage of the latest b2g2/b2g1 BB & GS deals, today I took advantage of the GS extra 25% off used wii titles and picked up Disney Universe, Lego Harry Potter, & Rayman Origins. You can trade in multiples of the same game if you submit different orders. My submission today looks like this:

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Sony Playstation 3, 2011)
by Warner Bros. Interactive
UPC: 883929187850
VeryGood $20.71

Rayman Origins (Sony Playstation 3, 2011)
UPC: 008888346852
VeryGood $30.05

Rayman Origins: Episode 1 (Wii, 2011)
UPC: 008888176855
VeryGood $24.54

Disney Universe (Wii, 2011)
UPC: 712725018818
VeryGood $16.41

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Wii, 2011)
UPC: 883929186457
LikeNew $24.64

Resistance 3 (Sony Playstation 3, 2011)
UPC: 711719817628
LikeNew $18.00

Order Total $134.35
Paid via PayPal

Madden 12 & NCAA 12 still get pretty good TIV, Lego HP: Yrs 5-7 gets good TIV, Sonic Generations is decent, Dark Souls is around 18 as is Disney Universe. Those are the main ones I've been targeting.[/QUOTE]

This post refers to a question I have. So I created two orders for my two copies of Harry Potter, since as far as I can tell you cannot send in multiples in one order.

The question is: Can I send the two games in one package to save on shipping material? And include the second order's shipping note inside the package to show proof of the second order?

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']This post refers to a question I have. So I created two orders for my two copies of Harry Potter, since as far as I can tell you cannot send in multiples in one order.

The question is: Can I send the two games in one package to save on shipping material? And include the second order's shipping note inside the package to show proof of the second order?[/QUOTE]

I can't state for certain that you can't, but it seems like asking for trouble. You don't have any boxes/envelopes you can reuse?

bread's done
Back