Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

I could never play head to head that much because host advantage plays too big of a part in who wins, especially at the higher levels.

I believe Grifball is the double XP list this week. Should go live soon.

Is next week the 4v4v4v4 list? That'd figure as I won't be around to play it.

[quote name='wubb']I believe Grifball is the double XP list this week. Should go live soon.

Is next week the 4v4v4v4 list? That'd figure as I won't be around to play it.[/quote]

Another vacation Wubb?

I look forward to trying 4vs4vs4vs4. Also to the guy above me, who cares what people say. I almost always end up quick-muting half the players in any given game.

[quote name='manofpeace20']I'm tired of people saying I suck when they see I'm a grade 2 major. Especially when I come in 2nd and first place is 15 levels higher than me[/QUOTE]

i love when brigadiers and generals say i suck because i'm a master sargent

[quote name='wubb']Hopped on yesterday and the first grifball match I jumped in MM had Syngamer randomly popped on the other team. :lol:[/quote]

Wow...that's pretty cool, never happened to me before but always wondered if it has to anyone.

So Ranked Big Team Battle is double XP for the month of June in case anybody reading this thread didn't already know. They are doing that in an attempt to get more people in that list so they can tweak the problems that drove people away from it in the first place.

But they haven't done much to get the word out that this is double XP. It's not in the double XP hopper and it doesn't mention the double XP anywhere in game that I've seen. If you happen to check your XP after every match you'd notice it go up 2 after a RBTB win...

The times I've jumped in RBTB the population has been somewhere around 4k-5k and MM has taken a good while. I'm thinking it gets scrapped for good in the July or August update.

I've tried BTB for one night. Not pretty. Get grouped with 4 guys that don't have mics, a couple that just suck and one that won't talk even with the mic. Good times. And not a single one working together. I think BTB is a lost cause.

I think I need to quit this game...there's some matches that are all kinds of BS and It pisses me off quite a bit. I get angry when I play this game a lot online :bomb:

You just need to hook up with a big team so you're always playing with cools guys that have mad skillz. It totally changed the game for me, and now I'm hopelessly addicted.

If you can't find a team I can refer you to mine.

Funny story happened yesterday with me and omgu8myrice.

We go online, and we appear offline so that we can play some teamslayer without having to dismiss our other friends. So we go in, and we are just talking, and the game starts. So it loads up and its Narrows. So omgu8myrice is talking about tiger woods and then I tell him to STFU and look at the other team.

Turns out 2 of our friends are on the other team! I can honestly say that this is the first time I have ever had this happen in all my Halo 2 and Halo 3 days online. What made it even better was that we won!

[quote name='help1']Funny story happened yesterday with me and omgu8myrice.

We go online, and we appear offline so that we can play some teamslayer without having to dismiss our other friends. So we go in, and we are just talking, and the game starts. So it loads up and its Narrows. So omgu8myrice is talking about tiger woods and then I tell him to STFU and look at the other team.

Turns out 2 of our friends are on the other team! I can honestly say that this is the first time I have ever had this happen in all my Halo 2 and Halo 3 days online. What made it even better was that we won![/QUOTE]

This happened to me ( us ) in Halo 2. The Revolution went in as a 4 Player Team Slayer or Tactical game and we got matched up against The Regular CAG Crew of Craven Fiend and 3 others. It was pretty sweet to get matched up against them in a ranked game. I don't have to say it but we won by a landslide. :D

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I think I need to quit this game...there's some matches that are all kinds of BS and It pisses me off quite a bit. I get angry when I play this game a lot online :bomb:[/quote]

Let me know when you have free time and I'll try to team with you.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Let me know when you have free time and I'll try to team with you.[/quote]
Yeah, it's all about who you play with, random people = teh sucketh. No mics + random people = hell. And i went to invite wubb the other day and poof, there he was on the other team via matchmaking. First time i've ever seen that happen.

Thanks Guile, maybe I just need to work with a good team and learn from that. I usually play doubleteam with my little sis which she's most of the time better than me, I think that our problem is that we lose focus and split up most of the time. When we play Social Multi-Team we tend to kick all kinds of ass, not sure why though.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks Guile, maybe I just need to work with a good team and learn from that. I usually play doubleteam with my little sis which she's most of the time better than me, I think that our problem is that we lose focus and split up most of the time. When we play Social Multi-Team we tend to kick all kinds of ass, not sure why though.[/quote]

Cause everyone who plays social playlists sucks.

Well it may not necessarily be that you are terrible when playing social playlists, but it is just that you should depreciate your kills by a factor of 80%.

[quote name='SynGamer']Yeah, it's all about who you play with, random people = teh sucketh. No mics + random people = hell. And i went to invite wubb the other day and poof, there he was on the other team via matchmaking. First time i've ever seen that happen.[/quote]

BTW, sorry I couldn't make that last invite you gave me for Grifball (I think that was it). I was in a one on one match ranked and I don't like leaving ranked matches I'm in.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']BTW, sorry I couldn't make that last invite you gave me for Grifball (I think that was it). I was in a one on one match ranked and I don't like leaving ranked matches I'm in.[/quote]

What rank are you on 1on1?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What rank are you on 1on1?[/quote]

I think I'm a 2. I've only played two head to head matches. I've won one and lost one.

[quote name='Corvin']I wonder when we'll get more details. I'm still curious why the last H2 map pack (Hang 'em High one) hasn't shown up in Halo 3. It came out so late, I assumed they would be forward thinking enough to make them work in H3 in tandem.[/quote]

Those maps weren't made by bungie.

I've been playing a lot of this game but man, I'm really sick of the poor weapon balance.

Most of all, I just hate the AR, what a noob weapon. It really annoys me in a map like Guardian since it becomes a total campfest. With BRs it's fun, but with ARs... god. I absolutely detest it when I see two nubs rushing at each other with ARs and then simultaenously meleeing and dying.

For that matter, the SMG and Spiker are pretty useless too. I only use the plasma pistol to stop vehicles. The PR is okay but I'd rather have a BR.

I just wish there was more weapons to use. I'm BR / Sniping 99% of the time, a little variety in the mid-range game would be nice...

[quote name='dastly75']Those maps weren't made by bungie.[/quote]

You are correct. I, for one, hated those remakes.

Bungie said on several occasions that they themselves were never going to make a hang em high remake because it didn't fit. Bungie was 100 percent correct.

[quote name='help1']You are correct. I, for one, hated those remakes.

Bungie said on several occasions that they themselves were never going to make a hang em high remake because it didn't fit. Bungie was 100 percent correct.[/quote]

I didn't like the fact that they turned everything shit brown, but the Hang 'em High remake was better than a handful of the launch maps on H3. They could have replaced isolation, narrows, epitaph, or construct.

[quote name='kainzero']I absolutely detest it when I see two nubs rushing at each other with ARs and then simultaenously meleeing and dying.[/QUOTE]

The picture I got in my head from that quote made me laugh my ass off. It's like watching two retards run head first into each other.

I had no idea Bungie didn't do that map pack. I had read they didn't want to do Hang 'em High early on, but figured they had a change of heart down the road. I had given up on Halo 2 by the time those came out so I'm still jonesing for my Hang 'em High fix.

Does anyone else HATE construct? What a crappy map. Camping the elevators with swords and crap is sooooo fun to deal with.

Also I feel guilty about how awesome the shotgun is. God it is awesome.

SMG, PR, PP, Spiker, BS, and other seems to really pale in comparison to the power of the shotty, sniper, br, ar, melee, and rocket launcher. Also throw in the needler on certain maps (the pit anyone?).

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']Does anyone else HATE construct? What a crappy map. Camping the elevators with swords and crap is sooooo fun to deal with.

SMG, PR, PP, Spiker, BS, and other seems to really pale in comparison to the power of the shotty, sniper, br, ar, melee, and rocket launcher. Also throw in the needler on certain maps (the pit anyone?).[/quote]

Sticky grenades are the cure for the common shotty.

AR always gets swapped out for the SMG.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']Does anyone else HATE construct? What a crappy map. Camping the elevators with swords and crap is sooooo fun to deal with.

SMG, PR, PP, Spiker, BS, and other seems to really pale in comparison to the power of the shotty, sniper, br, ar, melee, and rocket launcher. Also throw in the needler on certain maps (the pit anyone?).[/quote]
I like Construct. I used to hate it, but I feel like it's one of the more strategic maps in the game. Good strategy and teamwork on this stage can make you come from behind a lot... even if you're down 12.

The best way to deal with it if they're camping purple lift is to have two teammates attack one side from gold and have two go up sword ramp.

PP I use to disable vehicles in Snowbound and Standoff, since there aren't that many anti-vehicle weapons on those stages. The BS can function as a mauler since it's a 1 shot + melee for kill. Don't forget about the laser, either. I also use the Magnum a lot in guardian since headshot weapons are so scarce in it w/o BR start.

SMG, PR, PP, Spiker, BS, and other seems to really pale in comparison to the power of the shotty, sniper, br, ar, melee, and rocket launcher. Also throw in the needler on certain maps (the pit anyone?).[/QUOTE]

I like construct. I almost never use the purple elevators so I don't have the same issues as you. I don't usually have a problem with swords on that map either because you can stay pretty far away with the BR on that map.

As for the shotgun, it's great when you have it and shitty when you don't. :lol: I actually enjoy double Maulers more. They seem to be even more lethal in tight quarters. Only problem is that you lose the ability to toss grenades.

Wasn't a huge fan of Chill Out. It was more of a middle of the road maps for my friends and I. Hopefully the other two maps will be better.

For those who haven't heard, one of the goals that was being talked about on the Bungie.net forums was to have 7 billion kills in the Campaign before Bungie Day (7/7). The movement was noticeable enough to get front page recognition on the Bungie homepage.

At the time of this post, we're still about a quarter of a billion kills short. The good news is that there's still two weeks before the deadline. So anyone who's willing to pitch in, feel free to do so. Every little bit helps!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I can't remember what Chill Out looked like.[/quote]

Purple awesomeness. That should be all ya need. ;)

[quote name='nbayus']For those who haven't heard, one of the goals that was being talked about on the Bungie.net forums was to have 7 billion kills in the Campaign before Bungie Day (7/7). The movement was noticeable enough to get front page recognition on the Bungie homepage.

At the time of this post, we're still about a quarter of a billion kills short. The good news is that there's still two weeks before the deadline. So anyone who's willing to pitch in, feel free to do so. Every little bit helps![/quote]

Campaign isnt much fun. Online is where its at.

I fucking love halo!!!

Today i played a match where i stuck a guy with a plasma grenade and right when it was going to explode and kill the guy, it just disappeared and didnt harm him at all. I ended up dying for that. Check it out right here. Then today i always get pared up with people who are a lower level than i am. I swear, i was playing doubles and i always get someone with a highest rank lower than mine, and we always go against teams that have players with a highest rank way better than ours. How is this fair? Just because their doubles rank is around 16 that makes it okay to pair up a 35 and 28 against us who are at best 24 and 18???? Tell me how that is fair. I love how they completely ignore a persons highest rank. Then ive played games where we have a 2 on 1 advantage because the other teams guy quit. WE STILL LOSE! OMG. I love when i hit a guy with a grenade, then fill him with a full AR, and he still doesnt die. I wish i could get paired up with someone who is actually better than me. I will admit im not the greatest player. My game is inconsistant. I can have great games and then terrible games. Which is why i need to be the lower player of doubles. ...and thats the end of my vent.

I know how you feel...I swear to God this game got way glitchier after the last update. It plays like shit half the time. I've stuck people so many times and seen the plasma fall off their body or simply disappear. I've gotten killed by shooting an AR clip into a guy, meleeing him, just to have him come up to me, melee me at the same time without shooting me, and me being the one that dies.

Last night, I was at a huge distance when someone threw a sticky at my partner, I was really far off that not even the proximity would cause damage, I had full energy, my partner was practically dead, stayed back to fight off the dude, the plasma blew up, my partner died obviously, but me being a few feet away...and I mean like 30 feet easily and I died somehow too...the bastard got a double-kill. I was so enraged that I just turned off the damn system right there and then.

bread's done
Back