Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

Nice news about the figure, Linkin. I think you're right, these ones are worth getting, even if it's more money that goes to MS.

About the Halo DS game, maybe it'll be something like that Halo Zero game that floated around the 'Net last year, the platformer-like game. I think I have it on my home laptop somewhere. Not too bad.

Sweet. Thanks Linkin, I was waiting on news on the figures because the old company that used to make the Halo toys, Joyride Studios, went out of business and I was wondering who was going to pick up the license.

Achievements revealed:
[quote name='Maklershed']Link:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=274

Halo 3 - Achievement List

There are 49 achievements with a total of 1000 points.

Landfall (20 points)
Finish the first mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.
Holdout (20 points)
Finish the second mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.
The Road (20 points)
Finish the third mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.
Assault (30 points)
Finish the fourth mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.
Cleansing (30 points)
Finish the fifth mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.
Refuge (30 points)
Finish the sixth mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.
Last Stand (40 points)
Finish the seventh mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.
The Key (40 points)
Finish the eighth mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.
Return (50 points)
Finish the final mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.
Campaign Complete: Normal (125 points)
Finish the Campaign on Normal.
Campaign Complete: Heroic (125 points)
Finish the Campaign on Heroic (unlocks achievement for Normal, if not earned).
Campaign Complete: Legendary (125 points)
Finish the Campaign on Legendary (unlocks achievements for Normal and Heroic, if not earned).
Iron (10 points)
Finish the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary, then find and claim this skull.
Black Eye (10 points)
Finish the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary, then find and claim this skull.
Tough Luck (10 points)
Catch (10 points)
Fog (10 points)
Famine (10 points)
Thunderstorm (10 points)
Tilt (10 points)
Mythic (10 points)
Spartan Program Recruit (10 points)
Win your first game in matchmaking to sign up for the Spartan Program (Online).
UNSC Spartan (15 points)
Earn your Sergeant rating to be recognized as a true Spartan (Online).
Spartan Officer (25 points)
Advance to the Spartan Officer ranks (Online).
Two for One (5 points)
Score a Double Kill with a single spartan laser shot in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).
Too Close to the Sun (5 points)
Destroy an enemy banshee with the spartan laser or missile pod in a ranked playlist or in campaign.
Triple Kill (5 points)
Kill 3 enemies within 4 seconds of one another in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).
Overkill (5 points)
Kill 4 enemies within 4 seconds of one another in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).
Lee R Wilson Memorial (5 points)
Score 5 grenade sticks in any ranked free for all playlist (Online).
We’re in for some Chop (5 points)
Destroy an enemy vehicle with equipment in a ranked playlist or in campaign.
Killing Frenzy (5 points)
Kill 10 enemies without dying in any ranked free for all playlist (Online).
Steppin' Razor (5 points)
Score a Triple Kill with the sword in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).
Mongoose Mowdown (5 points)
Splatter an enemy with the mongoose in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).
Up Close and Personal (5 points)
Kill 5 enemies by melee or assassination in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).
Fear the Pink Mist (5 points)
Kill 5 enemies with the needler in a ranked free for all playlist or in campaign.
Headshot Honcho (5 points)
Kill 10 enemies with headshots in a ranked free for all playlist or in campaign.
Used Car Salesman (5 points)
Destroy a vehicle that has three enemies in it in a ranked playlist or in campaign.
Marathon Man (40 points)
Locate and access all Terminals in the Campaign.
MVP (5 points)
Earn the MVP in any ranked playlist (Online).
Maybe Next Time Buddy (5 points)
Board the same vehicle within 10 seconds after being boarded in any free for all playlist (Online).
Demon (10 points)
Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the second mission.
Guerilla (10 points)
Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the first mission.
Cavalier (10 points)
Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the third mission.
Askar (10 points)
Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the fourth mission.
Exterminator (10 points)
Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the fifth mission.
Ranger (10 points)
Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the sixth mission.
Vanguard (10 points)
Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the seventh mission.
Orpheus (10 points)
Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on eighth mission.
Reclaimer (10 points)
Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the final mission.[/quote]

those achievements are way too easy. You could get 90% of those online ones in just one game if you are any good. Secondly, there are too many offline achievements for me

These achievements are well thought out with regards to the multi-player. They obviously learned from Gears achievements debacle (grenade tagging FTW). My only complaint is that beating the game rewards the same amount of points for each difficulty. I wish it was 100 for normal, 125 for heroic (same), and 150 for legendary.

I wonder if the "meta-game" is a form of survival that the kids on the bungie.net forums have been asking for for months on end? If you could do Xbox live 4 player survival through each level, it would be pretty sweet (especially with limited respawns).

How were the gears achievements a debacle? They required you to try out all the different maps and weapons and rewarded the ultra dedicated players . Then again I say that and I have most of the achievements (just lack some of the new ones) and really would have liked to have seen another seriously type achievement thrown into the 250 bonus points.

I was kind of hoping some of the halo achievements would have been similar since people are still playing the second one regularly three years later.

Easy, possible to get them all within a week. The way it SHOULD be, the fre for all ones are a favorite of mine: more noobs in rumble pit anyone?

[quote name='Trakan']Those achievements are fuckin' weak. I'm seriously disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Sooo disappointed you won't buy the game anymore? Probably not :D

[quote name='Trakan']Those achievements are fuckin' weak. I'm seriously disappointed.[/quote]

I think they are the way they should be. We don't need crap like GOW's seriously where the only people who can get that are those who play raven down a ton, play too much and steal kills.

Also, the multiplayer ones aren't that generic. I expected "Stick X number of players 500 times" etc.

[quote name='help1']I think they are the way they should be. We don't need crap like GOW's seriously where the only people who can get that are those who play raven down a ton, play too much and steal kills.

Also, the multiplayer ones aren't that generic. I expected "Stick X number of players 500 times" etc.[/QUOTE]

Trakan not only has seriously, but already has his 1250 so I know he wishes the achievements were more akin to Gears (plus all you have to do is check is halo 2 stats to know he would prefer it be like that). I don't even play Halo online and would probably never get the achievement if there was something akin to seriously, but something like seriously is an achievement that should be in any multiplayer focused game IMO. It gives people who already have all the other achievements incentive to continue playing the game even after they have most of the achievements because it is the most coveted in the game.

And almost everyone on my friends list that still plays gears is either close to getting seriously or already has it so I don't think that it is too hard of an achievement to get. Also you should have replaced Raven Down with hosting in your list of what it takes to get seriously because there are a lot of people who hosted like crazy to get that achievement.

[quote name='help1']I think they are the way they should be. We don't need crap like GOW's seriously where the only people who can get that are those who play raven down a ton, play too much and steal kills.

Also, the multiplayer ones aren't that generic. I expected "Stick X number of players 500 times" etc.[/quote]

I had 5000 kills by the time Raven Down came out. I was playing with friends 90% of the time, so I wasn't stealing kills. Just because you suck at the game doesn't mean I do.

Casey pretty much nailed it. I thought that even the Gears achievements were a bit easy (side from Seriously... and This! is! Annex!). There are really no achievements for the more skilled players and it seems like anyone can get these. I'd be fine with that for the most part, but at least throw in a few difficult achievements for the hardcore players. I hope they come through with the 250 DLC points.

Kinda lame that they top out at the Overkill (Killtac) and Kill Frenzy (10 in a row). I was expecting that there would be an achievement for at least each medal, or at least the harder ones.

They need to drop the the ones for completing each level and add 28 more worth 10 points (or throw in a few 20s)

[quote name='Mattte']
They need to drop the the ones for completing each level and add 28 more worth 10 points (or throw in a few 20s)[/QUOTE]

MS puts a limit on how many achievements can be right out of the box. The limit for retail games so far is 50, but people here really are forgetting that more and more achievements can be added through the life of the game ala GoW, so say fuck to your gripes.

[quote name='Trakan']I had 5000 kills by the time Raven Down came out. I was playing with friends 90% of the time, so I wasn't stealing kills. Just because you suck at the game doesn't mean I do.

Casey pretty much nailed it. I thought that even the Gears achievements were a bit easy (side from Seriously... and This! is! Annex!). There are really no achievements for the more skilled players and it seems like anyone can get these. I'd be fine with that for the most part, but at least throw in a few difficult achievements for the hardcore players. I hope they come through with the 250 DLC points.[/quote]
Woah, did I ever directly aim my words at you? No, but if you want me to, I can probably say you played a lot more GOW the average gow gamer. A TON more.

Also, have you ever played with me Trakan? No. I didn't call you sucky, no need to call me sucky. You probably could be me though, so whatever.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']MS puts a limit on how many achievements can be right out of the box. The limit for retail games so far is 50, but people here really are forgetting that more and more achievements can be added through the life of the game ala GoW, so say fuck to your gripes.[/quote]

I'm not complaining about the achievements but I could have sworn that the cap is 1250pts total after DLC.

There is a reason there are 49 achievements.

7 x 7 = 49.

If this means nothing to you, then you should probably just move along to another thread.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']He knows that. He is like 3000 in the game, so I am absolutely sure he knows that.[/quote]

Yeah. I put a lot of time into Halo 2 and Gears. Gears is way below Halo, but Gears never picked up with everyone like Halo did. I actually can't believe I'm still at 3000 after not playing for so long. I was at 400 at one point though, that was cool.

I'm glad there aren't any achievements for weapons like stick someone 100 times and so on. I get so annoyed by people on other teams or on my own team that will try to use one weapon against all odds most of the time just to get an achievement. I personally don't give a shit about achievements what so ever though.

[quote name='Trakan']Yeah. I put a lot of time into Halo 2 and Gears. Gears is way below Halo, but Gears never picked up with everyone like Halo did. I actually can't believe I'm still at 3000 after not playing for so long. I was at 400 at one point though, that was cool.[/QUOTE]

My one friend just cracked the top 400 and another is 11. I still got a ways to go before I even get close to that high, but I hope to eventually.

Gears of War will be forgotten once Halo 3 comes out. Sure, there will continue to be those that say Gears>Halo, and that is perfectly fine, but the majority will flock to Halo 3. In fact, for me, the tiny 3 level beta provided more fun for me than the entire Gears of War.

I know of quite a few of my friends that plan to buy a 360 solely for Halo 3 when it comes out.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Gears of War will be forgotten once Halo 3 comes out. Sure, there will continue to be those that say Gears>Halo, and that is perfectly fine, but the majority will flock to Halo 3. In fact, for me, the tiny 3 level beta provided more fun for me than the entire Gears of War.

I know of quite a few of my friends that plan to buy a 360 solely for Halo 3 when it comes out.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it will be like that. There is going to be a split in the community, but a hell of a lot of the people on my friends list that were in the beta plan on sticking with Gears even after Halo comes out. Hell most of the people on my friends list played the halo 3 beta for about three days and put it down. The only people I ever saw continually play it on my list were ryles, zewone, and trakan.

And I second what zewone said, then again anyone who has me on their friends list knows that all I play is Gears (aside from an XBLA game from time to time).

Master Replicas and Gamestop/EB Games seem to be teaming up to bring the fans some more Halo merchandise this Fall. It appears that the company responsible for the (quite amazing) Star Wars and Lord of the Rings prop replicas are going to be producing some scaled replicas, which usually range between 2-5 inches, of weapons in the Halo universe. Previously announced as a ‘coming soon’ project, the props are now on the way.First up, an (almost) exact replica of the BR55 Battle Rifle from Halo 3, which sports the newly re-designed details of the reworked rifle. Second, a scaled version of the Covenant Carbine from Halo 3. Both come with a black display base with a giant ‘3″ in the center. No word yet on if there is an Assault Rifle planned, or any other weapons, but I wouldn’t discount it just yet. Both replicas will retail for $19.99 USD and ship in September. Man, way to milk this franchise ’till the end.
haloreplicaweaponshx9.jpg

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/337/haloreplicaweaponshx9.jpg

Anyone picking these up at $20 a pop? I'm tempted, will have to see them first.

BR55 Battlerifle: http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=322285

Covenant Carbine: http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=322284

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't think it will be like that. There is going to be a split in the community, but a hell of a lot of the people on my friends list that were in the beta plan on sticking with Gears even after Halo comes out. Hell most of the people on my friends list played the halo 3 beta for about three days and put it down. The only people I ever saw continually play it on my list were ryles, zewone, and trakan.

And I second what zewone said, then again anyone who has me on their friends list knows that all I play is Gears (aside from an XBLA game from time to time).[/quote]

If only Gears had Halo-esque matchmaking...or even if you could just search for 4v4 matches only.

Personally I’m glad there isn’t any “seriously” type of achievement. I actually feared Halo 3 trying to top Gears of War with some inane X number of kills achievement that would force Gears of War 2 creators to up the ante with an even harder X number of kills achievement.

/sidenote: I would have liked to have seen an achievement for every Halo medal as well..

[quote name='Kevlar281']Personally I’m glad there isn’t any “seriously” type of achievement. I actually feared Halo 3 trying to top Gears of War with some inane X number of kills achievement that would force Gears of War 2 creators to up the ante with an even harder X number of kills achievement.

/sidenote: I would have liked to have seen an achievement for every Halo medal as well.. [/quote]

It would have been harder to get every Halo medal; hell, even one Halo medal, Killionaire, than it would be to get 10,000 kills.

[quote name='Trakan']It would have been harder to get every Halo medal; hell, even one Halo medal, Killionaire, than it would be to get 10,000 kills.[/quote]
I agree but the spirit of my post was to point out that I didn't want to get caught in the middle of some pissing match between game developers trying one up each other wish insanely hard achievements.

Im sick of all this "milking" of peoples money with halo3, oh well. But the BR replica looks good, and 20 isnt too bad, depending on the quality.

I would have actually liked a seriously achievement. But on the halo level it would have to be around 1 million kills.

And on the other achievements I'm not really a fan of all these find "X" skull achievements. In Halo 2 they where basically hidden almost glitch like to find. So unless they are more easily accessible in Halo 3 I don't like them. Kind of like the get the scarab gun achievement on halo 2. (PC of course) I mean has anyone in here gotten the scarab gun? It took 2 hours of work to get to that damn gun. And all the work you have to go through. argh.....

The only part that boggles me is that is it really a glitch and no one was supposed to get, or did bungie put that in there just for someone to find. The fact that there is an achievement to obtain it makes me think so, but when I got it back on the xbox. I have to disagree. Way to much work and way to much cheating the game to get it. I think they just liked to own up to the fact that people glitched and found the gun and made it into an achievement on the PC version.

I think that a lot of us who are a little disappointed with the acheivement list are pretty avid Halo 2 players. For someone coming to Halo for the first time, something like a kill frenzy could be pretty hard to get. That said, they really should've had at least a couple of acheivements that are more out of reach. I really believe that will do that later with an update though.

I second the vote for no weapon specific stuff too. I hated gears and people running around tagging only to try to get an acheivement instead of playing the game.

And I too would still be playing gears if it had matchmaking... Good game, terrible execution of on-line community.

[quote name='doubledown']Didn't read through all of this, but did anyone see all the Halo3 accessories coming out (controllers and headset)

All $59.99

[/quote]

Yes, they were discussed a couple pages back, pics and info on OP.

Well, IGN added around 150 pics yesterday:

http://au.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/imgs_1.html

Lots of pics, some old, a lot new, all looking good.

I found this to be intresting though, A blatant comparison of HALO 2 to HALO 3:

http://au.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/img_4670122.html
http://au.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/img_4670053.html

Pretty good, eh?

My favorite pic of course:

http://au.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/img_4670110.html

Amazing, isn't it?

bread's done
Back