Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

Dammit, I played TWO freaking days before the beta ended :mad: Those three weeks just flew by. Well, at least those two days cemented the fact that 09/25 is going to be an awesome day.

Alright, i have Crackdown and supposedly the only way to delete the beta is to delete your Crackdown gamesave...anyone know an alternative? I have some DLC for Crackdown, not to mention my freaking gamesave that i want to keep, but its all one file (Halo 3 beta, gamesave, DLC)...

[quote name='SynGamer']Alright, i have Crackdown and supposedly the only way to delete the beta is to delete your Crackdown gamesave...anyone know an alternative? I have some DLC for Crackdown, not to mention my freaking gamesave that i want to keep, but its all one file (Halo 3 beta, gamesave, DLC)...[/QUOTE]
You don't have to delete the whole save. Just go into Games and under Crackdown it list halo 3 beta. Just delete that file.

[quote name='DomLando']You don't have to delete the whole save. Just go into Games and under Crackdown it list halo 3 beta. Just delete that file.[/quote]

Yeah, i hit Y for options instead of A to see the individual files.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']odd to see he has a scar on his eye.[/QUOTE]
Why is that odd? He's been in hella battles. I'd expect him to have some scars.

[quote name='help1']OR try this video:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/12217

ITs a brighter/better version of the other one, a lot easier to see.[/quote]
oh thanks lol...my comp didnt go any brighter. Still hard to see some parts but at least I can tell its a face now. But...ya I wasn't expecting such an UGLY face :lol:

Why would they have a face in there anyways? Thats what I'm wondering...maybe he'll take it off in Halo 3? XD

Doubt that it was meant to be Master Chief. You gotta remember, when you play online you're just one of thousands of Spartans ;).

I really do hope that they don't show his face ever.

BTW: When I first saw the eyes, I thought it was Spawn...

Check out the official MS First Party Accessories coming...

1181672139.jpg
1181672138.jpg
1181672140.jpg

True Halo fanatics will be able to extend their gaming experience with the Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 3 Wireless Controller. The Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 3 Wireless Controllers are only available for a limited time and bring a completely unique and new look to the award winning performance of the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.
Both controllers will be available for $59.99 on September 4, 2007.

And lastly, but not less important is the Halo 3 Xbox 360 wireless headset limited edition, also available for $59.99 on September 4, 2007. Below is the description and picture of the headset.

For those who plan to enjoy the thrill of the Halo 3 experience over Xbox Live, The Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 3 Wireless Headset offers un-tethered, high quality voice chat with a uniquely “Halo” look. The Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 3 Wireless Headset is only available for a limited time and can be paired up with the Xbox 360 Limited Edition Wireless Controller for the ultimate Halo 3 gaming experience.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13678/First-Party-Halo-3-Accesories-Revealed/

[quote name='mr ryles']they're really milking this thing now.

Honestly I think those controllers are but ugly.[/quote]

I agree, the airbrushed look makes it look like a cheap knock off you purchase at a swap meet. The headset on the other hand, looks great. I wonder if this means an H3 X360 bundle will make an appearence like the LE clear green XBOX from a couple years ago.

Honestly I think those controllers are but ugly.[/quote]

i think their pretty hawt, along with the headset
too bad its not coming in like a skin that can attatch to ur controller, thad be awesome. im not buying a whole new controller

I wonder if the H3 headset has any improvements over the regular headset, being at the same price. The H3 controllers are $10 more for a lame-ass paint job? Uh, no thanks.

[quote name='Kendal']I am going to try to get the headset. I am sick of wires and it looks cool.[/quote]Yeah, I might get it too. I think it looks great compared to the other one. Hopefully they improved the hardware a little bit too.

And on the Chiefs face, Is it me or does he have a huge hole in the left side of his nose?

Ok here's a little more info on the controllers and why they cost so much:

Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 3 Wireless Controllers: Two new Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 3 Wireless Controllers will be available starting September 18, or you can preorder today at select retailers. Designed with original artwork by legendary Spawn artist Todd McFarlane, choose from the Covenant Brute or Master Chief themes. Each controller is packaged with a limited edition Halo 3 collectible figurine created by McFarlane Toys, and you can get yours for an estimated retail price $59.99.

and more details on the H3 Wireless Headset:

Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 3 Wireless Headset: For the ultimate in battlefield communications, don't miss the wireless mobility of the Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 3 Wireless Headset, which sports the Spartan green and gold and provides high-quality voice connections over Xbox LIVE. Available in early September for an estimated retail price of $59.99, this accessory can be preordered today at select retailers.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2007/0613-halo3accessories.htm

Honestly I think those controllers are but ugly.[/QUOTE]

oh, it's gonna get much worse than this. right down to Halo breakfast cereal and Halo dish detergent.

those controllers are tacky as hell.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Here's an image of the Master Chief figurine included with the wireless controller:

[/QUOTE]
OMFG ive gotta get them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

junk

Wow. Microsoft sure knows how to rape those willing to be raped. The controllers are ugly and overpriced.

I just hope Halo 3 has a good single player and wraps up the story.

[quote name='jer7583']Wow. Microsoft sure knows how to rape those willing to be raped. The controllers are ugly and overpriced.

I just hope Halo 3 has a good single player and wraps up the story.[/quote] broadband internet..ftw?
the live is where its at

[quote name='road3283']...because my mini Master Chief needs a Bubble shield too.[/QUOTE]

Bubble shields are for pussies. I just turn around and shoot a rocket in their face.

[quote name='mr ryles']Bubble shields are for pussies. I just turn around and shoot a rocket in their face.[/QUOTE]

*applause*

BTW those controllers are fucking ugly, but I still need to buy them..... I'm that big of a fanboy.

the controllers may look nice in person, probably not as glossy as shown in the pictures. And that may not even be the final design for all we know.

I don't like the idea of painted controllers at all. If anything, why not have a 'skin' you can put over your current one. Oh, because then MS can't rape your wallet, almost forgot ;)

Halo for the DS!?

Matt from IGN posted a while back that he played a game called Halo on the Nintendo DS. Mostly everyone brushed it off as a rumor/silly comment. It was all but forgotten until today. During the IGN Wii-k in review podcast, Matt had this to say about Halo DS:

“It’s a real game… we’re going to lay down some ownage next week or soon afterward by showing you guys that it is a real game.“

I guess that means next week we will get the scoop on how an MS game ended up on a Nintendo system. Could this be the beginning of a beautiful friendship? Wii60 anyone?

http://gamersreports.com/news/5874/ign-confirms-halo-ds-is-a-real-game/

[quote name='help1']IF its true, i might pick up a DS... unless it totally not like halo (i.e. 2d platformer)[/QUOTE]

well, you'd be missing out if it were like metal slug.

I was at BB today and saw an entire stand dedicated to pre selling halo 3... boy alot of places are starting to push hard to sell this.

[quote name='help1']IF its true, i might pick up a DS... unless it totally not like halo (i.e. 2d platformer)[/quote]
I think you'd buy a DS either way in the end lol

[quote name='Spades22']I think you'd buy a DS either way in the end lol[/quote]

Heh, ill let my brother buy one or something.

Action Figure News:

MCFARLANE TO PRODUCE 'HALO 3' ACTION FIGURES
Five Action Figures and Three Vehicles Arrive in Stores Spring 2008
June 18, 2007
Copyright 2007 TMP International, Inc. Two powerhouses of pop culture are collaborating, as McFarlane Toys announces a licensing agreement with Microsoft to produce action figures based on the hit video game series Halo®. Halo 3 is scheduled to arrive in stores later this year.

Halo follows the events of an inter-galactic war between the last surviving members of the human race and an advanced collection of alien races known as The Covenant. The first title in the series, Halo: Combat Evolved, was the flagship title for Microsoft's Xbox video game console when it was released in 2001. The game achieved both critical acclaim and financial success, selling more than 6 million copies worldwide.

"Halo is one of the top video game franchises of all time," says McFarlane Toys CEO, Todd McFarlane. "We get to put our company's touch on a sci-fi epic that is visually and thematically stunning. Through its game-play, Halo has been able to attract a very large and loyal audience, most of whom happen to be our customers as well, which makes this an excellent partnership."

The proposed action figure lineup is as follows:
  • MASTER CHIEF -- The protagonist of the Halo series stands at 5 inches tall, and has more than 18 points of articulation. Equipped with his trademark assault rifle, Master Chief's mission is to protect Earth against the Covenant, an alien empire threatening the world in the 26th century. Biological and cybernetic enhancements and rigorous military training have resulted in Master Chief's unquestioned status as the finest soldier mankind has ever produced.
  • BRUTE CHIEFTAIN -- The highest rank in the Brute hierarchy is the Chieftain, whose articulated figure is the tallest of the series at 6 inches. Belonging to the Covenant, the Brute Chieftain carries the gravity hammer, a close-range weapon with the ability to alter gravity at a local level and crush his enemies and surroundings.
  • CORTANA -- Developed by the United Nations Space Command (UNSC), Cortana is a smart A.I. with the ability to project herself as a holographic image and be transferred between computer systems, including the cybernetic armor of Master Chief. This figure's base features an LED light that illuminates her 4.5 inch-tall figure.
  • JACKAL SNIPER -- To the benefit of the Covenant, Jackal Snipers have incredibly sharp reflexes and deadly aim. Standing at 5 inches, the Jackal Sniper is equipped with its signature beam rifle, which has the ability for long range shooting and a high degree of damage.
  • GRUNT 2-Pack -- At 3.5 inches tall, the Grunt is a menace to the human race, and represents the vast majority of the Covenant infantry. The Grunts are the lowest tier of the Covenant hierarchy, and move in packs. They are expected to unquestioningly obey the commands of their Brute commanders. Outfitted with weapons including the Plasma Pistol and Needler, the Grunts may not seem much more than cannon fodder, but in groups, they can be deadly.
There will also be a three-vehicle line-up that includes:
  • WARTHOG -- As the most widely recognized vehicle of the UNSC, the Warthog is a ground vehicle capable of carrying up to three soldiers. Known as the best all-around vehicle for its power, adaptability and toughness, the Warthog measures 3 inches in length and is built of die-cast metal and plastic.
  • GHOST -- The Ghost is a single-seat, anti-gravity vehicle used by the Covenant. Mounted with twin plasma cannons, the Ghost is a rapid-attack vehicle designed for speed and maneuverability. The Ghost is 3 inches long and made with die-cast metal and plastic.
  • BRUTE CHOPPER -- The Brute Chopper makes its debut in Halo 3. A single-wheeled vehicle, the Brute Chopper will prove invaluable to the Covenant's campaign against humanity. With a length of 3 inches, the Brute Chopper will be made of die-cast metal and plastic.
The figures are expected to hit store shelves Spring 2008.

Halo 2 was released in 2004, breaking sales records (more than 7 million copies worldwide) and becoming the fastest-selling media product in US history.

Halo 3, in development for the Xbox 360, is scheduled for release on September 25, 2007.

http://spawn.com/news/news2.aspx?id=13143

I missed out on a lot of great figures on the previews sets made by whoever, but these I'll definately collect.

bread's done
Back