Halo: Reach

Say, anyone looking for a deal on this should check out Costco.com. They have the regular for $49.99 shipped, the limited for $74.99 shipped, and the legendary for $139.99 shipped. Pretty good deals. Definitely the best deals on the limited and legendary as far as price goes. If you're looking at content though, I still think full price at GS will be best.

would they be SAFE to play it offline (unplugging internet)? just a question. i don't have it. you hear me internet police.

less than 26 days

[quote name='Trakan']Yes. Please, refrain from posting any kind of spoiler for Halo Reach in this thread.

There are other sites to go to if you want to read/discuss it.[/QUOTE] theres also a spoiler button

[quote name='timesplitt']would they be SAFE to play it offline (unplugging internet)? just a question. i don't have it. you hear me internet police.

less than 26 days

theres also a spoiler button[/QUOTE]

I *think* so, but you never know. As far as I know, the people that downloaded it off the XBOX live servers haven't leaked it yet, so you wouldn't be able to get your hands on it right now, but I'm sure in the next couple of days we will start seeing the real leaks pouring out.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Maybe linkin prime will tell us how the game is?[/QUOTE]

???

Unless Amazon is somehow traveling back in time from the future to get it to me before release date, I don't see how.

The leak is official now, and even the mods over at Bungie's forums are encouraging people not to post any spoilers.

"Posting to Discuss, Request, or Link To information or campaign spoilers from illegitimately obtained sources -- including illegitimately obtained copies of Halo: Reach -- before the game is officially released will be considered a leak and will be treated as such," the message said.

"The moderation team is doing their best, but if you want to stay 100% spoiler free, our best advice is to 'go dark' by staying off all internet gaming forums until you have played through the game!"

In a weird sense of honor, the hackers has contended that they will not distribute the game...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1114826p1.html

Hopefully they stay true to their word and keep it to themselves. We all know how viral spoilers can be and how hard it is to avoid.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']The leak is official now, and even the mods over at Bungie's forums are encouraging people not to post any spoilers.

In a weird sense of honor, the hackers has contended that they will not distribute the game...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1114826p1.html

Hopefully they stay true to their word and keep it to themselves. We all know how viral spoilers can be and how hard it is to avoid.[/QUOTE]

They say that for everything. Apparently it is spreading pretty rapidly through that scenes inner circle and they expect a public release at some point.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']???

Unless Amazon is somehow traveling back in time from the future to get it to me before release date, I don't see how.[/QUOTE]

ODST ring any bells?

[quote name='life.exe']They say that for everything. Apparently it is spreading pretty rapidly through that scenes inner circle and they expect a public release at some point.[/QUOTE]

can't wait :applause:

[quote name='timesplitt']would they be SAFE to play it offline (unplugging internet)? just a question. i don't have it. you hear me internet police.

less than 26 days

theres also a spoiler button[/QUOTE]

Maybe you don't remember what happened with Heavy Rain (although that wasn't in a thread, but posted as a thread title in the deals forum).

I don't mind discussion, but some people just do it out of spite. This year I have had 4-5 titles "spoiled" because someone didn't use a spoiler or just blatantly posted the ending.

Thanks for posting a warning Traken.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']???

Unless Amazon is somehow traveling back in time from the future to get it to me before release date, I don't see how.[/QUOTE]
It's possible because you pirate video games.

According to a story from a Gamescom attendee, another Forge World map will be revealed by Bungie on Saturday, August 21st. Folks at Gamescom explained that after the camera, video taping the Halo Reach Campaign, turned off, Brian Jarrard continued to play Halo Reach and speak to the audience.
He then told everyone that another Forge World map will be revealed. Other attendees also explained that this map will have different climate than other areas of Forge world. A snowy terrain perhaps? As of now, we have no clue. Only time will tell.
As amazing as this sounds, this is still classified as a rumor. However it is a very highly supported rumor. If this rumor is true, which is likely, this Forge World area should be revealed tomorrow to the public. Be on a close lookout for this additional Forge World area.

http://halo3blogs.com/2010/08/21/gamescom-halo-reach-forge-world-map/

Looks like one of the forge world maps will have a different climate associated with it.

I'm guessing there is a snow area of the map that they haven't showed us yet.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']need some things cleared up. what pre-order bonuses are there (or were)? I heard there was a special helmet at gamestop (and saw some on ebay a while back). then I read something about armor? what's going on and how did pre-order [xbl] codes get sent out already?

note that I'm new to pre-order bonuses such as in game content [read re-order dlc][/QUOTE]

Those ebay sellers are just selling you their code before they even have it. I'd be wary of buying something they don't have yet.

[quote name='help1']Cage is the predecessor to Lockout.[/QUOTE]
Cage came before Lockout?

[quote name='Brak']Cage came before Lockout?[/QUOTE]

According to the Bungie Update, Cage was created from the blueprints from an early version of Lockout.

Sorry for the confusion.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']That video really bothered me...who the hell doesn't ever scope in?[/QUOTE]

You talking about the Sniper one? because that irked me, too.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did Bungie ever announce what those who played Halo 2 on its last days are going to get on Reach?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's covered in the Bungie weekly update and it's just a bit of flair.

What it is w/ pic behind spoiler.
An icon beside your name,

Another spoiler tag if you don't want to see it
nameplateimages.jpg
[quote name='bungie.net']
From top to bottom:

• The Septagon – This option returns for anyone who links their LIVE account to their Bungie.net account.
  • The DMR – A pro weapon for Pro members. Get Bungie Pro to bump up your File Share, render videos, and get this emblem. Active subscriptions bought in Halo 3 or Halo 3: ODST carry over to Halo: Reach, of course.
  • Marathon – Play the full version of Marathon: Durandal on Xbox LIVE Arcade to enable the Pfhor Terminal emblem.
  • Halo 1 – Enter your Halo 1 PC/Mac product key to enable this emblem. Each key can only be used once, so you’d better stop reading this and grab that key before your brother does. Since we have no way to validate who has played the Xbox version, this emblem is reserved for that dedicated community of computer gamers, with over 50k unique users still active each month, 7 years after release. Thanks for sticking with us. It’s been quite a ride!
  • Halo 2 – Automatically available if you played Halo 2 for Xbox on your LIVE account before its tearful retirement. If it’s not active for you, no amount of wheedling will change that, sorry.
  • Halo 3 – Take a guess… On the plus side, there’s plenty of time to head to your local purveyor of fine, shrink-wrapped games to snag a copy if you’re the one person who actually reads the news on our site and hasn’t played this game.
  • Halo 3: ODST – Ditto.
  • Assault Rifle – This fine armament goes to anyone who played the Halo: Reach beta a few months ago.
  • Spartan Helmet – CLASSIFIED
  • HALO – Like Blamite out of a Needler, these faceplate options can supercombine. Unlock the emblems for Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 to get this special emblem.
  • The Star – Who knows? We haven’t come up with a use for this yet. Maybe we will in the future.

Not pictured, but of course returning, is the ‘Bungie’ staff emblem, awarded for successfully negotiating the obstacle course that begins at bungie.net/jobs. (Good luck, you're gonna need it.)
[/QUOTE]

I think I can get all of those that they announced. But my Bungie Pro is expired now. I don't feel like renewing it for that. Now to find a PC Halo 1 and go play Marathon on my friends Xbox, I'm not buyin it.

[quote name='help1']According to the Bungie Update, Cage was created from the blueprints from an early version of Lockout.[/QUOTE]
Mhmm.

The gamertag flairs are pretty cool. Only one I won't have is the Marathon one, and possibly the Spartan helmet depending on what it is.

[quote name='reddjoey']Those ebay sellers are just selling you their code before they even have it. I'd be wary of buying something they don't have yet.[/QUOTE]

never planned on buying codes, just wondering. I just want to see what the best pre-order bonuses are.

[quote name='reddjoey']Yes. It's covered in the Bungie weekly update and it's just a bit of flair.

What it is w/ pic behind spoiler.
An icon beside your name,

Another spoiler tag if you don't want to see it
nameplateimages.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Not what I was hoping for but I guess its something.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']never planned on buying codes, just wondering. I just want to see what the best pre-order bonuses are.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy, Toys R Us, Amazon, and I think pretty much every other major retailer will have this:

Reach_bonusLG.jpg

Gamestop will also have the above Recon helmet and they are the only ones to have this additional armor set:

Reach_Armor_bonusLG.jpg

There is a YOUTUBE video that shows a showing off Forge mode and also all the Armor unlocks !!

I am not going to post the video because I am sure there are some people who dont want to see any spoilers

P.S. this guy with the video has one of the leaked copies ;)

Do you have to pre-order to get the codes? I hate pre-ordering...

What's some opinions on the best place/deal to pick it up release night...

[quote name='iHack']Do you have to pre-order to get the codes? I hate pre-ordering...

What's some opinions on the best place/deal to pick it up release night...[/QUOTE]

Look at linkinprime's post 2 posts above yours. Gamestop is your best bet

Not always. Sometimes different stores have better swag for the midnight launch. For ODST, Best Buy had a small frisbee and GS had nothing. It's all about what your local stores are doing.

If you are looking at the armor stuff, then GameStop is probably the best best.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The armors are just visual flairs right? They don't add anything like extra protection, extra grenades, extra damage...etc.[/QUOTE]

Nope. They are purely cosmetic.

I would be willing to bet that the Gamestop armor piece would sell for $15-$20 on ebay.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The armors are just visual flairs right?[/QUOTE]

Spartan, I'm going to need you to express yourself with more flair.

flairofficespace.jpg

[quote name='reddjoey']Not always. Sometimes different stores have better swag for the midnight launch. For ODST, Best Buy had a small frisbee and GS had nothing. It's all about what your local stores are doing.

If you are looking at the armor stuff, then GameStop is probably the best best.[/QUOTE]

I dont think best buy really cares about reach

[quote name='BingoBrown']Spartan, I'm going to need you to express yourself with more flair.

flairofficespace.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Photoshop a spartan helmet on Jennifer Aniston's body and it'd be perfect. :lol:

[quote name='Gamer SDP']if those armor things are just visual customizations then I'll be pre-ordering from GS and maybe Amazon. then just sell the extra copy.[/QUOTE]

No need to do both. Gamestop is also getting the helmet that Amazon is getting...in fact I think everyone is, I have a feeling that it will just be packaged into the first pressing of the games. The only true "exclusive" item is the Gamestop armor so far.

Why do people pay $15-20 for dumbass pre-order DLC? Wouldn't it just be cheaper to, ya know, pre-order it themselves instead of paying $60 + $15 for extra crap?

The RDR ones were the funniest ones. When I sold a code for golden guns & a horse for more than the game cost, I knew people had issues.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I sold one of the Transformers WFC codes for $70 on eBay, that's the most I've gotten out of an "exclusive".[/QUOTE]

I got $15 the day before the $10 DLC with ALL the characters was released.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']I dont think best buy really cares about reach[/QUOTE]

My local BB has the preorder cards up everywhere they can logically place them and signs about the midnight launch. Perhaps YMMV?

Has anyone heard anything on what's happening that night?? Like what stores are doing, or is it pretty much a straight-up "get your game and move on" deal. Any info would be helpful, especially if anyone knows what swag each store will have!!!!

[quote name='reddjoey']My local BB has the preorder cards up everywhere they can logically place them and signs about the midnight launch. Perhaps YMMV?[/QUOTE]

I know your right, while sometimes it sucks and sometimes its good, I just think GS has better pre-order deals. On the codes thing, like LP said everybody is getting the recon helmet. Only GS has something exclusive. You think with a game this big there would be more exclusives like other games. I am pretty sure bungie did not want something like that.

For selling codes, if any of you have a PS3 and play MAG. The pre-order American faction code was selling for up to 100 bucks on ebay. Just to look different. A couple months ago Zipper released them all for free I believe.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']I know your right, while sometimes it sucks and sometimes its good, I just think GS has better pre-order deals. On the codes thing, like LP said everybody is getting the recon helmet. Only GS has something exclusive. You think with a game this big there would be more exclusives like other games. I am pretty sure bungie did not want something like that.

For selling codes, if any of you have a PS3 and play MAG. The pre-order American faction code was selling for up to 100 bucks on ebay. Just to look different. A couple months ago Zipper released them all for free I believe.[/QUOTE]

GS has the best preorders because they are the largest game retailer in the US.

Back OT, wasn't GS originally getting a slightly different recon helmet before they announced the keg belly set?

Nevermind that was the Day 1 pickup helmet.

For those that forgot
500x_freehat.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5546585/heres-your-special-launch+day-halo-reach-hat

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back