Half.com Instant Sale (Trade In Program)

[quote name='doc_j88']Also my Rayman 360 + Wii are being processed

Rayman PS3 (Which was recently changed to Sleeping dogs) is pending Audit.[/QUOTE]

My ps3 one that just arrived yesterday says pending audit but with a note that says reason: unauthorized copy or incorrect edition

[quote name='Geco17']Might as well lock those in if they're still that high, and then buy them from BB for $10 each this Sunday.[/QUOTE]

price match, FTW

[quote name='merchie89']Yeah, I thought it was 2 copies of a game no matter the platform?!?!? what the heck...[/QUOTE]

In my experience (3 shipments, 17 games total & more on the way), the rule seems to be 2 of any specific game. Meaning, for a given title (ie Madden 12) you could have 2 for Wii, 2 for 360, 2 for PS3, etc.

[quote name='jetsaredim']In my experience (3 shipments, 17 games total & more on the way), the rule seems to be 2 of any specific game. Meaning, for a given title (ie Madden 12) you could have 2 for Wii, 2 for 360, 2 for PS3, etc.[/QUOTE]

This is still confusing. Are you saying 2 is the maximum across all 3 systems. Meaning 1 Wii + 1 PS3 = you're done?

Per the Use of Services section:

"Seller understands that the Services are designed as a consumer service and therefore a limit of 10 sales per Seller per calendar quarter and 2 of the same items per Seller per calendar quarter is the maximum number of items permitted. If Seller sends more than 2 of the same items in any calendar quarter, the Company reserves the right to keep all excess items without reimbursement to Seller unless Seller pays reasonable costs for shipping and handling for Company to return items."

I sent in a brand new copy of Madden 12 for PS3 on 7/26. I received an email on 8/6 telling me thay received it, so I looked up my instant sale account and under reason it says this-This is an unauthorized copy or incorrect edition.The Disk has scratches and could not be refurbished.The case is missing or severely damaged or heavily marked. All I did was remove the plastic wrapping. I sent in a bubble mailer, if they send back a damaged disc I am going to be very pissed.

Dude, that stinks. I hope it works out for you.

I just placed an order for two more Rayman Origins. Already did 1 Wii copy a while ago, this time 1 Wii and 1 360.

Probably gonna get a 2nd copy for 360 to save just incase I can do 2 of each platform

[quote name='shieryda']Per the Use of Services section:

"Seller understands that the Services are designed as a consumer service and therefore a limit of 10 sales per Seller per calendar quarter and 2 of the same items per Seller per calendar quarter is the maximum number of items permitted. If Seller sends more than 2 of the same items in any calendar quarter, the Company reserves the right to keep all excess items without reimbursement to Seller unless Seller pays reasonable costs for shipping and handling for Company to return items."[/QUOTE]

Well, now you're trusting what their interpretation of "the same item" means. Obviously, it should be based on UPC's...but considering the reasons they've given for rejections thus far (and the fact that they outright state that they'll keep your items if you send in more than 2 of "the same item"), it wouldn't shock me at all for "the cover looks the same" to pass for an excuse.

For that matter, are we SURE the 10 sales per calendar quarter doesn't count cancelled orders? The reason I ask is because at the top of my "Instant Sales" page, it shows "Total orders: 7 | Total items: 10"...which would be counting my cancelled orders.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']This is still confusing. Are you saying 2 is the maximum across all 3 systems. Meaning 1 Wii + 1 PS3 = you're done?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the confusion. Again, just from my experience, it seems 2 per platform, per title.

For example, I recently was paid for two shipments of 7 games each with the exact same games in each shipment. In each shipment, among other things, I sent in 3 different copies of Madden 12 (Wii, 360, PS3) for a total of 6 copies across the three platforms. I've also done similar with Lego Harry Potter 5-7 in which I've sent a copy of each platform in the same shipment.

Also, this is from their Instant Sale FAQ:

Will I be able to tell why my item is being returned?

Yes. When an item is returned, you will receive an email with a picture of the item and a description of why it's being returned. You'll also find the reason for the return listed in Half.com in the My Instant Sale section of My Account.

* If, after being evaluated, the condition of your item differs from the condition you stated, you may receive a new quote with a revised offer amount, or the item will be sent back to you. At the time you make your sale, you can choose which option you prefer. Through Instant Sale, our first priority is to bring value to you by offering top dollar for your books, CDs, and DVDs. But if the item doesn't meet minimum condition requirements or is damaged beyond repair, it will be shipped back to you for free. Our commitment to you is that your items will be handled responsibly and evaluated fairly.

I doubt anybody has gotten a picture of their item after being rejected yet. Though, to be fair, the Instant Sale FAQ page says it accepts CDs...but not music CDs. Only game CDs and movie CDs. Soooo...yeah. Confidence restored, lol.

What kinds of items can I sell in the Instant Sale program?

Half.com Instant Sale currently accepts books, CDs, and DVDs. Books include most textbooks as well as other books. In addition, the program accepts movie CDs, DVDs, and game CDs. Music CDs aren't accepted in the program.

[quote name='jetsaredim']Sorry for the confusion. Again, just from my experience, it seems 2 per platform, per title.

For example, I recently was paid for two shipments of 7 games each with the exact same games in each shipment. In each shipment, among other things, I sent in 3 different copies of Madden 12 (Wii, 360, PS3) for a total of 6 copies across the three platforms. I've also done similar with Lego Harry Potter 5-7 in which I've sent a copy of each platform in the same shipment.[/QUOTE]

I have traded x 2 LEGO Potter :360: x 2 :ps3: x2 :wii: x2 :ds: (that is 8 total of the same title). I have tried for x 3 of the same title/same system and the half.com system will not allow it, but tells me I can sell it on eBay or something like that...

[quote name='n8rockerasu']This is still confusing. Are you saying 2 is the maximum across all 3 systems. Meaning 1 Wii + 1 PS3 = you're done?[/QUOTE]

It is very simple if you think of it this way: you can trade up to 2 of any particular UPC.

I have an odd thing going on with my package that they acknowledged receiving yesterday. I got another email today acknowledging the same order being received today. There's a bit of worry with what they say online: it shows 4 of the games "Processing" but 1 of them still "pending audit". I don't see any note about condition or it being returned though. Still, that makes me worry a bit. The game in question is Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 for Wii. It was in mint condition of course (though I should note it was the only one of the games I sent in that wasn't still sealed).

On the plus side, they also acknowledged receipt of my second box today and on my account it shows a "New Instant Sale Offer" bumping a game from "Very Good" to "Like New" condition. All of those show as "Processing" as well. So I think maybe my Lego Harry Potter is heading for rejection. Both sets of games were sent in a large cardboard box with plenty of padding around the games, so there's no way that one game would have been damaged in transit.

I have one more box to send and I will probably go ahead and do it - I probably should pull the trigger before I hear what they do with that one game or I might not do it at all ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='merchie89']hey whoever had the Rayman PS3 turn into a Sleeping Dogs, will you update when you get word from Half>[/QUOTE]

Same happened with 360 version
I'll post as soon as I hear from half

If anyone has a problem with the PS3 Rayman, just take a screenshot as the UPC matches with Rayman Origins, the product description talks about Rayman Origins, and the sellers are selling Rayman Origins on that page.

I got my shipment confirmation yesterday. Didn't receive the games though. Sometimes UPS delivers a bit late so it's still possible :p

For those who don't mind making a long distance phone call, the company behind the trade-in program is called Elovations. There's a listing for them in KY.

http://www.b2byellowpages.com/company-information/288117639-elovations.html

Elovations
1850 Airport Exchange Blvd
Erlanger KY 41018

Phone: 859-282-8191

Also didn't someone mention that one of the people behind NorAm own like 50% of this company running the Half program? If so, then that explains all of the shady shit going on with 'damaged' games imo.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Same happened with 360 version
I'll post as soon as I hear from half[/QUOTE]

Did it happen with the 360 version? I still see it as Rayman Origins.

Sent in my first two games, used a reinforced bubble mailer to avoid the "slasher" I kept hearing about. Hope these go through, might continue using this program if it does.

[quote name='io']It is very simple if you think of it this way: you can trade up to 2 of any particular UPC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the right way to think about it. Just the wording that was being thrown around was confusing people, I think. Now, if they could just manage to keep a "new" game in "like new" condition, haha. ;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For those who don't mind making a long distance phone call, the company behind the trade-in program is called Elovations. There's a listing for them in KY.

http://www.b2byellowpages.com/company-information/288117639-elovations.html
.[/QUOTE]

Someone should add that info to the OP. ;)

[quote name='sfabo']Thanks.

So do I just submit, print slip (x2) and put in the same box?[/QUOTE]

No, you make two orders

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Also didn't someone mention that one of the people behind NorAm own like 50% of this company running the Half program? If so, then that explains all of the shady shit going on with 'damaged' games imo.[/QUOTE]

Yes it was me that mentioned this. That person is Michael Dugally, CEO and co-founder of NorAm and a 50 percent owner of Elovations.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Someone should add that info to the OP. ;)[/QUOTE]
:razz::booty: For once, I didn't check the OP before posting. So I guess I'm a noob in that respect for re-posting that.:cry:

But with the guy who owns NorAm owning half of the company running this program, that makes me all the more leery of ever wanting to bother with the program at all. At least with the Amazon program you can call and bitch to Amazon and get a promo credit for the amount you were supposed to get. With this program I haven't really read of anyone being able to do the same with Half.com .

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:razz::booty: For once, I didn't check the OP before posting. So I guess I'm a noob in that respect for re-posting that.:cry:

But with the guy who owns NorAm owning half of the company running this program, that makes me all the more leery of ever wanting to bother with the program at all. At least with the Amazon program you can call and bitch to Amazon and get a promo credit for the amount you were supposed to get. With this program I haven't really read of anyone being able to do the same with Half.com .[/QUOTE]

lol...it's ok. We can let it slide this one time. ;) Yeah...I've heard the horror stories people have had with Amazon, but I never had a problem (I was even able to trade in a PS3 charging station for $60). I agree it's much more nerve wracking not having a direct source to complain to. People should still try to contact Half.com support if they have a problem though. I haven't heard of anybody even trying to in this thread yet.

A question for people who have had comments left for the games that they sent in, where did those appear? Was it under the item's condition? So far, my 6 games are all "processing" and all 6 are still marked "like new" (all 6 were sealed). Just want to make sure I'm looking in the right place.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']lol...it's ok. We can let it slide this one time. ;) Yeah...I've heard the horror stories people have had with Amazon, but I never had a problem (I was even able to trade in a PS3 charging station for $60). I agree it's much more nerve wracking not having a direct source to complain to. People should still try to contact Half.com support if they have a problem though. I haven't heard of anybody even trying to in this thread yet.

A question for people who have had comments left for the games that they sent in, where did those appear? Was it under the item's condition? So far, my 6 games are all "processing" and all 6 are still marked "like new" (all 6 were sealed). Just want to make sure I'm looking in the right place.[/QUOTE]
I sent them a message via the Help Desk link when one of my sealed games was rejected for being scratched. They replied a few days later saying they would escalate my concern to the Instant Sale dept. and get back to me.

The comments will be on the right hand side where it usually says Processing, Pending Audit, etc.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah...I've heard the horror stories people have had with Amazon, but I never had a problem QUOTE]

I sent in a PS3 Fat to Amazon bubble wrapped to where it was completely safe, and they rejected it saying it was broken. I got it back in a box with no padding and in pieces. I wasnt happy at all. I at first got a 100.00 credit from Amazon, but later they gave me the full 230.00 trade in credit.

[quote name='klimb22']I sent them a message via the Help Desk link when one of my sealed games was rejected for being scratched. They replied a few days later saying they would escalate my concern to the Instant Sale dept. and get back to me.

The comments will be on the right hand side where it usually says Processing, Pending Audit, etc.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering both of my questions. That's good info to have. Whether Half.com decides to address individual problems or not, if they keep getting reports like this, I'm sure they'll break ties with Elovations.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Thanks for answering both of my questions. That's good info to have. Whether Half.com decides to address individual problems or not, if they keep getting reports like this, I'm sure they'll break ties with Elovations.[/QUOTE]
Amazon hasn't gotten rid of NorAm yet and they were doing this kinda scummy bs all the time for a while. So I don't see Half getting rid of Elovations as long as the bulk of their transactions remain profitable for the company.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Amazon hasn't gotten rid of NorAm yet and they were doing this kinda scummy bs all the time for a while. So I don't see Half getting rid of Elovations as long as the bulk of their transactions remain profitable for the company.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but like I said, I've never had a problem with Amazon trade ins (and I'm sure I'm not the only one). It's all going to be relative to the percentage of complaints. If I remember correctly, a lot of the Amazon problems stemmed from one particular warehouse too (I want to say in New Hampshire), where a lot of people's stuff was being "lost".

I'm just saying, for a relatively new operation, with Half.com's name on the line, if a large enough percentage of the "instant sales" are creating problems, they might look into it. It just seemed like a lot of people in this thread were having issues for such a small sample size. Could just be squeaky wheel syndrome though.

[quote name='stickyfeet'][quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah...I've heard the horror stories people have had with Amazon, but I never had a problem QUOTE]

I sent in a PS3 Fat to Amazon bubble wrapped to where it was completely safe, and they rejected it saying it was broken. I got it back in a box with no padding and in pieces. I wasnt happy at all. I at first got a 100.00 credit from Amazon, but later they gave me the full 230.00 trade in credit.[/QUOTE]
My DSI xL was rejected on Amazon Trade in, thay said it does not work, Im curious as to what the condition its going to arrive back in..

I just got PayPal for all 7 of my games. My order included Rayman PS3, which got changed to Sleeping Dogs, but it went through fine and I got paid for it like the others. My order also included two very good condition games that got upgraded to like new.

[quote name='illennium']I just got PayPal for all 7 of my games. My order included Rayman PS3, which got changed to Sleeping Dogs, but it went through fine and I got paid for it like the others. My order also included two very good condition games that got upgraded to like new.[/QUOTE]

How long did it take you to get credited after your games were in the processing stage?

[quote name='Geco17']How long did it take you to get credited after your games were in the processing stage?[/QUOTE]

Yesterday I received the email that the games had been received and when I logged in the status said pending audit. This morning they changed to payment processing and when I go to my PayPal the money is there. It took about 2 weeks for the order to be "received" though.

[quote name='illennium']Yesterday I received the email that the games had been received and when I logged in the status said pending audit. This morning they changed to payment processing and when I go to my PayPal the money is there. It took about 2 weeks for the order to be "received" though.[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks. I had the same process, it took 2 weeks for them to receive my order. I got the email 2 days ago, and that's when they changed from pending to processing. They also bumped up my offers, but still haven't received my payment yet.

[quote name='illennium']I just got PayPal for all 7 of my games. My order included Rayman PS3, which got changed to Sleeping Dogs, but it went through fine and I got paid for it like the others. My order also included two very good condition games that got upgraded to like new.[/QUOTE]

Dang they didn't pay for my rayman for PS3.

my Rayman for PS3 is also pending audit.

My other two games have already been processed and i have money in my paypal account as we speak.

Rayman on the other hand was brand new and was changed to Sleeping dogs, a game not even released yet!

Ship to payment for my games took exactly 1 week 1 day.

No reason why rayman is still pending audit. They haven't left me a note or anything.

[quote name='doc_j88']my Rayman for PS3 is also pending audit.

My other two games have already been processed and i have money in my paypal account as we speak.

Rayman on the other hand was brand new and was changed to Sleeping dogs, a game not even released yet!

Ship to payment for my games took exactly 1 week 1 day.

No reason why rayman is still pending audit. They haven't left me a note or anything.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat; waiting on x 2 of the Rayman :ps3:, the :wii: and :360: Rayman's processed just fine. I, too, have Sleeping Dogs for what used to to be Rayman :ps3:, they didn't change the name(s) on :wii: or :360:, though. Hope it's just temporary?

I received payment today for 4 games that I sent out last Monday. They were marked as received yesterday and it only took a day for payment. I got about $96 for Uncharted 3, Madden 12, NCAA Football 12, and Sims 3 Pets. I shipped them in a box with bubble packs that Best Buy uses to make sure they wouldn't be damaged.

For those contacting Half over the discrepancy in the :ps3:Rayman Origins turning into :ps3:Sleeping Dogs, here's the correct UPC(according to TRU.com) for Sleeping Dogs.

Currently it brings up no listing on Half's Instant Sale page.

Resistance 3 and Warhammer 40k still show processing for me, had pending audit from Thursday through Monday. I had Resistance listed as very good because of sticker residue over the upc label(fuck you Best Buy), hope they're not actually going to refuse over that. Bar code is still perfectly visible under it.

Damn, my orders haven't budged - one received Monday with 4 games processing and 1 still pending audit and one received Tuesday with all the games processing...

They both took about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks to get there.

I have one more (probably last) box to send in today but was hoping at least one of those payments would shake loose first before I mailed it.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Resistance 3 and Warhammer 40k still show processing for me, had pending audit from Thursday through Monday. I had Resistance listed as very good because of sticker residue over the upc label(fuck you Best Buy), hope they're not actually going to refuse over that. Bar code is still perfectly visible under it.[/QUOTE]

I sent them Madden as Like New and they rejected it because of sticker residue.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Resistance 3 and Warhammer 40k still show processing for me, had pending audit from Thursday through Monday. I had Resistance listed as very good because of sticker residue over the upc label(fuck you Best Buy), hope they're not actually going to refuse over that. Bar code is still perfectly visible under it.[/QUOTE]
That's when you buy a $.99-$1.99 sports title for whichever system you need a case for from GS and swap them out.;)

:360:- http://www.gamestop.com/browse/games/xbox-360?nav=28xp0,1385-ffff2418-17f
:ps3:- http://www.gamestop.com/browse/playstation-3?nav=28xp0,138d-d3-17e-17f
:wii:- http://www.gamestop.com/browse/nintendo-wii?nav=28xp0,138a-d3-17e-17f

Some cheaper ones may be available in store that're $.99 as the cheapest showing up on PS3 on their site is $2.99 or so.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For those contacting Half over the discrepancy in the :ps3:Rayman Origins turning into :ps3:Sleeping Dogs, here's the correct UPC(according to TRU.com) for Sleeping Dogs.

Currently it brings up no listing on Half's Instant Sale page.[/QUOTE]

This is really a strange little bird (on half.com's end), this Rayman vs Sleeping Dogs. I am "Ok" (per se) if they just ship the x 2 :ps3: Rayman Origins back to me, but DAMN that was a steal. I just can't figure out why they would take the :360: and :wii: copies (with basically the same TIV, actually I think the :360: TIV was higher than the :ps3:, they must have gotten SWARMED with them, huh?)

bread's done
Back