HEROES - super thread...

Decent episode tonight, but not one of the strongest episodes of the season.
The fight at the end was cool, but way too short. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens to Hiro next season and I hope they didn't kill off Peter.
[quote name='Pookymeister']LOST[/quote] Or maybe Veronica Mars. But I guess that's really a series finale. :cry:

[quote name='craven_fiend']There, fixed. Hopefully you fix it for people out West or people just browsing the responses before watching the episode on DVR.

spoiler tags are wonderful[/quote] Do we really have to go through this every few episodes? Is it that hard for people on the west coast to know not to look at this topic on Mondays before it airs in their time zone? I've never seen this problem on another message board, people who live on the west coast don't view topics unless they want to be spoiled (and with Heroes airing Sunday nights in Canada, people in the rest of the US don't view the Heroes topics until Monday after it airs in their time zone).
This is one of the reasons that I want TV shows and Movies to have their own seperate board here on CAG, so that spoiler rules can be established in a sticky for all threads on TV shows and movies.

[quote name='nharmon91']Sylar isnt effected by stopped time[/quote]

Do we know that for sure ? I thought Hiro just got scared and unfroze time accidently.

[quote name='gaelan']
So how did Nathan know where to find the hero showdown?
Why didn't Hiro just stop time and kill Sylar in the studio apt?
Why do the villians always insist on choking and talking instead of just killing immediately?
Lastly what is the estimated hang time for Peter? Up ~10 miles, detonate, and how long til he hits the ground and is back in action.
Liked the episode overall. Didn't like all the hero vs villian cliches...see spoiler.[/quote]
Well gaelan, lets start
Not too sure how Nathan knew where the showdown was, unless Peter had told him about the building where Noah (HRG) was.

Like someone else said, apparently Sylar is "immune" to stopped time.

Because, if a villian actually was smart, they'd be a heroes. The villians like to make their victims struggle, or atleast Sylar did, with the way he would cut open their heads and take their brains.

But serious, if villians didn't have speeches, there would be no heroes.

I am guessing Peter will hit the ground somewhere around the 4th or 5th episode of the season. All depending on how long they deal with Hiro in ancient Japan.

Anyone else think
that some time down the line in the Heroes series, they revisit this incident with a far different outcome and from a different vantage point, possibly to end the series
?

[quote name='Hockey37']
When Claire's dad told Peter to call him Noah, where have I heard that name before? It's bugging the crap out of me.
:wall:[/quote]
But the difference in the Noah's is, this one didn't bring them 2 by 2, or did he?

[quote name='Kaijufan']Do we really have to go through this every few episodes? Is it that hard for people on the west coast to know not to look at this topic on Mondays before it airs in their time zone? I've never seen this problem on another message board, people who live on the west coast don't view topics unless they want to be spoiled (and with Heroes airing Sunday nights in Canada, people in the rest of the US don't view the Heroes topics until Monday after it airs in their time zone).
This is one of the reasons that I want TV shows and Movies to have their own seperate board here on CAG, so that spoiler rules can be established in a sticky for all threads on TV shows and movies.[/quote]
It doesn't really effect me, as I generally wait until I've seen the episode, before I enter the thread, but not all people think like that.

I agree there should be a seperate forum, and guideline about spoilers being in every thread.

If this thread has a spoiler warning in the title, I wouldn't be bothered by spoilers being posted. I am just trying to help out those that don't have much, if any, common sense.

[quote name='Hockey37']
When Claire's dad told Peter to call him Noah, where have I heard that name before? It's bugging the crap out of me.
:wall:[/quote]
Maybe from the daytime show 'Passions'? There's a character with the same name.

[quote name='craven_fiend']

Anyone else think
that some time down the line in the Heroes series, they revisit this incident with a far different outcome and from a different vantage point, possibly to end the series[/quote]

can't do more than 1 or 2 episodes with it. it would require the audience to have prior knowledge of what happened the first time around.

if they bring sylar back, i would think they'd bring peter back as well. i'm hoping that next season talks about (as indicated by the title "origins") the beginning and the linderman era group of heroes. after that plot line is done, i think they will do the villian that "can see" molly. maybe a villian tagteam with sylar as the henchman and the really bad guy as the head badass.

one thing i'm sure of...if they bring nathan back, this series is dead to me.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Well gaelan, lets start
Not too sure how Nathan knew where the showdown was, unless Peter had told him about the building where Noah (HRG) was.

Like someone else said, apparently Sylar is immune to stopped time.

Because, if a villian actually was smart, they'd be a heroes. The villians like to make their victims struggle, or atleast Sylar did, with the way he would cut open their heads and take their brains.

But serious, if villians didn't have speeches, there would be no heroes.

I am guessing Peter will hit the ground somewhere around the 4th or 5th episode of the season. All depending on how long they deal with Hiro in ancient Japan.

Anyone else think
that some time down the line in the Heroes series, they revisit this incident with a far different outcome and from a different vantage point, possibly to end the series
?[/quote]
Was it possible that Natan knew from one of the paintings? I can't remember if they showed a location or not. Or perhaps he was flying high enough to see Peter lighting up.
I don't think Sylar is immune to Hiro freezing time, when Hiro tried a few episodes ago I think that stopped freezing time when he hesitated, and Sylar was playing with him by not moving for a short time. However, I haven't seen that episode since it aired, so I could be remembering it incorrectly.

Also, I hope they don't kill off Matt, but I doubt he'll survive with the 5(ish) bullets Sylar put in him. I'm sure DL has a much better chance of surviving.

Also, what happened with Niki? Does she now have super strength, or was it Jessica that took over when she was hugging Micha? It almost looked like Jessica took over then, but it's hard to be sure.

[quote name='Kaijufan']

Also, what happened with Niki? [/quote]

i think she/they finally figured out how to use her/their power. it seems the nice one now has the strength of the bad one. ending would have been better if she had died...nekkid of course.

[quote name='gaelan']
i think she/they finally figured out how to use her/their power. it seems the nice one now has the strength of the bad one. ending would have been better if she had died...nekkid of course.
[/quote]
That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure. When she ripped the door knob off the door I instantly thought of Buffy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

It doesn't really effect me, as I generally wait until I've seen the episode, before I enter the thread, but not all people think like that.

I agree there should be a seperate forum, and guideline about spoilers being in every thread.

If this thread has a spoiler warning in the title, I wouldn't be bothered by spoilers being posted. I am just trying to help out those that don't have much, if any, common sense.[/quote]Cheapy has been talking about a redesign for the site on the Cagcasts hasn't he? Let's hope we get a dedicated TV/Movie forum when we get the redesign.

that was disapointing, i dont see why claire didnt just shoot peter, i mean nathan didnt have to do that.

im glad sylar is alive, but why doesnt he just blow the damn city up then.

kensei sure looked like hiros dad to me.

molly is a terrible actress, i hope they replace her with a better one.

the guy thats worse, its hard to say who it is, but im going to go out and say its the haitan. we already know he can manipulate minds somehow, so who knows what else he is capable of.

obviously next season is going to revolve around the introduction of this new villian and the continuation of the peter/sylar conflict. im still not sure linderman wont come back (cmon hes a healer) if not then id imagine peters mom might take over the role linderman used to play. also, what the hell is noah thinking, just going back home, they didnt dissolve the company, there has to be people involved, so id imagine that the people that were together in new york (mohinder, molly, dl, nikki/jessica, claire, noah bennett, parkman and micah) are going to be together for a long time, on the run.

I think this episode had more commercials than any episode before it. Don't they usually make the finale longer than the rest of the episodes, not shorter?

I was disappointed. It was okay, but still disappointing.

I liked tonight's episode. I honestly feel like if they ended the episode after the explosion they could have ended the series and it wouldn't have been a bad way to go out.

Like was said though, too many fucking commercials already. I'm tired of the 6 minutes of episode followed by 4 minutes of commercial routine.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']I liked tonight's episode. I honestly feel like if they ended the episode after the explosion they could have ended the series and it wouldn't have been a bad way to go out.

Like was said though, too many fucking commercials already. I'm tired of the 6 minutes of episode followed by 4 minutes of commercial routine.[/quote]
I would have love a bigger fight sequence towards the end rather then a "sneak peek" at FF4 2 which I really didn't care to see.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Decent ending.
Okay, so why didn't Peter just fly? Is it because he can use only one power at a time?
[/quote] I suppose because he can only use one power at a time and the nuke power was overriding everything else.

Great close to a first season. People complain of the comic book heroic cheesiness stuff, but the structure of the shows storytelling follows that of comics. I was wondering if something would occur in the second season similar to 9th Wonders this season. It possibly could, since Peter does still have the ability to draw the future. It wouldn't be horrible to assume any question of "How did Peter know so and so.." could be explained by that ability.

Anyone else chuckle for a second when the black guy in the wheelchair said his name was Charles? An all knowing bald man in a wheelchair.. nod to Charles Xavier? Hah probably not, but who is that guy?!

I noticed a few people saying Sylar is immune to Hiro's time manipulation. Not true! Someone else noted that he hesistaed and Sylar toyed with him for a moment. Hiro did not have full control of his powers, and he still doesn't. Part of why he trained with his dad, to get his confidence back and use his powers more efficiently.

As for the injuries.. I really hope Parkman makes it to next season. He annoyed me a lot at first but I think he demonstrates how powers don't need to be all spectacular. Its good writing the way he's used them to get around. DL looks to be safe too. Sylar, I think they left the door open for him to make a "surprise" comeback.

Overall my only complaint is it could have easily been two hours. Too many brief parts that kept raising more questions. But I guess thats what keeps us coming back. I really like how Mr. Bennett kept saying how he had a plan. I'm very curious about that more than anything. And what is the significance of his name being Noah? Besides not ever hearing his first name before.

I was horribly disappointed with the finale. This whole season had been excellent, and the finale was just ahuge letdown. And it takes a LOT for me to be let down. I've never once complained about lost, and I watch Raw and ECW every week.

Some moments were cool, but this was, by far, the worst episode of the season. Bleh.

Lame final battle, they really got my hopes up after that "possivle future" ep where they do that "Big Trouble In Little China" red v. blue thing...As soon as Nikki jumped in, I was hoping for a battle royale. Also, sucks we couldn't see the "real" Candice (the fat one), since they pretty much said she really doesn't look like that hot lil thang. Or does she? bum bum bumm

[quote name='Scrubsy']I would have love a bigger fight sequence towards the end rather then a "sneak peek" at FF4 2 which I really didn't care to see.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately it'll probably take a Heroes movie to get a truly epic fight that it's capable of, due to length and budget. I could have done without the extended sneak peak of FF4 too, but I guess NBC is in trouble so they need every ad dollar they can squeeze out of their big shows.

And I think Mr. Bennet's name was only given any time at all as fan service.

[quote name='humidore'] Also, sucks we couldn't see the "real" Candice (the fat one), since they pretty much said she really doesn't look like that hot lil thang. Or does she? bum bum bumm[/quote]

i think hot candice is the real candice, when nikki/jessica (i dont even know who is who anymore) kicked her ass she reverted back to that form, so i would assume thats her true form

[quote name='Ma12kez']Decent ending.
Okay, so why didn't Peter just fly? Is it because he can use only one power at a time?
[/quote]

That's EXACTLY what I, and I'm sure a hell of a lot of us out here, were thinking. It's like, DUH,
you've absorbed Nathan's ability...use it to fly out over the ocean! That way Nathan wouldn't have to sacrifice himself.

But, the sacrifice WAS important to the plot of the show and the development, and no doubt they will most likely say that Peter was still inexperienced and/or could only access one power at a time, as you stated. And hell, more than likely Peter's not dead, and because he died off camera, Nathan may not be eiter...who's to say he didn't fly Peter up high enough into the atmosphere and over the ocean, then fly away right before he exploded? They have an escape clause.

Plus, they let God damn Syler off, just as I figured they would. It was bad ass to see him get curb stomped by Nicki, Hiro, and Peter though, even though it was too short and the Silver Surfer scene that took up time was a big let down.

But all in all, a DAMN good show, an outstanding opening season. It brings back memories of what Lost used to be.:cry:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the show's finale tanked so badly was because the ending had been written early on. The complexity of the show meant that the writers had to know where the show was going the whole season, and thus had to create it early and work toward it. Thus, the ending had all the mediocrity of the beginning episodes.

Obviously Peter survived. It's already been demonstrated that he can survive an explosion of that nature, even if he's the one who caused it in the first place (i.e. future episode).

I may go into more intense bitching about how the ending sucked later if I feel the need, but very few characters crossed the finish line with my respect for them intact. Although Ando still rocks.

My biggest complaint besides the million commercials is the final battle was weak...You have 2 characters with amazing abilities and more then 1/2 of it has peter punching sylar what the fuck

Won't nuclear material rain down on the city?
Are tracker girl and Micah gonna have a little puppy love?
When do the spin-off and second season air?

I think there are a few ways for Nathan to survive. One of which was already mentioned, taking Peter up high enough and flying away faster. Another could be Peter having come into contact with Linderman at one point and having the ability to heal others. And then they could work towards Peter only having to think about what he wants to do to gain that power temporarily.

I wonder whos, if anyones, Peter was able to "absorb" in the finale battle. My gut tells me probably no ones, but I think it would be kind of cool if he were able to locate people and walk through walls.

I wonder whos, if anyones, Peter was able to "absorb" in the finale battle. My gut tells me probably no ones, but I think it would be kind of cool if he were able to locate people and walk through walls.[/QUOTE]

I think he absorbed Nikki's strength, seeing how he beat the shit outta Syler

I found the ending to be very lame.
Lets go ahead and the have bady guy not die afterall. How f'ing cliche. Yea we'll just have him come back to fight again. I really hope another season is not based on killing him off for good. I won't mind if he has a VERY SMALL role ( 1 or 2 appearances.) I would like to see someone new who's ass needs to be kicked.

See, I personally loved the episode.
One of the big things for me WAS not killing Sylar. Sylar, to me, was a perfect foil to the heroes. It was sort of like how Mahone was the perfect foil for Michael on Prison Break. So I loved how Sylar managed to escape while we still fulfilled that shot of Hiro stabbing Sylar.
I thought it did kind of suck how a large portion of the episode was filler-ish, but it was still a pretty good episode. Not one of the best, but still enjoyable.

I thought that the episode was overall a let down.
I really was hoping for more of a final battle.
I did like that most of the characters were somewhat involved but it could have been much better.

I really was afraid that Sylar was going to be killed off. I was happy to see that he did survive. I liked the slight attempt at changing roles, the whole you're the bad guy... I'm the good guy. Would have been interesting if the others would have jumped Peter trying to stop him from exploding.

But it did wrap up the story in an ok way, just not in the holy Sh!t way that some of the earlier episodes.

I also thought that the final fight was a little lame. But, then again, does Peter have any "offensive" superpowers other than telekenesis? If he absorbed Nikki's super strength, I would think that Sylar would have been a little more beaten up...

But, Sylar HAS been shown to have superhuman toughness.

Hmmm....

wait....the ending doesnt make sense:
why does claire have to shoot peter in order for him to stop exploding? cant he regenerate like nathan and granny said? and after he regenerates (from claires powers) wont he end up exploding anway? also why did nathan have to take him all the way up to space? couldnt peter just take nathans powers and fly by himself? maybe im just over analyzing this but if anyone can answer these questions..please do

[quote name='becuzimbrown']wait....the ending doesnt make sense:
why does claire have to shoot peter in order for him to stop exploding? cant he regenerate like nathan and granny said? and after he regenerates (from claires powers) wont he end up exploding anway? also why did nathan have to take him all the way up to space? couldnt peter just take nathans powers and fly by himself? maybe im just over analyzing this but if anyone can answer these questions..please do
[/quote]

Dorney Park

[quote name='Pookymeister']Dorney Park[/quote]

Great another CAG from Allentown

somebody make thread for the CAGs in Allentown, theres like 30 of them here

anyway why dont you try to read my questions

[quote name='becuzimbrown']Great another CAG from Allentown

somebody make thread for the CAGs in Allentown, theres like 30 of them here

anyway why dont you try to read my questions[/quote]
IMHO,
I think Nathan did it to sacrifice himself to save NYC, instead of sacrificing NYC to save his dream, of becoming President. Sure Peter could've done it by himself, or could he (is he able to use multiple powers at once). It also make Nathan a true hero, since he sacrificed himself for the good of many.

Just my take

[quote name='craven_fiend']IMHO,
I think Nathan did it to sacrifice himself to save NYC, instead of sacrificing NYC to save his dream, of becoming President. Sure Peter could've done it by himself, or could he (is he able to use multiple powers at once). It also make Nathan a true hero, since he sacrificed himself for the good of many.
Just my take[/quote]

your spoiler quotes dont work....

anyways:
remember Peter has "pure heart" and he wouldnt let his brother die for no reason

but maybe youre right he probably cant use multiple powers at once

I think it has to do with the fact that a bullet or object would be in his brain and not allow him to regenerate, like when Claire had that piece of wood and it wasn't until it was taken out that she came back to life. Or even with Peter, he had the glass stuck in his head and I suppose that didn't allow him to regenerate.

[quote name='Thongsy']
I think it has to do with the fact that a bullet or object would be in his brain and not allow him to regenerate, like when Claire had that piece of wood and it wasn't until it was taken out that she came back to life. Or even with Peter, he had the glass stuck in his head and I suppose that didn't allow him to regenerate.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, well than that wouldn't be killing Peter, but rather just postponing the explosion, right? Since they could, if needed, just remove the bullet from his brain and he'd continue living, and whenever he went radioactive they could repeat the process over again until he masters the power?

[quote name='Moxio']
Yes, well than that wouldn't be killing Peter, but rather just postponing the explosion, right? Since they could, if needed, just remove the bullet from his brain and he'd continue living, and whenever he went radioactive they could repeat the process over again until he masters the power?
[/QUOTE]

I think that's what they would do. That's pretty much all I was about to post.

Have you guys caught up with the online comic? They got really great stories that fall in between episodes. The latest, "The Death of Hana Gitelman" is about the 2nd tracking device that needs to be destroyed, its a satellite. Hana, if you don't remember, has powers that pretty much connect her to the internet to do whatever she wants. This is her story and its pretty damn cool.

Here's the links to the novels in case any of you have missed http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/novels_library.shtml

Ok so I've read the following spoilers for next season
Nathan and Peter (obviously) both survive.

Now I wonder if this is in part with Sylar going underground. Some people on NBC.com seem to think that Sylar may have been dragged down the manhole. Those people also seem to think that Claude was the one that could've pulled him under, as no one saw Sylar get dragged. They also seem to think that Sylar will take Candice's power and become Nathan, which would fit in with Nathan "surviving" the explosion.

And the same spoiler mentioned that the bigger evil will be revealed within the first few episodes of season 2 and that the person has already been cast.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Have you guys caught up with the online comic? They got really great stories that fall in between episodes. The latest, "The Death of Hana Gitelman" is about the 2nd tracking device that needs to be destroyed, its a satellite. Hana, if you don't remember, has powers that pretty much connect her to the internet to do whatever she wants. This is her story and its pretty damn cool.

Here's the links to the novels in case any of you have missed http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/novels_library.shtml[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's primely colored.

Did the citizens of new york see the explosion in the sky, and wonder "hey, why is there an explosion in the sky?" or were they all looking in the opposite direction for some reason? claire was bending over to pick up a penny on the ground??

Anyone know if NBC has any plans on releasing the Heroes graphic novel in book form? I really hate reading it on the computer and would prefer to read it in book form.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Anyone know if NBC has any plans on releasing the Heroes graphic novel in book form? I really hate reading it on the computer and would prefer to read it in book form.[/quote]

Thats like asking if the like to print money..... there is no doubt that they will it will be just a matter of when....

bread's done
Back