Half.com Instant Sale (Trade In Program)

I have sent in about ten (10) games this year, and they are usually very fast with payment. From my own experience, they DID pay me on the same day I received the confirmation email. If not, the next day.

I just got my payment processed for 4 games that I sent out half a week ago. I was a little afraid of this program but now I am very happy.

[quote name='merchie89']question, does 2 of the same product per quarter mean 2 of a certain game or two of a certain game per console?

gonna do a Rayman and two lego harry potters for 29 into 75[/QUOTE]

Two (2) of a certain game per console from my own experience

[quote name='ithebigc']Anyone send in Not for Resale games? I'd like to unload LittleBigPlanet 2 Special Edition, which came from a PS3 Bundle[/QUOTE]

Considering how it is so UPC-based (where you can't even look up games by name) I would assume that is a risky thing to try.

[quote name='io']Considering how it is so UPC-based (where you can't even look up games by name) I would assume that is a risky thing to try.[/QUOTE]
You CAN look up games by title. Just search for the game in the main search bar, navigate to the page with the game listings and info, click on "Sell my copy" towards the upper right, and click on "Instant Sale." :D

[quote name='phantomphoenix']You CAN look up games by title. Just search for the game in the main search bar, navigate to the page with the game listings and info, click on "Sell my copy" towards the upper right, and click on "Instant Sale." :D[/QUOTE]

OK, I never did find a way to get to Instant Sale from the web page at all - I always had to use the link in the OP (which I made a bookmark of course). I didn't want to get into a whole thing here but I thought the web site was very poorly designed. And I say this as a long-time eBay user (just never did the Half side of it). I saw the "Sell my copy" button but I always just assumed that would set it up for regular sale and I didn't want to do that with these games.

So, yeah, I was using eBay to look up the UPC's (if I didn't have the game handy) and then entering that into the link in the OP ;).

Just got paid today as well so it took a week (including the July 4 holiday too).

I have another question. It says 10 shipments total for the instant trade-in program. If I cancel a shipment, it doesn't count towards the 10 right? That's what I'm thinking, but I want to make sure.

[quote name='WTFD4V1D']Just got paid today as well so it took a week (including the July 4 holiday too).

I have another question. It says 10 shipments total for the instant trade-in program. If I cancel a shipment, it doesn't count towards the 10 right? That's what I'm thinking, but I want to make sure.[/QUOTE]

Only the ones that are shipped and paid are counted toward the quarterly limit.

Hmmm - I probably should have combined more stuff as I'm already at 5 - mostly one game at a time because I didn't fully trust it. I still have only been paid for 1 so far. I'm waiting on a couple others some of which have been going on 8-9 days now. Just like with Amazon trade-in, it probably all depends on how close you are to their processing center - especially given that some of them have gone via media mail (which is risky as they could get rejected by the PO since games can't go via media mail). Why can't any of this crap ever be on the West Coast? ;)

[quote name='io']Hmmm - I probably should have combined more stuff as I'm already at 5 - mostly one game at a time because I didn't fully trust it. I still have only been paid for 1 so far. I'm waiting on a couple others some of which have been going on 8-9 days now. Just like with Amazon trade-in, it probably all depends on how close you are to their processing center - especially given that some of them have gone via media mail (which is risky as they could get rejected by the PO since games can't go via media mail). Why can't any of this crap ever be on the West Coast? ;)[/QUOTE]

Wait you can only do 5 trade orders total? Or unlimited orders and 5 games per order?

[quote name='slowdive21']Wait you can only do 5 trade orders total? Or unlimited orders and 5 games per order?[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the posts above mine which mentioned 10 orders per quarter. I was just saying I could have combined my 5 orders into probably 2 pretty easily and thus still had 8 more left. I never meant to imply any sort of limit of 5 - just that I was already half way to their supposed limit without even doing much yet.

[quote name='merchie89']from experience: they got my games today, how long till its checked and paid out?[/QUOTE]

Probably either today or tomorrow.

Noticed that they are giving $13.19 paypal for a like new Rage on Xbox 360. Pretty good if you bought it for Best buy at $5 and are done with it!

[quote name='ithebigc']Anyone send in Not for Resale games? I'd like to unload LittleBigPlanet 2 Special Edition, which came from a PS3 Bundle[/QUOTE]

I just got notification of a game being returned for "Reason:This is an unauthorized copy or incorrect edition.The Disk has scratches and could not be refurbished.Companion disks have scratches."

The actual game itself should be fine, when i sent it in the last 4 digits of the UPC came off when I tried to remove Best Buy's fucking sticker on the actual cover art. The entire bar code was still intact tho.

NO UPC, send in just the disc for acceptable offer.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I sent some games in a week ago, still haven't gotten an email saying they've got em. I'm not a fan of this lack of tracking.[/QUOTE]

Just give them a couple more days. It seems that there's a bit of delay in processing packages at the USPS mainly due to the fact that there's July 4th holiday last week.

i sent in brand new copies of rayman origins for PS3 and 360. will they give me a problem that 1) they are sealed or 2) they are the same game (even though they are on different platforms)?

Isn't this program just essentially Half acting as a middleman for people wanting to buy these games on their site and still opening you up to the same kinda claims as you would see on Half/eBay on your own(SNAD, etc)?

It sure seems like it from what a member of a social group I'm in on here said, where Paypal banned them because someone buying one of their games through this program filed a claim.

If this was just Half.com/eBay buying shit and then selling it on their own after paying you I might take a chance. But I'm glad I didn't waste my time now.

^^ That is not the way I understand this to work. I mean, we send them to one central facility so I really doubt a subsequent buyer could then file a claim against you personally. When the game is submitted and paid it just shows a payment to you. If it was going to some buyer and you were still responsible for it then I would think it would show your buyer on the transaction somewhere.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I sent some games in a week ago, still haven't gotten an email saying they've got em. I'm not a fan of this lack of tracking.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here - I think I'm running a week and a half on a couple now. I got paid for the first one I sent in but the 2 I sent right after that are taking longer (and all 3 went over the July 4th holiday so I'm not sure that's the problem).

[quote name='merchie89']why wouldn't you just open them? and eliminate that possible problem[/QUOTE]

The new games I sent in I kept sealed for one reason and one reason only - I had locked them in at "like new" and I didn't want there to be any question that they were in that condition. If you open them someone could always claim they weren't "like new". If this was like Amazon with just "good" vs "acceptable" then I would have opened them as they don't need to be perfect for "good".

So far the one I had accepted and paid was a sealed copy of Resistance 3.

[quote name='io']Hmmm - I probably should have combined more stuff as I'm already at 5 - mostly one game at a time because I didn't fully trust it. I still have only been paid for 1 so far. I'm waiting on a couple others some of which have been going on 8-9 days now. Just like with Amazon trade-in, it probably all depends on how close you are to their processing center - especially given that some of them have gone via media mail (which is risky as they could get rejected by the PO since games can't go via media mail). Why can't any of this crap ever be on the West Coast? ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='merchie89']yeah my label had media mail on it but games cant go media i thought?[/QUOTE]

Heh, I think this half.com is a branch of ebay right? I think it's funny that ebay is defrauding the post office (It's completely arbitrary that video games on disks are not "media" but a blue ray, or DVD, or music CD is -- but that is the rules).

I think that the only penalty, though, is that the post office can open media mail (so I guess there is a risk that your postal carrier helps himself to a new video game) but then they just charge the recipient extra on delivery. So, I guess they are just risking getting charged extra and they figure that they save money if they don't get caught.

I finally got my order at BB. 3 trade ins all complete from b2g2. I should get $67.64 for them (paid $35.xx) and get to keep a free game.

I was losing hope for my latest shipment to half. There were 3 games in total in one package and it has been almost 2 weeks. I have dealt with them before without a problem, but this time I haven't gotten any email about they receiving them UNTIL today, WOOHOO!! Hope I will be getting paid by tomorrow.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Isn't this program just essentially Half acting as a middleman for people wanting to buy these games on their site and still opening you up to the same kinda claims as you would see on Half/eBay on your own(SNAD, etc)?

It sure seems like it from what a member of a social group I'm in on here said, where Paypal banned them because someone buying one of their games through this program filed a claim.

If this was just Half.com/eBay buying shit and then selling it on their own after paying you I might take a chance. But I'm glad I didn't waste my time now.[/QUOTE]

Anytime there is profit involved, it's a bad idear. Want to sell those black ops cars yet???? ;)

[quote name='kangchousa']Just give them a couple more days. It seems that there's a bit of delay in processing packages at the USPS mainly due to the fact that there's July 4th holiday last week.[/QUOTE]

You were right, I got emails about delivery yesterday around 2pm...still waiting on the paypal deposit before I give half.com my full approval though.

How long do you have to ship your game once you send your order. I'm not sure if the following sounds wrong or if I should even be saying it but. Half.com is offering me almost $25 for Lego Harry Potter and Amazon is selling it New for $17 meaning almost an $8 profit if I bought the game only to sell it. Is this something you guys have been doing? Am I correct in what I'm saying and what should I do about it? I don't want to become "that guy".

[quote name='xcefkevin']How long do you have to ship your game once you send your order. I'm not sure if the following sounds wrong or if I should even be saying it but. Half.com is offering me almost $25 for Lego Harry Potter and Amazon is selling it New for $17 meaning almost an $8 profit if I bought the game only to sell it. Is this something you guys have been doing? Am I correct in what I'm saying and what should I do about it? I don't want to become "that guy".[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to comment on the rest of it, but you have a week before you have to mail it - they tell you the date when you place the order.

[quote name='kangchousa']At this rate, we'll probably see another thread for bb.com(gs.com, az.com, etc.) to half.com flip... ;)[/QUOTE]
I certainly hope not. It's bad enough that GS to BB thread was left active when flippers in general have had to go underground via social groups on here AND flipping discussions in other threads are nuked post haste, only to see something clearly advocating flipping from store to store being left untouched.

What I find even funnier though is all the whiners who usually complain about flippers and flipping discussions didn't say boo in the GS to BB thread. Yet as I said above, as soon as you mention flipping in any other thread the complainers are out in full force crying their lil eyes out.:roll:

[quote name='DerClaw']Heh, I think this half.com is a branch of ebay right? I think it's funny that ebay is defrauding the post office (It's completely arbitrary that video games on disks are not "media" but a blue ray, or DVD, or music CD is -- but that is the rules).

I think that the only penalty, though, is that the post office can open media mail (so I guess there is a risk that your postal carrier helps himself to a new video game) but then they just charge the recipient extra on delivery. So, I guess they are just risking getting charged extra and they figure that they save money if they don't get caught.[/QUOTE]

I think I mentioned this in an earlier post but just to reiterate: I emailed half.com CS about this, making it clear I have no intention of "ratting them out" for using Media Mail on games. They said they are aware of the issue and are working to fix it... whatever that means. I suspect you're right though; they are saving a little money each time they use MM instead of FCM rates.

And just to summarize, I am 3 for 3 with sending in games through this Instant Sale feature, all of them being reported received and paid in about a week.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']

And just to summarize, I am 3 for 3 with sending in games through this Instant Sale feature, all of them being reported received and paid in about a week.[/QUOTE]

Wow, a week? I am going on 11 days now with the game I sent in. I got used to Amazons trade in service where the game would be there the day after I dropped it in the UPS box and I would have credit 2 days later.

bread's done
Back