Half.com Instant Sale (Trade In Program)

[quote name='thelwig14']Thanks...sitting at 8 days and not received.[/QUOTE]

Waited 2 weeks before mine was received..so gotta be patient. All mine have gone parcel post fyi

[quote name='merchie89']I put tracking on my latest ship, says should be delivered today so it better not take 18 days to get checked in[/QUOTE]

How'd you get tracking on it? I asked if I could add tracking to mine and the Post Office told me no.

[quote name='merchie89']Asked she said, yeah, put in on. hasnt been updated since the 28th though. Its in cincinnati so its almost to KY i guess[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I wish they added it to mine :(

[quote name='merchie89']Asked she said, yeah, put in on. hasnt been updated since the 28th though. Its in cincinnati so its almost to KY i guess[/QUOTE]

It's on a truck. They have to go through and check alllll of the packages for whether or not it has tracking it's a lot more simple with first class and priority since they all come with tracking on there own.

Here is a final update on my experience as I just received my rejected game back in the mail:

This game (Rage, xbox 360) was brand new when I sent it in minus the outer plastic wrap. I had never taken the manual or discs out of the case and only cracked it open to make sure everything was in there after I made my original purchase. The game was rejected as like-new due to slight to moderate wear on the case and manual.

I opened the shipping box last night with squinty eyes hoping that would make everything OK but that was wishful thinking. Whoever opened my neatly packed box used a very sharp blade and/or excessive force (rage level by my estimations) because they left a four inch gash clear through the plastic case and into the bottom disc. The manual was mangled on two corners.

So just a word of caution on packing - don't stack your games in a small box and then fill up the extra space with peanuts because The Slasher apparently finds great joy in violently opening boxes from the bottom with no regard to what he/she might be slicing up on the inside. Lesson learned for me. And now I know that a huge gash on the back of a case is considered "slight to moderate wear".

On a more positive note the two discs that did not come into contact with a sharp blade appear to be scratch free.

First game (Rayman Origins) went through after about a week in transit and processing. Received full price on game and plan on sending NCAA Football 2012 in sometime this week.

I packed my game in a single bubble wrapped envelope.

[quote name='mabuhay13']First game (Rayman Origins) went through after about a week in transit and processing. Received full price on game and plan on sending NCAA Football 2012 in sometime this week.

I packed my game in a single bubble wrapped envelope.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, from the sounds of it maybe bubble mailers are better - they wouldn't slash those as much as boxes ;).

But it is pretty crappy of them to pass off the destruction of their box opener on to the customer. They should have accepted it (as a loss) and then had a little talk with Mr. Box Guy.

I'm waiting for my 2 last submissions (both larger ones in boxes) to get accepted. Not feeling great about that now, though I did put a lot of paper wrapping around them so hopefully even slasher there won't hurt them.

Going to give this a go, just confirmed 2 games to trade in. Sounds like people are having issues with a "slasher", should I ship via a bubble mailer to be safe?

Going to go send my order in tomorrow. Unfortunately it bugged out when I went to print, so I guess I'm printing a Media Mail label. Hopefully the post office will allow me to tack on tracking to it.

[quote name='scarhawk']Going to go send my order in tomorrow. Unfortunately it bugged out when I went to print, so I guess I'm printing a Media Mail label. Hopefully the post office will allow me to tack on tracking to it.[/QUOTE]

I had a hard time printing using Firefox on a Mac, switched to Safari and it worked fine. Not sure if that's your issue though.

Damn just sent out my second shipment and both were sent in boxes filled with games and only some bubble wrap on the top and air packs on the sides.

[quote name='shady520']Damn just sent out my second shipment and both were sent in boxes filled with games and only some bubble wrap on the top and air packs on the sides.[/QUOTE]

You and I both :(

Two shipments totaling out around 19 games and $410

I havent had a problem yet and im hoping it stays that way.

Figured I'd compare the games I was planning to trade to Amazon but half of them come up with a page saying the page isn't responding. Should I try again later, or is it bad programming? They aren't accepting MP3 or MLB12 either, boo.

[quote name='Foladar']Figured I'd compare the games I was planning to trade to Amazon but half of them come up with a page saying the page isn't responding. Should I try again later, or is it bad programming? They aren't accepting MP3 or MLB12 either, boo.[/QUOTE]

Are you inputting more than 10 items? I ask because at ten items is seems to bug out and not let you add anymore to your cart to see the prices and the remove function does not work properly. I was able to look up games spread across different browsers to get by the bug.

[quote name='Geco17']Wow Rabbids Alive and Kicking trades in for $14 PayPal![/QUOTE]

Not the best buy version. Different UPC.

[quote name='NLW1999']Not the best buy version. Different UPC.[/QUOTE]

Actually I typed in the BB UPC, and it was the same version as a non BB exclusive one.

Received today so it took 13 days (mine was media mail).

Not sure how long it takes from received to getting the final word on their end.

I'm only 270 miles from this place, so I was hoping my games wouldn't take FOREVER to get there. But they still haven't received my order I shipped on 7/26...so yeah. I could have walked it there by now, lol.

I sent 6 total packages to them. Three of them arrived yesterday and two of them have been paid in full....33% down, 66% to go...

For those who have had things accepted: Did they put anything under "reason" in your notes, or was that left blank for all of your accepted orders?

I only ask because both orders I put in have "Case has slight to moderate wear" notations on every single game and still show in processing. All were sent in as 'very good' despite being in like-new condition.

[quote name='dyeknom']For those who have had things accepted: Did they put anything under "reason" in your notes, or was that left blank for all of your accepted orders?

I only ask because both orders I put in have "Case has slight to moderate wear" notations on every single game and still show in processing. All were sent in as 'very good' despite being in like-new condition.[/QUOTE]
There will be no "Reason" if it is accepted and paid. Looks like you're headed for rejections.

BTW, for those who have had brand new, factory sealed games rejected, have you complained to CS? Is so, did they reply and what was the outcome? We can't let them get away with this.

[quote name='k1ngster']Sent 7/21- and recieved & paid on 8/3. (2wks from west coast media mail)[/QUOTE]

Thanks I dropped mine off on 7/23 so im still waiting on the package received notification. I'm in CA too.

[quote name='Donut2922']Thanks I dropped mine off on 7/23 so im still waiting on the package received notification. I'm in CA too.[/QUOTE]
Good luck, buddy. I assume they Should be there by Monday... ;)
looking at my email half actually recieved on 8/2 and paid 8/3. So with everything said and done; the trade was completed under 2wks. :) 1for1

Some questions for those with more experience.

I sent in a total of six packages. By default of course they were listed as pending audit. When I was paid for two of my packages this morning (at like 4AM or some insane time) they were listed as Processing Payment, so I assume there is another step they need to take to make it official, but like I said I was already paid. Then my other packages with HP and Sims 3 Pets arrived and are listed as Processing. Then about an hour ago my big 7 game order was listed as received and is listed as Pending Audit still.

So my question is, if a game is listed as Pending Audit and has been received I would take that to mean they are evaluating the condition still? What does Processing mean? Does it mean they are verified and going to the next step of Processing Payment or what?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Some questions for those with more experience.

I sent in a total of six packages. By default of course they were listed as pending audit. When I was paid for two of my packages this morning (at like 4AM or some insane time) they were listed as Processing Payment, so I assume there is another step they need to take to make it official, but like I said I was already paid. Then my other packages with HP and Sims 3 Pets arrived and are listed as Processing. Then about an hour ago my big 7 game order was listed as received and is listed as Pending Audit still.

So my question is, if a game is listed as Pending Audit and has been received I would take that to mean they are evaluating the condition still? What does Processing mean? Does it mean they are verified and going to the next step of Processing Payment or what?[/QUOTE]

Processing = Checking game condition, deciding if it's correct condition whether or not to offer you more etc.

payment processed = payed out

pending audit = still need to be looked at.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Processing = Checking game condition, deciding if it's correct condition whether or not to offer you more etc.

payment processed = payed out

pending audit = still need to be looked at.[/QUOTE]This is correct. I have also noticed that sometimes the half site shows processing even after the paypal payment has cleared.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Alright, thanks you two. Hopefully everything goes well with my packages.[/QUOTE]I dont think their systems are as advanced as, say Amazon's, which is better for us IMO.

I keep cancelling and resubmitting my last box until the 2 I sent in a week and a half ago get processed first. They still have no updates whatsoever on them. I really hate this no tracking thing. I don't even remember exactly when I brought them in (just that it was some time last week).

Fortunately all the values are still the same so I'll keep resubmitting this last one as long as I can.

[quote name='klimb22']There will be no "Reason" if it is accepted and paid. Looks like you're headed for rejections.

BTW, for those who have had brand new, factory sealed games rejected, have you complained to CS? Is so, did they reply and what was the outcome? We can't let them get away with this.[/QUOTE]

Quite possibly one of the most ridiculous transactions if all of these get sent back to me. They were all literally brand new without the shrink wrap. Not sure what calling CS would do, but when they get here... but I may have to do so.

[quote name='dyeknom']Quite possibly one of the most ridiculous transactions if all of these get sent back to me. They were all literally brand new without the shrink wrap. Not sure what calling CS would do, but when they get here... but I may have to do so.[/QUOTE]

Haha. You said call.

Fun fact: Half doesn't have a Customer Service you can call.

Funner Fact: Half only does CS emails.

Funnest Fact: They never respond.

[quote name='dyeknom']Quite possibly one of the most ridiculous transactions if all of these get sent back to me. They were all literally brand new without the shrink wrap. Not sure what calling CS would do, but when they get here... but I may have to do so.[/QUOTE]

The vast majority of what I have sent in was upgraded to like new from very good. All of them were set to accept lower values if the condition wasnt as submitted.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Haha. You said call.

Fun fact: Half doesn't have a Customer Service you can call.

Funner Fact: Half only does CS emails.

Funnest Fact: They never respond.[/QUOTE]
I kind of figured that they would never respond. I want to see what they did to this brand new, factory sealed game that got rejected for scratches that could not be refurbished.

[quote name='io']I keep cancelling and resubmitting my last box until the 2 I sent in a week and a half ago get processed first. They still have no updates whatsoever on them. I really hate this no tracking thing. I don't even remember exactly when I brought them in (just that it was some time last week).

Fortunately all the values are still the same so I'll keep resubmitting this last one as long as I can.[/QUOTE]
This is what I plan to do in the future If and when they deny my games.. What were the games did half keep sending back to you?

[quote name='k1ngster']This is what I plan to do in the future If and when they deny my games.. What were the games did half keep sending back to you?[/QUOTE]

Say what now? I've never had anything sent back (crossing fingers). I just meant I keep cancelling and resubmitting the same set (but I have yet to mail it). I have 2 boxes on the way and I'd like to get paid for at least 1 of those before I send a 3rd box out. What I was saying is that as long as the values are the same, I might as well wait and keep "renewing" that last trade-in.

I would like there to be a running total of the rejected games to see if there are any patterns.

Once I find out my next results I'll post that plus the list of games I've had accepted within the last few weeks.

So far one game has said it's "The case is missing or severely damaged or heavily marked.", but I sent it in brand new. It went from over $20 to around $7. Depending on what the rest of the games end up being I will either be rather upset to furious.

We'll see what happens.

bread's done
Back