Half.com Instant Sale (Trade In Program)

[quote name='scarhawk']If you cancel a "sale" or order does that cancelled order count towards the 10 per quarter limit.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't. I've canceled over 10 and its been fine.

I just put in an order for 4 games to mail out tomorrow. Fingers crossed that all goes well and I'll try to remember to post an update on my experience as I certainly appreciate the feedback people have provided in this thread.

[quote name='animemaniac14']Is there anyway to contact customer service? It has been 2 weeks since I sent in my trade ins and I have heard nothing[/QUOTE]

I dunno, but I'd definitely do that. I think you live pretty close to the processing center so yeah, 2 weeks is too long. One of mine did take about that long but that's coming from the Pacific NW.

I have had 3 of 5 packages processed and paid and they even gave me a small bump on one game. I had sent in two used copies of Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 (on two different systems). They were both in pretty good shape but I only entered them as "Very Good" and not "Like New". They bumped one of them up to "Like New" and gave me about $1 more. That was a pleasant surprise. And note that I had selected the option not to downgrade (and return instead). So it is nice there's a chance they still upgrade even when you do that.

I also just hit the 2 week mark and still says they have not relieved it. I would have been better off paying the $2 myself to ship it first class with DC.

[quote name='musha666']I also just hit the 2 week mark and still says they have not received it. I would have been better off paying the $2 myself to ship it first class with DC.[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to notice if the shipping label specified Media Mail rate instead of Parcel Post rate? That could explain the lengthy delay if it were MM.

Yea mine was MM which I thought was odd. I didnt realize that until after I had it all packaged up. Maybe the extra time is the mail man beating down Half.com people for using the wrong shipping method.

Well so much for this. I sent them a copy of Rage I just bought new from Amazon for $10. Was going to get $13 credit. I never even TOUCHED the two other disks in the case other than to check them before sending out. I got rejected for my trade in for " Companion disks have scratches." If they send me back scratched disks I am going to be pissed!

[quote name='eLefAdEr']I think I mentioned this in an earlier post but just to reiterate: I emailed half.com CS about this, making it clear I have no intention of "ratting them out" for using Media Mail on games. They said they are aware of the issue and are working to fix it... whatever that means. I suspect you're right though; they are saving a little money each time they use MM instead of FCM rates.

And just to summarize, I am 3 for 3 with sending in games through this Instant Sale feature, all of them being reported received and paid in about a week.[/QUOTE]

I just mailed in an order this morning. The postage label given was for parcel post.

Those that are waiting on delivery be advised that the labels are for Parcel Post, as previously mentioned, which can be crap shoot when it comes to timely delivery. I recently sent two packages on the same day, to the same location via Parcel Post and they arrived a week apart. I've also had a package go missing for a little over a month only to be delivered with the box unharmed and no evidence of it being lost. Parcel Post seems to have the lowest of priority when it comes to the post office and for that reason I've stopped using the service. I would call customer service to document the problem, if you can find the number, and be patient. That's really all you can do since there is no delivery confirmation number.

[quote name='Xellos2099']The package i send last week got there yesterday. How long does it usually does it take for me to get paid?[/QUOTE]

A business day or two (in my experience).

[quote name='mark_IV']Those that are waiting on delivery be advised that the labels are for Parcel Post, as previously mentioned, which can be crap shoot when it comes to timely delivery. I recently sent two packages on the same day, to the same location via Parcel Post and they arrived a week apart. I've also had a package go missing for a little over a month only to be delivered with the box unharmed and no evidence of it being lost. Parcel Post seems to have the lowest of priority when it comes to the post office and for that reason I've stopped using the service. I would call customer service to document the problem, if you can find the number, and be patient. That's really all you can do since there is no delivery confirmation number.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my first one, which took nearly 2 weeks, was Parcel Post. But my subsequent ones were Media Mail and they went faster. I have one final one to send in which came with a Parcel Post label. I have no idea what makes them print the different labels - doesn't seem to be based on either value or number of games.

[quote name='Xellos2099']The package i send last week got there yesterday. How long does it usually does it take for me to get paid?[/QUOTE]

Just received payment for the package they received on Monday. I didn't keep track of when I mailed but I think it took 10 days for them to receive it. The package previous to this was a lot quicker as they paid out the day after it was received, on a Saturday.

[quote name='io']Yeah, my first one, which took nearly 2 weeks, was Parcel Post. But my subsequent ones were Media Mail and they went faster. I have one final one to send in which came with a Parcel Post label. I have no idea what makes them print the different labels - doesn't seem to be based on either value or number of games.[/QUOTE]

With regards to the site printing Parcel Post or Media Mail labels, here is what I have concluded from my own fiddling around with it...

It seems to be a weird glitch that depends on when you print the label. Value or number of games doesn't matter.

If you print the label initially right after you place the order, it will print a Parcel Post label.

But if you browse your instant sale orders to print (or re-print) the label for that same order, it will print a Media Mail label.

[quote name='hatback']With regards to the site printing Parcel Post or Media Mail labels, here is what I have concluded from my own fiddling around with it...

It seems to be a weird glitch that depends on when you print the label. Value or number of games doesn't matter.

If you print the label initially right after you place the order, it will print a Parcel Post label.

But if you browse your instant sale orders to print (or re-print) the label for that same order, it will print a Media Mail label.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm - given that my Media Mail orders seem to have arrived much faster I may reprint my last label and see if that happens for me.

Oh, and by the way, they just acknowledged my 5th of 5 orders. I just have one more to send in now. While the lack of tracking is unnerving, the program has been great so far.

[quote name='io']Hmmm - given that my Media Mail orders seem to have arrived much faster I may reprint my last label and see if that happens for me.

Oh, and by the way, they just acknowledged my 5th of 5 orders. I just have one more to send in now. While the lack of tracking is unnerving, the program has been great so far.[/QUOTE]

And no tracking seems really unnecessary given that ebay has negotiated some kind of discount for tracking for sellers on ebay -- and even without that it only cost like an extra 19 cents before!

I sent in 3 orders so far.

First one I sent on July 6th I got a notice that my order has "lapsed" / expired.
Second one I sent on July 6th I got a notice that my order has "lapsed" / expired.
Third one I sent in last week some time and nothing yet.

Wonder what they will do when they receive my orders that they say are expired?

[quote name='person123']I sent in 3 orders so far.

First one I sent on July 6th I got a notice that my order has "lapsed" / expired.
Second one I sent on July 6th I got a notice that my order has "lapsed" / expired.
Third one I sent in last week some time and nothing yet.

Wonder what they will do when they receive my orders that they say are expired?[/QUOTE]

That is a long time. But, ah, I see you are in HI - so, yeah, ouch on Parcel Post and Media Mail from there. It must take forever! It is bad enough from West Coast to KY.

[quote name='io']That is a long time. But, ah, I see you are in HI - so, yeah, ouch on Parcel Post and Media Mail from there. It must take forever! It is bad enough from West Coast to KY.[/QUOTE]

I just imagine it going by jet ski from HI to California.

Just want to let everyone know that it seems the "LIMIT OF 2" is per console/upc and not per title. I just got payment for my final 3 Rayman Origins and Lego Harry Potters. Traded in a total of 2 per system each - wii, xbox 360, and ps3. Unless they really don't enforce that limit, who knows, but I'm not gonna try any more for now.

[quote name='QSilverTwo']Just want to let everyone know that it seems the "LIMIT OF 2" is per console/upc and not per title. I just got payment for my final 3 Rayman Origins and Lego Harry Potters. Traded in a total of 2 per system each - wii, xbox 360, and ps3. Unless they really don't enforce that limit, who knows, but I'm not gonna try any more for now.[/QUOTE]

Its automatic. It wont let you submit another trade for them.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Its automatic. It wont let you submit another trade for them.[/QUOTE]

Actually... I just did. But you would think that, right?

I have feeling it would probably work but not worth it since there is always the possibility of getting your account banned in the future. It's just an honor system rule I bet.

I sent in my first order last week, recieved it Wednesday and credited my paypal Friday...Great service...would reccomend..

I just initiated a trade for Resistance 3 for the second time. I just bought my third copy at Best Buy since it's on sale for $10. Traded my opened copy to half.com for $18.

Stay the fuck away from this program. I just sent in new games... ratchet and clank all 4 one was rejected for "being an unauthorized copy". Good riddance.

[quote name='HitmanPham']Stay the fuck away from this program. I just sent in new games... ratchet and clank all 4 one was rejected for "being an unauthorized copy". Good riddance.[/QUOTE]

Dont send in games without barcodes, brokitten.

[quote name='HitmanPham']Yeah I'm sure the copy I bought from BBY didn't have a barcode... I just grabbed a copy and walked out the front door. Derp derp.[/QUOTE]

Well they accepted my 1 copy from BB with no problems.

So I emailed them about being in Hawaii and their poor choice of shipping options (Parcel / Media Mail) they told me if my order expired and they received the games they will send the games back to me. So looks like I'll have 6 games sitting in the postal system for awhile, without any means of tracking them.

[quote name='person123']So I emailed them about being in Hawaii and their poor choice of shipping options (Parcel / Media Mail) they told me if my order expired and they received the games they will send the games back to me. So looks like I'll have 6 games sitting in the postal system for awhile, without any means of tracking them.[/QUOTE]

isnt it as long as its postmarked by the 7th day?

The label they have print looks really weird. It seems the company pay for pastage when USPS charge them? We leave postage line empty?

I was planning on paying for 1st class w/ tracking but sice the barcode is needed and they emphasize nothing else... Im unsure how one can prove they sent the package if it does get lost/ confisgated... any thoughts on costmer service etc?

Sent a game to them and everything worked. The transaction went through a week after I sent it.

Without tracking, I just crossed my fingers and hoped they got it, which they did.

Sent a single PS3 game a little over a week ago, as my first attempt with this program, and today got a rejection e-mail.

The reason stated was 'The Disk has scratches and could not be refurbished.Companion disks have scratches.'

It will be interesting to see what I get back, because it was scratch free when I sent it. Not sure what they mean by companion discs, as this was a single disc game.

I've sent hundreds of games to Amazon, never had a rejection. Also, sent lots in to Gazelle & Toys R Us when they had trade programs, never a rejection from them either.

[quote name='twinton']Sent a single PS3 game a little over a week ago, as my first attempt with this program, and today got a rejection e-mail.

The reason stated was 'The Disk has scratches and could not be refurbished.Companion disks have scratches.'

It will be interesting to see what I get back, because it was scratch free when I sent it. Not sure what they mean by companion discs, as this was a single disc game.

I've sent hundreds of games to Amazon, never had a rejection. Also, sent lots in to Gazelle & Toys R Us when they had trade programs, never a rejection from them either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah shit is too hit or miss. Values are decent here and there but it's not even close to guaranteed you'll get credit.

So you can't send game via media mail but you can with parcel post...? So wouldn't pArcelpost is best to ship using the initial label vs the 2nd reprint media mail label then?

You're better of marking games down to very good, since the difference is roughly a dollar on most games and you wont have to deal with it not being accepted because the case has "light to moderate wear" :roll:

bread's done
Back