Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='help1']Well, IGN added around 150 pics yesterday:

http://au.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/imgs_1.html

Lots of pics, some old, a lot new, all looking good.

I found this to be intresting though, A blatant comparison of HALO 2 to HALO 3:

http://au.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/img_4670122.html
http://au.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/img_4670053.html

Pretty good, eh?

My favorite pic of course:

http://au.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/img_4670110.html

Amazing, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

That Zanzi Comparisions is fucking awesome!

"Zanzibar on Crack"...can't fucking wait for that one, one of my all time favorite maps. Anyone know if "Coagulation" will make a comback?

[quote name='dastly75']^ I believe Valhalla is the next evolution of Coagulation as Coagulation was the evolution of Blood Gulch[/quote]

I guess I can see that, never actually thought about comparing the two. I just checked the renders, whoa I'm going to have fun making a few gamercards for this game :D

[quote name='dastly75']^ I believe Valhalla is the next evolution of Coagulation as Coagulation was the evolution of Blood Gulch[/quote]

Ding ding ding! I heard that RedvsBlue stopped doing their show because the new 'blood gulch' this time around wasn't that good. IMO Valhalla was the least best of the three beta maps. I dont know, though, I dont watch any RvBs anymore, are they really done?

[quote name='slickkill77']...least best? Sorry that just sounds really funny. I never found red vs blue funny[/quote]Well, if I said it was the worst of the three, that implies that it was a bad map, and that the other maps could have been less crappy then Valhalla. That just wasn't the case in that the three maps were all great, just Valhalla wasnt as good.

[quote name='dastly75']I want to see a new Lockout -ish map.[/quote]

Yea, with the mist and stuff? I saw the crappy scan of it back in that one magazine, looks interesting.

[quote name='help1']Yea, with the mist and stuff? I saw the crappy scan of it back in that one magazine, looks interesting.[/QUOTE]
I haven't heard of them announcing a remake of Lockout.

Anyone seen the renders without the IGN watermarks? I can go around it but I figured it would be easier. Checked Bungie.net and no dice.

[quote name='zewone']I haven't heard of them announcing a remake of Lockout.[/quote]

They never did, but they released pics of a map that was lockout-esque in that it was bluish.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Here's the first image release of the campaign mode:

Graphics look :hot:[/quote]

Too bad the final product won't look that nice

[quote name='Scorch']Too bad the final product won't look that nice[/quote]

Bungie says its an ingame shot. We all know that the graphics on the campaign mode are always better than on MP.

[quote name='Bungie.net']Well, well well, what's going on here? We're saying nothing about what's going on in the above image other than it is a screenshot taken in-game from Halo 3. You may now commence rabid speculation, inevitably followed by wishing that you were friends with a super genius doctor who was willing to drive you to Sept. 25 in his '80s sports car. Want a meatier version? Peep the screenshots gallery. [/QUOTE]

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12621

[quote name='help1']They never did, but they released pics of a map that was lockout-esque in that it was bluish.[/quote]

Do you have a link to that picture? I don't remember seeing it.

Lol at the internet. When the beta was released everybody was flipping out on the so called "crappy" graphics (I thought they were wonderful) and then when a screenshot is released that more accurately depicts what the SP game looks like, you get comments like "too bad it won't look that good."

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Here's the first image release of the campaign mode:

Graphics look :hot:[/QUOTE]

Hooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiit

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=12623

Lukems and the Bungie.net team have some cool things lined up for the site tomorrow but we also managed to pull a few strings to make some extra special content available on Xbox 360 Marketplace. I won't spoil the fun and tell you exactly what it is (don't get too excited, it's not Halo 3 - think something of a more decorative nature) but I did want to give you a heads-up that these commemorative goodies are ONLY available on 7/7/07 and then they are gone forever.

Log on to Marketplace any time starting at 12:01 AM PDT on July 7th and get it while you can. Once the clock strikes midnight on Saturday, this content is gone forever. Don't say we didn't warn you.
A short notice on anything free with a time limit, but here it is anyway as a reminder.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Halo related themes/pics. This quote says it right there:[/QUOTE]
It's not Halo related.

[quote name='life.exe']Will they be free?[/quote]

Damn illiteracy- I could have sworn I've read free in that post. Oh well, it's only customary if the downloads are free. Keep your fingers crossed.

[quote name='Plac1d']Damn illiteracy- I could have sworn I've read free in that post. Oh well, it's only customary if the downloads are free. Keep your fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

There not free. They cost 400 Nintendo Points.

July 7th has come to be known as "Bungie Day" amongst our fan community and this year is extra special on account of it actually falling in a year ending with 7. If you're new to our fan community, do some digging to find out the rich history of Bungie and the number 7 and you'll see why 7/7/07 has special meaning within our family.

What's so special about "7"?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What's so special about "7"?[/quote]

from wiki...

Another interesting fact about Bungie is their use of the number seven. Many of these are more obvious than others, including 343 Guilty Spark (73 = 343), 2401 Penitent Tangent (2+4+0+1=7 or 74 = 2401), Power of Seven (credited for the Marathon 2: Durandal and Marathon Infinity opening songs, and most of Oni's soundtrack), Pfhor Battle Group 7, and their official fan club, the 7th Column, but some of these are amusingly subtle: the Marathon colony ship was the hollowed out Deimos - first discovered in 1877 and first photographed in 1977. Also, in the Halo universe, there were originally seven Halos scattered throughout the Milky Way galaxy until the main protagonist destroyed one of them

[quote name='zewone']The gamerpics/theme are terrible.

I'm deleting them off my HDD now.[/QUOTE]

The theme isn't too great, but I enjoyed the gamerpics. I like Misterchief =D

Also, is that all that is confirmed for free stuff?

You guys know that the latest batch of Halo 3 screenshots show new spartan types, right?

There are two distinctively new types of helmets in the MP screens, along with a new body armor. One helmet is a kind of bulbous helmet where the visor takes up over half the face. The other is kind of like the Boba Fett helmet, and the Bobafett style helmet guys seem to have extra attachments on their body armor.

I know the Spartan 3's were supposed to look like the bulbous head guys, so they could be making an appearance in Halo 3, but there's been no mention of the bobafett style guys.

Yes, I know those shots are part of the MP game, but since the models are there and are complete, it's not too far fetched to guess they'll be in the single-player game somehow.

Hm... I wonder if Helljumper armor will be an option.

[quote name='zewone']The gamerpics/theme are terrible.

I'm deleting them off my HDD now.[/QUOTE]

Theme is whack. I like the gamerpics. Glad to see they used the symbol I have always used for my multiplayer logo.

[quote name='Vanigan']You guys know that the latest batch of Halo 3 screenshots show new spartan types, right?

There are two distinctively new types of helmets in the MP screens, along with a new body armor. One helmet is a kind of bulbous helmet where the visor takes up over half the face. The other is kind of like the Boba Fett helmet, and the Bobafett style helmet guys seem to have extra attachments on their body armor.

I know the Spartan 3's were supposed to look like the bulbous head guys, so they could be making an appearance in Halo 3, but there's been no mention of the bobafett style guys.

Yes, I know those shots are part of the MP game, but since the models are there and are complete, it's not too far fetched to guess they'll be in the single-player game somehow.

Hm... I wonder if Helljumper armor will be an option.[/QUOTE]

single player is master chief only, that nigger don't change up his outfit.

I guess I'll pick up the theme and gamerpics tonight when I get back. Is it a one-day only thing?

EDIT: I Should probably read the title before I post eh?

[quote name='mr ryles']single player is master chief only, that nigger don't change up his outfit.[/QUOTE]

Maybe we wont be only playing as one nigger in single player ;)

I suspect we won't be playing anything other than Master Chief and Arbiter. They're both paragon warriors of their races.

However, it's still likely we'll see some other advanced human infantry, if not spartans, than some upgraded troops, likely with technology given by some sort of human/elite alliance. The elites left the covenant, not sure how many supporters they took, but there was a tidbit about how some grunts left with them, and other grunts are still working in the covenant.

Gah. After reading the Weekly Update and their descriptions of the Extra vehicular and close quarters armor, I REALLY REALLY HOPE that the armor is nothing more than cosmetic. If they have a bunch of different armors that do a bunch of different shit, they're fucking with Halo. They're fucking with it more than they fucked with it in Halo 2 and shit-ass dual-wield + weak-ass pre-update grenades.

Or at the very least, if they do have armor attributes, I hope there's a way to turn that setting on or off...

Of course this is all speculation and I'm getting upset over nothing, I'm just sayin.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Gah. After reading the Weekly Update and their descriptions of the Extra vehicular and close quarters armor, I REALLY REALLY HOPE that the armor is nothing more than cosmetic. If they have a bunch of different armors that do a bunch of different shit, they're fucking with Halo. They're fucking with it more than they fucked with it in Halo 2 and shit-ass dual-wield + weak-ass pre-update grenades.

Or at the very least, if they do have armor attributes, I hope there's a way to turn that setting on or off...

Of course this is all speculation and I'm getting upset over nothing, I'm just sayin.[/quote]

Even if they did have different characteristics, I would like them to be very subtle.

Also, 3d pics are sorta cool:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/9/4/0945a721-ff3c-4b5f-ac15-ec7065e3e090/chopper1.mov
http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/9/4/0945a721-ff3c-4b5f-ac15-ec7065e3e090/chopper2.mov
http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/9/4/0945a721-ff3c-4b5f-ac15-ec7065e3e090/cqb.mov
http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/9/4/0945a721-ff3c-4b5f-ac15-ec7065e3e090/eva5.mov

bread's done
Back