Halo 3 Beta via Crackdown is up!

Finally got the beta downloaded !!! if anyone is about to play .. add me. Would rather play with some CAGs then some random kids.

Well, WHAT...THE...SHAQ-FU?? I downloaded it, it boots up, but when I press "A" for "Play the Beta", I get a message about how it's currently unavailable or the beta period is over. Have the servers crashed already? I exited back to Dashboard and rebooted Crackdown, to no avail. Please tell me I am not alone in this problem.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Well, WHAT...THE...SHAQ-FU?? I downloaded it, it boots up, but when I press "A" for "Play the Beta", I get a message about how it's currently unavailable or the beta period is over. Have the servers crashed already? I exited back to Dashboard and rebooted Crackdown, to no avail. Please tell me I am not alone in this problem.[/QUOTE]

Same thing here. Weird ...

[quote name='jollydwarf']Well, WHAT...THE...SHAQ-FU?? I downloaded it, it boots up, but when I press "A" for "Play the Beta", I get a message about how it's currently unavailable or the beta period is over. Have the servers crashed already? I exited back to Dashboard and rebooted Crackdown, to no avail. Please tell me I am not alone in this problem.[/QUOTE]
You're not alone. You need an update for the beta.

Question - if I rent a copy of Crackdown, will I still need the disk to play the beta? I ask because my future brother in law owns the game, and if I can get away with borrowing the game from him and downloading the beta, I will.

So yeah...help me out?

[quote name='JJSP']Question - if I rent a copy of Crackdown, will I still need the disk to play the beta? I ask because my future brother in law owns the game, and if I can get away with borrowing the game from him and downloading the beta, I will.

So yeah...help me out?[/quote]

Yessir, I rented my copy of crackdown from blockbuster and i am downloading the beta right now.

[quote name='halfbent']Need the disc in the drive to play it. You start the beta through the game's menu, and it spins while you play.[/QUOTE]
Answers my question, thanks much. Looks like I'll need to hang on to the disk for the time being.

Well I reset the cache, and it prompted me for an update for the Beta. Did that, and I'm still getting the "Game Over" error. Anyone else have any suggestions? I don't even like Halo that much, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

i can't find any players when i go to play

wtf

it said something about my connection being "moderate NAT" but I'm not like an ultra techy guy so I'm not sure what that means. I just know it has something to do with the router.

edit: this is like xbox rewards all over again

had to reset my cache, didn't take long to download. different than halo 2 so far so good but will know better the more i play.

For those of you with the game over problem:
If you are seeing the "Game Over" message today, the 15th of May, try the following. Either, wait about an hour and relax, or if you cannot wait:

Restart your box, then do this:

Go to the dashboard.
Go to the system tab
Select memory
Highlight your hard drive
Press Y
Press X, X, LB, RB, X, X
Say yes when prompted to do maintenance on your hard drive.

This removes all previous title updates and prompts you to redownload new ones.

This message is only useful today, May 15th. When the Beta actually ends in three weeks, it won't help you.

If when you start the beta, if you don't see "view a film" at the main menu, wait until the option appears to press "start beta".

That's the workaround I read on Bungie.

Definitely don't let your controller sit idle. I was stuck forever, and then I just held the controller and moved it every minute or so while I watched TV. Got the last 60% in about 15 minutes.

Played the beta, and well...yeah, it's Halo. Hopefully the single-player will be better in 3 - it sucked in 2.

I feel strongly compelled to make a thread for people who just don't have the beta or don't give a hoot... I'm in the latter. Not dissing the game, just don't care enough for beta.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I feel strongly compelled to make a thread for people who just don't have the beta or don't give a hoot... I'm in the latter. Not dissing the game, just don't care enough for beta.[/QUOTE]
Why? So you guys can stand around and talk about how alternative you are?

They do that shit at the coffee house downtown.

[quote name='Brak']Why? So you guys can stand around and talk about how alternative you are?
[/QUOTE]

About the one thing we agree on. An "anti-Halo 3 beta thread" would serve no purpose, other than to stir shit up. Honestly, if you're not a fan of Halo or the beta, then go elsewhere and talk about something else.

Speaking of which, I've been dloading for the past two hours and it's only at 65% :(

Damn beta site is down again. Well I guess I got in 7 or 8 games for the night. Parts of it are fun but nothing earth shattering yet.

[quote name='richierich']Anyone else's Halo 3 beta stuck on "Loading information from Xbox Live..."...???[/QUOTE]
yeah its garbage.

[quote name='richierich']What was wrong with it?[/QUOTE]

They toned the shotgun massively in H2. Like if you shot someone point blank in the face they wouldn't die.

Now it seems to have the "kick" back sort of speak. The design also looks overall better.

down for me also, froze for the whole group during map loading. I like it so far but nothing spectacular, it actually seems the same. The weapons are abit more balanced but I feel like im playing halo 2 with advanced graphics.

I know its just the beta and the game is gonna be great but so far thats what i've noticed.

Yeah I love how the weapons seem more balanced, especially the assault rifle. I am not scared to use it as a starting weapon. DAMN AND I ONLY GOT TO PLAY 4 TOTAL GAMES!!! DAMN!!!

[quote name='paz9x']yeah its garbage.[/QUOTE]
Me too, cant get into a game. Think thats it for me tonight.

Bungie.net stats are nice, didnt notice they changed h2 stats also.

anyone else having trouble getting on? I get the game over message telling me to go play shadowrun o_O This happened once before but It came back. Now it's got it again

[quote name='richierich']Anyone else's Halo 3 beta stuck on "Loading information from Xbox Live..."...???[/quote]

Ya i have had it happen twice, i just tryed to log out and log back into xbox live it took awhile but it worked eventually.

[quote name='Zoglog']anyone else having trouble getting on? I get the game over message telling me to go play shadowrun o_O This happened once before but It came back. Now it's got it again[/QUOTE]
Restart you xbox.

Cant play anyways, its stuck on "loading info from xbox live"

bread's done
Back