Halo: Reach

BTW This is the avatar flaming helmet:

haloreachdlc.jpg

Kinda weak IMO, but I figured they weren't going to be able to pull off any flame effects.

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the ODST helmet featured in the flaming ad? Does that infact mean that I can wear any helmet and make it flaming? because I wouldn't even know what that would be under...accessory? but I like my chocobo.

lame as it make be, it's a bonus freebie and ppl love bonus swag.

aiight.

so if you want the flaming avatar helmet, you gotta go to GS and sign up for the PowerUp Rewards card which is free then on preorder the DLC noble map pack...like the Rzone or a Duande Reade card etc. Then go online, activate your card and follow the instructions etc. Then they email your code so you don't have to go back to the store. Pretty simple.

[quote name='100xp']aiight.

so if you want the flaming avatar helmet, you gotta go to GS and sign up for the PowerUp Rewards card which is free then on preorder the DLC noble map pack...like the Rzone or a Duande Reade card etc. Then go online, activate your card and follow the instructions etc. Then they email your code so you don't have to go back to the store. Pretty simple.[/QUOTE]

Ya I think I am going to go do this right now.

apparently there's a server problem where everyone on the b.net website is rank capped again, causing quite a stir. bwahahahaha. *regains composure* hopefully it's them updating the server so spartan avatars on the website are going to be updated.

99% of the Firefight challenges can be done in Gruntpocalypse which is single player. They certainly go quicker than standard FF matches.

the FF challenge today involves the TD, that's why...that only comes up in randoms FF and in regular FF, not rocketfight or sniperfight which a lot of ppl tend to vote for.

[quote name='Corvin']99% of the Firefight challenges can be done in Gruntpocalypse which is single player. They certainly go quicker than standard FF matches.[/QUOTE]

I thought it had to be firefight matchmaking. If not I guess i'll start doing those ff challenges.

[quote name='jjunior1212']I thought it had to be firefight matchmaking. If not I guess i'll start doing those ff challenges.[/QUOTE]

the only FF challenges that can't be done in Score Attack (solo) currently are Target Designator kills and earning Assists (naturally). I haven't tried Mythic Scoreattack yet so I don't know what spawns there and on what map.

[quote name='100xp']the FF challenge today involves the TD, that's why...that only comes up in randoms FF and in regular FF, not rocketfight or sniperfight which a lot of ppl tend to vote for.[/QUOTE]

Hence the "99%." ;)

[quote name='100xp']the only FF challenges that can't be done in Score Attack (solo) currently are Target Designator kills and earning Assists (naturally). I haven't tried Mythic Scoreattack yet so I don't know what spawns there and on what map.[/QUOTE]

That's really good to know. Thanks.

Yep, score attack counts as firefight matchmaking. That's mainly what I've been doing for the past month. Just knocking out FF challenges in Gruntpacolypse on my way up to Lt. Col (at Major 3rd grade now so, almost there finally).

Support Structure

Earn 30 assists in Firefight Matchmaking...600 cR? (garbage)

However, a way to get instant Assist Sprees is Rocketfight. When a drop pod touches down and the Mythic skull is on, fire a rocket next to the drop pod and hope your teammates do the same. Whoever hits the group first will usually net 4-5 assists when the 2nd rocket hits. (usually)

the other surefire (literally) is Snipe the turret on an incoming Phantom, most randoms will also be trying to do this in Sniperfight. You can earn a few assists this way too...if you play with a bud you can rack up more planned assists quicker.

The 70 kills w/the needler or needle rifle has to be a supercombine explosion kill. Jump into Rocketfight/Sniperfight (cause you're trying to get assists anyway) so you get unlimited ammo and go to town. Or you can make an effort and hammer them out in Scoreattack whilst nading the opposition. I did all but the assist challenge in 3 scoreattacks. I'm sure overachievers can do it in 2.

Hope that helps anyone who isn't a FF ninja already.

How did everyone do the "kill 200 Grunts in campaign" challenge yesterday?

I went to Sword Base and killed the initial 4-5 Grunts that jump over the barrier at the beginning, then ran up the ramp to the right and straight ahead to the edge of the ledge to take out the 2-3 Grunts that come around the corner that leads down to the target locator. I kept playing that section over and over, sometimes taking out some of the Elites if I felt like it.

I was at around 80/200 kills when I realized I had left the difficulty set on Heroic from the last time I played campaign for a challenge. Once I switched back to Normal, it was a lot easier.

Tried to knock some of today's out at lunch. That Pink Mist hardly seems worth the 1000. I played three matches and am sitting at 41/70.

I do like the fact that someone at Bungie is a Friday Night Lights fan given the weekly challenge.

100xp trying to save you time w/the daily challenge update.

Credits for Completion (800 cR)

Complete 8 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.

This one glitches for some reason, when you actually get the completion it doesn't register until after you are awarded cR for the game...hence no challenge bonus. At least to my buds and I have noticed.

-
Close Talking (1000 cR)

Earn 20 kills with close quarters combat in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Sword kills count as two for this one. Infection (living dead) is the quickest way to earn this along with completing 8 games in MM.

Seems like, with the release of Black Ops, the community for this is reduced the dredges of society. In the last week, I have been teamkilled about a dozen times for having the nerve to pick a weapon.

Depends on what time you play, some matches are great. No betrayals, no teabagging ppl you didn't kill, and actual signs of pursuing the objective...other days, not so much. Wait til the noble map pack hits, there should be plenty more to complain about whilst having fun.

[quote name='GUNNM']Survival of the fittest. Is it my fault you have your back towards me and have acquired a weapon that I need to kill?[/QUOTE]

This is not real life prick. What kind of asshole betrays for a weapon? You should of got it first or wait the two and half minutes it takes for the weapon to respawn. Don't ruin someone else's experience because you did not get the weapon first. Some people just amaze me how childish they can be.

It's not survival of the fittest when you're playing a team game. Don't screw up the team's chance of winning, just so you can boost your sad and pathetic ego by getting easy Halo kills. I would say he was just trolling, but I've seen the things he posts on here. He's dead serious, which makes me glad I don't think I've run into him in Reach, yet. What a tool. This is the kind of guy who constantly votes for Hemorrhage, and then when he doesn't get the sniper rifle, he just quits.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']This is the kind of guy who constantly votes for Hemorrhage, and then when he doesn't get the sniper rifle, he just quits.[/QUOTE]QFT.:rofl:

lol, that's the guy that thought the weapons in Black Ops actually fit the time period.

At least we can all take solace in the fact that Capcom raped his favorite series.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']This is not real life prick.[/QUOTE]
Case closed. Sometimes I like to bash my partners shield in invasion as he moves forward to catch a capture point just to see him die quicker and laugh as he looks back at me with a puzzled expression.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']It's not survival of the fittest when you're playing a team game. Don't screw up the team's chance of winning, just so you can boost your sad and pathetic ego by getting easy Halo kills. I would say he was just trolling, but I've seen the things he posts on here. He's dead serious, which makes me glad I don't think I've run into him in Reach, yet. What a tool. This is the kind of guy who constantly votes for Hemorrhage, and then when he doesn't get the sniper rifle, he just quits.[/QUOTE]
I vote hemorrhage and dashboard quickly out because its a horrible map and doesn't count against you if you quit before the game starts. :bouncy:

Just found out that the second add on for Gungnir helmet requires the rank of Mythic...WHAT!? That's 5,650,000 cR!!1 Looks like it will take a few months until I get the huanted helmet because I still need 3,300,000 cR T-T

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']This is not real life prick. What kind of asshole betrays for a weapon? You should of got it first or wait the two and half minutes it takes for the weapon to respawn. Don't ruin someone else's experience because you did not get the weapon first. Some people just amaze me how childish they can be.[/QUOTE]

Blah blah blah. If you pick up a Sniper rifle and use 12 bullets to kill 2 people, then the next time you pick it up, I'm betraying you. It's so frustrating when you're losing a game, because your sniper can't provide any support for you at all and just sits back in the worst spot of the map. Before you actually pick up a weapon, at least make sure you are decent with it. If that means going to Team Snipers to practice your sniping, then go do it. Otherwise, leave the weapons for people that can actually use them.

Amisdt all the friend requests for being a colonel...I got my first "noob" hater msg when I hit brigader. hah ahah aha. The ironic thing was he did horribly in today's match.

@popular penguin - wait what? This guy has a screenshot of it in his fileshare...he also has what looks to be the robot arm w/armor that normally doesn't come with it. He's not even brigader yet and he's clearly wearing it + an attachment (which seems off for some reason).

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4711867&player=Fatalpath

idk, it's a tough trade off between a guy who gets 2 kills with 12 bullets and doesn't die, vs. them running into the fray and dying 6-8 times and potentially alerting the other team of your position(s). Wait what? The sniper rifle starts with 8 bullets in MM doesn't it? How can you say that, you've played only 1 game of MM out of 8 games total.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had all of my campaign progress lost today, is there any way I can get it back and does anyone know what caused the loss? The last three or four days I've played Reach it's always given me the little "Are you a boy or a girl?" menu and told me about new armor unlocks and stuff and today it was very surprising to find it had done away with all my solo legendary campaign progress.

Edit: WOO! I made Captain today, too!

I had all of my campaign progress lost today, is there any way I can get it back and does anyone know what caused the loss? The last three or four days I've played Reach it's always given me the little "Are you a boy or a girl?" menu and told me about new armor unlocks and stuff and today it was very surprising to find it had done away with all my solo legendary campaign progress.

Edit: WOO! I made Captain today, too!

No you cannot, it happened to me too.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Blah blah blah. If you pick up a Sniper rifle and use 12 bullets to kill 2 people, then the next time you pick it up, I'm betraying you. It's so frustrating when you're losing a game, because your sniper can't provide any support for you at all and just sits back in the worst spot of the map. Before you actually pick up a weapon, at least make sure you are decent with it. If that means going to Team Snipers to practice your sniping, then go do it. Otherwise, leave the weapons for people that can actually use them.[/QUOTE]

Your such a fool, You don't ruin someone else's experience, because you think he is not good with the sniper rifle. Wait the two fucking minutes and grab it. If you can't keep track of power weapons when they spawn, don't come in this thread to try and make your actions justified. The damn weapons respawn, it's not like they appear only once in the game. Maybe YOU should play team snipers, if thats all you want to do is snipe.

EDIT: Yeah saw that too 100xp, hope he plays on another account or he needs to STFU!!!

[quote name='100xp']Amisdt all the friend requests for being a colonel...I got my first "noob" hater msg when I hit brigader. hah ahah aha. The ironic thing was he did horribly in today's match.

@popular penguin - wait what? This guy has a screenshot of it in his fileshare...he also has what looks to be the robot arm w/armor that normally doesn't come with it. He's not even brigader yet and he's clearly wearing it + an attachment (which seems off for some reason).

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4711867&player=Fatalpath[/QUOTE]

What an awesome helmet.

[quote name='Ma12kez']QFT.:rofl:[/QUOTE]

Right? LOL. I don't think I have ever finished a game on that map where everyone actually stays, but prior to the game, the map gets like 6 or 7 votes (definitely not mine).

[quote name='100xp']

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4711867&player=Fatalpath[/QUOTE]

The helmet looks odd because it is missing a flashlight on its right side. And that chest piece does not have the robo arm. That is so strange. I seriously think he hacked the game.

[quote name='100xp']idk, it's a tough trade off between a guy who gets 2 kills with 12 bullets and doesn't die, vs. them running into the fray and dying 6-8 times and potentially alerting the other team of your position(s). Wait what? The sniper rifle starts with 8 bullets in MM doesn't it? How can you say that, you've played only 1 game of MM out of 8 games total.[/QUOTE]

If you're going in after the enemies with a sniper, then you're an idiot (not talking about you) =/. There are many good camping spots with the sniper in these maps, but the people I'm talking about are the people who just camp in the most obvious spots and are always being shot at and wasting bullets because they keep getting hit and zoomed out of the weapon. It happens all the time in matchmaking. And my other tag is Mr Arbitrage. Haven't updated my CAG profile, yet.

Doesn't the sniper start with 4 bullets and then 2 clips, so 12 total? I might be wrong. I'm never the person who picks up the Sniper in matchmaking. It's usually my teammate since he's better than me at sniping.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']

Your such a fool, You don't ruin someone else's experience, because you think he is not good with the sniper rifle. Wait the two fucking minutes and grab it. If you can't keep track of power weapons when they spawn, don't come in this thread to try and make your actions justified. The damn weapons respawn, it's not like they appear only once in the game. Maybe YOU should play team snipers, if thats all you want to do is snipe.

EDIT: Yeah saw that too 100xp, hope he plays on another account or he needs to STFU!!![/QUOTE]

No, you're the fool. Why should I let some idiot sniper ruin my experience because he feels the need to pick up a weapon he sucks with? Go practice with it and then use it. I don't want to lose a team slayer game because someone picked up the sniper and doesn't know how to use it and in most cases, ends up giving it to the enemy team.

Weapons do respawn, but guess what? They don't respawn if the Sniper is still in your teammates hand. Bravo, he survived 2.5 minutes with the sniper and didn't die, but he still didn't get any kills with it. I actually do play snipers a lot. Not because I like sniping so much, but because it's the only gametype that I actually like. I hate the AAs and can't wait for the MLG playlist to kick in so I don't have to deal with the AA bullshit.

Hey guy in invasion who just grabbed the sniper you see that banshee it only takes 4 bullets to drop and would make it easier for your team to steal the core. Oh you don't want to shoot down the banshee? Allllllright betrayal.

[quote name='GUNNM']Hey guy in invasion who just grabbed the sniper you see that banshee it only takes 4 bullets to drop and would make it easier for your team to steal the core. Oh you don't want to shoot down the banshee? Allllllright betrayal.[/QUOTE]

Jeez. I'm not that bad. I'm not going to betray someone because they won't shoot out a Banshee. You guys are assuming I betray everyone and anyone who takes a sniper. I don't. But if we're losing and you're sitting in a terrible corner of the map where you can't see anyone with 2 kills, and a full sniper rifle, you're getting betrayed because you obviously haven't helped the team at all.

Ruin your experience? :rofl: What would you classify betraying teammates over a weapon then, a weapon by your own account that you don't even want to pick up? There are two sides to every coin. So fucking what if a dude gets two kills with the sniper, if he used it up then he successfully prevented the enemy from using it on you and your team. That's a plus in my book.

You realize people do play Halo for fun right? It's not all about k/d ratios and stat whoring for everyone. If you're so xxxhardc0rexxx about losing a match because someone isn't a master sniper then go play in the freaking Arena or in Team Snipers as mentioned above, that's what they're there for.

[quote name='Corvin']Ruin your experience? :rofl: What would you classify betraying teammates over a weapon then, a weapon by your own account that you don't even want to pick up? There are two sides to every coin. So fucking what if a dude gets two kills with the sniper, if he used it up then he successfully prevented the enemy from using it on you and your team. That's a plus in my book.

You realize people do play Halo for fun right? It's not all about k/d ratios and stat whoring for everyone. If you're so xxxhardc0rexxx about losing a match because someone isn't a master sniper then go play in the freaking Arena or in Team Snipers as mentioned above, that's what they're there for.[/QUOTE]

You are right. There are two sides to every coin, so let's stop focusing on the one side that gets betrayed, hm? How about the side that ends up losing because some fucking idiot picked up a weapon he sucks with? He also successfully prevented a teammate that could have gotten more kills with it from using it. Not just the enemy team.

You do realize I play Halo for fun and fun to me is not losing, right? I just don't get how anyone can play a multiplayer game and consider getting rolled over by your opponents over and over "fun."

bread's done
Back