Halo: Reach

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Okay thanks, is that a new gun or just a fancy name for the sniper rifle or battle rifle?[/QUOTE]

It is taking the place of the Battle Rifle and it is single shot instead of a burst shot.

If anyone wants to play send me a FR. Only gotten a hour or so in with the Beta but looking for some skilled people to play with.

It sucks that you need a full party for Team Slayer, yet you can pick Grab Bag when you're all by your lonesome, and get thrown into team matches... one of which is Team Slayer. Okay then.

Has anyone gotten there free Halo Reach Beta Code from Microsoft for being a big Halo 2 player yet?

The beta is tomorrow, is that when we get the email?

I've never heard of such a thing. However, I played Halo 2 more than any other game by far. I don't even need the beta code, since (A) I got one early and (B) I have ODST.

Bungie says that Microsoft is planning to send out the codes tomorrow for Halo 2 vets. They also said that it could take a few days for them to reach everyone.

[quote name='Fjordson']Bungie says that Microsoft is planning to send out the codes tomorrow for Halo 2 vets. They also said that it could take a few days for them to reach everyone.[/QUOTE]

can you post or send me the article that states that?

They also said that if you didn't receive an e-mail a while back saying you'd get one, you won't get one. I played Halo 2 religiously and got nothing.

No, you won't. The codes were given out so people could download the beta early. There is no code in ODST. You simply play from the "Extras" menu on the disc. You'll probably have to download the 1 gig+ file that we did, though.

314bdeb9e00ab4e.jpg

Great comparison of the Elite models from Halo 3 compared to Reach.

Some people simply should have been aborted.

In my first extended play session with the Reach beta, I ran into my first shitdick. The game was Oddball. Admittedly, I sucked. I was never good at that game, and I am very rusty at Halo.

I had my mic muted the whole game. After the game, someone named I Norman I said, "Thanks for not talking, Matt Young." I replied, "You're welcome". He didn't like that.

He went on to rip me, saying I contributed nothing to the team and that he had to "carry my ass". He kept talking about how awesome he was. Guess what? He scored 14 points in Oddball. I scored 7. The other 2 guys on our team were in the 40's. Norm didn't carry anybody. Our two teammates carried both of us.

Ah, shit talking little kids... how I missed thee.

Still waiting for them to put up the beta on the odst disc.

Oh well, guess I can wait till tomorrow as I'll be busy later.

It's going to be out "late morning PDT". It's 10 after 6 right now.

Fun from the GameFAQs Reach board:

[quote name='Dan_thesandman']it's kinda screwed up how people who BOUGHT the game have to wait but jerks who didn't buy it still get to play cause their "hommies" got them a code.

shows how much bungie cares for people who buy their crappy rehashes.[/quote]

[quote name='xXxMattYoungxXx']Dan, you are not very bright. Nobody's "homies" got them a code. Bungie gave out a couple thousand. Various other sites gave out thousands more. Don't hate.

And even though I got a code Thursday, I do own ODST.[/quote]

Dan_thesandman
That's not the point XXXXXXXMATTXXXXYOUNGXXX. In fact I don't wanna explain it to you jacka**.

[quote name='xXxMattYoungxXx']
Haha... Very well said. Eloquently put. I am amazed that you have not won many prestigious awards for your writing prowess. I will now leave to re-evaluate my outlook on life. This will be a time of great reflection and the perusal of the deepest reaches of my mind. I will come out a more enlightened individual, at one with the universe.[/quote]

To me, late morning is anything past 9AM since the morning to me starts at 2AM and I wake up between 5 and 6AM. Doubt it means that to Bungie though, oh well. This gives me time to work on my virtual linux server network for a few hours I guess.

I hate being CST/CDT when they give out PST/PDT times.

[quote name='Matt Young']It's going to be out "late morning PDT". It's 10 after 6 right now.[/QUOTE]

Well, now I'm not so pissed at myself for forgetting to check if the beta was up before I went to work.

Don't even know if I'll be able to play it at all tonight. I don't pay for high speed download internet service, so it'll probably take a couple hours for the damn thing to download.

I played Halo 2 the last two official days it was up. They only gave beta codes to people who stayed on two weeks past that.

No, they did a thing where they gave some ms points and a code and some other shit to randomly selected players that were playing Halo 2 before it shut down.

[quote name='Matt Young']No, you won't. The codes were given out so people could download the beta early. There is no code in ODST. You simply play from the "Extras" menu on the disc. You'll probably have to download the 1 gig+ file that we did, though.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to play Tribes that bad anyway...

For those of you who haven't played the beta yet let me give you a few tips...

1. The needler riffle is automatic. Took me 40 games to figure that out...
2. Do not betray your teammates, you will be kicked not only from the game but the beta entirely
3. Explosives are really fucking strong, grenades n rockets are killers
4. Spartan 3's are like white basketball players they are slow and can't jump high, be prepared
5. Armor is more than cosmetic it apparently enhances certain abilities so choose wisely
6. Finally, the needler + jetpack = really fucking effective at raining down death

Haha, I beat LinkinPrime! Thus, I win his mod spot, but he does have an automatic rematch clause which he will probably cash in at Over The Limit.

[quote name='VipFREAK']So, there's no "code" involved? I just stick the game in and play it... ? I fucking hate this beta run around bull.[/QUOTE]

Chill, bro. There is no need to have an aneurysm over a video game beta of all things.

[quote name='Swift900']Chill, bro. There is no need to have an aneurysm over a video game beta of all things.[/QUOTE]

No, he is negative about everything. I'm not sure I've ever seen him say anything positive about a game yet.

EDIT: Good, it looks like I started the download soon enough to finish it before the download lag kicks in.

[quote name='VipFREAK']So, there's no "code" involved? I just stick the game in and play it... ? I fucking hate this beta run around bull.[/QUOTE]

You're a retard.

Played it some more and I'm still pretty eh on it...let a friend try it and he felt the same way.

I guess I was expecting more of an overhaul...that and I'm used to games like CoD and Battlefield where you can kill some quickly.

1. Reach beta goes live.
2. I post on Facebook: Come download the beta and join me!
3. At the same time, I message my 16 online XBL friends that it's out.
4. Within 3 minutes, everyone on my list besides 2 who don't own ODST were downloading the beta.

I just hope the servers don't go crazy, jumping from 6,000 people to God knows how many.

What was the point of them switching the default controls after four games? Thank God there's an option to go back to the way it was.

They said it fit more with their new setup. But they don't have the actual classic controls. They have a scheme that is similar, but a couple buttons have different functions.

Downloading now. I've been sitting at 1% for the past couple minutes, so maybe I'll finish before midnight?

Very excited to finally get in and feel it out.

[quote name='Matt Young']They said it fit more with their new setup. But they don't have the actual classic controls. They have a scheme that is similar, but a couple buttons have different functions.[/QUOTE]

That's weak. First thing I was going to do was switch it back.

Mine downloaded faster than expected, but I couldn't get in a game. After trying for like 20 minutes, I turned it off. Hoping it works better tomorrow.

it's been more down that up the last few hours... have gotten 4 games in. Hopefully it's better in the next few days when there are 500K people downloading the thing at once.

I downloaded it and it keeps saying server is busy or down. I think its pretty lame that I cannot even start to play but I have it downloaded.

once the ****load of people stop downloading and the server breaths it might become fine. right now my download is a 90% and its taken almost 2 hours

bread's done
Back