HEY! You beat up my son! So what? He's 5! Meh. U knocked his teef out! (GGT 29)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turok is going back to Gamestop, and liking Turok was all a joke.

In seriousness I like Blue Dragon though. Honestly I dont care if you like it or not, I enjoy it and thats all that matters.

[quote name='InuFaye']Turok is going back to Gamestop, and liking Turok was all a joke.

In seriousness I like Blue Dragon though. Honestly I dont care if you like it or not, I enjoy it and thats all that matters.[/QUOTE]I'm mixed about the soundtrack so far. Some of it I like, some I do not like. Blue Dragon hasn't hooked me yet, but I'm still on the first disc when the game is really slow. When I get time, I'll get through it.

Well I'm basically stuck at school for a few hours until my wife gets out of work or until the rain stops. She has the car, and I'm not walking from the bus stop in this downpour.

[quote name='Apossum']between this and Turok, it's like you're trying to outdo everyone by having the worst taste :lol:[/quote]

Blue Dragon is a good game..... Y'all talk like it's terrible.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Because it is...[/quote]

A good JRPG with depth and character development and variety.

what makes lost odyssey different? Because it has adult-esque characters and movie length cutscenes?

[quote name='SL4IN']Blue Dragon is a good game..... Y'all talk like it's terrible.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't talking about the game, I meant the music. Boss fight music in particular. was not trying to put down Inufaye, just having some fun.

[quote name='Apossum']I wasn't talking about the game, I meant the music. Boss fight music in particular. was not trying to put down Inufaye, just having some fun.[/quote]

Ok well that's cool then. Like I said in an earlier post, the music is the last thing I notice about a game. I thought you where downing the game and not the music.

I enjoyed Blue Dragon a lot. The ability to take on bits of pieces of each different skill tree was appealing to me and I liked the mixing & matching aspect of it. The comment about the music is right though. They could have invested in like....more than one boss theme.

[quote name='Apossum']indeed. Case 2 is pretty fun so far-- played up to the "twist" last night.[/quote]
What "twist"? There's like a billion of them =)

Wow, people are hyped for Crisis Core... craziness =P I played the J-version, it was pretty good but kinda repetitive.

I've been waiting to try Blue Dragon, but I don't agree with the price. Maybe I should just bite the bullet though...

[quote name='kainzero']What "twist"? There's like a billion of them =)

Wow, people are hyped for Crisis Core... craziness =P I played the J-version, it was pretty good but kinda repetitive.

I've been waiting to try Blue Dragon, but I don't agree with the price. Maybe I should just bite the bullet though...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I don't get the hype. What exactly is it being based on? A mediocre game (FFVII), a horrible game (Dirge of Cerberus), or a terrible movie (Advent Children)?

[quote name='kainzero']What "twist"? There's like a billion of them =)

I've been waiting to try Blue Dragon, but I don't agree with the price. Maybe I should just bite the bullet though...[/QUOTE]

after you get DeLite acquitted for larceny and you find out there was a murder that took place where he was.

[quote name='Apossum']
after you get DeLite acquitted for larceny and you find out there was a murder that took place where he was.
[/QUOTE]
Did you also think DeLite was a girl like the whole case?

am I the only person here that is more hyped for Patapon than Smash Bros?

then again, I'd be more hyped by smash bros n64 on the VC then the new smash bros.

thinking of that, I now would wish Suda 51 would make a fighting game.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Did you also think DeLite was a girl like the whole case?[/QUOTE]

that goes without saying. another one of those, "hey, kinda hot, would look better with glas...OH GOD NO" moments.

I'm jealous of you that have played the NG DS demo...I haven't gotten around to downloading it...it could just be that I'm pissed the fucking demo channel isn't up yet for us!

[quote name='Apossum']that goes without saying. another one of those, "hey, kinda hot, would look better with glas...OH GOD NO" moments.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah. glasses chicks are lame.

I haven't had much time the last couple days to play anything other than some Fire Emblem here and there on the ol Micro. Kind of feeling sick right now. To tell the truth, I wouldn't mind a couple days off, even if I was throwing up.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'] I now would wish Suda 51 would make a fighting game.[/quote]

No, Suda 51 should do a dating sim.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Yeah, I don't get the hype. What exactly is it being based on? A mediocre game (FFVII), a horrible game (Dirge of Cerberus), or a terrible movie (Advent Children)?[/quote]
Crisis Core is about when Zack joins SOLDIER so it's a prequel of sorts to FF 7.

But I swear this game was made for all the girls to fawn over how pretty everyone looks. Blah.

It'll be nice when the game comes out here so I can actually talk about it...

[quote name='Chacrana']Well yeah. glasses chicks are lame.[/quote]
Take that back! I know you didn't mean it! =P

[quote name='kainzero']

Take that back! I know you didn't mean it! =P[/QUOTE]

he's a non-believer :(

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']am I the only person here that is more hyped for Patapon than Smash Bros?[/QUOTE]
I'd be more hyped for getting punched in the face than for Smash Bros.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']remember, GoW on PSP is hitting PS2 later on this year so wait.[/QUOTE]

I'd like for this to be confirmed.

[quote name='kainzero']But I swear this game was made for all the girls to fawn over how pretty everyone looks. Blah.[/QUOTE]
It is. Well, at least the SOLDIER fans who like to pair Sephiroth, Cloud, and Zack together, and now have new bishies (Angeal, Genesis, etc.) to play with.

I'm not getting Crisis Core, mainly because I don't want to buy a PSP, but also because Dirge of Cerberus was a travesty wrapped in shinies. As such, I've been reading up on CC spoilers, and have started hearing about how FFVII canon was warped in this new Compilation installment.

Though the gameplay's supposed to be pretty good, there is canon rape, I'll say that much, and some of the new story elements added are pretty lame. Consider yourselves warned.

Crisis Core doesn't look so hot after watching some gameplay videos. I was kinda hoping it would be good too, but after Dirge of Cerberus (worst game ever IMO) I might have to wait for a demo/reviews.

[quote name='whoknows']Crisis Core doesn't look so hot after watching some gameplay videos. I was kinda hoping it would be good too, but after Dirge of Cerberus (worst game ever IMO) I might have to wait for a demo/reviews.[/QUOTE]It actually got a much better impression from those who played the Japanese version, and it's not really developed by the same creators as Dirge of Cerberus.

I dunno how true it is about GoW coming to PS2 later in the year. Usually SCEA themself won't bring a game to PS2 until at least a year.

Whaddya know? I played DMC4 and Oblivion last night! In that order!

Anyone get Lost Odyssey with the free junk from GS? Just curious how that is...

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It actually got a much better impression from those who played the Japanese version, and it's not really developed by the same creators as Dirge of Cerberus.[/QUOTE]

The combat just looks really stiff in the videos. I'd loved to be surprised though and end up liking it.

[quote name='gunm']Whaddya know? I played DMC4 and Oblivion last night! In that order!

Anyone get Lost Odyssey with the free junk from GS? Just curious how that is...[/QUOTE]

I played DMC4 too!!

I've mainly been doing Bloody Palace myself, I think I need to upgrade Nero though, I don't even have a second row of life yet...maybe that's why I'm having trouble :p

[quote name='gunm']Whaddya know? I played DMC4 and Oblivion last night! In that order!

Anyone get Lost Odyssey with the free junk from GS? Just curious how that is...[/QUOTE]
I should have it in about half an hour. Wife is finally out of work, and I'll be picking it up.

[quote name='KingBroly']Someone forgot about God of War on PSP.[/quote]

I haven't forgotten about it, I just know it's going to be mindless hack n slash with absolutely no skill/thinking involved throughout the whole game with a story that really doesn't matter much.

I'm just ignoring it.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I should have it in about half an hour. Wife is finally out of work, and I'll be picking it up.[/quote]

Lucky you. I need to sell some stuff to afford it. I have $3 in my wallet right now... and I need $5 for tomorrow... Damnit.

[quote name='blueshinra']It is. Well, at least the SOLDIER fans who like to pair Sephiroth, Cloud, and Zack together, and now have new bishies (Angeal, Genesis, etc.) to play with.

I'm not getting Crisis Core, mainly because I don't want to buy a PSP, but also because Dirge of Cerberus was a travesty wrapped in shinies. As such, I've been reading up on CC spoilers, and have started hearing about how FFVII canon was warped in this new Compilation installment.

Though the gameplay's supposed to be pretty good, there is canon rape, I'll say that much, and some of the new story elements added are pretty lame. Consider yourselves warned.[/quote]
Okay, so I lied. =P I didn't play the J-version, I tested the game, but since I have to observe the confidentiality agreement I don't know how much I can or cannot talk about the game... which is why I'm hoping that it comes out soon so I can actually say something.

I don't know if I can really comment on gameplay...

Story, I don't know what is or isn't canon or whatever, but I thought it was a lot of fun going through the game and checking out the story and comparing it to FF7 =P And I thought it came together pretty well. I'd only have issue with how retardedly anime-ish certain parts are. On the other hand, I'm not as hardcore into FF7 as the rest of that fandom so I wouldn't know. I thought FF7 was pretty fun but nowhere near deserving of the hype it gets to this day...

See, you have Front Mission underneath your Now Playing, and I tested that and oh, the fun stories we had testing that game... let's just say no one liked it at all... except me, I thought it was decent and everyone chastised me for it =P

[quote name='linkpwns']Lucky you. I need to sell some stuff to afford it. I have $3 in my wallet right now... and I need $5 for tomorrow... Damnit.[/QUOTE]

Ya idgit, u from staten island. ain't yo know you can jus steal like 40 o 50 dollas from yo moms purse?

[quote name='Chacrana']Ya idgit, u from staten island. ain't yo know you can jus steal like 40 o 50 dollas from yo moms purse?[/quote]

you can only do that stuff in staten island?

[quote name='kainzero']Okay, so I lied. =P I didn't play the J-version, I tested the game, but since I have to observe the confidentiality agreement I don't know how much I can or cannot talk about the game... which is why I'm hoping that it comes out soon so I can actually say something.

I don't know if I can really comment on gameplay...

Story, I don't know what is or isn't canon or whatever, but I thought it was a lot of fun going through the game and checking out the story and comparing it to FF7 =P And I thought it came together pretty well. I'd only have issue with how retardedly anime-ish certain parts are. On the other hand, I'm not as hardcore into FF7 as the rest of that fandom so I wouldn't know. I thought FF7 was pretty fun but nowhere near deserving of the hype it gets to this day...

See, you have Front Mission underneath your Now Playing, and I tested that and oh, the fun stories we had testing that game... let's just say no one liked it at all... except me, I thought it was decent and everyone chastised me for it =P[/QUOTE]I'm very FFVII hardcore, liking Advent Children and even Dirge of Cerberus (once I adjusted the controls). ;) Yeah, I noticed the anime look of Crisis Core a little, but I do not mind (being kind of an anime fan myself). ;)

I now have CoD4 PS3 in my hands, due to several PSN friends trying to get me to buy it. I'll probably play it later this week, since I'm going to spend my evening doing project stuff.

[quote name='SL4IN']you can only do that stuff in staten island?[/QUOTE]

You can only steal 40 to 50 dollas in Staten Island. Dats all yo momma got!

Timeshift is all right. Near the end of ACT 5 now (horrible wind turbine level). Its probably the crappiest puzzle EVAR though.

And I'm midway through an Uncharted: Drakes Fortune review

[quote name='Azumangaman']Timeshift is all right. Near the end of ACT 5 now (horrible wind turbine level). Its probably the crappiest puzzle EVAR though.

And I'm midway through an Uncharted: Drakes Fortune review[/QUOTE]

Reading it?

Blue dragon boss battle theme is horrendous. This is true.
Boss battle music is not the whole game.

I got rid of Turok and got my moneyz back and put that shit down on crisis core.
I like my Final Fantasy 7. I honestly don't care if you do or not. .

I also got Timeshift and Kane and Lynch for PC at Target for 12 dollars.

You know what game is still awesome? New Super Mario Bros. Just picked up a saved game I had from the summer on there and was playing a few levels. It's just a blast. Why haven't we heard anything about a follow up to it? I'd love to see them do for Mario 3 or World what this one did for 1. It's not like it's not a sound financial move, the game sold like 5 trillion copies.

[quote name='kainzero']Story, I don't know what is or isn't canon or whatever, but I thought it was a lot of fun going through the game and checking out the story and comparing it to FF7 =P And I thought it came together pretty well. I'd only have issue with how retardedly anime-ish certain parts are. On the other hand, I'm not as hardcore into FF7 as the rest of that fandom so I wouldn't know. I thought FF7 was pretty fun but nowhere near deserving of the hype it gets to this day...

See, you have Front Mission underneath your Now Playing, and I tested that and oh, the fun stories we had testing that game... let's just say no one liked it at all... except me, I thought it was decent and everyone chastised me for it =P[/QUOTE]
I'm very much a hardcore FFVII fan, and fairly active in the fandom. I too have come to believe that the original game's overrated, but it's still very near and dear to my heart, so I can understand others' fervor for it. As for the Compilation and canon, it seems like casual FFVII fans and fandom n00bs are a bit more forgiving of the retconning than us oldbies are. I did like much of Advent Children, though.

And I love the Front Mission series; it's one of the best things Square Enix has going for them right now. Seems like Front Mission's a love-it-or-don't-care-for-it series, though. Currently playing through the UCS campaign on the hardest setting; it's kicking my ass, but I'm making progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back