Halo: Reach

Thats not the only place its going around. How they will weed out legits from none legits (other than the few who used totally fake info) not sure how they would do it. I wouldn't expect perma bans but temp bans maybe.

True like the whole MS points and LIVE subscription from not too long ago as that site was accessed using the live id as well. That was money right out of MS pocket where as the beta is not. But yeah.

I got my code from MS's PR company (writer for gaming site FTW!)

Just noticed how to use the powers, and Sprinting + Bumper Jumper is pretty lose since you can't steer yourself while pressing X unless you claw the shit out of your controller.

Anyone know of the exact amount of shots to take down someone's shield with a DMR or pistol is? Pistol feels stronger than it was in Halo 2/3.

[quote name='menikmati']Anyone know of the exact amount of shots to take down someone's shield with a DMR or pistol is? Pistol feels stronger than it was in Halo 2/3.[/QUOTE]

Both are 5 shot kills, with the final being a headshot.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Awesome beta! I love Headhunter![/QUOTE]

Yeah when I finally figured out to take em to the drop off point! I'm sitting here trying to pick up skulls with no idea where to put them. From the looks of the games some of my fellow players don't either. Its kinda funny to watch the floor just pile up with skulls and we're just shooting each other.

As for my control scheme, Im using scout, thats most like halo 3 right?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Both are 5 shot kills, with the final being a headshot.[/QUOTE]

That leaves little buffer room on the pistol's 7-shot clip, argh.

[quote name='menikmati']That leaves little buffer room on the pistol's 7-shot clip, argh.[/QUOTE]

Bungie is quoted as saying the DMR and Pistol are meant to be 1 kill per clip, 2 if you're lucky.

Me personally? They're fucking missing it big time with those 2 guns.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Both are 5 shot kills, with the final being a headshot.[/QUOTE]

That leaves little buffer room on the pistol's 7-shot clip, argh.

[quote name='vwbeetlvr']THE FIRST EVER : skullmanjaro!!

by ME :)[/QUOTE]

What exactly did you do ?? It just looked like you were walking around ??

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']What exactly did you do ?? It just looked like you were walking around ??[/QUOTE]

He collected and deposited 10 skulls at once.

Id honestly sell 2/25th's of my soul to get in to this beta can someone hook me up, ill send you shadowrun lol PLEASE!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Goodeye']Thats not the only place its going around. How they will weed out legits from none legits (other than the few who used totally fake info) not sure how they would do it. I wouldn't expect perma bans but temp bans maybe.[/QUOTE]

It'd actually be relatively simple. Take the ones that have signed up since the ODST thing took off and run them through a parser for the ones that are likely to be legit. Then dump the ones that didn't get parsed and start confirming the ones that could be legit or further parse them. Since they pulled the codes from a database in the first place, they could easily be linked up to used codes on a Live account. Whether they actually do it or not is something completely different and if they actually do any kind of banning, I will laugh my ass off.

I can't believe so many people are willing to lie just to get into Halo Reach beta a few days early. Then again I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Played about an hour yesterday and OMG is the control layout different. Could not get used to it, I am going to have to play the whole weekend to get used to it. For some reason I cannot get the hang out of the abilities. The shield power up seems like the best to me, I think I am going to be using it a lot more than the other ones.

[quote name='menikmati']Nobody that I've joined seems to know how to play Stockpile *facepalm*[/QUOTE]

Me too, every game I played of stockpile last night resulted in me scoring the only points. Everyone else on my team must have thought they were playing TDM.

Anyways, the game is good but it just doesn't feel right. I'll have to give it more play time but my first impression of the game wasn a little disappointing.

My impressions so far...

Is it just me or are a lot of the guns pretty imbalanced? I agree with Panda about getting the DMR and Pistol balance wrong, and I think the Assault Rifle feels weak too. Either that or it seems to just take a lot longer to kill now. Unless of course you're using an explosive...at which point insta-kills happen too often. The rockets seem like I can get kills where I wouldn't at certain distances in Halo 3 and forget about grenades...why in god's grace are they so strong? And insta-kills with the grenade launcher if you land a shot directly on them? Meh, I guess...but it doesn't seem that hard to land the shots if you're hovering above them with jetpacks. And that thing comes with 7-8 shots! Any time I've done a Covie Slayer in Grab Bag it has degenerated into a sticky competition. That's exactly why I hated the Midship remake in the newest mappack...spawning with stickies is just not a good idea! And close range weapons seem to make quick work of people...if you get the hammer or shotgun on that one outdoor level (not the Sword Base one or whatever the indoors one is called) and guard the flag, they're just not gonna get it. That laser beam weapon (the sentienal gun on crack) seems fine with how quick it kills, but it's just that most 'normal' guns feel too nerfed/weak in comparison so it ultimately feels too strong. In previous games even if you ended up too close to a shotty/hammer/sword guy, you had a fairly large chance to escape or get a kill...I don't forsee many people backpedaling away with that ghetto Assault Rifle and winning in the beta, however.

I'm liking the loadouts though. All the abilities seem pretty cool and have their moments where they'd each be perfect, although I've been using the jetpack mostly just because it's fun to fly around like a moron. That guard powerup is pretty solid too...I've grabbed the sword on the indoors map, gone into guard and jumped out to kill 2-3 guys huddling around me a couple of times now and that's always fun.

Also, are headhunter modes and that sort only in FFA? I've only done Grab Bag so far and haven't run into that mode yet.

It's not a bad game, but I was expecting more from it graphically because Bungie claims that they redesigned the engine from the ground up. Really? Looks really similar.

Something worth keeping in mind, naysayers, is that this is a beta... no guarantees that what you see will ship with the final product. Working out weapon balance and things of that sort is kind of the point, no?

[quote name='Danil ACE']It's not a bad game, but I was expecting more from it graphically because Bungie claims that they redesigned the engine from the ground up. Really? Looks really similar.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, it has a weird look on my screen...it looks like a slight blurring or filter...maybe it's just the change in the color palate...but I think it looks somewhat different. It's still no looker tho. And I mean if you're talking about it from a purely graphical standpoint...yea, it's not a huge leap forward and there are still dozens of games that look better that have already released.

[quote name='Pirate331']Something worth keeping in mind, naysayers, is that this is a beta... no guarantees that what you see will ship with the final product. Working out weapon balance and things of that sort is kind of the point, no?[/QUOTE]

Well you're right...that is the point. That's also the exact reason why naysayers are complaining, no? If you don't bring it up, how will they know they need to fix it at all?

I think it looks really good. I agree, not as different from H3 as I would have thought, but still nice. The effects are just awesome. Grenade explosions and stuff like the armor lock look bad ass. Love all the animations as well.

I need to keep at it, I'm not doing too well right now. I'm too used to the BR. Now I'm out of my comfort zone because mid to long range weapons like the DMR and Needle Rifle require a lot more precise shot placement than the BR did.

Loving it so far, though. Grenades seem a bit too effective sometimes, the blast radius seems huge, but other than that I like what they've done with the basic Halo formula. I've been bored of H3 for a while now but this feels fresh.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I'd really want to conduct a survey to find out people who sucked at/disliked Halo 1 and or 2, but love Halo 3 and the Reach Beta.[/QUOTE]
I'd really like to know how and why people killed me with a sniper shot in halo Pc when there was lag everywhere and im in a warthog.. i can play crysis at a lot of frames per second(don't know the number)) but halo lags and goes crazy...

[quote name='Fjordson']I think it looks really good. I fgdfgfdgdgfdgfdgfdgesh.[/QUOTE]
man i wish i found a code

Got to play a couple hours last night. I'm really starting to like the game now that I played with people I know. The game feels totally different than Halo, but it's still good. Can't wait to see what other gametypes they add.

Anyone know how to do the melee animation? Do you just hold the melee button down?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Got to play a couple hours last night. I'm really starting to like the game now that I played with people I know. The game feels totally different than Halo, but it's still good. Can't wait to see what other gametypes they add.

Anyone know how to do the melee animation? Do you just hold the melee button down?[/QUOTE]The assassinations? Yes, just hold the melee button down for a split second while you're behind an enemy.

Anyone that has the beta shoot me a friend request i need to play with some good competitive players or else it's just not as fun. Been playing with my friend who is lousy and for some reason it's real frustrating.

IF YOU NEED A SKILLED GRAB BAGGER ADD LTOR!

also is it just me or do you guys rarely if ever use heath packs? Probably used 1 every 20 games.

[quote name='Ltor']Anyone that has the beta shoot me a friend request i need to play with some good competitive players or else it's just not as fun. Been playing with my friend who is lousy and for some reason it's real frustrating.

also is it just me or do you guys rarely if ever use heath packs? Probably used 1 every 20 games.[/QUOTE]
On gametypes such as 1 Flag CTF, I abuse those things. I average at least one or two health pack grabs per game (5+ on flag defense).

Whoa, how do you get beta codes? I'd like one. Willing to sell my wiener for one, if possible....Not but really ill give someone a waffles or what.cd invite for a code.

[quote name='Ltor']Anyone that has the beta shoot me a friend request i need to play with some good competitive players or else it's just not as fun. Been playing with my friend who is lousy and for some reason it's real frustrating.

also is it just me or do you guys rarely if ever use heath packs? Probably used 1 every 20 games.[/QUOTE]

i'll add you(we're same rank in h3, cept i have alot more xp). do you have any others to play with for a party?

oh i dont have early access so around monday i'll start.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I'd really want to conduct a survey to find out people who sucked at/disliked Halo 1 and or 2, but love Halo 3 and the Reach Beta.[/QUOTE]

I bought Halo with my Xbox back on launch day but didn't like it at all. For some reason I decided to buy Halo 3 at launch and absolutely loved it. Both campaign and MP were a lot of fun. I especially liked that I didn't feel too overwhelmed in the MP, as I am not very good at FPS games.

I am really looking forward to the Reach beta, though I am not sure how much I will get to play before I complete my finals. All of it depends on how long I take to write the 8-10 page paper for one of my courses, as most of the other finals seem to be more manageable. :wall:

I'm liking this game a lot. Every weapon except the AR(even up close it sucks) has been extremely useful. Hell, even the plasma pistol mid range does some good damage. I just hope that they give the DMR and pistol a higher clip count. Grenades have a blast radius similar to H1 and the rocket launcher is much deadlier this time around compared to H3. There are no more "WTF?! I just shot him with the rocket and he lived!" scenarios.

Has anyone gotten there free Halo Reach Beta Code from Microsoft for being a big Halo 2 player yet?

The beta is tomorrow, is that when we get the email?

my cousin got his the day after xbox 1 live shut down. we played halo 2 that night, but i didnt get one. So i think it was random. or it had nothing to do with what you wanted to know.

bread's done
Back