Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

Has anyone noticed the countdown on bungie.net? Hopefully there will be an announcement about the new map pack.

[quote name='SynGamer']You should come back to halo Draekon, we misses you.[/quote]

Translation: We're sucking too much from the new system! Help us, Draekon!

Anyhow, just ask me via AIM and if I'm not too busy I will finish up what I am doing and hop on over for a little bit. That is if I notice the message though.

I'm not sure I see the validity in complaining about people going for achievements in these DLC playlists. It's the main reason a ton of people are either starting to play Halo or getting back into Halo - to go for the new 250 points. If you didn't expect over 2/3 of the people on DLC BTB or DLC FFA to veto the game/map to get Avalance CTF or Blackout Oddball then you're only kidding yourself.

And, of course people are going to ask for help in getting one or two of the achievements, especially the Warthog chaingun turret kills because you need a dedicated driver to help you out.

Also, team killing/cursing out these kids who want achievements solves nothing and even adds more fuel to the fire. Hell, I'm sure if you make it your goal to team kill "boosters" then an eventual ban isn't out of the question. I got team killed in my very first match after this update because some kid wanted in the Warthog gunner, and I didn't cry and publicly whine about it - I just got in another one, got the achievement and then the double kill one with it. I've even gotten messages asking to boost or invites to a party wanting to grab these achievements - just ignore/block them. If you can't stand this current situation with achievement boosting/asking for help, then go ahead and sell your game before the next 500 points hit or don't buy the new maps. This batch of people who want to boost 250 will last like 2 weeks or so, but the group going for the last 500 won't go away for a while.

[quote name='SynGamer']I'm assuming this is an Expansion to Halo 3?[/quote]

It appears that way... It clearly says halo 3 at the end of the video... weird

The "Vidmaster Annual" achievement was glitched and you could get it right when the update hit. We got it last night.

That teaser was the stupidest shit ever. That huge countdown for that? Teaser or not, that was garbage.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I'm not sure I see the validity in complaining about people going for achievements in these DLC playlists. [/quote]

It's the same as Brett Favre falling down to give Michael Strahan the sack record a few years ago. When you help the other team get an achievement or the other team helps you, you really haven't achieved anything.

Interesting teaser...what does it mean though :whistle2:s?

Halo stories would make a great CGI animated series...

EDIT: Saw this on XBOX360Fanboy:

According to Xbox Live the mystery is a new campaign experience. The trailer download page on Live includes the text, "High action and deep mystery await players in this new Halo 3 campaign experience. Prepare to Drop!" This is getting interesting!
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/09/25/bungie-teases-possible-halo-3-expansion/

It would make sense with the whole new skulls and achievements. Pretty sweet if true!

The fact that you're using the word "Experience" brings to mind the new Xbox Experience. Meaning that the upcoming Halo 3 expansion pack is now confirmed to use the new Avatar system, in which we can have our own personal little avatars competeing in mini-games golore to help the Super Attendent clean up the city.

Back to seriousness: I haven't had a problem with boosters, though I guess I'm lucky. My problem is I go into the DLC Big Team to specificlly play the DLC maps and I always get that freaking Sandtrap, Zanzabar, or Rat's Nest. Rat's Nest I'm ok with, since it's techniclly DLC, but the other two where on the disc and are not DLC. What da crap guys?

And I'd like to throw my name in with the "I'm looking to get that Vidmaster Annual achivment" hat. Just shot me an add, message, or even better add the CAG Halo 3 list and shot me an invite from there.

I've been meaning to beat Halo 3 on Legendary Co-op (got about 2/3 of the way through and then stopped). Maybe this will be a good excuse to do so. Any idea when people are interested in doing it?

hey im down for doing the vidmaster campaign achievement, ill be on for a while today, just msg me... and if u anyone needs other campaign maps on legendary for older achievements ill help there as well

[quote name='Trakan']The "Vidmaster Annual" achievement was glitched and you could get it right when the update hit. We got it last night.

That teaser was the stupidest shit ever. That huge countdown for that? Teaser or not, that was garbage.[/QUOTE]

You guys did it already? Goddamnit. It's gonna be a bitch to find 3 other tolerable people to play it through with now.

According to Xbox Live the mystery is a new campaign experience. The trailer download page on Live includes the text, "High action and deep mystery await players in this new Halo 3 campaign experience. Prepare to Drop!" This is getting interesting!

Prepare to drop! .... just not anytime soon, so don't be too prepared.

[quote name='help1']I hope this isn't just a halo 3 single player expansion. I am really hoping for a new graphical engine and multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Me too. On top of that an expansion may require you to have Halo 3 and I just ditched it on Goozex this week.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']You guys did it already? Goddamnit. It's gonna be a bitch to find 3 other tolerable people to play it through with now.[/quote]I was going to ask you to join us, but you put shit like school/degrees ahead of your boys.

:cool:

Wanna do it again? C'MMOOOOOONNNNNNNN MANG

BTW: Some commenter on Joystiq made a pretty good guess. He thinks it takes place right after Truth leaves New Mombasa in Halo 2 and that the expansion will take you and your squad of ODST troopers from that point to the end of Halo 3.

Actually, aside from having Music on our team, it wasn't really all that bad.

Also, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this new campaign experience won't be through the eyes of master chief. I don't think they're going to abandon the ending of H3 and do that. I think we'll be playing as someone else.

Actually, aside from having Music on our team, it wasn't really all that bad.

Also, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this new campaign experience won't be through the eyes of master chief. I don't think they're going to abandon the ending of H3 and do that. I think we'll be playing as someone else.

Ohhh, I get it. "Drop" in. Those are ODST drop pods. You get to play as an ODST.

anyone who got the annual acheivement?
what do you have to do? I'm in co-op with 4 players right now
What does it mean by in ghosts?
where are the ghosts?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='greyzieoriental']anyone who got the annual acheivement?
what do you have to do? I'm in co-op with 4 players right now
What does it mean by in ghosts?
where are the ghosts?[/quote]Requirements: Iron Skull turned on, Legendary difficulty, 4 co-op players over Xbox Live, everyone in a ghost as you hit the last jump. The ghosts are right outside the door you exit after
killing Guilty Spark and the wave of Flood that attack you afterwards - the same door that has two sentinels waiting for you outside.

Also, for anyone wondering, to reach Lieutenant rank with the new EXP system you only need 50XP in a playlist.

I hope the whole superintendent thing is a campaign/single player. That's my favorite part of Halo and we never get any new content. It's ALWAYS multiplayer stuff coming out.

[quote name='life.exe']A guy on my friends list did, he was only achievement boosting.[/quote]
Was he doing the standard lets finish the achievement match in tie?

[quote name='DomLando']Anyone get the oddball achievement? I was playing DLC FFA for a hour or so and no oddball matches came up.[/quote]

I got it on ghost town. It was one of the very first DLC maps to pop up. Havent seen it since though. I heard it comes up quite more in SWAT.

OK, my unhealthy obsession with the console-exclusive Halo 3 Dashboard theme I accidentally deleted has reached a new level. The XBox 360 at my work has the Halo theme on it, but I can't copy it off the hard drive with a memory card. The people at my work could give a crap less whether or not that theme's on their XBox's hard drive. So here's my new idea:
1) Buy a used 512mb memory card at Gamestop
2) Use said memory card to switch my profile and game saves from my hard drive to the one at work, and vice versa.
3) My new hard drive will be the one with the Halo 3 desktop theme
4) Return used memory card to Gamestop.

Does this sound like a feasible plan??

[quote name='drtony828']OK, my unhealthy obsession with the console-exclusive Halo 3 Dashboard theme I accidentally deleted has reached a new level. The XBox 360 at my work has the Halo theme on it, but I can't copy it off the hard drive with a memory card. The people at my work could give a crap less whether or not that theme's on their XBox's hard drive. So here's my new idea:
1) Buy a used 512mb memory card at Gamestop
2) Use said memory card to switch my profile and game saves from my hard drive to the one at work, and vice versa.
3) My new hard drive will be the one with the Halo 3 desktop theme
4) Return used memory card to Gamestop.

Does this sound like a feasible plan??[/quote]

Yup. It will work, assuming the theme is transferable.

The theme isn't transferable; that's why I'm transferring everything else from my hard drive to the one at work. There pretty much isn't anything on the one at work, but I'll transfer what's there to my hard drive and basically swap 'em.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So anyone doing the Legendary Vidmaster challenge sometime soon?...it has to be on Live right...can't be split-screen?[/quote]
Is that the 4 ghosts achievement? Because if so, i haven't gotten that one yet.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So anyone doing the Legendary Vidmaster challenge sometime soon?...it has to be on Live right...can't be split-screen?[/quote]

Live only.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So anyone doing the Legendary Vidmaster challenge sometime soon?...it has to be on Live right...can't be split-screen?[/QUOTE]

I'll be trying for it whenever I can find people to play, but I'm a night owl. If you're sleepless like me, send me a friend request. I'm not on much during daylight hours.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn.[/quote]

Shoot me, SynGamer, and Draekon an invite on Live sometime after the debates tonight, I'll be happy to curse at you guys for 2 hours and help you all the achievement.

~HotShotX

I won't have time tonight unfortunately...and you are on the east coast which makes it hard to schedule a time since I tend to play late at night....I'll see if I can tomorrow or some other time...thanks for the offer.

From the live feed:
New game titled: Halo 3: Recon
with a new hero and a new campaign!
It's a prologue apparently, seen from the eyes of a UNSC marine who has crashlanded behind enemy lines.
From the trailer, the soldier carefully lifts himself from the capsule, and has to hide to avoid a company of brutes patrolling the area.
The last shot is the lone ODST--sporting armor very similar to the Chief's--alone in a ruined city.
Halo 3: Recon is set to hit Fall 2009--that's a bit later than expected.

So big AAA every fall? Gears in 06, Halo 07, Gears 2 08, Halo 3: Recon 09

bread's done
Back