Halo: Reach

[quote name='The3amJunkie']I downloaded it and it keeps saying server is busy or down. I think its pretty lame that I cannot even start to play but I have it downloaded.[/QUOTE]
Same for me.
Ah well. It's downloaded at least.

OK, when I'm playing stockpile. I'm seriously lost as to which circle to bring the flag to. I swear.. I'll be red, and bring it to red, and it's blue when I get there.

[quote name='Machikunas']OK, when I'm playing stockpile. I'm seriously lost as to which circle to bring the flag to. I swear.. I'll be red, and bring it to red, and it's blue when I get there.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how that could happen. One base is red; one is blue. As far as I know, they do not change colors.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I don't want to play Tribes that bad anyway...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VipFREAK']I like the new BF 2142 although didn't realize it was coming out.[/QUOTE]

Troll is really good at trolling... :roll:

[quote name='JBlade00']Try playing a different playlist and see if you can get in.[/QUOTE]

Dang, I can't even get the playlists to show up. Just sits there saying "Playlist Loading".

Hope they get it running so I can get some playtime tonight.

When I played one match it was just 2 lists. I wonder if there are Custom games like there were in Halo 3.

Also, who thinks they're going to extend the beta now?

[quote name='KingBroly']When I played one match it was just 2 lists. I wonder if there are Custom games like there were in Halo 3.

Also, who thinks they're going to extend the beta now?[/QUOTE]

That's all they've had since Thursday. At least one new map/gametype will be added on May 7th.

As of right now, there's Slayer Arena, Grab Bag, and Free For All.

This has got to be one of the worst betas as far as connection problems go I have ever experienced. I've played maybe 5 matches now and for the past 20 minutes I have had this on my screen "The Halo: Reach server is not available at this time. Please try again later".

Come on Bungie, you should have been prepared to have hundreds of thousands of people playing this beta at once.

[quote name='Sigma']This has got to be one of the worst betas as far as connection problems go I have ever experienced. I've played maybe 5 matches now and for the past 20 minutes I have had this on my screen "The Halo: Reach server is not available at this time. Please try again later".

Come on Bungie, you should have been prepared to have hundreds of thousands of people playing this beta at once.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you don't remember the Halo 3 beta.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Perhaps you don't remember the Halo 3 beta.[/QUOTE]
I do, I also remember spending a lot less time in the matchmaking lobby.

[quote name='Sigma']I do, I also remember spending a lot less time in the matchmaking lobby.[/QUOTE]

Do you also remember sitting in the menu of Crackdown waiting 6 hours after the original announced start time for the beta?

I'm just saying, they underestimated demand before, no one should be surprised they did it again.

I was able to dl, but haven't been able to play.

Not sure why they chose to start at the time of day that they did. All coasts were up and online at that point. Had they gotten it up a few hours earlier they probably could have taken advantage of more of a rolling start.

Oh well, after a couple of days hopefully it will smooth out.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Do you also remember sitting in the menu of Crackdown waiting 6 hours after the original announced start time for the beta?

I'm just saying, they underestimated demand before, no one should be surprised they did it again.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I remember that, but this sucks more because most of us have had a chance to play the game now. With Halo 3 they were having problems getting the beta up in general.

Anyway here is what Bungie is saying.

[quote name='Kotaku']Can't complain when things go bad in a beta, can we? Word from Bungie is that intense server activity is gumming up the works:

"We're aware and working to resolve slow matchmaking times and inaccessible playlists. As soon as we're back up and running at full capacity, we'll make some noise. Stay tuned for more information and thanks for your patience."

Having troubles with the Halo Reach beta? Let us know.

Beta Backend Blowin' Up [Bungie.net][/quote]

[quote name='jughead']A few years ago I would have known this in advance but... I just found out today, no dual weilding in Halo Reach.[/QUOTE]

It is a prequel. They didn't discover dual-wielding into later in the series. ;)

-----------------

Not at home to play at the moment but its sad to see all the comments and gaming news headlines stating how badly this beta launch failed. Then again, it is a beta, so hopefully this experience will help them prevent it again at full game launch. On the other hand, it's Bungie and MS, how come they haven't mastered these launches yet?

[quote name='Sigma']This has got to be one of the worst betas as far as connection problems go I have ever experienced. I've played maybe 5 matches now and for the past 20 minutes I have had this on my screen "The Halo: Reach server is not available at this time. Please try again later".

Come on Bungie, you should have been prepared to have hundreds of thousands of people playing this beta at once.[/QUOTE]

Really? You must not participate in that many betas. The fact that Reach launches and you can get into the interface is better then a number of other betas.

Bungie took a look at the percentage of ODST disks sold and prepared for that. If they need to add more they will respond with leasing more server space from their provider. But, also do not forget that everyone is trying to access it, if you live in an area with a single ISP and high population, it could be your connections latency causing the timeout. It is less then 12 hours into the beta, have some patience.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It is a prequel. They didn't discover dual-wielding into later in the series. ;)

-----------------

Not at home to play at the moment but its sad to see all the comments and gaming news headlines stating how badly this beta launch failed. Then again, it is a beta, so hopefully this experience will help them prevent it again at full game launch. On the other hand, it's Bungie and MS, how come they haven't mastered these launches yet?[/QUOTE]

Oh shoot! You're right. Silly me. They must have also not learned how to throw grenades until the Halo 1 as well. Seriously; these spartans throw like girls.

Also; I agree with the poster above. If a beta doesn't work, I'm fine. However; I got pretty pissed when BFBC2 didn't work well the first couple of nights.

Game is a lot of fun. I've played all the Halo's but I've never stuck with the multiplayer very long. This one may be different though

Tired of playing stockpile every match and being the only one making any attempt to get flags, just won one 10 to nothing and I had 8 of the flags >.<

The one time it was something different, Covenant Slayer, half my team rage quits because stockpile lost.

And quite disappointed you can't be an Elite in any game, their dodge power > all the spartan ones.

/end rant

I had two games of slayer. Lots of fun. One of them was even classic slayer which reminded me of that one map from halo 3 in parts (forget the name of it off hand). Looks like I'll need to put some money to the side so I can actually buy this if I'm still unemployed when September rolls around.

Why hello there! I'm the Halo: Reach beta! Matt Young got me on Thursday, but couldn't play me much during his busy weekend. I hear he was really looking forward to playing with friends today... but golly gee, do I have a surprise in store for him! Matchmaking will only work when he's by himself and not with a team!

God damn it.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Wow I was excited for this?? Just a couple games convinced me not to buy this game day one. Very much like call of duty, lots of camping already :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I've hardly seen any camping and the only time people really stop moving is when they use invisibility which is completely legit.

The only thing annoying me is the idiots that spam the invisibility and just keep running around with it on. Messes the radar up for half the game.

[quote name='Ibramgaunt249']And quite disappointed you can't be an Elite in any game, their dodge power > all the spartan ones.

/end rant[/QUOTE]

This.

I can't in clear conscience spend hard earned cash on this game if we can't choose between Elites and Spartans any time we damn well please. The roll is too god damn sexy for its own good. I adore it.

If it weren't for the Guard and Airborne classes I wouldn't touch Ranked Slayer. I just hope the server situation sorts itself out soon enough. I'm starting to get the hang of this game.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']This.

I can't in clear conscience spend hard earned cash on this game if we can't choose between Elites and Spartans any time we damn well please. The roll is too god damn sexy for its own good. I adore it.

If it weren't for the Guard and Airborne classes I wouldn't touch Ranked Slayer. I just hope the server situation sorts itself out soon enough. I'm starting to get the hang of this game.[/QUOTE]

If you are looking to play Covenant, then isn't Invasion the mode for you (to be released in the Beta on May 7th).

Also, on the last Bungie Podcast (I think, they are all starting to run together) I believe they said you could make your own rule sets, so if you want Covenant vs Spartans, in theory, you could do that.

[quote name='slickkill77']Hmmm I've hardly seen any camping and the only time people really stop moving is when they use invisibility which is completely legit.

The only thing annoying me is the idiots that spam the invisibility and just keep running around with it on. Messes the radar up for half the game.[/QUOTE]
yeah the invisibility armor really is bullshit everytime I see my radar go haywire I just kneel and wait for him to walk in front of me

[quote name='slickkill77']Hmmm I've hardly seen any camping and the only time people really stop moving is when they use invisibility which is completely legit.

The only thing annoying me is the idiots that spam the invisibility and just keep running around with it on. Messes the radar up for half the game.[/QUOTE]
Now that I am getting use to the controls I am enjoying it alot more. Still on the fence of if I want to buy it day one or not... I guess I got months to decide. I just don't like the direction they are going with the game. Why are they trying to make Halo more like CoD? And why does the BR only shoot one bullet at a time? Where are my dual wielding magnums!?!

How the fuck do I use the jetpack? I stuck with Scout (or whatever that top choice by default is called) because I couldn't get my jumpy-ness going. Is it supposed to be the same button as the sprint or the shield ability?

I only played one game of stockpile. I had fun, people were grabbing flags.

[quote name='Halo05']How the fuck do I use the jetpack? I stuck with Scout (or whatever that top choice by default is called) because I couldn't get my jumpy-ness going. Is it supposed to be the same button as the sprint or the shield ability?

I only played one game of stockpile. I had fun, people were grabbing flags.[/QUOTE]

It's the same button, but you have to hold it down.

Played quite few matches tonight. So far... Not loving it, just hasn't grabbed me like the other Halo games did. I remember being much more psyched for Halo 3 after that beta. But, who knows, I'll keep trying it over the course of the next few weeks ...

[quote name='Megaten'] Is it just me or are a lot of the guns pretty imbalanced? [/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Everything seems slightly off. So far I haven't been able to find a weapon I really like. Not caring for either the needler rifle or the new gun that replaced the old BR. Ah, how I missed the old BR.

According to Bungie.net, they've already hosted over 1 million matches in the Beta. Pretty impressive.

As for the game. I really like it. Switched my controls to 'Recon' before playing a single match. Works well enough. I wish they'd just let you customize every button. That would make things so easy.

Love both maps, however Powerhouse isn't that great for Flag matches. Once the other team gets it out of the base, there is so many obstacles they are basically scot free.

I'm not digging the load-outs. I'd much rather have the items from Halo 3. The Power Drainer and Bubble Shield were far more useful than this jetpack, running, shield nonsense. How will these work on a big map with vehicles? The only one I do like is the Active Camo for the Radar Jamming capabilities. I find it works pretty well when defending a base as the enemy has no idea where to look for you.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']
I'm just saying, they underestimated demand before, no one should be surprised they did it again.[/QUOTE]

Actually they said they were expecting 3mil for the beta (which is insane, btw) and the servers crapped out at 300k tonight. Kinda funny, while I was sitting on the matchmaking loading screen for 20 minutes, the number of users dropped from 311k to 250k. People dropping like flies. lol

Sounds amazing, would be nice to get a free code :rofl: Can you imagine when the actual game comes out? For a lot of people saying they are sick of playing Halo FPS game, they sure do like/play the beta a lot.

People that hold down the RT and spray and pray with the assault rifle can blow me. There are only a few guns that I have a - k/d ration with and the majority are -2 or less. The assault rifle? -9. 1 have 1 kill with it and 10 deaths by it. When they get in trouble they spam the LT to throw every grenade and then spray the assault rifle because they can't take the time to aim. That is all.

Is it just me or do Powerhouse and Sword Base fucking suck. I can somewhat tolerate Powerhouse but man Sword Base is one steaming pile of stacked shit.

Oh and I don't know why but every game I'll get tons of kills stole and end the game with like 9+ assists.. Purty neat there.

Just got back from Beta, while it looked great and I enjoyed the armor equipment...CTF was incredibly annoying as ppl were picking up/dropping/picking up dropping the flag to "move it faster" followed by the voiceover stating the condition of the flag. I also had a lot of outnumbered matches with ppl dropping out when weren't in the lead midway through. Granted it's beta, MW:2's frags are just so much more satisfying.

I'll still get Reach, but I don't think I'll be playing as much Pvp as I do MW:2.

bread's done
Back