Heavy Rain: Director's Cut (PS3) - $14.99 @ Gamestop.com [OVER]

DreamStinger

CAGiversary!
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/heavy-rain-directors-cut/97992

Normally $29.99 MSRP, now on sale for $14.99! Online price only, not applicable to in-store pricing!

For those not familiar, the included content over the original release:

* Complete, original game, Heavy Rain
* Heavy Rain Chronicles: Episode 1 – The Taxidermist DLC
* Heavy Rain Original Videogame Score by award-winning film and television composer, Normand Corbeil (16 tracks)
* New front-end menu and interface with built-in Move support
* A series of 8 “Making of” Bonus Videos
* Three Dynamic Themes (Heavy Rain, Heavy Rain ARI Forest, Heavy Rain ARI Mars)
* 15 additional pieces of new concept art
* 2 bonus Trailers (Thank You Trailer, Love Trailer)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']Just curious. How do you get the dynamic themes and such if there is no download voucher included?[/QUOTE]
When the disc is in your PS3 it has two icons under the "game" column. One is for the game itself and the other is for the extras.

I ordered heavy Rain and Lego Indiana Jones as a filler for free shipping. I just received Lego IJ in the mail in a gutted case with no cover and no Heavy Rain. I sure hope they were mailed seperately because it doesn't specify that on the GS website, just says order closed.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']So guys if you bought some games on GS and return 1 or more, do they deduct the free shipping promo from it?[/QUOTE]

They won't. You should get refunded the full amount you paid for the game you are returning.

[quote name='coolflea216']I ordered heavy Rain and Lego Indiana Jones as a filler for free shipping. I just received Lego IJ in the mail in a gutted case with no cover and no Heavy Rain. I sure hope they were mailed seperately because it doesn't specify that on the GS website, just says order closed.[/QUOTE]

Eww, that's terrible. For sure, I'd get a refund or swap IJ at the store. That's going too far assuming you ordered it "new". Even then, I'm a completist so I'd do the swap.

For my order (DS case filler and HR), they shipped separately I'm assuming because I received two shipping emails. We'll see.

Did they switch to the flimsy square cardboard mailers recently? The games I ordered on BF came in individual mailers where you have two flimsy cardboard glued together to sandwich the game.

Well, my copy of Heavy Rain: DC came in the mail today via UPS and it was in a brown cardboard mailer.

And it was a brand new, factory-sealed copy. Yay!

[quote name='DreamStinger']Well, my copy of Heavy Rain: DC came in the mail today via UPS and it was in a brown cardboard mailer.

And it was a brand new, factory-sealed copy. Yay![/QUOTE]

Cool. All I care about is the HR to be sealed, the other filler I could always return it.

Geez, what's up with GameStop? Ordered this 3days ago.. Still haven't received my confirmation email and not listed in my Order History

my copy came in today factory sealed.... in a awful greatest hits red box and gh logo :booty: my 1st PS3 greatest hits game:headache:... i kinda regret my purchase since my OCD is to blame my hate for the box art :baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby:

Damn it! Mine just arrived, factory sealed, in a bubble mailer, and only took two freaking days to get here! I'm so pissed off, I was really looking forward to having something to be a cry baby about like most everyone else who buys something from GameStop.

Maybe next time.

Interesting.

Mine arrived today, NOT factory sealed. It was a crappy reseal.

I verified the disc inside was actually the DC version.

I got Stranglehold today and a slip that Heavy Rain had to be picked up at the post office because they wanted my autograph. Stranglehold came in a blank Gamestop shelf spacer case, no art, no manual, disc in a sleeve, not even on the hub. It's going back to the store tomorrow.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Damn it! Mine just arrived, factory sealed, in a bubble mailer, and only took two freaking days to get here! I'm so pissed off, I was really looking forward to having something to be a cry baby about like most everyone else who buys something from GameStop..[/QUOTE]
2009994_funny_celebrity_pictures_i_see_what_you_did_there-s500x375-252546-580.jpg

[quote name='captaintek3304']Damn it! Mine just arrived, factory sealed, in a bubble mailer, and only took two freaking days to get here! I'm so pissed off, I was really looking forward to having something to be a cry baby about like most everyone else who buys something from GameStop.

Maybe next time.[/QUOTE]

I LOL'ed.

[quote name='DirkBelig']
2009994_funny_celebrity_pictures_i_see_what_you_did_there-s500x375-252546-580.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I LOL'ed even harder.

Picked Chubby Rain up from the post office on the way in to work and it looks brand spanking new. Came in a padded mailer. It's been ages since I got a new PS3 title - do they put seals on the case under the shrink wrap like most X360 games do? - but the wrap is tight and has the "folded-over" look on the top and bottom like new DVDs have, so I'm guessing it's factory fresh.

This leaves me with a slightly let-down feeling because I was really hoping to exercise my overwhelming feelings of ambivalence as to whether I got a new or gutted game; I was going to be a honey badger; but instead all I got for my $15 was a brand new game. I can't even feign outrage over the color of the case, which is red. My soul is sadly untroubled, unable to connect with the rage of so many others.

You know, for all you people in here who rag on those of us who dislike the red case and Greatest Hits artwork, you just don't and will never understand.

I only play the game for ten seconds at a time but I stare for hours and hours at the case and artwork.

Also, when I have guests come over the first thing they do is head straight for my PS3 game collection and check to see if I have any Greatest Hits titles. When they see them they immediately point and laugh at me saying "I can't believe you would spend less money on a game in a red case that is exactly like the one in the regular clear case and does not have artwork that says Greatest Hits."

[quote name='beefytwinkie']You know, for all you people in here who rag on those of us who dislike the red case and Greatest Hits artwork, you just don't and will never understand.

I only play the game for ten seconds at a time but I stare for hours and hours at the case and artwork.

Also, when I have guests come over the first thing they do is head straight for my PS3 game collection and check to see if I have any Greatest Hits titles. When they see them they immediately point and laugh at me saying "I can't believe you would spend less money on a game in a red case that is exactly like the one in the regular clear case and does not have artwork that says Greatest Hits."[/QUOTE]
heh-i-see-what-you-did-there-thumb.jpg

I really don't mind the current GH packaging for 360 or PS3. The ones I used to really hate was the old 360 ones where the artwork was a photo of the original case.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']You know, for all you people in here who rag on those of us who dislike the red case and Greatest Hits artwork, you just don't and will never understand.

Also, when I have guests come over the first thing they do is head straight for my PS3 game collection and check to see if I have any Greatest Hits titles. When they see them they immediately point and laugh at me saying "I can't believe you would spend less money on a game in a red case that is exactly like the one in the regular clear case and does not have artwork that says Greatest Hits."[/QUOTE]

To avoid this types of embarrassment, I usually make sure to hide all red cases whenever I know I'm going to have company. Typically, anywhere you don't expect your guests to go or care to inspect works well. Fortunately for me, since I'm the type of person who obsesses over what color a game case is, I don't have any friends. Well, aside from forum friends who obsess about the same things.

Now if you don't mind, I have 12 other sites to go complain about this on!

[quote name='Melt']Interesting.

I verified the disc inside was actually the DC version.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, got the same. The wrap isn't even tight around the case...

Would try to get another copy instore since I didn't open it but would probably get an already opened one with the disc in a paper sleeve at my GameStop. ._.

[quote name='Melt']Interesting.

I verified the disc inside was actually the DC version.[/QUOTE]

I picked mine up in store and just tried it today, it was also a reseal. The disc doesn't say Director's Cut on it, and it prompts me to download a 1145MB V2.0 patch upon starting it. I'm guessing I got screwed and they swapped it with an original...? Without the patch it says I have no Downloaded Content and no sign of the dynamic themes/etc.

Mine showed up today and was definitely resealed but the disc says directors cut and everything is in perfect condition. Don't understand why they have to unseal new copies in the warehouses.

[quote name='ichibo']I picked mine up in store and just tried it today, it was also a reseal. The disc doesn't say Director's Cut on it, and it prompts me to download a 1145MB V2.0 patch upon starting it. I'm guessing I got screwed and they swapped it with an original...? Without the patch it says I have no Downloaded Content and no sign of the dynamic themes/etc.[/QUOTE]
Yeah pretty sure it needs to say Director's Cut in the disc, or at least have 4 GB of initial install data at the beginning with everything though I'm not 100% sure because I've yet to open mine since it is a reseal...

[quote name='bob330i']Got mine in the mail yesterday. Factory sealed (folded edges), red box. Will replace the red case.[/QUOTE]

My 2 copies came in the mail a couple of days ago and they were factory sealed. If they had been re-wrapped I would have taken them right down to my local GS for a refund. Shady suckers.

My copy was Y sealed but it looks like a reseal with loose edges. Those who got non-factory sealed copies, was it shrink wrapped or Y seal?

[quote name='ijag233']Mine showed up today and was definitely resealed but the disc says directors cut and everything is in perfect condition. Don't understand why they have to unseal new copies in the warehouses.[/QUOTE]

So it sounds like they did actually swap in a normal copy in my 'New' Directors Cut version. Wonderful..

Now I get to try to get the receipt from the friend who actually paid for the game, and go tell Gamestop they defrauded me. Stay classy Gamestop.

The manual also advertises Uncharted 2, and God of War 3 is 'Coming soon'!

This thread reminds me of the Hyperdimension Neptunia mess from a few weeks prior. The assholes conned us in to buying the "limited edition" for $60, only to be sending out regular copies and dropping the price $29.99 a few days later. Long story short, I went to my local store to buy a copy since they had some and just wanted to secure the $29.99 price, since it could have gone OOS at any moment. The only copy they had was "new," but gutted. This is how ridiculous this Gamestop is. They require employees to sell a new, I mean, gutted game... with a clear, round sticker around the case. If the pressed in artwork and five billion other stickers weren't enough, they have found a method that ruins the Blu-ray case even more in a sloppy attempt to prevent the customer from returning an opened game. :applause: Bravo, gamestop. The best part of all of this is that I was clearly disgusted and the employees more than likely knew I had no intention of keeping their gutted trash. Thus, began the calling around town. I was surprised to see so many stores that had "new" copies of Hyperdimension Neptunia in stock. Out of about eight stores, all of them did receive copies of Hyperdimension, but here's the shocker, ALL of them were gutted. What the fuck? I guess their policy is that if they get two or less, then they must be gutted and put on the shelf and sold as new. Wonderful for potentially rare games that slip in to the store new. lulz. I ended up waiting for my order from online to arrive that was sealed. Thankfully a different store allowed me to return the NEW (gutted) version I bought from down the street with the online receipt. So much work for a situation that should have never happened in the first place.

I took the copy of Stranglehold I'd added to get the "free" shipping, but came without an Xbox case, art or instructions to the GS near my work to return it and they asked if I'd just like to have a retail case. I opted to do that, but could've returned it. They didn't give me any hassle; just popped the disc I got into their case and sent me on my way saying that I could still return it if I wanted.

Sorry, Gamestop haters, but I don't have anything to complain about here.

So I just beat this, and I felt like I didn't like it as much as I should have. Perhaps I should sleep on it.

I got the best ending possible, yet I still was unsatisfied. This whole game reminded me of the movie "Running Scared", yet Running Scared had just that little extra to stick with you.

Anyone else feel this way? Definitely worth the $15, but I feel like I'm going to drag my feet when it comes to finishing the DLC.

[quote name='Sonne']So I just beat this, and I felt like I didn't like it as much as I should have. Perhaps I should sleep on it.

I got the best ending possible, yet I still was unsatisfied. This whole game reminded me of the movie "Running Scared", yet Running Scared had just that little extra to stick with you.

Anyone else feel this way? Definitely worth the $15, but I feel like I'm going to drag my feet when it comes to finishing the DLC.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely heavier (no pun intended) than most games out there ... and it's not the type of game that you'll be like "oh hey, I feel like kicking back and popping in Heavy Rain" ... but it sort of sticks with you in a weird way. I ended up selling my launch copy but I've picked it up a few more times on sale or clearance because I have this strange urge to experience it again every so often ... so it's the sort of game you might not love initially but that lingers in the back of your mind. Or ... maybe I'm just crazy ;)

[quote name='etcrane']It's definitely heavier (no pun intended) than most games out there ... and it's not the type of game that you'll be like "oh hey, I feel like kicking back and popping in Heavy Rain" ... but it sort of sticks with you in a weird way. I ended up selling my launch copy but I've picked it up a few more times on sale or clearance because I have this strange urge to experience it again every so often ... so it's the sort of game you might not love initially but that lingers in the back of your mind. Or ... maybe I'm just crazy ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can see that. I've had that happen before, where two days later I'm thinking about a movie or something then realize I must have liked it more than I thought. Have you tried the DLC? May tackle that tomorrow, or not.

I can't help but laugh at the title for this thread.

Heavy Rain: Director's cut, 14.99 at Gamestop [OVER].

Copy that, OP. Checking Gamestop now [OVER].

Make sure you don't get a resealed, gutted copy [OVER].

Aww, nuts... the deal is dead. Thanks anyway, OP [OVER].

It's a nice feedback for those who wants to know if they got a gutted copy or new one. Like in the KZ3 thread. Some people wants to know.

Mine came factory sealed in a red case with the Directors Cut disc, a couple of days after I recieved the used game I bought for $5 to get free shipping. Returned the used game the next day, so I'm happy, good deal.

[quote name='coolflea216']Mine came factory sealed in a red case with the Directors Cut disc, a couple of days after I recieved the used game I bought for $5 to get free shipping. Returned the used game the next day, so I'm happy, good deal.[/QUOTE]

So you got your full refund on the used game right? just checking, cause I thought they would subtract shipping from your refund since you no longer qualify for free shipping over $20 promo.

[quote name='shivan128']Haven't opened my "sealed" copy yet, is there an expiration date on the DLC?[/QUOTE]

It's all on the disc.

[quote name='Sonne']Yeah, I can see that. I've had that happen before, where two days later I'm thinking about a movie or something then realize I must have liked it more than I thought. Have you tried the DLC? May tackle that tomorrow, or not.[/QUOTE]

I actually haven't tried the DLC, I was lucky to find a GH copy at Target for $8.98 this week, having sold my original copy sometime ago, but sadly that's the edition that doesn't have the DLC.

I remember reading that the DLC is sort of weak in this game because it's a flashback and really can't have much impact on the story or characters because of that. I recall that it was also very similar to the scene in the game where one of the characters is captured and tied to a table ... same sort of thing. So I would hang on to the game more for the chance to experience some of the other endings, and story paths, etc, but that's just me.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']So you got your full refund on the used game right? just checking, cause I thought they would subtract shipping from your refund since you no longer qualify for free shipping over $20 promo.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I got the full refund.

bread's done
Back