Halo Legends Special Edition (Best Buy Exclusive) Blu-ray & DVD SteelBook™

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Best Buy is getting Halo Legends Special Edition Blu-ray & DVD SteelBook™ on February 16, 2010 for $29.99 (Blu-ray) & $18.99 (DVD). The SKU # is 9741277 for Blu-ray & 9741213 for DVD. Thanks to kaliraver69 for the finding!

sb_halobook0214_01.gif

Blu-ray - $25.99
9741277.jpg

DVD - $18.99
9741213.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For those CAGs in NYC, Best Buy on 23rd has atleast 10-15 copies.

On a side note: I paniced this morning and did 'in store pick up,' so I don't know if my receipt is different because of it... but it says "HALO LEGENDS: SE Exclusive STEELBOOK pakaging-Blu-ray Disc."

I didn't even attempt to price match because of what the receipt said... any suggestions? $25.99 is a little steep... $20 is definately the right price for me.

HHHEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPP!! (Elite Beat Agents reference :whistle2:D)

[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, looks like this was massively overproduced and will likely be much cheaper in the future. I was going to pick it up on regular Blu @ Target for $19.99, but now I'll probably wait until Best Buy drops the price on the steelbook.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it will last long enough for there to be a drop

Last edited by a moderator:
Tukwila, WA had about 15 - 20 copies.

I PM Target too, girl had to have a manager do an override though. He did then looked at the ad and said he'd have to look it up.

The girl just ranged it up and I just dipped right after.

Used $10 in RZ certificates and the rest was store credit.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just buy another copy in store, and return your .com order...I may end up doing that later this week.[/QUOTE]

I can return the .com order in the store I picked it up from? I used 3.50 off of a giftcard too, what is going to happen to that?

Thanks

PS My disc was loose in the case. I think most of them were since I picked up a couple copies and I could feel the disc moving around in them.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I can return the .com order in the store I picked it up from? I used 3.50 off of a giftcard too, what is going to happen to that?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah you should be able to return it to the store, they'll most likely just give you another giftcard for $3.50.

[quote name='BOOMATIC206']PS My disc was loose in the case. I think most of them were since I picked up a couple copies and I could feel the disc moving around in them.[/QUOTE]
That sucks ...had no issues on my end.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeah you should be able to return it to the store, they'll most likely just give you another giftcard for $3.50.[/QUOTE]

The receipt doesn't say giftcard AT all, but it must be in the records somewhere.

I thank you much for your speedy responses!

I will go back when the weather is better (I had to walk 10 blocks each way in a blizzard)!

[quote name='BOOMATIC206']PS My disc was loose in the case. I think most of them were since I picked up a couple copies and I could feel the disc moving around in them.[/QUOTE]

That sucks!

Any damage??

[quote name='Penguin1084']Just got out of class and went to best buy, failed on the target price match, bunch of douschebags (the usual)
[/QUOTE]

A PRETTY cashier gave me the PM!!! :bouncy:

I would not count on any overstock being lowered in price. Best Buy had the James Bond Steelbooks sitting on shelves for months and the price never dropped lower than the $24.99 it sold for on release week. And most Best Buy's still have the Disney Steelbooks in-stock and those are $34.99. After this week it will climb back up to $29.99 and probably stay that way. $19.99 is too good a price to pass on a Blu-ray Steelbook.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I don't think it will last long enough for there to be a drop[/QUOTE]

I agree. One of two things will most likely happen:
A. They will sell out at the sale price this week. Unlikely.
B. They will just sit on the shelves a la the Pixar/Disney steelbooks at full price until they're all sold out.

The main problem with steelbooks at Best Buy, that I've noticed is that they're usually only on sale the week they come out and they're marked as exclusive in the ad. They usually sell out at that price if not they go back to regular price. The regular version of the movie usually goes on sale later on, but NOT the steelbook version. The sku that's discounted will be that of the regular one.

So buy you're copy now at the sale price if you ask me.

Mine has at least 25 copies and now it went down to 15 copies. When I came home, 1 of them has dent and heavily crushed on the hinge door. Although, all of them are too fragile, because they're not strong enough.

i don't get it. the bundled encyclopedia is only 8 pages?

is it the same as the 300+ page encyclopedia? or is there new material in it?

I got my copy. when i went they had like 5 or 6 copies on the lower shelves.. they have the regular blu-ray on the top shelves so people will see that one first.

[quote name='basis']i don't get it. the bundled encyclopedia is only 8 pages?

is it the same as the 300+ page encyclopedia? or is there new material in it?[/QUOTE]

Wait, what 300+ page encyclopedia?

[quote name='basis']i don't get it. the bundled encyclopedia is only 8 pages?

is it the same as the 300+ page encyclopedia? or is there new material in it?[/QUOTE]
How is it impossible to squeeze 300+ page on that bundle? If you look at the AD or Online, it reads MINI-Encyclopedia. So basically, there's only 8 pages taken from the 300+ pages.

Here's my plan...

I have a steelbook from doing in store pickup. I am going to open it, and enjoy it. I am going to go tomorrow, and buy another copy (assuming they have it still). I am then going to price match that copy. The next day, I will return the second copy, with the first receipt.

It is a lot of hassle for $6, but I want to pick up The Beatles Rock Band for $30 anyway.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']That sucks!

Any damage??[/QUOTE]

The disc looks fine to me. Haven't watched it yet but I heard BD are hard to get scratched.

Is it ironic that I may be purchasing a PS3 to play my Halo Legends Blu-ray (among other reasons)? Probably not what Microsoft intended.

Picked up the SteelBook (Blu-Ray) earlier, and got the PM from Target also. Did not notice until later, but the associate price matched the DVD Version of Halo from Target (since the ad had the prices all jammed together in a small paragraph), so I ended up getting the SteelBook Blu-Ray for $12.99.

[quote name='tenzor']Picked up the SteelBook (Blu-Ray) earlier, and got the PM from Target also. Did not notice until later, but the associate price matched the DVD Version of Halo from Target (since the ad had the prices all jammed together in a small paragraph), so I ended up getting the SteelBook Blu-Ray for $12.99.[/QUOTE]
lucky! :applause:

the lady at the register knew right away that the exclusive steelbook version i had in my hand was different from the regular version in the target ad. therefor no go on the price match at my local store. oh well, after picking up fringe season 1 on dvd aswell it still only came to about $8 out of my pocket as i had some left over gift card balance. cant wait to watch this tonight!

My future fiance does not want to come over and watch all 7 episodes with me tonight! We saw two of them on Halo Waypoint together, and loved them. :bomb::bomb:

"Later in the week" :roll::roll::roll:

I will wait....

[quote name='flameofdoom666']My future fiance does not want to come over and watch all 7 episodes with me tonight! We saw two of them on Halo Waypoint together, and loved them. :bomb::bomb:

"Later in the week" :roll::roll::roll:

I will wait....[/QUOTE]

See probably wants to watch Lost. Well I know at least I am.

[quote name='goldeneye64']See probably wants to watch Lost. Well I know at least I am.[/QUOTE]

Definitely, it's a Flocke episode.:whee:

PM'd to the Target price, after pointing out that BB has their exclusive version and Target has there, though the movie itself is the same. Required the store manager approval, though they did do it for $19.99.

I do have to cancel the BB.com order, since they didn't pick the item for the order and the CS rep handling it though it would be easier to just do a B&M store purchase with the PM, instead of picking up the BB.com order and returning it.

[quote name='shrike4242']PM'd to the Target price, after pointing out that BB has their exclusive version and Target has there, though the movie itself is the same. Required the store manager approval, though they did do it for $19.99.

I do have to cancel the BB.com order, since they didn't pick the item for the order and the CS rep handling it though it would be easier to just do a B&M store purchase with the PM, instead of picking up the BB.com order and returning it.[/QUOTE]

My CS rep could of done it this way...but instead, she chose to screw around with the order and somehow I ended up paying $5 total for the steelbook.

I got EXTREMELY lucky, but I'm very happy that I did. The steelbook is awesome.

To all the people that PM'd at BB did you use the Target ad or print out from the internet?

[quote name='neoz']To all the people that PM'd at BB did you use the Target ad or print out from the internet?[/QUOTE]Never use the Internet printout. Too easy to fake, plus most PM policies state specifically that they need a print ad.

I'd never try a PM like that at BB without the print ad.

[quote name='neoz']To all the people that PM'd at BB did you use the Target ad or print out from the internet?[/QUOTE]

cell-phone - internet plan - opera mobile - weekly ad URL - show them yourself :)

I had thought about doing this, but left my cell in the car! oh well, just glad to have my hands on it. I'm all for PMing, esp when its not for 'identical' products, but not worth the YMMV hassle.

[quote name='shrike4242']Never use the Internet printout. Too easy to fake, plus most PM policies state specifically that they need a print ad.
I'd never try a PM like that at BB without the print ad.[/QUOTE]
I have PM'd successfully at my BB with the interent printout a bunch of time, come to think of it I have only used internet print outs but I gues that's a YMMV.

I got two of these for in-store pick up but I see a lot of people are having luck PMing, if I try to do it do I need to bring the Blurays with me or just the receipt?

[quote name='neoz']To all the people that PM'd at BB did you use the Target ad or print out from the internet?[/QUOTE]

I only ever use the print ad. My Best Buy are PM nazis though. They actually call the competitor store and make sure they have the item in stock, otherwise they won't PM. What happens when you have the same 3 people in customer service for 10 years.

My closest BB does that anyway. They also check to make sure it's the EXACT item. I tried to PM the Office S4 which was on sale at Target for $16.99 and they called TWO stores to make sure it was on sale because it wasn't the season pictured in the ad.

bread's done
Back