Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
JUST GO HERE FOR DEALS NOW: Credit over at DVDtalk.com
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=482461

Please feel free to post any HD-DVD / BD deals in this thread.

- Family Video Store for $5 off first time orders at http://www.familyvideo.com
This coupon is good for $5 off $5 and it's only .99 cents shipping for any size order.
Coupon code: NEWMEM96
Batman Begins HD-DVD ~ $17 shipped

- Google Checkout at BUY.com / CDUniverse.com / Bestprices.com have good deals (EXP 10/31)

- Amazon seems to have competitive prices on some also. 10 % off DEAL (order 3 and get 10% off and get 10% off for a year)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/102-4264254-3012160?ie=UTF8&nodeId=160066011

HD-DVD/Blu-Ray REVIEWS:
www.dvdtalk.com
www.highdefdigest.com

[quote name='DomLando']Same here.[/QUOTE]

Count me in for one too... good thing was it wasnt even red stickered... scanned it and YES... 4.98... along with the Fatal Frame 3 (last copy) I got from TRU... a nice shopping evening indeed

Last time I checked, local target had it for 13.xx skipped it.

Must go back to see if its still there for $5!

damn! I bought it last week when it was still 13.98! I havent opened it yet...is there a way to return/rebuy it or something?

Got one @ target for $4.98!

Lucky me, it was in a cart full of clearance stuff probably about to be put away after being out and not selling for weeks!

Ok, I can't seem to find this at any of the Targets near me. If anyone finds one for $4.98, I'll pay you $10. Quick way to make $5 and I (and my 360 HD Drive) would really appreciate it.

[quote name='varock']damn! I bought it last week when it was still 13.98! I havent opened it yet...is there a way to return/rebuy it or something?[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the same thing. Next time I go to Target, I want to input the DCPI number into one of the price scanners and make sure that the price dropped. Then I want to attempt a return/rebuy since they don't have price matching.

I was this close to just returning it because I was never really interested in the movie and just couldn't pass up a sub-$15 HD-DVD. But for less than $5, I'll keep it.

[quote name='zman73']I was told Target price matches their own prices up to two weeks after purchase, just not anyone elses[/quote] They do on sales and price cuts but not clearance. I used to work there back in the day ;)

[quote name='matowest']Ok, I can't seem to find this at any of the Targets near me. If anyone finds one for $4.98, I'll pay you $10. Quick way to make $5 and I (and my 360 HD Drive) would really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

If I find a copy, I'll send it to you for cost plus shipping. I already have a copy and it's a movie worth owning.

[quote name='matowest']Ok, I can't seem to find this at any of the Targets near me. If anyone finds one for $4.98, I'll pay you $10. Quick way to make $5 and I (and my 360 HD Drive) would really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

So $4.98+ tax is about $5.33. Add shipping (First Class, maybe $1.75), buying an envelope ($.50-0.79) and the time to write out your name and mail it out...wow. Yeah, awsome $2!

Sorry, I'll pay $14 bucks, then. Better now?

That's a full $5 plus a whole dollar more!

Far be it for me to ask someone to help a fellow CAG out.

Thanks nonametofame

Buy.com has Batman Begins HD back in stock. I got it and V for Vendetta for $31.xx.

If anyone's interested in The Adventures of Robin Hood HDDVD, i've got an extra copy i was given for the holidays. I'll sell it for $17 (including shipping).
Its open and viewed just once (my brother watched it before gifting it - which i also have done to him), and is in excellent condition.

I have probably went overboard with the google checkout deal (mostly at buy.com with a couple of orders @ dvdplanet) Would anyone care to recommend me any other hd-dvds before the GCO deal ends:

I have bought:
Batman Begins
King Kong
Mission Impossible
Mission Impossible II
Mission Impossible III
Unforgiven
Troy
Constantine
The Last Samurai
V for Vendetta
Chronos
The Bourne Supremeacy
Serenity
The Fast and the Furous
Hulk
Chronicles of Riddick
Pitch Black
The Mummy
Terminator 3
Sahara
2 Fast 2 Furious
Italian Job

I have on the way:

Dune
Goodfellas
The Searchers

I have rented or am renting:
Superman Returns
Doom
Slither

I was thinking of picking up V For Vendetta at DVD Planet but they only have the $10 off of $30 GCO discount. For my 2nd movie I'm torn between The Mummy and Sahara. I was also wondering about Serenity, never saw Firefly but loved Buffy and Angel and any other stuff Joss Whendon does. Would it be worth to just get the movie if I haven't seen the series or know anything about them?

The HD-DVDs @ amazon aren't bad--they average about $28 for the combos. I can't use buy.com because they rape me on shipping.

[quote name='gunm']The HD-DVDs @ amazon aren't bad--they average about $28 for the combos. I can't use buy.com because they rape me on shipping.[/QUOTE]

Shipping is free if you spend enough to use GCO.

[quote name='sman113']Shipping is free if you spend enough to use GCO.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but its ass 7-9 day shipping. Personally, I have Amazon Prime, so that makes buy.com alot less attractive to me. It didnt stop me from using the GCO for 4 HD-dvds though. Only because Im not in a hurry to get them.

Barnesandnoble.com has quite a few HD-DVDs on sale for their after christmas sale. I picked up Training Day and Friday Night Lights for $40 shipped. Some other titles that were included that I can remember off the top of my head are Army of Darkness, Goodfellas, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and the Bourne Supremacy but there were a lot more and almost every one was around $17-$18.

Here's the link to their HD-DVD section

Best Buy has a deal currently if you buy the HD-DVD player, you get TWO free HD-DVD's. The kicker is, order online (possibly in-store) and you can get the MI-3 collection and a few other "sets". The Sopranos set does not work....did not try Smallville. Nice deal. You can also get 2 MI sets....so, you could return/trade/ebay one....nice deal.

Walmart has most Bluray Discs at $19.99
The rest are $24.99, like The Decent at $24.99
Walmart is just starting to get BluRay and HD-DVDs.

[quote name='aiphanes']Walmart has most Bluray Discs at $19.99
The rest are $24.99, like The Decent at $24.99
Walmart is just starting to get BluRay and HD-DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. SOME Wal-Marts have BR/HD. They only have SOME of each title, usually the cheaper ones or most popular.

Probably not, but does anyone have any cheap leads on Fantastic Four and House of Flying Daggers cheap? both on BD

[quote name='Collectordragon']Are the Google Checkout deals over on every site that had them?[/QUOTE]

I think they are all dead....

I'm looking to score the DESCENT cheap, but I may just pass for now.

Not a deal, but this site has pretty cool alternate covers for your HD-DVD's and Blu-Ray Discs

http://www.eaprogramming.com/

Examples:
superman_returns_thumbnail.gif

underworld_evolution_br.gif

If you want good HD/BR deals...check out Blockbuster.

Thanks to the recent TRU clearance, some games could be purchased for $10 and traded in at any BB/GR for $24-28. That means it like getting an HD/BR title for $10!

[quote name='gizmogc']If you want good HD/BR deals...check out Blockbuster.![/QUOTE]

How so? With regular DVDs, even blockbuster's previewed prices were sometime more than buying the movies new.

[quote name='sman113']How so? With regular DVDs, even blockbuster's previewed prices were sometime more than buying the movies new.[/QUOTE]

BB prices are the same as Best Buys. Seriously. Best Buy sells HD/BR titles at MSRP while they usually discount other DVDs. Thats why they are the same.

*browses through the last few pages*

So...anything pop up that's better than the Amazon deal (+ prime) yet?

$18/disc (for most discs), shipped 2-day still sounds like the winner to me.

Caught a buddy's Fearless the other day, awesome...now I gotta get one for myself.

[quote name='cyberlian']I have probably went overboard with the google checkout deal (mostly at buy.com with a couple of orders @ dvdplanet) Would anyone care to recommend me any other hd-dvds before the GCO deal ends:

I have bought:
Batman Begins
King Kong
Mission Impossible
Mission Impossible II
Mission Impossible III
Unforgiven
Troy
Constantine
The Last Samurai
V for Vendetta
Chronos
The Bourne Supremeacy
Serenity
The Fast and the Furous
Hulk
Chronicles of Riddick
Pitch Black
The Mummy
Terminator 3
Sahara
2 Fast 2 Furious
Italian Job

I have on the way:

Dune
Goodfellas
The Searchers

Superman Returns
Doom
Slither[/quote]

Troy in HD would make me wet my pants

[quote name='cyberlian']I have probably went overboard with the google checkout deal (mostly at buy.com with a couple of orders @ dvdplanet) Would anyone care to recommend me any other hd-dvds before the GCO deal ends:

I have bought:
Batman Begins
King Kong
Mission Impossible
Mission Impossible II
Mission Impossible III
Unforgiven
Troy
Constantine
The Last Samurai
V for Vendetta
Chronos
The Bourne Supremeacy
Serenity
The Fast and the Furous
Hulk
Chronicles of Riddick
Pitch Black
The Mummy
Terminator 3
Sahara
2 Fast 2 Furious
Italian Job

I have on the way:

Dune
Goodfellas
The Searchers

Superman Returns
Doom
Slither[/QUOTE]

I know the GCO deal is over, but if you're looking for some hd-dvds to show off the pic and sound quality check out Hulk and King Kong.

Also, check out this thread over at avsforum to see a list of hddvds ranked in terms of their quality.

I have bought:
Batman Begins
King Kong
Mission Impossible
Mission Impossible II
Mission Impossible III
Unforgiven
Troy
Constantine
The Last Samurai
V for Vendetta
Chronos
The Bourne Supremeacy
Serenity
The Fast and the Furous
Hulk
Chronicles of Riddick
Pitch Black
The Mummy
Terminator 3
Sahara
2 Fast 2 Furious
Italian Job

I have on the way:

Dune
Goodfellas
The Searchers

Superman Returns
Doom
Slither[/QUOTE]
Have you got your Dune yet? I ordered mine back on the 21st of Dec along with Black Hawk Down and Hulk. I've recieved all but Dune. It was showing in stock for well over a week after I ordered now it's showing "on order".

I know it isnt much of a deal... but moviestop seems to have the best B&M combination of price and selection on these movies... best buy seems to charge list price on them, I noticed even Fry's was a couple bucks more... Target is nice, but the selection isn't... I am only up to 8 HD-DVD movies at the moment but will look for more (really want Hulk)

I think Hulk is a terrible movie, but it's supposed to be second in video quality only to King Kong... Which most of you probably already have, since it's included with the 360 HD-DVD player.

[quote name='eastx']I think Hulk is a terrible movie, but it's supposed to be second in video quality only to King Kong... Which most of you probably already have, since it's included with the 360 HD-DVD player.[/QUOTE]

I dont think it is a "great" movie, but not horrible either (would much much rather watch the olf Hulk TV series)... being a Hulk fan for years I was disappointed by the serious tone in the movie, but I still want this to show off on my HD-dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back