Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

This thread was buried. Has anybody else tried to play the campaign lately and it was in spanish? I assume there is a setting I can change in the game to fix it, but I can't find it. I double checked, and my 360's language is set to English.

[quote name='sj41']This thread was buried. Has anybody else tried to play the campaign lately and it was in spanish? I assume there is a setting I can change in the game to fix it, but I can't find it. I double checked, and my 360's language is set to English.[/quote]
Yeah, I've never seen a language option in the game. Did you just recently buy this copy?

It's a legit USA copy that I bought when Halo 3 was released. I've beaten the game a few times, and I know this started a few months ago and I don't think I ever fixed it, so I haven't played Halo 3 campaign for awhile.

[quote name='popular penguin']i still need to get the Vidmaster Challenge: Annual achievement. anyone else need it or want to help me, that would be cool.[/quote]
Which one is that one?

[quote name='popular penguin']i still need to get the Vidmaster Challenge: Annual achievement. anyone else need it or want to help me, that would be cool.[/quote]
I need to get it as well.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Which one is that one?[/quote]

Vidmaster Challenge: Annual
After 9/25/08, complete Halo on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and everyone in Ghosts.

sign me up for this as well.

You can find them somehow I'm sure, but in general most people play them when the DoubleXP weekend playlist shows up. 50,000 people play grifball on those nights.

I really like H3's multiplayer, and I believe it's the finest of any console game I've ever played. If any CAGS play a lot of H3 and would like to play with me just send a FR as I still play fairly often.

[quote name='popular penguin']send me a friend request and let me know you are going for the Vidmaster Challenge: Annual achievement. i could do this today or sunday.[/quote]

Do you need a 4th for this? If so I'm in, I'll send you a FR.

All they need to do is make the Halo 2 maps on Halo 3.

I agree with the people that say Halo 3 is good. I thoroughly enjoy it. The SMG starter weapon in Halo 2, quick sniping was all garbage. never balanced.

Halo 3 is a way more balanced game. Even when you have the sword you can still get beat by someone who's quicker.

[quote name='BackInBlack']anyone else interested? we are gona try to start soon.[/quote]

We were able to get the achievement last night. Only took an hour or so. I'm just glad someone didn't get dropped from the game when we kept dying in the ghosts. Everytime it re-loaded it took just long enough of a pause that I thought we might have lost someone. It was eerily like the last time I tried this where we lost connection at the last stretch after 2+ hours.

Thanks for the help BackInBlack!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MLG PrO']Dude When Does the NEW HALO 3 MAP PACK COME[/QUOTE]

i like this post. it made me laugh. sorry i cant answer your question.

[quote name='MLG PrO']Dude When Does the NEW HALO 3 MAP PACK COME[/quote]

Comes out the same time as Halo Wars. $10 for the maps, or you can buy the CE of Halo Wars and get it for free, or you can wait until ODST and the maps will be on the disk for it.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?cid=17195

If you were REALLY an MLG Pro I would think you would look at Bungie's site before posting here.

[quote name='BackInBlack']So interest from this page for the vidmaster annual achievement.

TooLate
Drunkz
Popularpenguin
syngamer

when's good?[/quote]

did u guy do this without me b/c i was out of town. if not, let me know. i'd be happy to help anyone else if u guys want. i got some free time all day Wednesday (11 am would be best). just send a freind request my way.

What does the vidmaster achievement entail? I wouldn't mind trying since I enjoy achievement hunting and those sit unclaimed in my Halo 3 profile.

[quote name='Corvin']What does the vidmaster achievement entail? I wouldn't mind trying since I enjoy achievement hunting and those sit unclaimed in my Halo 3 profile.[/quote]

Reach lieutenant in a playlist after the update and rank reset, go into a playlist with 7 experience on the 7th day of the month, and beat the last level of the game on Legendary with 4 people finishing it in ghosts.

Those are the 3 vidmaster achievements available now.

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']Anyone want to do the Legendary Campaign mode with me? i need the achievements =([/quote]

send me a friend reqest dude. i dont have anyone to do this with yet.

I'll join you two as well. I have done it probably 10 times, but not on this account and I have been kind of craving a Halo 3 playthrough. Add me, but let me know who you are in a message because I don't accept blind invites.

Are you sure he hasn't started yet? It's already been about 5 days since he posted. :p We should set something up for tonight/tomorrow. I'm sure we can find a 4th.

I'll probably start it tomorrow night. At 7:30pm - whenever. I think I'm going to finish the last few minutes of Bioshock and Beat FEAR 2 before I jump into Halo. Feel free to add me (Lacuna Requiem), but please, message me first and let me know you're from CAG or something, as I don't accept blind invites and probably won't know who you are if you don't tell me. :p

Team Flag Double EXP Weekend is live!

Team Flag is a 5v5 playlist with only Capture the Flag gametypes. Heroic and Legendary are required. Team Flag will be available from Thursday the 26th, 11am PDT until Monday, March 2nd, at 2am.

An objective playlist, nice, I might actually play Halo 3 this weekend.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Comes out the same time as Halo Wars. $10 for the maps, or you can buy the CE of Halo Wars and get it for free, or you can wait until ODST and the maps will be on the disk for it.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?cid=17195

If you were REALLY an MLG Pro I would think you would look at Bungie's site before posting here.[/QUOTE]
Just checked online for an exact date for the stand alone since a lot of the videos I have watched have said "soon after" and I found on this on Halopedia "The Mythic Map Pack will be released as a standalone download on March 31,2009" I really hope that isn't true Halo wars just isn't my bag, but I want to play the new maps and finish out my achievements.

Some people have already gotten the map pack. Bungie already exhausted their supply of free codes.

It is only a matter of time till they are finally released to the public.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sorry, that's my bad M1C13 quoted Halopedia...it's not confirmed yet.[/QUOTE]
my bad, just saying what I read I was looking to see if that was confirmed from anywhere. I really don't want to pay $80 for a game I am lukewarm about to play the maps 28 days early

[quote name='KingBroly']I think people should be looking for the Mythic Map Pack website link right now.[/quote]
There's no point. It's not going to be listed as free because MS fixed that exploit looooooooooooooooong ago.

[quote name='Danil ACE']There's no point. It's not going to be listed as free because MS fixed that exploit looooooooooooooooong ago.[/quote]

But the bigger question is if it'll be priced at 99999 points or 800 points.

It's been 999999 for awhile now. They learned their lesson, I'm sure.
I hope it comes to the marketplace soon, I have 1600 points saved up for the Halo 3 maps and WaW maps this month...

I sold my Halo Wars CE Mythic Map pack code for $50...I really wanted to play the new maps but I guess I'll have to wait now.

Any rumors besides March 31st?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I sold my Halo Wars CE Mythic Map pack code for $50...I really wanted to play the new maps but I guess I'll have to wait now.

Any rumors besides March 31st?[/quote]

How'd you get one?

[quote name='help1']How'd you get one?[/quote]

They're included in the Halo Wars Collectors Edition.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']I heard a Rumor of April 7th, at least we'll have RE5 to tide us over til then.
Those damn maps can't come soon enough.[/quote]

April 7th sounds good...RE5 is part of the reason why I didn't mind parting with them, the $50 on the other hand are the major part :D

I'd honestly like to know what Linkin thinks of RE5 myself. Seems like he has it.

I've heard April 7th/14th being floated around a lot.

bread's done
Back