Halo 3 Beta via Crackdown is up!

[quote name='velvet396']Would anybody be interested in setting up a room with a CEASE FIRE in place in order to explore/learn the maps and weapon locations?

And after that, to play with things like vehicle jumps and the grav lifts, etc. Just not killing and *maybe* occaisionally testing to see if the tea-bagification system still works properly.[/QUOTE]
I would totally be down with that...especially since we'll be dealing with non-Crackdown beta-ers who will really have the jump on us.

Send me a FR and let's do it!

[quote name='OzCatter']You know, a cease fire room can only exist if you all somehow end up paired together with a team randomly picked on the other side too like you[/QUOTE]
No. You can go into a team training room with 8 people you know.

[quote name='OzCatter']You know, a cease fire room can only exist if you all somehow end up paired together with a team randomly picked on the other side too like you[/QUOTE]
Well, shit.

I smell a free gift in our futures.

And it better not be the preexisting crackdown DLC, I already paid for that.

I think these reoccuring QA failures just illustrate the need for XBL to become an independent entity of MS. Not that that's ever going to happen, but a boy can dream, can't he?

It's a fricken beta==no one should be getting pissed, let alone free gifts just because they can't download it the minute it's released.

And if you bought Crackdown just to play a beta, then you're nuts, sorry I can't help you.

[quote name='gunm']It's a fricken beta==no one should be getting pissed, let alone free gifts just because they can't download it the minute it's released.

And if you bought Crackdown just to play a beta, then you're nuts, sorry I can't help you.[/QUOTE]
Thank-you for that splendid insight.

if people get pissed now.. imagine when they have the BETA and complain about stupid shit like..

"The shotgun dosent work properly.."
or
"Warthog is faster than the Mongoose"..
It's BETA.. Not a freaking demo..

i am just pissed, my 360 is broken,,

[quote name='zewone']No. You can go into a team training room with 8 people you know.[/quote]
Exactly my point. I don't have 8 people on my list yet, we need to gather as many interested parties to account for scheduling differences, etc. once the crackdown bug is fixed.

So, go to the thread and post up or PM me to do the cease-fire learn the maps/weapons first thingy. I know I've got about 2 minutes dedicated to bubble shield playing alone.

Holy crap, after reading about 4 pages of people crying about how the beta isn't up yet I've had enough. Seriously, this is just a freaking beta.
It will be up and you guys will get to play your precious game. I understand the frustration in wanting to play a great game, but good God you guys are overreacting way too much. It sounds like a bunch of kids in here.

This is going to be an absolute clusterfuck for the next few days.

Does this mean I can feel better about not having access to broadband this summer? :(

[quote name='Wolve11']Holy crap, after reading about 4 pages of people crying about how the beta isn't up yet I've had enough. Seriously, this is just a freaking beta.
It will be up and you guys will get to play your precious game. I understand the frustration in wanting to play a great game, but good God you guys are overreacting way too much. It sounds like a bunch of kids in here.[/quote]

the thing is many people altered their schedule for today to make time for the beta (i.e missing school, not going to work etc.) ive been cramming a shit load of work for the past day or two so id have free time today, and id be a bit of an annoyance if they delay it to another day..

[quote name='Wolve11']Holy crap, after reading about 4 pages of people crying about how the beta isn't up yet I've had enough. Seriously, this is just a freaking beta.
It will be up and you guys will get to play your precious game. I understand the frustration in wanting to play a great game, but good God you guys are overreacting way too much. It sounds like a bunch of kids in here.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that! Patience all, it will come.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']the thing is many people altered their schedule for today to make time for the beta (i.e missing school, not going to work etc.) ive been cramming a shit load of work for the past day or two so id have free time today, and id be a bit of an annoyance if they delay it to another day..[/quote]

I hate to say it....but scheduling your life around a beta is just retarded...I'd understand taking off for the release....but it is just a beta....

[quote name='Wolve11']I hate to say it....but scheduling your life around a beta is just retarded...I'd understand taking off for the release....but it is just a beta....[/QUOTE]

Different strokes for different folks man. Who are you to say that it's retarded?>

[quote name='Wolve11']I hate to say it....but scheduling your life around a beta is just retarded...I'd understand taking off for the release....but it is just a beta....[/QUOTE]
don't agree there, id imagine it to be higher quality than most of the retail shooters availible right now.
my buddy took the day off work, called me while i was at lunch and told me about the delay in release. I thought ti was funny, sucks for him though.

Wow, I find it a little odd that people take a day off for ANY game. I guess that is when Video Games ruled the world or your life. My extent was to try and download BEFORE work....it didn't work....oh well. It will be here eventually...no hurry.

[quote name='Wolve11']Someone with a life.....who is still looking forward to Halo 3 and playing the Halo 3 beta.....[/QUOTE]

Yea because us CAGs that are anticipating it have no lives :roll:

I didn't take off work and my semester is over, but I've done more for less in the past. Like I said, different strokes for different folks.

im just sad because i had a whole day planned out with my roommate, i finished all my papers and such due tomorrow, so i could just relax and play Halo 3 beta for a bunch of hours with him. But now, im just whatever, just sad-ish....meh...

[quote name='paz9x']don't agree there, id imagine it to be higher quality than most of the retail shooters availible right now.
my buddy took the day off work, called me while i was at lunch and told me about the delay in release. I thought ti was funny, sucks for him though.[/quote]

I got some peps on my friends list who did the same thing. There really pissed :bomb:

I'm just hoping that it comes out sometime today.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']If it still ain't working, wtf is this?[/QUOTE]

The beta works for people accessing it through other means. It just doesn't work accessing it through Crackdown, which is where the majority of the people are trying to get it.

[quote name='gunm']It's a fricken beta==no one should be getting pissed, let alone free gifts just because they can't download it the minute it's released.

And if you bought Crackdown just to play a beta, then you're nuts, sorry I can't help you.[/QUOTE]
If the beta is advertised on the game, why not? And if MS or Bungie states 5am PST then it should be then, if it isnt, then just say may 16th.

Im not compalining for a few minutes, hell it was afew hours when you posted, but its coming to over 6hours and still not available. Boo, time to test out that free xbla game

[quote name='Machikunas']The beta works for people accessing it through other means. It just doesn't work accessing it through Crackdown, which is where the majority of the people are trying to get it.[/quote]

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

Seeing as to how many people bought Crackdown for the beta, if anyone wants to sell me a complete copy for $20 shipped when the beta ends, let me know.

It just baffles me to see how much hype the beta of an FPS gets. I mean, there haven't even been giant changes to the way it plays to someone just glancing in. Just seems weird to me.

That's not to say that I'm convinced that I won't go to Blockbuster to rent Crackdown once it's actually up and running. ;)

I wonder if everything is 'on the level' here. I know the beta is downloadable and playable via means other than Crackdown, but why do I sense that they may have had an 'eleventh hour' change of heart and wanted to make the kids at school and guys at their 9-to-5 jobs happy to see that very few others got that 6-8 hour headstart? Why is it that I sense we'll see it around 9 P.M. EST?

Sure, I'm as kooky-paranoid as they get, but this just seems too big an event for them to have missed a snag at the last possible moment. Again, the beta works, just not for the vast majority of the would-be participants. Hmm....

Odd issue happened to me with this, and I was wondering if it happened to anybody else. I load up Crackdown, and an new update is available, after the restart it says that I don't have the 800 point expansion anymore (Availlable for purchase. it stats on the marketplace.. no longer a check mark by it). I bought the thing the day it came out. Anyone else have this issue

Hmm. Really glad I gave up and went to bed after 3 hours of waiting.

I'm actually really surprised to see that Bungie hasn't even bothered to update the public about what's going on besides the "We know" post.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I'm actually really surprised to see that Bungie hasn't even bothered to update the public about what's going on besides the "We know" post.[/QUOTE]

They have. It's on their website.

Says MS is looking into the problem.

[quote name='MikeMvS']Odd issue happened to me with this, and I was wondering if it happened to anybody else. I load up Crackdown, and an new update is available, after the restart it says that I don't have the 800 point expansion anymore (Availlable for purchase. it stats on the marketplace.. no longer a check mark by it). I bought the thing the day it came out. Anyone else have this issue[/quote]
That is awful. I havent had that problem...

One other conspiracy I saw over at 1up.com in a post is that Microtransactionsoft wants you to get frustrated and splurge for the premium Crackdown DLC 'while-u-wait'. That...that sounds just like something they'd do.

I know it's just a beta but what the fuck...they've probably spent as much money advertising this beta as a regular game and hyped the shit out of Crackdown with it.

There's no reason not to be a little ticked right now. How could they not have this prepared-- you would think Microsoft, of all companies, would know how to handle a huge server load and have it ready when they say it'll be ready.

I got up around 10:00 this morning to take my 360 into a friends house to play. (I don't have high-speed Internet here at home.)

We killed the rest of the afternoon playing Wii, since neither of us likes Crackdown. :lol:

Going back there tonight when he's off work to try again. So hopefully, it's up by 11:30!

This is too funny!
Like ok... I understand it's a Beta and the people who are saying "stop whining it's only a game" IS right.
However, this has been hyped up for a while.. so people will naturally be excited for it.
It was supposed to be here at 8am (est) and it's about 4:30 (est) now..that's a pretty long wait (with it still not out)...so I think people do have valid complaints.

Few hours would of been OK and forgiveable..but this is really bad.

bread's done
Back