Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

I never leave games because I hate being a douche and because of the negative points towards ranking but man...I was playing 2v2 last night on high ground and we eneded up on the side of the little warthog (dont know official name) and the other 2 camped on the beach with the sniper and the laser. Anytime we tried to show our faces by crossing the gate or even being up top we got sniped or lasered, tried staying on our area to see if they would come and nothing... After 7-0 I fucking quit the match, it was ridiculous.

[quote name='Trakan']The snipes is way slower than Halo 2, not faster.[/quote]

Yeah, it confused me when that guy said it was faster. Its alot slower in H3.

I haven't had a problem with snipers/lasers. There are ways to avoid them. There are a ton of ways around the maps. They can't be looking everywhere

[quote name='Trakan']The snipes is way slower than Halo 2, not faster.[/quote]

I've been away from H2 since Setp of last year...I could have sworn it was slower back then. I apologize.

oo nice scans...I like the Brute Chopper...is it replacing the tank completely or what lol

And I really like the mongoose, saw it in a vid, but can't wait to drive it xD. Is that replacing the hogs? (Also glad the banshee can shoot the rockets again...Halo 2 they felt stunted...even though the plasma machine gun bullets seemed a lot stronger lol)

[quote name='Spades22']oo nice scans...I like the Brute Chopper...is it replacing the tank completely or what lol

And I really like the mongoose, saw it in a vid, but can't wait to drive it xD. Is that replacing the hogs? (Also glad the banshee can shoot the rockets again...Halo 2 they felt stunted...even though the plasma machine gun bullets seemed a lot stronger lol)[/QUOTE]

All the previous vehicles are still in the game, they're just adding to the count.

Sweet scans tho Rolento, thanks.

I just thought about something....we should get some CAG watermarks on these ASAP, you know other sites will steal them and claim them as their own.

Have you guys seen the new screens from this months EGM? Spartans get new uni's...Covenant get Jackal online

I can't wait to see the wall hacks...

[quote name='captmurphy']Some of those head models look like they would make it easier to target the noggin.[/QUOTE]

and they look alot like the Haze outfits...
19899-t_haze_ubidays07.jpg

[quote name='rywateska']Have you guys seen the new screens from this months EGM? Spartans get new uni's...Covenant get Jackal online

I can't wait to see the wall hacks...[/QUOTE]

"Covenant get Jackal online"

???

[quote name='rywateska']Have you guys seen the new screens from this months EGM? Spartans get new uni's...Covenant get Jackal online

I can't wait to see the wall hacks...[/quote]

Jackal, explain?

And wall hacks? Sorry If I'm not excited to hear the possibility of people cheating on Live.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']and they look alot like the Haze outfits...
[/quote]

Whoa...no wonder I got a sense of Deja Vu when I saw the scans you posted.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']and they look alot like the Haze outfits...
[/quote]

Not only that, but they remind me of Daft Punk aswell. They are probably harder, better, faster, stronger... :p

[quote name='life.exe']Not only that, but they remind me of Daft Punk aswell. They are probably harder, better, faster, stronger... :p[/quote]

Word.
medium_electroma_4.jpg

i really don't like what they did to the sword and pistol. I never even thought that the sword was too powerful to begin with. With shotguns, stickies, rockets, or snipers it was very easy to kill the sword guy

Can someone who has custom stuff unlocked please send me an invite anytime in the next couple hours. I'd like to just get in and out long enough to be able to set up my own room. If I get enough guys to part up, I'll try it myself. But I'd love the easy way out if anyone can hook me up.
Thanks.

[quote name='elsnow77']i really don't like what they did to the sword and pistol. I never even thought that the sword was too powerful to begin with. With shotguns, stickies, rockets, or snipers it was very easy to kill the sword guy[/quote]

I agree with the sword even though I haven't played Halo 3 yet lol. I liked it in Halo 2...it gave the people who weren't too great with the guns a bit of fun at times :p. And I often got people with the sword and they got me...it wasnt too difficult at all. Don't know what they've done with the pistol though...but I'm glad to see the old assault rifle back :D

I'll be on in about 15 minutes, if anyone has a custom game going if they wouldn't mind sending me an invite so I can see how some of this custom stuff is it'd be appreciated.

Shin Legato

[quote name='psychobrawler']Can someone who has custom stuff unlocked please send me an invite anytime in the next couple hours. I'd like to just get in and out long enough to be able to set up my own room. If I get enough guys to part up, I'll try it myself. But I'd love the easy way out if anyone can hook me up.
Thanks.[/quote]
Look at your recent players list and see if there's someone playing a custom game. Join their game, and back out to your own menu. You'll be in the custom games menu.

Seems official.

Also, to throw it out there, if any 4-6 person CAG team wants to challenge CAGtac, feel free to post. Since we can get into a custom game now, we can actually set up our own games.

[quote name='Trakan']Look at your recent players list and see if there's someone playing a custom game. Join their game, and back out to your own menu. You'll be in the custom games menu.

Seems official.

Also, to throw it out there, if any 4-6 person CAG team wants to challenge CAGtac, feel free to post. Since we can get into a custom game now, we can actually set up our own games.[/quote]

Hmmm...I don't like it, could have been better.

So anyone can make custom games now?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hmmm...I don't like it, could have been better.

So anyone can make custom games now?[/quote]

Anyone could before, its just the method for doing it, is just now being talked about.

Played custom for a while last night. If you were a sword whore, you'll likely be disappointed. I think the shotgun is a more effective close quarters weapon than the sword now. I think it's easy to have little complaints about every weapon, but playing the game just seems remarkably balanced now. I'm not worried for instance in 2 v 2 when one team has rockets and the sniper that we're doomed. There's a nice sense of being a threat at all times, rather than feeling like a sitting duck when you spawn.

The depth of options in custom games is INSANE. I can see myself just spending hours in the menus creating and tweaking custom gametypes. The only thing that saddens me a little is that I was looking forward to UT3 and Team Fortress 2, and I'm now 99% confident I won't play those because H3 will dominate my on-line time for the next year or more. I really wish one of those companies would've gotten their shit together and launched their game in July or so...

That halo 3 boxart is kinda crappy. The only thing I can see keeping is the color scheme. It's refreshing to see the blue/greens return. Halo 2 was a bit too dark, full of browns and blacks, at least that's what i remember.

hmm was playing custom modes as well last night. not sure how to get it started but some guy got us up and just gave me party leader. Lots of damn options, tanks and all. Some stuff is buggy, like the sword as a starting weapon doesn't always work.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStatsHalo3.aspx?player=Disciprine

Some cool custom modes preset like Ninja CTF.

for those interested, instructions here
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159944

Of course, the easiest way to get into a custom game would to be invited into one by friends, but if you're a lonely fellow, here's the instructions:

* First, get six to eight other players in a game with you in the pre-matchmaking phase.
* After you've assembled this group, have a separate player matchmaking by themselves send the party leader an invite.
* The party leader needs to bring the party to the new game, but one person will get kicked.
* The person who was booted will now send invites to those who weren't booted -- it is possible you'll have to repeat these first couple of steps because you need two people in the custom game lobby.
* Now you should have a party of two and a party of six in two separate lobbies -- the party of six invites the party of two into their game.
* Someone in the party of two should lag out into a custom game that actually works.

Yeah, it sounds like a lot of hard work, but just check out some of the cool stuff you can do once you've got it figured out!

god damb, these fucking betrayls are driving me nuts! in valhalla i keep laying down trip mines places and then retards on my team walk over them and i get booted. Also, they need to make it so that you can only get booted after three or two betrays. Lots of times i accidentally kill someone with rockets/grenades and i get booted.

/rant

Yeah...happens to me too. Except I play split screen with my little sister. We had an awesome match of territories. We were tied and playing the 3rd match, it was really close, and my sis accidentally killed some dude, and the douche bag kicked her...little did he know that by kicking her he kicked me as well and lost 2 of the best people on the team. I'm sure that they lost the match.

I've never played Halo 1 or 2 but I messed around with the Halo 3 Beta last night and I don't understand what the big deal is. It just seems like a generic FPS. It also felt a bit lonely not having anyone on my team (maybe that's a feature though - I don't know). There were 6 people playing on one map and one guy got 25 kills before anyone else got even 3. That's not fun.

[quote name='javeryh']I've never played Halo 1 or 2 but I messed around with the Halo 3 Beta last night and I don't understand what the big deal is. It just seems like a generic FPS. It also felt a bit lonely not having anyone on my team (maybe that's a feature though - I don't know). There were 6 people playing on one map and one guy got 25 kills before anyone else got even 3. That's not fun.[/QUOTE]

Halo needs to be played in teams for it to be awesome, play any other team game.

[quote name='javeryh']I've never played Halo 1 or 2 but I messed around with the Halo 3 Beta last night and I don't understand what the big deal is. It just seems like a generic FPS. It also felt a bit lonely not having anyone on my team (maybe that's a feature though - I don't know). There were 6 people playing on one map and one guy got 25 kills before anyone else got even 3. That's not fun.[/quote]

You played rumble training, that why you were not on a team...and obviously the guy that got 25 kills was alot better than everyone else in the game.

[quote name='javeryh']I've never played Halo 1 or 2 but I messed around with the Halo 3 Beta last night and I don't understand what the big deal is. It just seems like a generic FPS. It also felt a bit lonely not having anyone on my team (maybe that's a feature though - I don't know). There were 6 people playing on one map and one guy got 25 kills before anyone else got even 3. That's not fun.[/QUOTE]

though I've played a tiny bit of Halo 1 and 2, I have to agree. I don't see the huge fuss other than the multiplayer team stuff. Halo did establish what Live is suppose to be, but that dosn't change the genericness of the game. Halo 3 will be a must have, but 1 and 2 never stood out.

sorry for derailing, I don't want to and don't intend to take this thread off coarse.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']though I've played a tiny bit of Halo 1 and 2, I have to agree. I don't see the huge fuss other than the multiplayer team stuff. Halo did establish what Live is suppose to be, but that dosn't change the genericness of the game. Halo 3 will be a must have, but 1 and 2 never stood out.

sorry for derailing, I don't want to and don't intend to take this thread off coarse.[/QUOTE]
Funny. It feels like Halo 2...

I am trying to get through the Campaign modes of the first two games, almost done with Halo 1. I wish Co-op over live was availible for both these games. If I don't get through them, I will just watch the videos of them with my Legendary Halo 3 Catmask Edition.

[quote name='Kendal']I am trying to get through the Campaign modes of the first two games, almost done with Halo 1. I wish Co-op over live was availible for both these games. If I don't get through them, I will just watch the videos of them with my Legendary Halo 3 Catmask Edition.[/quote]

ya same...finally got through halo 1 a few days ago. I suffered through awful lag on my PC lol. It could barely run the game and it froze a good 5 or so times through the games duration...but I made it and saw the story! :D. The last level was insanely laggy (although fun...), but overall the game was extremely repetitive with only like 2 main landscapes and running over the same maps 20 times. Heres hoping Halo 2 is better...should be since I actually bought it for Xbox, so I'll have no lag, AND I haven't worn out the multi yet since I recently bought it.

[quote name='Spades22']ya same...finally got through halo 1 a few days ago. I suffered through awful lag on my PC lol. It could barely run the game and it froze a good 5 or so times through the games duration...but I made it and saw the story! :D. The last level was insanely laggy (although fun...), but overall the game was extremely repetitive with only like 2 main landscapes and running over the same maps 20 times. Heres hoping Halo 2 is better...should be since I actually bought it for Xbox, so I'll have no lag, AND I haven't worn out the multi yet since I recently bought it.[/quote]

Halo 2 has more diverse environments and textures, but still suffers from repetition in the environments.

Storywise though Halo 1 > Halo 2.

Playing as the Arbiter in Halo 2 was just too boring for me.

I don't know why people didn't like playing as the Arbiter in Halo 2.... he controls exactly like the Chief... perhaps you just don't like fighting the Flood as much as the Covenant?

Is anyone good with the shotty?

I'm decent enough with every gun except the shotgun. I hit someone point blank and it always takes 2 shots, and by then im usually dead. I tried using nades to get them down before, but I still usually die.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Is anyone good with the shotty?

I'm decent enough with every gun except the shotgun. I hit someone point blank and it always takes 2 shots, and by then im usually dead. I tried using nades to get them down before, but I still usually die.[/QUOTE]

I have my control scheme set to the one that makes clicking the right stick in melee attacks. So when I shot with the shotgun right when I shoot I click the stick in so it hit's a melee hit right after the shot. It works everytime.

Gosh the flood was awful...after they came and I had to play that one Library level or something....ughhh never again haha

I'm still enjoying the Beta....the needler has to be one of the most powerful weapons in the game now....maybe they will balance that a bit more. I cannot imagine if I had Dual Needlers (only found one at a time).

Anyways, good times....played a little Rumble and a little team. No custom stuff yet.

bread's done
Back