Heroes Volume 3: Villains

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']that was my thought, he was dead when the haitin was knocked out. as far as we know he isnt immortal like claire.[/QUOTE]

That's my assumption as well. He just learned how to heal as that was the power he saw her use. Just like he didn't have all of Sylar's powers before last episode, just the one he saw him use (telekinesis).

Thus all he could do was heal, and he couldn't as the Haitian was nearby so he died before the Haitian was knocked out.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i just dont understand why peter would need sylars power. i mean, he gets powers just from hangin out with heroes.[/quote]
Yeah, I don't quite understand it either. Future Peter told him to see Sylar since he was the solution to getting rid of the formula thats being distributed? I think I need to rewatch this episode. I kept flipping between this, Angels/Red Sox game, and Saints/Vikings game. =/

EDIT: Okay, so I kinda get what the whole deal of him getting Sylar's power. In the end, it kinda relates the butterfly effect they've been throwing around. So, Sylar's ability is he figures how things work (and the hunger thing, but put that aside). If Peter knows how things work, he can go back to the present day and see what things he can change so that the future isn't so crazy. The little twist is the hunger part.

Yeaaah.. whatever, just go with the flow. How Adam fits in the other subplot, I have no clue.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ananag112']How did Sylar get the exploding man's power again in the future?
[/QUOTE]

Again? Why would he not have it? He already took it at the end of season 1.

Season 3 has been amazing. Just as good if not better than season 1. I can't see how anybody wouldn't like it.

Theoretically, Peter wouldn't be able to get the Haitian's power, unless he had a wider range of power absorption than the Haitian's range of power cancellation.

I know I couldn't have been the only one thinking about the Simpsons episode with Homer's spirit guide when Parkman was following that turtle.

"When I kick you, it means go faster!"

Great episode last night. Seeing Good Sylar fight was pretty epic, and I was especially shocked at his explosion. I had almost forgotten he had that power.

[quote name='Matt Young']Again? Why would he not have it? He already took it at the end of season 1.

Season 3 has been amazing. Just as good if not better than season 1. I can't see how anybody wouldn't like it.[/QUOTE]

But didn't Sylar lose almost all of his abilities? Does someone else have the same power or did Sylar just somehow remember how to do it again?

[quote name='tacklebox']Theoretically, Peter wouldn't be able to get the Haitian's power, unless he had a wider range of power absorption than the Haitian's range of power cancellation.[/QUOTE]

Or he could get someone else to knock the Haitian out (like Ando) and then absorb his powers.

Sylar had lost all his abilities due to the Shanti virus. He got them back at the end of season 2. As far as I know, he has all his old abilities plus the new ones he gained from Claire and former Peter/Latino scream guy.

i just remembered something last night that bugged me. future molly. why didnt they just get a different actress. shouldnt she have been like 16 years old or something around there.

This show can sometimes be frustrating to watch, but I hate to miss it. It's like Smallvile, in that regard.

And holy bad writing, Batman! I re-watched the first episodes. I think Mohinder giving himself powers was completely out-of-character. Mohinder never expressed a want for powers. I would have preferred Mohinder to have remained the humanity focal point for the series. I think Team Heroes gave him powers just so they could reference another property.

Also, why would Sylar not disable the TK Guy right after TK Guy threatens his son? Sure, he doesn't want to expose Little Noah to his Sylar personality, but one would assume preservation would rank higher than appearance.

Maya's second mutation appears to be the ability to quickly understand and use languages. It sure seems to be working with her English.

Then there's the Haitian. I like the character. However, he was at least 50 feet away when Claire shot Future Peter (in the chest, from what it looked like). His radius appears to have increased. If he has increased his radius, I could believe it. But why would Future Peter stay dead if the Haitian was not present to negate Future Peter's powers? And don't give me that "the bullets would stay inside of his head (even though Claire shot him in the chest)" theory. Just last week Sylar was shot by HRG several times and the bullets popped out of him due to the healing ability.

There's a lot happening. But as with most things, I prefer quality of quantitiy.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i just remembered something last night that bugged me. future molly. why didnt they just get a different actress. shouldnt she have been like 16 years old or something around there.[/quote]

That also didn't make sense. Unless her second mutation ability is the ability to negate aging. :whistle2:#

The only thing I can come up with about the Haitian and future Peter is that once those bullets were hit and his powers were negated that he died. And because he died his powers wouldn't kick on and regenerate him like they would with Claire because Peter needs to think about how that person made him feel or some shit to use his power (he said something like that in season 1) and he can't do that cause he's dead.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i just remembered something last night that bugged me. future molly. why didnt they just get a different actress. shouldnt she have been like 16 years old or something around there.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one it was a huge WTF when she walked out and looked the same. I think they were just desperate to throw her in somewhere .

Claire plays a ridiculously unconvincing badguy.

Best episode so far this season, which isn't saying much, and had me rolling my eyes far too often.

I'm barely hanging on, I doubt I'll be able to finish the season.

[quote name='levi333']Claire plays a ridiculously unconvincing badguy.
[/QUOTE]
The brown hair and eye shadow don't convince you enough? :lol:

My thoughts for the episode -

-Not sure how I feel about the "given-powers" vs "born with powers" plot they're going with here. If it even really matters.

-Last season we had the Shanti virus that would eventually kill everyone, now there is the formula/super juice that will eventually kill everyone. Can we just get some bad guys who are fucking shit up for no reason?

-Aat the moment we can currently root for almost everyone. We don't know who the heroes are all prepping for, just awaiting an event where the shit hits the fan. We need somebody to hate, a bad guy leader that we're waiting for the heroes to confront. The third Summers brother instantly turned around into fan favorite. We really need a clear distinction of who is bad and good. There is already too much going on that makes us wonder what is really going on.

-Where is my bad ass Hiro? Am I really supposed to think the company would just send him and Ando to dig up Adam? At least give him the damn sword back, at least he'll be a nerd with a sword.

-Parkman and Daphne seemed too forced. They could have just used some random new chick for his future storyline but maybe when they meet it will be interesting. I'm still wondering how the hell Matt is coming back from wherever he is

-Am I the only one waiting for a scene with a bunch of Peters from different time lines and something whacky to commence? He needs to stop channeling his inner Keanu/Neo.

-Nathan is reminding me of Lex Luthor, in his mind he's doing what he truly believes is best for the world

-Can we get someone who shoots lasers? I just want to see some lasers.

just read a brief preview of next weeks episode

Ando frets over Hiro's decision to befriend Daphne and Knox

Future Ando killing evil Hiro maybe?

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']the new black guy who uses people fear against them[/quote]

Yep. Knox's strength depends on how much people fear him. I imagine he and Maury Parkman would be a good team-up.

Maybe the Haitian can decide how big his power canceling aura be.

I find it hilarious when Peter hit the Haitian with the trash can lid. All the power canceling power can't even stop him from getting hit.

I also enjoyed family-man Sylar. I wonder who the mother is...

As for who's pulling the strings, I figure it would be Mr. Petrelli. But it wouldn't make too much sense if Adam Monroe is Mr. Petrelli and he was just dug up. Maybe he had some contingency plan/ Plan B if his original Shanti virus plan failed.

Wouldn't it be great, though, if
Mr. Petrelli was the one orchestrating the completion of the formula, and Mrs. Petrelli was the one trying to organize the heroes to stop it from happening? That would certainly make things interesting.

I'm starting to think the writers have no idea where the story should go and they just try to make a fun episode each week with no regard for the universe they've created.

Also, time travel is so freaking lame if it isn't done properly. Hiro = done properly. The part where he was sitting at the desk making the hands of the clock go forwards and backwards was great. Peter = not done properly. I liked it much better when that drugged out dude just painted the future instead of them actually showing it to us and Peter going whenever and wherever he likes.

I don't know how I feel yet... Season 1 was great. Season 2 was horrible and Season 3 is only marginally better. I'm hoping they can pull a "Lost" and turn it around quick.

My thoughts, finally watched the recent episode last night.

What are Adam's powers, besides immortality? Escapes me at the moment, but if he has none, then Ando and Hiro should be alright to teleport him back with them to the Company. Also, the Haitian really needs a name already.

As for future Peter (FP from here out), I think the only way he could come back is if he had been healed. But I guess it wouldn't matter once Peter returned to present day in Sylar's cell. All FPs should be alive. Because, theoretically, once he is killed at birth, all FPs will exist.

I agree with the comparison of Nathan to Lex Luthor. I think he, as long as Linderman is a "part" of him, will end up being the main catalyst for the villians. The Messiahesque complex may go a long way in this regard.

I think Claire may start to go off her rocker in the next episode, since Noah is working with Sylar. He took more than her ability, he made here a "freak" :rofl:

Also, the previews for next week, I am pretty sure the man talking to Angela, may very well be Mr. Petrelli. She seems as if she has seen a ghost.

Sure there is more I missed/wanted to comment on, but those are what stick out to me.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I was wondering why FP didn't heal. He definitely has Claire's power.[/quote]

Haitian in same room, FP was killed, Haitian negates powers, healing couldn't work, FP dies because he couldn't heal, and since Haitian was still around (maybe not in room, but nearby) then powers were still negated. Now the question is if the powers will bring him back from the dead, or if he's too far gone, depends on what the writers decide to do I guess.

All in all, I'm pretty apprehensive about this third season. They're adding in a lot of new stuff while ignoring a lot of the older seasons too. Maya now seems useless as a character, some characters were simply forgotten (claire's boyfriend, girl who can do anything she sees) and now they're adding where anyone can have an ability. Unfortunately, it feels too much like 4400, which though I enjoyed, kinda fizzled after that coming up in the story.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Haitian in same room, FP was killed, Haitian negates powers, healing couldn't work, FP dies because he couldn't heal, and since Haitian was still around (maybe not in room, but nearby) then powers were still negated. Now the question is if the powers will bring him back from the dead, or if he's too far gone, depends on what the writers decide to do I guess.

All in all, I'm pretty apprehensive about this third season. They're adding in a lot of new stuff while ignoring a lot of the older seasons too. Maya now seems useless as a character, some characters were simply forgotten (claire's boyfriend, girl who can do anything she sees) and now they're adding where anyone can have an ability. Unfortunately, it feels too much like 4400, which though I enjoyed, kinda fizzled after that coming up in the story.[/QUOTE]

Tough call. PP was able to use Sylars power on Nathan, then teleport out, then FP "should" have come back.

Like you said it depends on how long theyre out though. Look how crispy Adam was in that explosion.

I have no idea what's going on with the story after this episode.
Ando's dead? Peter's evil? Parkman's still following turtles? Mohinder is a vampire/aliens style thing?

I thought that was an excellent episode that revealed quite a bit. Glad the story line of Nathan thinking he was doing God's work didn't progress very far. Will be interesting to see how the war story line their building up with the Army Mr. Petrelli is building vs. the other side (which I presume will be led by Mrs. Petrelli).

Also nice to see that Linderman was just the work of Parkman's dad as we all suspected.

I'm definitely digging this season so far.

I thought it was okay up until the
Hero stabbing Ando bullshit.
What the hell was that?

Did enjoy the following between Nathan and Mrs. Petrelli:

Mrs. Petrelli: Help us.

Nathan: Go to hell.
:rofl:

Yeah, I really like all the twists and everything, but it's really hard to keep track of where everybody is at now, all the lines have been blurred.

I'm not sure how I feel about what happened to Ando. Hiro could have just as easily
stopped time and killed Knox, and he would have looked even more badass.

FYI, it was decided after an earlier episode that we don't need to use spoiler tags after the episode has aired.

It's annoying to have to hit show spoiler over and over to read through the thread after the show.

[quote name='dmaul1114']FYI, it was decided after an earlier episode that we don't need to use spoiler tags after the episode has aired.

It's annoying to have to hit show spoiler over and over to read through the thread after the show.[/quote]
I don't think people on the West Coast have seen it yet.

Maybe with Ando
Hiro transported an Ando from a different timeline and killed him while moving the present day Ando somewhere safe.

[quote name='dcfox']I don't think people on the West Coast have seen it yet.
[/QUOTE]

They should be smart enough to not click on the thread after it airs on the east coast. What else are people going to be talking about after it has aired in the east?

So I though the rule was after it aired on the east, no spoilers needed. If not, I'll just stay out of the thread as another forum I read used the no spoilers after it airs rule.

I can certainly see why Adno may try to kill Hiro later.:lol:

I guess that blew the whole Adam is Mr. Petrelli idea out of the water.

Some nice twists in there. Although I really can't believe that Hiro killed Ando. I think that was really out of character. I hope Ando comes back and kicks his ass.
Great episode though.

[quote name='dcfox']So is Linderman
really just an illusion created by Parkman's father?
[/quote]

I guess so. It makes sense to use with Nathan, but why bother with Daphne? There's no real reason to trick her using him.

The scene with Hiro, Ando, Knox, and Daphne in that bar was stupid. This season seems to be jumping all over the place right now.

Hiro is both a dumbass and a dick this season, no wonder Ando looked almost happy to kill him in the future. Peter got comfortable ripping off skulls in record time, Sylar is either manipulating people to some end or just passing the time, hard to tell right now. Mohinder........... what the fuck was that? Does anybody talk anymore, I mean i'm pretty sure saying hey turning into a mutant might have bought him a "Alright we'll see how this plays out" from Mya . I'm liking this season, entire cast is turning evil and having fun doing it.

The Hiro/Ando thing made me laugh. It was done in such a fast, yet odd fashion.

Also, I know Parkman's dad wasn't dead, but how exactly did he end up with the "other" company? He couldn't have been part of the level 5 breakout since he was messing with Nathan's mind at the time..

Also, Mr. Petrelli, we've seen this dude before, right? I remember seeing a face like that in season 1, but, I forgot what he did.

[quote name='coolsteel']Hiro is both a dumbass and a dick this season, no wonder Ando looked almost happy to kill him in the future. Peter got comfortable ripping off skulls in record time, Sylar is either manipulating people to some end or just passing the time, hard to tell right now. Mohinder........... what the fuck was that? Does anybody talk anymore, I mean i'm pretty sure saying hey turning into a mutant might have bought him a "Alright we'll see how this plays out" from Mya . I'm liking this season, entire cast is turning evil and having fun doing it.[/quote]

hiros been a dumbass since day 1. he pretty much does what hes told.
mohinder... is he turning into the fly? or man spider?

no parkman this episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bouncy:
when they do bring him back tho, i hope he does something cool
his parts have been pretty lame so far this season.. waahhh

[quote name='tokitoki50']I guess so. It makes sense to use with Nathan, but why bother with Daphne? There's no real reason to trick her using him.[/QUOTE]
I would say so there is a general leader that they are following so when the army pulls together they all already trust the same figure head.

interesting episode. nice bridge and you can feel that it is leading to something major though.

-I want to Micah and Parkman more in the show. they add a level of warmth that doesn't feel flooded with silliness to me. stupid yes but micah could potentially be the strongest person on the planet like any other character if they were written or drawn properly in the comic books.

-I actually like Sylar as a character now. I actually see him being a better hero in the long run than peter

-what powers does Mr. Petrelli have? Though my honest guess would be to compare him to professor X. parkman and his dad may considered the same, but if you can do what parkman and his dad do, why would you be mentally afraid of another person?

-I can see how that alternate future peter saw is starting to unfold. Something is going to happen to claire shortly that will lead her down that path she is on. Sylar is changing and it seems though that is actually inherently good as a person. he will eventually kill HRG not becuase he wants to but to save himself or someone else.

sorry for the wall of text mssages I am just putting my new ideas out there for everyone to read through.

What was the point of Maya in Heroes? She was the most pointless character in the whole damn show. They had a big buildup with her and her brother and it led to nowhere.

[quote name='ananag112']What was the point of Maya in Heroes? She was the most pointless character in the whole damn show. They had a big buildup with her and her brother and it led to nowhere.[/QUOTE]

Writer's strike messed up her original point, she was supposed to have something to do with the cure for the virus that would have been released in season 2

bread's done
Back