Heavy Rain Discussion Thread

It's happened to me in both of those games. It was pretty funny last night in FF13, as it was about 30 seconds of speech panning over 4-5 screens of an area, so instead of remarks that were supposed to be enhanced by the imagery, it was just a bunch of shots. Thank God I had subtitles on.

[quote name='Nirron']It's happened to me in both of those games. It was pretty funny last night in FF13, as it was about 30 seconds of speech panning over 4-5 screens of an area, so instead of remarks that were supposed to be enhanced by the imagery, it was just a bunch of shots. Thank God I had subtitles on.[/QUOTE]
It sucks because now I have to save every chance I get while playing, normally I try to risk it because its some what exciting for me but now its just tedious. Thankfully GOW3 uses in game movies of the game being played then of the system try to process all that info. It could have helped FF and Heavy rain from getting those overloads

[quote name='cgarb84']Ok so I just finished the game and I am pissed off about my ending. I think my ending was awful, I am curious if anyone else botched the last hour or so as badly as I did.

Rundown of who died for me - Ethan
All the others survived. Basically I couldn't solve the crime with Norman so he ended up not being a factor at the end for me, he resigned from the FBI in the Epilogue. I escaped Shelby's apartment alive with Madison but she didn't get to the warehouse, I guess I botched the pc password part in Shelby's secret room. I got to the warehouse with Ethan (I solved 3 of the 5 trials and was able to make it) and I saved Shaun ok. It was then just Ethan and Shelby at the warehouse, I decided to not kill Shelby and let him go. I then walked outside with Ethan and the cops were all there. Blake ordered them to open fire on me and they killed Ethan. So Ethan was then assumed to be the killer and Shelby walked free. fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For not really messing up that badly I got a piece of shit ending. Oh well, I can't go back and change it now, well I mean I can but it won't be the same. So fucking frustrating, I thought I was on track to have a good ending and then BAM!!!! fuck!!!!.

EDIT: OK I have calmed down from my initial post haha, I was just so disappointed in my ending. But now that I think about it more, I guess I'm ok with it. Having a game (or movie for that matter) end like that is very different and I guess ok even though some things about it really sucked. I will someday play through the game again, maybe even multiple times, but for now I think I need a break from it lol.[/QUOTE]

I messed up on the ending too.
For me, I solved 3 of the puzzles to get the address. Guess wrong on which one it was so Ethan couldn't save Shaun. Madison jumped from the building and died, it didn't look that high to me and I assume she would survive even though the game said it was too high too jump and she would die. Then Jayden died in the ARI since I kept looking over the clues to see if I could find anything else out even though I saw he was bleeding. In the end, Ethan shoots himself and Shelby walks free.
If you're find with how the rest of the game went, you can just go back to the last few sections and replay it from there to see how things end up differently since it seems that is where all the choices that matter are. Which is what I did to see how thing might've ended up differently.

[quote name='Thongsy']I messed up on the ending too.
For me, I solved 3 of the puzzles to get the address. Guess wrong on which one it was so Ethan couldn't save Shaun. Madison jumped from the building and died, it didn't look that high to me and I assume she would survive even though the game said it was too high too jump and she would die. Then Jayden died in the ARI since I kept looking over the clues to see if I could find anything else out even though I saw he was bleeding. In the end, Ethan shoots himself and Shelby walks free.
If you're find with how the rest of the game went, you can just go back to the last few sections and replay it from there to see how things end up differently since it seems that is where all the choices that matter are. Which is what I did to see how thing might've ended up differently.[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry, but the bad endings you guys got sound awesome.

Since it looks as though everyone is sharing their respective endings, I'll go ahead and contribute my ending as well..

I believe that I got one of the more happy endings that the game offers. During my play through, Norman died at the hands of Mad Jack. Ethan hooked up with Madison in the hotel room, and after finding out that she had been using him to write a story on the Origami Killer, agreed to stay with her. In the final showdown, Ethan was able to piece together the correct location of his son, completing only three of the killer's trials. Shelby confronted Ethan at the warehouse and shot him in the body, while Madison arrived just in time to see this all happen. Shelby then realized that he has one last loose end to tie up and pursued Madison in an epic chase around the warehouse, which led to his demise.

In the end, Ethan and Shaun are reunited and pictured apartment shopping with Ethan's new girlfriend/fiancee/wife, Madison. The new family plays around for a bit in the studio apartment and Madison wraps things up by saying that the apartment is perfect for them and that they deserve to be happy after all that has happened.

Lauren is pictured standing at Scott Shelby's grave site and basically says how much contempt she holds towards the deceased killer.

And lastly, Digitized Norman shows up in the ARI after Blake acquires and puts on the futuristic, CSI goggles.

[quote name='Swift900']Since it looks as though everyone is sharing their respective endings, I'll go ahead and contribute my ending as well..

I believe that I got one of the more happy endings that the game offers. During my play through, Norman died at the hands of Mad Jack. Ethan hooked up with Madison in the hotel room, and after finding out that she had been using him to write a story on the Origami Killer, agreed to stay with her. In the final showdown, Ethan was able to piece together the correct location of his son, completing only three of the killer's trials. Shelby confronted Ethan at the warehouse and shot him in the body, while Madison arrived just in time to see this all happen. Shelby then realized that he has one last loose end to tie up and pursued Madison in an epic chase around the warehouse, which led to his demise.

In the end, Ethan and Shaun are reunited and pictured apartment shopping with Ethan's new girlfriend/fiancee/wife, Madison. The new family plays around for a bit in the studio apartment and Madison wraps things up by saying that the apartment is perfect for them and that they deserve to be happy after all that has happened.

Lauren is pictured standing at Scott Shelby's grave site and basically says how much contempt she holds towards the deceased killer.

And lastly, Digitized Norman shows up in the ARI after Blake acquires and puts on the futuristic, CSI goggles.
[/QUOTE]

This is almost exactly how my ending went except..

I had all characters living up till the final act and had completed all trials with Ethan. Madison never showed up at all, presumably because I botched the password at Shelby's apartment. Instead Norman showed up to the rescue and Ethan was never shot. Norman and Shelby end up fighting on the rooftops and Shelby dies. The only thing that differes from my epilogue is that Norman is showed on TV as a hero and it pictures him throwing his trypto into the tloilet.

Just out of curiousity, which trials did everybody complete? For me it was,
The first one on the freeway, the glass and electric plant and drinking the poison. I just couldn't cut off his finger after going back and forth for the five minutes, I came close a few times but just couldn't do it. Also I couldn't just kill that drug dealer guy since he had a family and didn't want his daughters to grow up without a father.

[quote name='Thongsy']Just out of curiousity, which trials did everybody complete? For me it was,
The first one on the freeway, the glass and electric plant and drinking the poison. I just couldn't cut off his finger after going back and forth for the five minutes, I came close a few times but just couldn't do it. Also I couldn't just kill that drug dealer guy since he had a family and didn't want his daughters to grow up without a father.
[/QUOTE]

I did them all
that fool tried to blow my face off with a shotgun so I had no problem pulling the trigger on him after that. And for those that killed him how in the hell did Ethan not get any jail time or anything for it. I mean he puked right next to the dead body, and seeing as how the police department already had his DNA from bringing him in I'm pretty sure that's a BIG connection to the murder.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thongsy']Just out of curiousity, which trials did everybody complete? For me it was,
[/QUOTE]
the only trial I couldnt do was the 4th one. That one left me morally conflicted

Wait a second, for those of you who
got ethan to shaun and saved him but then were shot by the cops when he walked out. What happens to shaun? Are you saying that police open fired on a guy carrying a missing child?

Thats another thing that pisses me off about the game, the police seriously have NO EVIDENCE WHAT SO EVER to even come close to proving Ethan is the killer so how the hell are you getting permission to open fire on what is at best barely a suspect. Lionel fucking Hutz could get him off. No prints, no witness, no motive, no phone taps, no footprints, he doesnt even own the damn car that Jayden makes a point to collect the tire tracks from. And didnt Jayden get a footprint from that scene? Am I to believe that Ethan and Shelby have the exact same shoe size even though they are clearly different body types?

Its funny how the police are so sure Ethan is the killer yet they dont know anything about the killer doctor cutting up people in his basement, mad jack a known felon parol officer is missing (not even hidden that well) the inability to link shelby apartment blowing up to anything what so ever (oh I am sorry I guess I am not dumb enough to believe that a police station woudnt know about an entire fucking floor bursting into flames when the person who owns it is already in there database.) The entire city is full of killers......but I guess I would be to when the Police department cant even add 2 plus 2.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I did them all
that fool tried to blow my face off with a shotgun so I had no problem pulling the trigger on him after that. And for those that killed him how in the hell did Ethan not get any jail time or anything for it. I mean he puked right next to the dead body, and seeing as how the police department already had his DNA from bringing him in I'm pretty sure that's a BIG connection to the murder
.[/QUOTE]

You messed up your spolier tags man.

Also, I wouldnt even worry about that, the police are borderline retarted, as I stated, the entire city is full of killers that open murder people in broad daylight/in their house/ place of business without a care in the world. They dont even attempt to hide the bodies in this POS game. You meet like 5 killers in this game who all have bodies openly thrown about like decorative god damn blankets.

I mean, who the hell wrote this? I dont the police even went to that scene since they sure as hell didnt got to mad jacks job.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wait a second, for those of you who
got ethan to shaun and saved him but then were shot by the cops when he walked out. What happens to shaun? Are you saying that police open fired on a guy carrying a missing child?

Thats another thing that pisses me off about the game, the police seriously have NO EVIDENCE WHAT SO EVER to even come close to proving Ethan is the killer so how the hell are you getting permission to open fire on what is at best barely a suspect. Lionel fucking Hutz could get him off. No prints, no witness, no motive, no phone taps, no footprints, he doesnt even own the damn car that Jayden makes a point to collect the tire tracks from. And didnt Jayden get a footprint from that scene? Am I to believe that Ethan and Shelby have the exact same shoe size even though they are clearly different body types?

Its funny how the police are so sure Ethan is the killer yet they dont know anything about the killer doctor cutting up people in his basement, mad jack a known felon parol officer is missing (not even hidden that well) the inability to link shelby apartment blowing up to anything what so ever (oh I am sorry I guess I am not dumb enough to believe that a police station woudnt know about an entire fucking floor bursting into flames when the person who owns it is already in there database.) The entire city is full of killers......but I guess I would be to when the Police department cant even add 2 plus 2.
[/QUOTE]
Ethan isnt holding Shaun when he is shot. He puts Shaun down to open the door and walks outside to see the police. His ribs hurt and he puts his hands down in his shirt and to the cops it looks like he is pulling out a gun. Blake makes the call to shoot and Ethan is killed with Shaun running up on his dead body.

The policehad reason to suspect Ethan. Grace told them that he had blackouts and came home late one night talking about drowning right around the time one of hte previous boys was killed. They did investigating to the shrink who told them of Ethan's sessions and gives the police the origami figure that Ethan drops. If Ethann gets arrested he even tells the cops that he kidnapped Shaun and is the killer. He doesnt do much to convince them that he isnt the killer bc he isnt so sure himself. Blake was in charge of the investigation and one thing throughout the game is that he tries to pin it on anybody who remotely has a shot at being the killer. He doesnt care. He wants to close off the investigation and Perry wants to look good for re-election. Unfortunately stuff like this does happen in real life with innocent people going to jail for stuff they didnt do.

Had a pretty sweet lunch with Quantic Dream's co-CEO last week at GDC:

http://www.examiner.com/x-13269-Gam...Guillaume-De-Fondaumiere-on-Heavy-Rain-Part-1

As a tradition at GDC, Sony's PlayStation Blog Lounge affords media and guests the chance to check out some of the company's current and upcoming titles. It also makes for a great centralized location for visiting developers to chat with press. Notable VIPs who visited the lounge last week include God of War III director Stig Amussen and Heavy Rain writer/director David Cage. Joining Cage was fellow Quantic Dream co-CEO Guillaume De Foudaumiere, who was happy to spend half an hour with Examiner over to answer questions about Heavy Rain.

Heavy Rain has done pretty well for itself in these first few weeks, and now you and David Cage are here at GDC. What has the vibe been like at Quantic Dream?

We've been really excited. We were told initially that the reviews were going to be polarizing, where some people would 'get it' and some people would not. We recently collected all the reviews worldwide from major websites, which amounted to 375 reviews and it's great! The average score is 91% worldwide. What is interesting is that each country is showing universal acclaim. And now two weeks after launch, we're seeing reviews on blogs and feedback from the players are equally positive. We're enjoying strong word of mouth.

I assume you've checked out some of the YouTube videos people have made in homage to Heavy Rain?

(laughs) This is all fantastic. We've seen many reedits, home videos, and cartoons. It's exciting for us that people are taking about Heavy Rain, the Origami Killer and the origami itself and making something in dedication or an homage to the game.

Have any filmmakers given you and your team feedback on the game?

Like any creator/director like David Cage, he has been inspired by all kinds of things. These include his own personal experiences as well as movies and books. He's inspired by films like Seven and Silence of the Lambs.

When it comes to film directors commenting on Heavy Rain, we haven't met David Fincher yet, but we met Terry Gilliam two weeks ago. We did a premiere of the game in Paris and he was sent the game ahead of time. It appears he was blown away by the experience and said "Can I meet those guys?". So Sony got him to the premiere. Mathieu Kassovitz, who did The Crimson Rivers, who also acted in Steven Spielberg's Munich enjoyed the game immensely.

I would say their reaction is that Heavy Rain has opened up new horizons for them. The possibility to create a cinematic experience or an interactive film opens their eyes to the medium. As film professionals, they are attracted to games for bringing cinematic influences and for influencing other mediums. In the past these filmmakers have expressed frustration in the limited narrative scope of past games. In Heavy Rain, they see something that is close to what they do, but at the same time is very different.

It's interesting that the game's element of decision making have varying degrees of results. One chapter can feel like it is really on a fixed path while another chapter can have minor things that end up effecting the ending of the game.

Heavy Rain is a game of different levels and degrees of actions and consequences. Some actions have minor consequences on the whole story but they do change the way you see your character and the way you as a player understand the character's part. Other actions will change the story a few scenes down the line. Other actions will have dramatic consequences on the story.

I don't think that two or three playthroughs will allow the player to see all the branching. Sometimes some mundane action that you think wouldn't have a consequence creates a ripple effect. What we find interesting is when gamers talk to each other after they finish the game

When the game reached the beta stage, it must have been a challenge in taking a step back, pretend you are a consumer, and check to see if what you had would work.

Great point. It was a great challenge for David, me, and many of the people who worked on the game to take the emotional step back and analyze what we were doing. Heavy Rain is a big puzzle, and it's only at the very end when you put everything together that you actually see the point. It's this emotional rise.

When the game reached the beta stage, we knew we wanted feedback from players with fresh eyes on the experience. We brought in 40 people into the studio and set them up with the game and analyzed what their reactions were. We actually changed a number of areas in the game based on this. That was a defining moment for the game.

We cut certain scenes to improve Heavy Rain's pacing. Editing to a film director is quite natural. He or she trims the film down to make it the best possible experience and that's what we did. It's something I believe is seldom done in a video game. You start the production, build 30 or so levels, and nothing can stop those 30 levels from being completed. If levels are cut, it's just to make deadlines, not because the developer wants to improve the pacing.

We have a different thought process because we were working on an emotional experience. It's an experience where pacing is of the utmost importance. You absolutely need to externalize when you work three and a half years on a game. You know the story too well. We didn't know for instance if players would reach different endings on their first respective playthroughs, and we wanted to make sure they didn't get the same endings, so those playtests were important for us. Seeing the reactions of the people and ultimately seeing that it was working was very rewarding.

One of the game's criticism is its use of actors who are not from the U.S., but are meant to sound American. Is this something Quantic Dream plans to do in future games or will there be more of an attempt to fine tune the accents?

We've heard the criticisms, yes. Oddly enough, some of those criticisms are at actors who are actually American. I mean, what's an American accent? Is it East Coast, is it West Coast, is it Midwest? We asked our actors to adapt what we in Europe call a Mid-Atlantic accent, which is somewhere between a Londoner and a New York accent to a certain degree.

To a great extent, the acting side of Heavy Rain was really an experiment. We were really developing the technology while creating the game. We spent a lot of time with the actors and needed them to be very 'present' when on stage. It was easy for us to work with local actors and some actually included Americans living in England. We listened to the feedback and we won't be doing that with future titles. We are going to be casting people in the U.S. in the future.

What are Quantic Dream's plans in working with Sony in the future?

We've been talking about it. We've enjoyed a fantastic relationship with Sony, We feel very fortunate that such a big publisher, let alone a console manufacturer has given us this opportunity to express our vision without compromise. We pulled off the game with a AAA budget. It's been a great relationship and we hope to look forward to other great things with Sony in the future.

Check back later this week when we post the second half our interview with Guillaume.

omg I love this game so much just got it on Saturday after trading stuff in and played it basically all day yesterday and completed one of the endings the good ending mentioned way above, I love the relationship Ethan builds with Madison so I couldnt break them up, cant wait to play through it again, deffiantly a must buy for anyone who doesnt have it yet : )

I just finished the game.
Did they ever explain why Ethan was having those blackouts and how he always end up with a origami in his hand afterward? Anyone know what happens at the end if Ethan rejected Madison kiss? Does he get back with his ex or something or they still get together?

My ending all heroes lived:

Norman was hailed as a hero on a talk show and he toss the blue drug thing in the toilet. I also got a scene where it shows Norman at his FBI desk wearing ARI and seeing three virtual tank running around his desk.

Ethan, Shaun, and Madison found a house to live together.

Lauren spitted on Shelby Grave Stone. Would have been better if a action sequence popped up. Hold R1, R2, and shake downward really hard on the controller and than a massive log will be chilling on Shelby grave, the end.

[quote name='blueweltall']I just finished the game.
Did they ever explain why Ethan was having those blackouts and how he always end up with a origami in his hand afterward? Anyone know what happens at the end if Ethan rejected Madison kiss? Does he get back with his ex or something or they still get together?

Norman was hailed as a hero on a talk show and he toss the blue drug thing in the toilet. I also got a scene where it shows Norman at his FBI desk wearing ARI and seeing three virtual tank running around his desk.

Lauren spitted on Shelby Grave Stone. Would have been better if a action sequence popped up. Hold R1, R2, and shake downward really hard on the controller and than a massive log will be chilling on Shelby grave, the end.
[/QUOTE]
Ethan had the blackouts as a side effect to the head trauma he recieved following the accident and coma. That was explained very early on. The origami figure, however wasnt. If Ethan rejects Madison, then he and Shaun move into that house alone

Slightly off-topic, but Lost fans will like this. My friend Eric posted it elsewhere:

15321_1351219294181_1042328041_31049880_2897650_n.jpg

[quote name='blueweltall']I just finished the game.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you-- that was a glaring plot hole. Maybe it'll be explained in the Chronicles.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The soundtrack is on the PSN Store for $10. Does anyone know how many songs are on it?[/QUOTE]

It is also on iTunes for $10. Looks like 16 songs + a digital booklet.

Wtf...
I get through the whole game perfectly and then I miss pressing R2 at the very end and Ethan dies. Wow thanks game...

*I replayed the ending*
NOW everyone lived. Sorry, I wasnt going to let missing R2 (with Madison) and not accelerating my bike be the end of ethan... I would have lived with it if it was something more important. But that was just lame

[quote name='phantasyx']dude its price point is AT 40 i've seen it for that much at many places, hurry up and get rid of it.

The best ending is
When Madison and Ethan fail to save Shaun and Madision asked ethan for another baby and he's like ima kill myself. I laughed so hard that game was too cheezy. I seriously hardly felt any emotional response the first time and after I got the platinum I was rolling around because I hated every second of the game.
[/QUOTE]

Yea man get a life.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Never thought of that, good point. That scene pissed me off.
I thought I pressed the button to untie the girl, but instead I just broke out the window and saved myself. I felt kinda douchey at the time, but I guess it made sense in the end character-wise.
[/QUOTE]

I had no problem with that scene...
I noticed that he started going towards the window to break it and I stopped and made sure she was ready to get out. And then went back to the window... also you have to hit the window like 3 times to break it.

And the biggest problem with this game, that I think makes it awesome is CLUNKINESS. Gamers are going to bitch about controls being to finicky or button prompts being hard to see... but I see that as a plus. I mean when you are about to drown at the bottom of a lake, you should not be able to escape so easily. And I was annoyed by the moving around of the dialogue options at first, but it's more realistic then sitting there for 5 minutes deciding what to say and it turns into a linear choice like Mass Effect. Also, the way you go about asking things changes the entire outcome.

I played the demo scene where Scotty talks to Lauren a few times. The first time I got her to cry and I comforted her, but I played it 3 times after that and was never able to get her to cry again... I thought that was cool.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Sweet I got a free Heavy Rain dynamic theme from the Four Days Challenge. Anyone else get this?[/QUOTE]
Guess you had to sign up for this somehow? Is it still available? Would be pretty stupid of them to reward people who did some free online thing rather than, oh say, the people who BOUGHT IT.

I got the theme code, but does anybody know which theme it is, if it's one that's already been released?

[quote name='Jodou']Guess you had to sign up for this somehow? Is it still available? Would be pretty stupid of them to reward people who did some free online thing rather than, oh say, the people who BOUGHT IT.[/QUOTE]
You got a game to play. If you wanted further rewards, you should've partaken in the ARG they set up.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You got a game to play. If you wanted further rewards, you should've partaken in the ARG they set up.[/QUOTE]
I'm not going to sweat it; I just think it's stupid logic. The only way I'd be caught doing an ARG is if I could grief people.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I got the theme code, but does anybody know which theme it is, if it's one that's already been released?
[/QUOTE]

It's the one that was released in December, with the concrete/rain falling, not the Mars ARI theme that was released last week. When I redeemed it, I was hoping for the latter (since I already had the first one from a gameshare) Hell, I figured it could've been BOTH, considering that would've been a whopping $6.

Regardless I thought the four days challenge was one of the better viral tie in things and had some of the best giveaways, free early demo and now the theme.

[quote name='Swift900']Since it looks as though everyone is sharing their respective endings, I'll go ahead and contribute my ending as well..

[/QUOTE]

I had a very similar ending with a few key differences.
The major differences? Jayden didn't die until the very end. He died fighting Shelby on the top of the building. One wrong move and he got knocked unconscious and fell into the "meat grinder", so to speak. Before this happened, he saved Ethan from being shot by Shelby. He discovered it was Shelby from the gathered clues.

After the events at the warehouse, Shelby meets with Lauren. She tells him that she promised she would kill her son's murderer if she ever found him. He appears to accept his fate, and doesn't react as she raises a gun to his head and fires.

Just beat it myself. The most glaring plot holes for me were how Madison knew where to go every time someone else got a clue- she mysteriously winds up in the apartment Ethan is in after he cuts his finger off and she somehow knows to go to the woman in the hospital suffering from Alzheimer's. The whole flashback thing with Ethan holding Origami figures was never resolved either.

In my ending, I had Madison save Shaun (Ethan got arrested). Norman died at the hands of Mad Jack, then confronts Blake inside the sunglasses or whatever they are. Madison was at a book signing and saw someone quite suspicious. Lauren spit on Scott's grave.

Overall though I enjoyed it, great rental.

Just finished the game and loved it. But...
Why did Ethan get seperated from his wife? They never really go into that. It just seems that after he tried to save Jason, and wound up in a comma for 6 months, that there was nothing between them. Can anyone help me there?[

ok, just finished the game. Loved it. Originally all my characters lived, so now I am just going back and getting different endings.

The 1 big problem I have though:
How in the world did Scottie kill Manfred? I went back to that scene again - while you are killing Manfred and making the call, the clocks strike the hour. When you have control of Scottie in the regular room, the clock strikes the hour. It is not possible...

The rest of the game was thorougly enjoyable. Sort of like MASQ.

[quote name='simpsonps121']ok, just finished the game. Loved it. Originally all my characters lived, so now I am just going back and getting different endings.

I don't know how to hide the

How in the world did Scottie kill Manfred? I went back to that scene again - while you are killing Manfred and making the call, the clocks strike the hour. When you have control of Scottie in the regular room, the clock strikes the hour. It is not possible...

The rest of the game was thorougly enjoyable. Sort of like MASQ.[/QUOTE]
He had to kill Manfred when Lauren was looking at that item and the camera focused on her. I forgot what she was looking at, though that was still a big chance he took not knowing if she would turn around or not

You know, the whole game played like a movie and i thought i wasn't going to like it... But man, it's really good! I'm loving the experience so far, i even replayed the previous chapters for missed trophies.

The damn Kamikaze trophy is getting on my nerves... Well, i'm on my 5th attempt and still trying, comparing to some poor guys/gals played 50 times or more.

How graphic is the
finger cutting trial
?

I failed that one purposely because my balls always shake at the idea of it. I nearly and accidentally did that to myself back in 1992. Sorry for being graphic myself.

[quote name='br26']
Just beat it myself. The most glaring plot holes for me were how Madison knew where to go every time someone else got a clue- she mysteriously winds up in the apartment Ethan is in after he cuts his finger off and she somehow knows to go to the woman in the hospital suffering from Alzheimer's. The whole flashback thing with Ethan holding Origami figures was never resolved either.

In my ending, I had Madison save Shaun (Ethan got arrested). Norman died at the hands of Mad Jack, then confronts Blake inside the sunglasses or whatever they are. Madison was at a book signing and saw someone quite suspicious. Lauren spit on Scott's grave.

Overall though I enjoyed it, great rental.[/QUOTE]

Okay, i beat it, so now i can answer some of the questions...

the answer to your question is simple, Madison is a
journalist, she already know who Ethan is (the father of the kidnapped Shaun Mars), the motel is not a coincidence (she could have been following him). Again, Madison had somehow followed Ethan's car for the trial of the lizard (remember, the whole trail took no more than 5-10 minutes, so there's plenty of time for her to show up slightly later). Ann Shepard is the mother of the twins, easy info for her. We find that out through Shelby though in the Face to Face chapter. As for the flashback with Ethan holding the origami dog, it's a "preview" from the Origami killer. That scene happened as soon as Shaun was kidnapped. As a matter of fact, he got the Royal 5 typewriter typed up letter earlier when he picked up Shaun from school. As Shelby explained at the end "you know how hard to find such father?" "I was there when Jason died." Shelby had a feeling that Ethan could be the one that he has been searching for all along.

[quote name='simpsonps121']ok, just finished the game. Loved it. Originally all my characters lived, so now I am just going back and getting different endings.

The rest of the game was thorougly enjoyable. Sort of like MASQ.[/QUOTE]

It only needs seconds to make that happen... Remember Shelby is
a calculating killer, as soon as Lauren is preoccupied with the music box and Manfred went to the back office, the window of opportunity arrived. The music box is a 18th century Italian art piece as Manfred explained to Lauren, if you don't bring up the Envelop topic after the toss. Speaking of window of opportunity, as soon as you open the window, Lauren comes in and she discovered Manfred is dead. At the time, it makes Shelby looks like he just saw the killer ran away through the window. For Perfect Crime trophy, you must wipe off the print if you open the window.

[quote name='simpsonps121']Not particularly graphic. The screams afterwards are probably the most graphic. Just mute it. :)[/QUOTE]
It depends on what tool you used... Knife, saw, scissor... The saw is quite disturbing, because it didn't get the job done and you have to finish it off a bit later (i was a bit puzzled when i see the
finger
is still there, but as soon as the prompts continue, he did it... more screams of course. Don't use the saw if you have a weak stomach.

Just got this game from gamefly last night and i probably put about 3 hours in. I love the game so far - very innovative. I am wondering when the meat of the story will pick up, but obviously I am not far in at all. Also I am avoiding spoilers so I didn't read any post here. :p

Oh, just a reminder, if you're going for the
Perfect Crime
trophy, individual chapter select and play with SAVE on will not work. Simply because the whole game saves the progress from the chapter you started on. So even if you make the same choices in the later chapter, they don't matter, because those choices were from the prior save progress, does that make sense?

I didn't let
Haasan, the store owner, die
so i have to back track all the way from there :whistle2:(

And yeah, i have to play the non-related chapters all over again...

My only question is this:

It appears that people have different opinions... To get the
Perfect Crime trophy, do you need to have Ethan arrested ONE time or TWO time? Rest of the characters are easy enough, they just need to die. Jayden and Madison have to die in the correct place though (the other characters can only die one way). Jayden can't be killed by the drug, he has to be "purposely" killed by Shelby. Madison can't be killed by the Doc, she has to die in Shelby's apartment (it's obvious, since a perfect crime needs to get rid of all of the evidences). Of course, don't forget the fingerprints in Manfred's shop. If you end up in the police station afterward, then you know you didn't do it right. You can sort of cheat a bit, right after you leave the shop, the camera focuses on dead Manfred, that means you got all of the fingerprints. If not, pause and reload the checkpoint.

[quote name='Serpentor']My only question is this:

It appears that people have different opinions... To get the
Perfect Crime trophy, do you need to have Ethan arrested ONE time or TWO time? Rest of the characters are easy enough, they just need to die. Jayden and Madison have to die in the correct place though (the other characters can only die one way). Jayden can't be killed by the drug, he has to be "purposely" killed by Shelby. Madison can't be killed by the Doc, she has to die in Shelby's apartment (it's obvious, since a perfect crime needs to get rid of all of the evidences). Of course, don't forget the fingerprints in Manfred's shop. If you end up in the police station afterward, then you know you didn't do it right. You can sort of cheat a bit, right after you leave the shop, the camera focuses on dead Manfred, that means you got all of the fingerprints. If not, pause and reload the checkpoint.
[/QUOTE]

The
number of times does not effect the perfect crime trophy. The only thing this (getting arrested) will effect is what endings you get and what you need to do to get those.

[quote name='Saint Noir']The
number of times does not effect the perfect crime trophy. The only thing this (getting arrested) will effect is what endings you get and what you need to do to get those.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks saint Noir, gonna play some more tonight. This is a great game, i can't believe i'm liking interactive drama :lol:

bread's done
Back