Halo: Reach

I love juggernaut, I like what they did with it. A lot of the team slayer games I have played, were not that great. Your either good at this game or you suck and I keep getting stuck with the shitty ones. Lone wolves is where its at. So far I am very impressed by what they have done with the game and can't wait to get my hands on campaign.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=103890

Check me out

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm finally getting better! Or at least a little bit better. Once you learn to pace your shots with the DMR and Pistol things start getting easier.

I'm really loving how this plays. It blows Halo 3 out of the water for me. I'm still sticking to the idea of Bungie toning down grenades, but other than that it's fantastic. This is the most fun I've had with Halo since Combat Evolved. And the Invasion playlist will be out on Friday. Can't wait!

I played Halo 2 more than any other online game, ever. I got really into Halo 3, but once COD4 came out, I couldn't play it anymore. It just seemed so... dated. Very slooooooooooooooow movement, takes a million bullets to kill people half the time, lack of an addictive perk system...

I basically only played Halo 3 sporadically from early 2008 on, even after I got ODST with all the Halo 3 maps. I really regret that decision. I played some Halo 3 multi a short while back and enjoyed it greatly. Sadly, I will now only have 4months to play the game between the end of the beta and the release of Reach.

But, speaking of Reach- I love it! I suck at it, but I love it. But I swear to God, if I ever end up having to play CTF variants 7 times in a row, all on Sword Base, again, I will stick a plasma grenade up my ass.

I will be playing the beta after 6 P.M. Pacific/9 P.M. Eastern. I have a Madden league game at 5/8.

Downloaded the beta overnight. Played one game this morning before work. I tried the sprint and jetpack classes, both seemed pretty cool. Dropping down from a jetpack boost to nail your opponent with a gravity hammer is pure win.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Now that I am getting use to the controls I am enjoying it alot more. Still on the fence of if I want to buy it day one or not... I guess I got months to decide. I just don't like the direction they are going with the game. Why are they trying to make Halo more like CoD? And why does the BR only shoot one bullet at a time? Where are my dual wielding magnums!?![/QUOTE]The "BR" is not the same weapon from Halo 2 & 3. What we have now is the Designated Marksman Rifle which, as you so succinctly put it, shoots one bullet at a time. If you're good you can kill someone with 5-6 shots, as opposed to 4-5 with the Battle Rifle; not much difference there, just calm down and practice with it. As for dual magnums... maybe you didn't notice but the pistol is once again a bringer of death; having two at once, or allowing for any combo (plasma pistol & magnum for example) would make it too powerful.

[quote name='Halo05']How the fuck do I use the jetpack? I stuck with Scout (or whatever that top choice by default is called) because I couldn't get my jumpy-ness going. Is it supposed to be the same button as the sprint or the shield ability?[/QUOTE] All armor abilities are mapped to the same button. You've gotta hold down the button to use the jetpack though; it's not a simple on/off deal like the rest.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Just tried out covie slayer on grab bag. The dodge abillity is not all that great.[/QUOTE]Dodge is going to make Elites insane; ever play Gears of War 2 online? It's like the roll/shotgun combo, albeit not as easily spammed.

[quote name='100xp']Just got back from Beta, while it looked great and I enjoyed the armor equipment...CTF was incredibly annoying as ppl were picking up/dropping/picking up dropping the flag to "move it faster" followed by the voiceover stating the condition of the flag. I also had a lot of outnumbered matches with ppl dropping out when weren't in the lead midway through.[/QUOTE]

This.

Love the beta, but wow is it annoying hearing "DROPPED THE FLAG! PICKED UP THE FLAG! DROPPED THE FLAG! PICKED UP THE FLAG!" over and over again.

And I played a game where it was my team vs the other team which was one guy, his two guests, and a fourth random guy. The guy and guests left, so the rest of the game was 4 v 1... kind of lame.

I downloaded the Beta last night - passed out on the couch before I got to play, but woke up at 3AM to knock out a couple of matches. I like the Jetpack class and the Guard class, especially for CTF.

I'm using the "Recon" scheme - which I hope carries over to the actual game. Not too difficult to get used to the controls, but the guns are definitely different.

[quote name='animalspinners']This.

Love the beta, but wow is it annoying hearing "DROPPED THE FLAG! PICKED UP THE FLAG! DROPPED THE FLAG! PICKED UP THE FLAG!" over and over again.

And I played a game where it was my team vs the other team which was one guy, his two guests, and a fourth random guy. The guy and guests left, so the rest of the game was 4 v 1... kind of lame.[/QUOTE]

Get used to it. It helps move the flag faster.

The more I play this game the more I like it. Just really sucks when you get teamates that go for kills instead of flags on a game of stockpile.

[quote name='Pirate331']The "BR" is not the same weapon from Halo 2 & 3. What we have now is the Designated Marksman Rifle which, as you so succinctly put it, shoots one bullet at a time. If you're good you can kill someone with 5-6 shots, as opposed to 4-5 with the Battle Rifle; not much difference there, just calm down and practice with it. As for dual magnums... maybe you didn't notice but the pistol is once again a bringer of death; having two at once, or allowing for any combo (plasma pistol & magnum for example) would make it too powerful.

All armor abilities are mapped to the same button. You've gotta hold down the button to use the jetpack though; it's not a simple on/off deal like the rest.

Dodge is going to make Elites insane; ever play Gears of War 2 online? It's like the roll/shotgun combo, albeit not as easily spammed.[/QUOTE]

I never played gears, but I could see it turning out good. The only problem is the delay you get, just like if you use the sprint loadout.

I have never been a big halo multiplayer fan (at least not online) but I have to say I am really digging Reach. The classes make the game alot more interesting and add some much needed depth to halo's MP. As for the weapon balancing, while I will agree that it does need some work but it is a Beta after all and I am sure the final product will see better balance. All in all the beta has made a believer out of someone who wasn't excited for the game but is now going to place a pre-order on it for a day one purchase.

My kill/death ratio is like 2 to 19 and I only played 2 games so fare. I didnt know the control schemes were different

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The more I play this game the more I like it. Just really sucks when you get teamates that go for kills instead of flags on a game of stockpile.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah.

Random kid on losing team: "You fucking suck, Matt Young! I went +11. You went -6. That's fucking terrible, man. Go kill yourself."

Me: "We won 8-1. I scored 4 flags. How many flags did you score?" (hint: the 1 asn't him)

Random kid: "Pssh, whatever man. fuckin' nubbie. I need some real fuckin' competition. N*gger."

*kid leaves with party*

And yes, I get the racist insults fairly often. I am a 5'8", 147 pound white man. Note to XBL users: Just because a man's voice is very deep, it does not mean he's a black man. Add in the fact that I am pretty stereotypically white, and my line of speaking comes across as such... I have no idea why these people believe me to be African-American.

I haven't played any online games with headsets in a long as time...the only time I do I use the private chat or I just mute everybody. Makes the game way more enjoyable.

[quote name='BigPoppa99']My kill/death ratio is like 2 to 19 and I only played 2 games so fare. I didnt know the control schemes were different[/QUOTE]
Use the Recon control scheme. Pretty much exactly the same setup as Halo 3/ODST.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I haven't played any online games with headsets in a long as time...the only time I do I use the private chat or I just mute everybody. Makes the game way more enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

Although unfortunate, this is the truth. Unless you enjoy constant swearing, racial slurs, singing, or all of the above, private chat with friends is the only way to go. It's utterly impossible to enter a game and talk strategy with randomly selected partners.

Ah, good ol' Halo always sticking me with the teammates who get 1 kill in a slayer match when I get 20+.

At least that has remained a constant since Halo 2.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I haven't played any online games with headsets in a long as time...the only time I do I use the private chat or I just mute everybody. Makes the game way more enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

This. I'm sick of people complaining about the 13 year olds online yelling. Just mute them or set your voice prefs to friends only.

On another note: I'm liking some of the changes a lot. Jetpack feels right at home in some of the levels, liking the new control scheme, and the new weapons. (even if some of them need balancing) gravity hammer i'm looking at you, especially in juggernaut.

Definitely Want to play more tonight.

Covy slayer is crazy as shit, and I love it! Playing some on powerhouse with a focus rifle + plasma launcher = easy k/d ratio raise.

Also, I'm not 11 years old and I won't call you the n-word. Add me if you play during the evening to midnight.

I freaking love Covy Slayer. Easily my favorite mode. The dodge move is just so much fun. Unfortunately it seems like all anyone wants to play is CTF and Stockpile. Can't stand Stockpile.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Ah, good ol' Halo always sticking me with the teammates who get 1 kill in a slayer match when I get 20+.

At least that has remained a constant since Halo 2.[/QUOTE]

20+ kills for you X? What fantasy are you livin' in?

[quote name='Matt Young']
And yes, I get the racist insults fairly often. I am a 5'8", 147 pound white man. Note to XBL users: Just because a man's voice is very deep, it does not mean he's a black man. Add in the fact that I am pretty stereotypically white, and my line of speaking comes across as such... I have no idea why these people believe me to be African-American.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's necessarily because of your deep voice, that unfortunate racial eptitaph gets thrown around on XBL no matter what racial group those nasty little 13 year-olds think you belong to.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I don't think it's necessarily because of your deep voice, that unfortunate racial eptitaph gets thrown around on XBL no matter what racial group those nasty little 13 year-olds think you belong to.[/QUOTE]

idk man, people think i am black too and i am far from it.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']:roll:

Who's the one who kicked back and killed people and who's the one doing some serious flag hustlin'? Cashing in on my hard work doesn't make you good, playa :cool:[/QUOTE]

Your ass wouldn't have gone 2 feet with the flag without me covering it mang :)

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Your ass wouldn't have gone 2 feet with the flag without me covering it mang :)[/QUOTE]My ass was fine doing my own thing, I didn't need your "help". You, on the other hand, wouldn't have scored without me being that dude.

Quit acting like you're better than me :cool:

[quote name='100xp']Just got back from Beta, while it looked great and I enjoyed the armor equipment...CTF was incredibly annoying as ppl were picking up/dropping/picking up dropping the flag to "move it faster" followed by the voiceover stating the condition of the flag. I also had a lot of outnumbered matches with ppl dropping out when weren't in the lead midway through. Granted it's beta, MW:2's frags are just so much more satisfying.

I'll still get Reach, but I don't think I'll be playing as much Pvp as I do MW:2.[/QUOTE]

I believe bungie said the flag dropping and picking up issue will be worked on so that it is less frequent

anyone have an extra code left to PM me please, thanks, i have some codes to trade. i don't have ODST (which u need to keep in the 360 to play the beta) and i've looked on google, twitter, fb, forums, contests, etc. for the past days and no luck at all.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']My ass was fine doing my own thing, I didn't need your "help". You, on the other hand, wouldn't have scored without me being that dude.

Quit acting like you're better than me :cool:[/QUOTE]

Your both bad...

...oh snap.

Can anyone explain to me why, in Stockpile, the blue drop area is marked with a red arrow on the HUD and the red drop area is marked with a blue arrow? What the fuck is up with that? Confused the hell out of me.

Another confirmed fix for stockpile has to do with scoring. They are going to fix the glitch where people can pick up your flag if you drop it in the circle and take your point

[quote name='life.exe']Your both bad...

...oh snap.[/QUOTE]

I don't submit for one second that I'm good at Reach, nor do I want to. The game in its current state is a piece of shit. Halo was always a game of finesse, and with this beta and Halo 3, Bungie made the MP aspect into a big AR/grenade clusterfuck to appeal to shitty players who couldn't 4-shot BR players in Halo 2 to save their lives.

The only reason why I continue to play it is because everyone that I normally play MP games with are playing it, and that so far, is pretty mcuh the only way I've had fun with the beta.

But yeah, I do suck.

I'd rather have the game more balanced like this than just having one dominate weapon. I hate when games do that. Halo 1 was the sniper pistol, Halo 2/3 was BR and nothing else. It has turned into a venerable cluster f*ck of grenade throwing and AR spraying but more balanced weapons is not a bad thing at all. If they gave the pistol one or two more bullets or slightly more power it would be awesome but its still much better than the AR and I don't get why people always drop the pistol first.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I don't think it's necessarily because of your deep voice, that unfortunate racial eptitaph gets thrown around on XBL no matter what racial group those nasty little 13 year-olds think you belong to.[/QUOTE]

Nah, they've specified that they thought I was really a black man. Even friends of friends thought so, LOL> I still don't get it.

LinkinPrime- RE: headsets. I do that for most games, but I've met many good online friends- 3 who I met in person later on- through Halo2, so I don't want to cut off that opportunity.

EDIT: Panda, grenades were spammed just as much in halo 3,. from my experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back