Halo 3 Beta via Crackdown is up!

At least I can watch the Suns VS Spurs while I wait later on tonight. Lame ass Spurs.....

Sorry I had to get that out. haha

No worries to me if the demo is late. Hopefully they'll keep it up an extra day or so to make up for the delay. I'm at work all day and hopefully I can enjoy it tonight when I get home.

[quote name='mtxbass1']omgu8myrice, I ask again, can you make your signature a little bigger? It doesn't quite take up the full 22" on my monitor.[/quote]

sorry

[quote name='jimfoley16']But it is just a 60 dollar Halo 3 Beta, guaranteed people will get more time out of the Halo beta than they did Crackdown. Game took like 6 hours to beat if that.

Sandboxing really isn't fun either.[/quote]

No it isn't. Just because you see the game as a $60 beta, doesn't mean others didn't plan on buying the game anyway. I hate Halo. I got the game because I wanted to play Crackdown. The beta was a bonus. I get to play a new unfinished game before it's release. I could care less if Crackdown had the beta. Microsoft would still get my money with out it.

I love seeing my friends playing Halo 3. Like window shopping but not being able to even see the product you are drooling over.

I, and many others, according to a lot of Crackdown forums, would have bought Crackdown without the beta.

I guess it's irrevalant though, you'd be an idiot not to take advantage of a free game.

Hmmmm 3-6 more hours. I mean it's already 12 hours since it was supossed to come out. This is ridiculous. I'll go back to bungie should have tried this shit out before hand. In my eyes I don't think they know what they are doing there.

From bungie.net
UPDATE : 5/16/07 3:55 p.m.

We're happy to finally announce that the issues being faced with the Halo 3 beta and Crackdown will be resolved shortly. The Microsoft team has found a solution and it's undergoing final testing now.

Assuming the test pass goes according to plan, the fix will come in the form of a Crackdown title update within the next three to six hours.

We understand many of you were eagerly awaiting your chance to jump into the Halo 3 Beta and this technical issue has put a damper on your plans. Thankfully the fix is incoming and we're sincerely sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Ultimately we hope this will all soon be a distant memory once you pick up the Spartan Laser, launch yourself from a Mancannon and enjoy online shenanigans with your friends.

As a reminder, people who already have the Halo 3 Beta are unaffected by this issue. We'll keep you posted as soon as we have more information.

ME: so that means between 7pm-10pm PST the beta is supposed to be up. My math was right. Not bad for fingers. My guess is it will be up at 2pm PST.

[quote name='jlarlee']Hopefully I can download it after Lost. As soon as this beta is done used copies of Crackdown will be everywhere.[/quote]

Which is really sad, because Crackdown is such an awesome game, but will be forgotten by most after this is over.

Wow I just woke up (I work night shift) can't believe it's still not up! Hopefully by the time I get home from work in the morning everyone will have already downloaded it and be playing so I can down it real quick and stay on all day. :D

Shocking that it's the paying customer getting screwed in this deal SHOCKING....

[quote name='$hady']

Shocking that it's the paying customer getting screwed in this deal SHOCKING....[/QUOTE]

So shocking that the beta is free.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']So shocking that the beta is free.[/QUOTE]

In a way. If you didn't get picked for an Exclusive Bungie Invite you had to buy Crackdown.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']So shocking that the beta is free.[/quote]
The people who can't play all have Crackdown which most either bought or rented in some part to play Halo 3. So no it is not a free beta untill it's freely available to everyone with Xbox Live.

[quote name='$hady'] So no it is not a free beta untill it's freely available to everyone with Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]

When has there ever been a beta that's available to everyone?

You bought Crackdown. It came with a free beta. End of story.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']When has there ever been a beta that's available to everyone?

You bought Crackdown. It came with a free beta. End of story.[/quote]

Phantasy Star Universe I believe was a "beta".

I don't think that it'll be forgotten. Plus it's been out for months. I'm pretty sure most people didn't buy the game and keep it in plastic till today.

If the Crackdown play declines it'll be because it's nearing the end of its life cycle. Once you level up your agent and beat all the bosses and find all the orbs and complete all the races you're pretty much done.

It was a great game and the demo sold me on it not the Halo Beta invitation (that was a side benefit.)

[quote name='OzCatter']Which is really sad, because Crackdown is such an awesome game, but will be forgotten by most after this is over.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CocheseUGA']When has there ever been a beta that's available to everyone?

You bought Crackdown. It came with a free beta. End of story.[/quote]

what do u mean end of story, personally i wouldnt have bought the game if it didnt come with the beta. In my head i figured to pay 30$ for crackdown and 30$ for the beta.

Some people thought crackdown was a great game though, which is fine.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']what do u mean end of story, personally i wouldnt have bought the game if it didnt come with the beta. In my head i figured to pay 30$ for crackdown and 30$ for the beta.

Some people thought crackdown was a great game though, which is fine.[/QUOTE]

That's fine if you want to justify it that way, but just know it isn't reality.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']what do u mean end of story, personally i wouldnt have bought the game if it didnt come with the beta. In my head i figured to pay 30$ for crackdown and 30$ for the beta.

Some people thought crackdown was a great game though, which is fine.[/quote]

I would've never bought the game period for $60 beta or not. I would have rented it for the beta ONLY. But I got a new copy for $10 which is close enough to rental price for me to bite. By the way, I played the demo and didn't like it so mine sat in the shrink wrap until today.

I was lucky enough to score a mint Crackdown with the Beta about a month after it came out for $37 from a fellow CAG. The game is okay, but I'd be lying if I said I bought it solely for Crackdown itself.

[quote name='$hady']The people who can't play all have Crackdown which most either bought or rented in some part to play Halo 3. So no it is not a free beta untill it's freely available to everyone with Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]

Uh I bought Crackdown for Crackdown. I never liked Halo 1, and I havent played Halo 2. The beta will keep me amused for a little while, but it was just a bonus to me.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']I would've never bought the game period for $60 beta or not. I would have rented it for the beta ONLY. But I got a new copy for $10 which is close enough to rental price for me to bite. By the way, I played the demo and didn't like it so mine sat in the shrink wrap until today.[/QUOTE]

Crackdown was/is a great game. Best 360 game I played so far. It was FUN and isn't that the reason we play GAMES in the first place. I am bummed that the beta is not out yet, but it is cool that the full game will be available in September and not November.

Sure glad I didn't take the day of of work.

[quote name='videogamejunkie']Crackdown was/is a great game. Best 360 game I played so far. It was FUN and isn't that the reason we play GAMES in the first place. I am bummed that the beta is not out yet, but it is cool that the full game will be available in September and not November.

Sure glad I didn't take the day of of work.[/quote]

Which is fine... I totally agree with you. But I never thought this game was FUN. I ONLY bought it because it was a cheap way to access the beta since I was not selected.

I can see the argument of not buying the beta, but just realize the only reason they bought "Crackdown" is they needed the media to play the beta. So, technically, they bought the beta. It could have been a blank disk with the key written on it and people would have bought it.

However, I will be trading in "Crackdown" to the nearest resale shop or ebay as soon as the beta is over. I don't think I will be the only one!

[quote name='galvatron2k1']Phantasy Star Universe I believe was a "beta".[/QUOTE]

there's still a "beta" demo up....when will they realize that no matter how much they beta test it, it's still going to suck? :roll: jk (about the beta test...I'm very serious about PSU sucking.)

[quote name='galvatron2k1']Which is fine... I totally agree with you. But I never thought this game was FUN. I ONLY bought it because it was a cheap way to access the beta since I was not selected.

I can see the argument of not buying the beta, but just realize the only reason they bought "Crackdown" is they needed the media to play the beta. So, technically, they bought the beta. It could have been a blank disk with the key written on it and people would have bought it.

However, I will be trading in "Crackdown" to the nearest resale shop or ebay as soon as the beta is over. I don't think I will be the only one![/QUOTE]

Well Said. :applause:

[quote name='CocheseUGA']That's fine if you want to justify it that way, but just know it isn't reality.[/QUOTE]

It was advertised on the cover of the package. To me that is no different than not having an advertised feature of the game.

I think I speak for everyone when I say, "When's the ice cream going to get here."
homer%20simpson.gif

^^^Thanks for reminding me, I have a pint of Chubby Hubby. you can all have some.

7684010012.gif

Now, everybody grab a spoon and lets talk about our feelings about the Halo 3 Beta or lack thereof...

oh jeez, I'm getting verklempt...

Wow I just ate Ben & Jerrys. I had banana split. Mmmm!

But seriously.. can't believe this still isn't out .. lmao.

Oh well.

I thought crackdown was entertaining, but far to easy and short. not worth 60$, but I only paid 30$ so i have no complaints. waiting for this beta is a mood killer though.

[quote name='lilboo']But seriously.. can't believe this still isn't out .. lmao.[/quote]

Yeah, I realize this is a beta and all, but this is getting ridiculous. When they decided to put the beta on crackdown, did anybody at Bungie/Microsoft test this to see if it would work over XBL? Somebody dropped the ball on this one big time.

bread's done
Back