Heavy Rain: Director's Cut (PS3) - $14.99 @ Gamestop.com [OVER]

DreamStinger

CAGiversary!
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/heavy-rain-directors-cut/97992

Normally $29.99 MSRP, now on sale for $14.99! Online price only, not applicable to in-store pricing!

For those not familiar, the included content over the original release:

* Complete, original game, Heavy Rain
* Heavy Rain Chronicles: Episode 1 – The Taxidermist DLC
* Heavy Rain Original Videogame Score by award-winning film and television composer, Normand Corbeil (16 tracks)
* New front-end menu and interface with built-in Move support
* A series of 8 “Making of” Bonus Videos
* Three Dynamic Themes (Heavy Rain, Heavy Rain ARI Forest, Heavy Rain ARI Mars)
* 15 additional pieces of new concept art
* 2 bonus Trailers (Thank You Trailer, Love Trailer)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Avenged Crow']What the hell. I got the order to like $21 and now it wont give me free shipping.

The hell is going on?[/QUOTE]

It's Gamestop.

[quote name='Zin_LG']They gave me $10 for cancelling the $20 Dual Shock order so I used that to purchase this.[/QUOTE]

Who did you talk to, to get this?

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Who did you talk to, to get this?[/QUOTE]

Just reply to the cancellation email. They'll send you an apology email with a $10 code that expires in March 2012.

I ordered it and added Stranglehold (X360) for the filler because it said it would include FEAR 2 as a bonus. It didn't specify whether you had to buy new or used and neither showed in the cart when I tried placing them, so we'll see what I get. I'm not panicking over rewrapped stuff.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I just got an email with tracking number for Stranglehold; Chubby Rain is showing as "Open" on the site.[/QUOTE]
Chubby rain?

Can also confirm that Gamestop sells used games as new. About two years ago I purchased a copy of Soul Calibur IV "new" for about $25, which I was pretty content with. It wasn't until I had arrived home and actually started peeling the shrink-wrap from the case that I noticed it was different-looking. I ignored it thinking it was just Namco or something, but I definitely noticed it. However, the kicker was that after I had put the game in my Xbox, it stuttered five minutes in. Sure enough, the disc had a few small scratches. Unbelievable. Went in, returned the game, actually ended up giving them a piece of my mind as passive-aggressively as possible.

I don't think I've purchased a game from Gamestop since Brawl for that very reason. Never buy anything new from them. Really, the only excuse you should have buying from them is if you find a used gem there that you can't find anywhere else (and even then, that's pretty unlikely - considering they only have games from the previous gen).

/endrant

I'm the type of guy who never opens a sealed game unless I'm ready to play it.

What if I get this game resealed, opened it and found out it's used, I wonder how hard it will be to return it to GS...

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']I'm the type of guy who never opens a sealed game unless I'm ready to play it.

What if I get this game resealed, opened it and found out it's used, I wonder how hard it will be to return it to GS...[/QUOTE]

If you break/open the shrink wrap, they won't take it back at all.

In all honesty, it wouldn't be hard to sell used games as new. All you need is a shrink wrap machine and some like new copies of some games. Most people would never know the difference. Given the sheer amount of greed and corruption present in today's world of big corporate business, it wouldnt surprise me in the least.

[quote name='bob330i']If you break/open the shrink wrap, they won't take it back at all.[/QUOTE]

This is what pisses me of about GS, they have no problem selling opened new copies of games, but they Bish about returning a new sealed game that you opened. They somehow can't accept that.

Guess I'm the only one who doesn't care about the shrinkwrap on my game. I just want the game, I don't really care about some plastic I'm going to throw away as soon as it arrives.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'm still debating on getting this version of the game. I still have the original version of Heavy Rain sealed in my backlog.[/QUOTE]

You might be better off just buying the DLC. If you even want it when the time comes.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']This is what pisses me of about GS, they have no problem selling opened new copies of games, but they Bish about returning a new sealed game that you opened. They somehow can't accept that.[/QUOTE]

I've walked out of many Gamestop's when they tried that shit on me. If they give me an opened copy I ask for a sealed copy. If they ask me why it's important I state that #1 if I return a game with the wrapper off you won't take it back. #2 I know you phuckers take these games home, play them then put them back on the shelf and pass them off as new. :lol:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Guess I'm the only one who doesn't care about the shrinkwrap on my game. I just want the game, I don't really care about some plastic I'm going to throw away as soon as it arrives.[/QUOTE]

It's not about the plastic, it what the plastic guarantees. It guarantees that the game is in fact new. Without that plastic, there is absolutely no evidence that the game is new, and that's the very reason why they themselves won't accept a return on a new game without said plastic (or their own sticky seal for gutted games).

If they themselves use that piece of plastic as a barometer to judge whether a game is new in regards to their return policy, why am I as a customer held in lower regard?

For a company that sells used games for a living, it's not unreasonable for a customer to ask, "What evidence is there that this open game I'm paying full price for is in fact new?"

While living in the age of the "online pass", I refuse to buy any new game that has already been opened. What's stopping employees from stealing the online pass? These aren't saints that we are talking about.

It's been a while since I've seen it and didn't Google to verify first. My bad.

I'm finding the usual teeth gnashing over whether Gamestop is selling gutted (aka "used") games as new and charging full price a little misplaced in this context because this is a game that's $30 new and $27 used being a offered for $15. So the hell what if it's gutted/used when you'd go to a store and drop a Hamilton more to get a guaranteed used copy?

If you're paying $60 and get a rewrapped game, by all means get cranky. But here with this deal, I'm just seeing people opportunistically trotting out their Gamestop rage. $15 for a used copy would be a deal. If Gamefly was selling it for $15, no one would be whining. This is just Gamestop bashing.

It's the holidays. Gutting games is unacceptable no matter the cost at this time. It's a Gamestop oversight, not people bashing them.

[quote name='DirkBelig']If you're paying $60 and get a rewrapped game, by all means get cranky. But here with this deal, I'm just seeing people opportunistically trotting out their Gamestop rage. $15 for a used copy would be a deal. If Gamefly was selling it for $15, no one would be whining. This is just Gamestop bashing.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, just because GameStop and Gamefly inflate their prices for used games (typically their "used" prices are higher than new at many other retailers either at the same time or shortly thereafter), doesn't mean I agree with their used prices. So you using that as a gauge to excuse their lameness is pretty silly. Not that their gutting practice has ever been acceptable at any price.

That being said, I don't know why this thread in particular seems to be filled with people that this is news to, but I guess any publicity and education about this stupid policy is good.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']It's not about the plastic, it what the plastic guarantees. It guarantees that the game is in fact new. Without that plastic, there is absolutely no evidence that the game is new, and that's the very reason why they themselves won't accept a return on a new game without said plastic (or their own sticky seal for gutted games).

If they themselves use that piece of plastic as a barometer to judge whether a game is new in regards to their return policy, why am I as a customer held in lower regard?

For a company that sells used games for a living, it's not unreasonable for a customer to ask, "What evidence is there that this open game I'm paying full price for is in fact new?"[/QUOTE]
But again, I don't care. I don't care if every employee at the warehouse played the game before it got to me. The game is being sold for the price I want and I want the game. I don't care about anything else. New, used, it doesn't matter to me.

[quote name='darksurtur']You might be better off just buying the DLC. If you even want it when the time comes.[/QUOTE]
I've heard the DLC is mediocre (not bad but not great).

I recently got my order for Resident Evil 5 Gold and Borderlands GOTY in and RE5 was obviously repackaged. But I didn't have a problem with it. The disc itself was perfect. Not a single scratch and the case was perfect too. It looked brand new and I played for a bit and it worked perfectly. So in the end I was happy with it. Borderlands was factory sealed and all the DLC codes were in the case. I even got that voucher for playing Duke Nukem Early (which I doubt is relevant now) but it was the only one that wasn't resealed. Since the games were in perfect condition I didn't really have a problem. And because I was happy I even ordered Heavy Rain DC. It shipped today, so I'll see once I get it how it's sealed.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I'm finding the usual teeth gnashing over whether Gamestop is selling gutted (aka "used") games as new and charging full price a little misplaced in this context because this is a game that's $30 new and $27 used being a offered for $15. So the hell what if it's gutted/used when you'd go to a store and drop a Hamilton more to get a guaranteed used copy? [/QUOTE]

Gotta disagree 100%. At least for me, it has absolutely nothing to do with price and everything to do with ethics. I dont care if its a 5 dollar game. If I pay for a new game, I expect a new game period. If I wanted a used game, I would buy a used game.

[quote name='DealHunter'] Oh I forgot GameStop can refuse returns for any reason they see fit. Now that you guys mentioned it there are a few orders from Amazon.com with strange shrinkwrapping. Guess I have to check them out too.[/QUOTE]

This is why people should always buy items on a credit card. Its like having insurance. I have filed roughly 10 disputes with my Amex card over the last 20 years and I have won every single one of them. In fact, I just filed one back at the end of summer. I purchased a home theater stand from Boltz. Like 5 years in it started getting small pits in the powder coating. They gave me a hard time in regards to getting my money back even tho they clearly state that everything has a lifetime warranty. I simply filed a dispute with Amex and less than a week later I was refunded my money. Gamestop wouldn't stand a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DealHunter'] Oh I forgot GameStop can refuse returns for any reason they see fit. Now that you guys mentioned it there are a few orders from Amazon.com with strange shrinkwrapping. Guess I have to check them out too.[/QUOTE]

This is why people should always buy items on a credit card. Its like having insurance. I have filed roughly 10 disputes with my Amex card over the last 20 years and I have won every single one of them. In fact, I just filed one back at the end of summer. I purchased a home theater stand from Boltz. Like 5 years in it started getting small pits in the powder coating. They gave me a hard time in regards to getting my money back even tho they clearly state that everything has a lifetime warranty. I simply filed a dispute with Amex and less than a week later I was refunded my money. Gamestop wouldn't stand a chance.

I remember the PS2 days where re-released editions or boxed multipack sets would come with black labels. Now EVERYTHING is is greatest hits. I passed on the re-release of Oblivion and I will pass on this just because of that god-forsaken greatest hits label. Yuck. Extra content be damned. It's a joke to even call this a director's cut anyway, but making this gh is inexcusable. How come the "best selling game of all-time on ps3" is exempt from those ugly ass red covers? Are call of duty games exempt from this torture? :booty:

The anal retentiveness of the complaints coming up over and over are a little scary. It's as if the level of fun a game provides is diminished if someone else touches the disc first and all the fun is eliminated if the case or disc are the wrong color. We're not talking food that's been eaten and regurgitated into the box and sold as fresh. We're not talking about food changing taste if the plate it's served upon is a different color. ("Waitress! Why is this plate red and not black?!? The meal is ruined!!!")

I haven't seen this level of OCD idiocy since they started cutting openings in DVD slipcovers to allow UPC scanning. Emo crybabies were filling their diapers over the "vandalism" of their slipcovers and demanding that the redundant cardboard sleeves be left unviolated or they'd refused to buy. They didn't care that it was being done to prevent scammers slipping pricey Criterions or new releases in older, cheaper, catalog title sleeves. "The cashiers can just take it out of the sleeve to verify it matches and scan the code. I don't care if it slows things down! I want my pristine sleeves!" It didn't matter that except for the two hours they'd have it out while watching the movie, that cursed hole would be invisible while it sits on the shelf. Their lives were ruined and no joy would shine in because of a fraking inch-square cutout in an extraneous sleeve. Idiots.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I haven't seen this level of OCD idiocy since they started cutting openings in DVD slipcovers to allow UPC scanning.[/QUOTE]

Did you really just call people with an anxiety disorder idiots and emo crybabies?

I don't really shop at GS that much because I'd rather not have a case that every snot-nosed kid and his mother put their dirty hands on. When I buy a game new I expect to be protected from these things. I'd rather buy it somewhere else for more than get a case I feel compelled to clean. I've had GS try to sell me the Deathsmiles LE for the "new" price, even though the game case had been put on the shelf and looked like a Cheetos-fingered neckbeard had used it to get himself off.

I don't care if these things don't matter to you. I don't even care if you defend the ridiculous actions of GS, but maybe you should try to have a bit more understanding of how others feel about these things.

[quote name='sayu']Did you really just call people with an anxiety disorder idiots and emo crybabies?

I don't really shop at GS that much because I'd rather not have a case that every snot-nosed kid and his mother put their dirty hands on. When I buy a game new I expect to be protected from these things. I'd rather buy it somewhere else for more than get a case I feel compelled to clean. I've had GS try to sell me the Deathsmiles LE for the "new" price, even though the game case had been put on the shelf and looked like a Cheetos-fingered neckbeard had used it to get himself off.

I don't care if these things don't matter to you. I don't even care if you defend the ridiculous actions of GS, but maybe you should try to have a bit more understanding of how others feel about these things.[/QUOTE]
I did have understanding, but now every single thread that even mentions GS is filled with this crap. We get it. If your game isn't untouched you won't be bothered to even look at it. Good for you. Don't shop at GS and move on. Can we talk about the game/deal now?

[quote name='sayu']Did you really just call people with an anxiety disorder idiots and emo crybabies?[/QUOTE]No, I called idiot emo crybabies idiot emo crybabies. I just want to slap these people and ask them if they had their families slaughtered by machete-wielding militias because they were from a different tribe or their homes were washed away by a tsunami? If these people are so sensitive to the inequities of this, the least of the First World problems a person could have, then they'd die if there wasn't enough foam on their latte.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I did have understanding, but now every single thread that even mentions GS is filled with this crap. We get it. If your game isn't untouched you won't be bothered to even look at it. Good for you. Don't shop at GS and move on. Can we talk about the game/deal now?[/QUOTE]This. As useful as CAG is, it's getting boring having to wade through pages of diaper filling bitching about Gamestop, whining about DRM, and asking if a physical copy of Monopoly given to them for Christmas will activate on Steam and if not, they do not want.

Back to the topic: I got a shipment notification for Chubby Rain just now. I hope it arrives in totally-sealed, factory-fresh condition so that all the emo babies who passed on the deal out of their terror of someone looking at their stuff first will have something new to blog about. If not, I'll just have to hope the fun hasn't evaporated away. :roll:

[quote name='sayu']Did you really just call people with an anxiety disorder idiots and emo crybabies?

I don't care if these things don't matter to you. I don't even care if you defend the ridiculous actions of GS, but maybe you should try to have a bit more understanding of how others feel about these things.[/QUOTE]

I went to Best Buy, licked my fingers and touched every PS3 game. Just for you.
I'm honestly surprised the dc is this price still. The regular edition was the same price at one of Gamefly's nightly sales a few weeks back.

[quote name='Zin_LG']Just reply to the cancellation email. They'll send you an apology email with a $10 code that expires in March 2012.[/QUOTE]

I replied to the cancellation email, and got nothing. :(

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']I replied to the cancellation email, and got nothing. :([/QUOTE]

I replied and got mine today after a couple hours. Unfortunately, Heavy Rain is no longer on sale, and this could can't be used on PSN cash cards.

[quote name='kitsunisan']I went to Best Buy, licked my fingers and touched every PS3 game. Just for you.
I'm honestly surprised the dc is this price still. The regular edition was the same price at one of Gamefly's nightly sales a few weeks back.[/QUOTE]

Good thing the games in BB are sealed. Did you get all the Cheetos residue off your fingers?

But I agree that the whining can get tiring, and it should definitely stop when a thread is no longer really useful because a deal is dead. Like now.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']I replied to the cancellation email, and got nothing. :([/QUOTE]

You mean they haven't replied or they replied and you got nothing?

[quote name='DirkBelig']No, I called idiot emo crybabies idiot emo crybabies. I just want to slap these people and ask them if they had their families slaughtered by machete-wielding militias because they were from a different tribe or their homes were washed away by a tsunami? If these people are so sensitive to the inequities of this, the least of the First World problems a person could have, then they'd die if there wasn't enough foam on their latte.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! There are starving kids in Ethiopia who would kill for foam on their Heavy Rain!

Also, I ordered at about 11:45PM last night...it said it was back ordered for 2-4 weeks...but I got the shipment confirmation and it's on the way!

And another thing, games could be given away for free by GameStop, and if it wasn't shrink wrapped, never been touched, fresh out of the box, and didn't come with the system it runs on, 90% of CAG will complain and start throwing out "FailStop." Because calling GameStop "FailStop" isn't 10 years old at this point, and is still pretty damn hilarious, if you ask me!

Is there a way to get the soundtrack to this game without getting this version? I bought the game back when it came out and LOVE it but wish I could get the soundtrack, don't really wanna drop much more money for a game I already paid full price for but would love the soundtrack.

torrents?

* yep, just checked on demonoid, there's a torrent for the sound track seeding right now

[quote name='Zin_LG']$15 as well. Nice for those who waited for the DC to drop in price. Now if only someone would put House of the Dead Overkill EC on sale.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm waiting for as well. I'm waiting for Driver to hit sub $15 as well.

if you went on the BF weekend, the regular edition of Heavy Rain was $15 and Director's Cut edition was still $30 but they price matched it anyways

bread's done
Back