HEY! You beat up my son! So what? He's 5! Meh. U knocked his teef out! (GGT 29)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the touch screen controls, all I can think is that this is what Phantom Hourglass would be if it weren't complete shit.

NG DS looks great.

[quote name='InuFaye']Ninja Gaiden DS and Crisis core on the SAME DAY!!!!

March is the new October.[/QUOTE]
Reminds me of when RE4 and Suikoden 4 came out on the same day. My favorite game of all time, and another that was complete shit. While NGDS probably won't be my favorite game of all time, I'm sure Crisis Core will follow in that proud FFVII tradition of being mediocre at best.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Reminds me of when RE4 and Suikoden 4 came out on the same day. My favorite game of all time, and another that was complete shit. While NGDS probably won't be my favorite game of all time, I'm sure Crisis Core will follow in that proud FFVII tradition of being mediocre at best.[/QUOTE]

based on the two minute demo, NG will be my favorite handheld game evar.

[quote name='Apossum']based on the two minute demo, NG will be my favorite handheld game evar.[/quote]

This.

[quote name='Apossum']based on the two minute demo, NG will be my favorite handheld game evar.[/QUOTE]
I'd agree, but unfortunately the Phoenix Wright series was created.

[quote name='Chacrana']Apollo Justice is out in a week! Glee!

Don't care that this'll be the third Ace Attorney game in a year. I'm happy[/QUOTE]
Hell yeah. I'm all over that shit. Same day as DW6 too! Insane!

I'm probably going to end up putting off Apollo Justice for a bit while I play Lost Odyssey though, which is unfortunate.

That's the plan at least. Might just devote a few days to flying through the latest Attorney adventure.

My handheld gaming is seperate from my console gaming. I play the DS/PSP when I'm at school or late at night when the wife doesn't allow me on the consoles anymore.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']when the wife doesn't allow me on the consoles anymore.[/quote]
6lta042en8.gif

Hai guyz.

I too, am excited for NGDS, I have half of it paid off in pre-orders. However, Crisis Core will wait, because I refuse to pay $40 for a handheld game.

I'm so serious this Twisted Metal Head On port is fantastic. Best $20 game in a LONG time.

And I'd buy Crisis Core at high price.

March can't be the new October unless half of everything goes on sale / clearanced.

Anyway I pre-ordered NGDS @ GS 'cuz I need that sword stylus.

Tonight will either be more DMC4 and Oblivion. Or maybe just Oblivion--haven't decided yet.

Crisis Core is supposed to be great, too. I don't like paying $40 for a portable game, but if I want a game, I'll pay it. I don't care enough about saving $10 when all I wanna do is play something.

[quote name='zewone']Is Head On kiddie like the other one or is it dark like Black?[/QUOTE]

It's colorful. I'm not really paying attention to anything but the game. It has 4 unreleased levels from Black, an extra level for Head On, and some goofy sweet tooth 3rd person section that has behind the scenes stuff you can find.

Also AWFUL live action endings from Twisted Metal 1 that were cut. These things are wretched in quality, but funny.

By the "other one" I'm guessing you mean small brawl. So no. The art in Head-On can be likened more to killer7/Jet Grind Radio, lots of high contrast colors and blacks.

I haven't even played it with the sound on so I couldn't give a crap what's happening between when a round starts and I win.

so sl4in u up for burnout tomorrow?
sorry i kinda forgot...well that and i had government hw i procrastinated and still am along with having to babysit :lol:

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so sl4in u up for burnout tomorrow?
sorry i kinda forgot...well that and i had government hw i procrastinated and still am along with having to babysit :lol:[/quote]

yeah I should be able to burnout tomorrow night.

I had head on when it hit PSP on day 1... it's great on the PSP and still holds up better than most PSP games. as for PS2 version, I don't know... how's the online?

I've not played a Twisted Metal game since I got my PS1 and picked up 2. Doesn't look like much has changed, but at $20 MSRP, it is tempting. Budget PSP-to-PS2 ports of solid games is a pretty good deal.

I was massively impressed by Ninja Gaiden DS' demo. I figured they were all talk with how well it worked and they certainly were not. And it just looks to have been refined since then.

I've got a Ninja Gaiden on the brain. Scouting a clearance copy of Sigma at Target, tempted by the download of Black. But Sigma is new and shiny (and load filled!) and I've played the Xbox version plenty.

Prolly gonna pick up R&C:GC for cheap and play that soon.

March is going to be big. I want Smash Brothers, Ninja Gaiden DS, Crisis Core and House of the Dead 2 & 3. I might even get Bully, I just don't know for which system yet.

Someone forgot about God of War on PSP. Or are you going to wait for the PS2 version like a lot of people?

I got Professor Layton yesterday. I'm probably going to get Ace Attorney next week. March is all about Brawl for me. If I can find a deal on Ninja Gaiden DS, I'll get it.

[quote name='KingBroly']Someone forgot about God of War on PSP. Or are you going to wait for the PS2 version like a lot of people?[/QUOTE]I'm buying it on PSP for sure. I've kind of retired my PS2 (although I'll pick up a niche RPG like Mana Khemia and Ar Tonelico 2), so I'm getting it on PSP. I enjoy playing high quality games on my PSP. :D A rumor floating around at GAF (which I partially believe) is that Ready At Dawn's next game (GoW is done and Okami Wii is almost done) will be Jak & Daxter on PS3 (I could see them making it due to having some old Naughty Dog employees).

I changed my sig/avatar to Lost Odyssey this week. I really want the game, but I gotta wait until I have more money and time (once my semester is over. :whistle2:( ). Knowing me, I'll find a way to buy it sooner. :)

As for Crisis Core, it's by far the game I want most in the first half of this year. Big time FFVII fan and I'd even pay as much as $50 for it.

[quote name='SL4IN']I refuse to pay $40 for a handheld game.[/QUOTE]
Bigot. CC is longer than dozens of other $60 games.

[quote name='jer7583']And I'd buy Crisis Core at high price.[/QUOTE]
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oXx0qwe0wc[/MEDIA]

I've got NG DS preordered for the stylus, but I hate paying $35 for it. That's a premium I rarely even suffer for first-party titles.

February is probably just Professor Layton (and Apollo Justice depending on timing), doubt I'm spending anywhere near $50 for DQ Swords.

March is Brawl, NG DS and probably Baroque or Okami.

I might very well have some time to dig into my GC and PS2 backlog since I won't be as obsessed with Brawl as most will be. Subspace Emissary for me.

[quote name='daroga']I've not played a Twisted Metal game since I got my PS1 and picked up 2. Doesn't look like much has changed, but at $20 MSRP, it is tempting. Budget PSP-to-PS2 ports of solid games is a pretty good deal.

I was massively impressed by Ninja Gaiden DS' demo. I figured they were all talk with how well it worked and they certainly were not. And it just looks to have been refined since then.

I've got a Ninja Gaiden on the brain. Scouting a clearance copy of Sigma at Target, tempted by the download of Black. But Sigma is new and shiny (and load filled!) and I've played the Xbox version plenty.

Prolly gonna pick up R&C:GC for cheap and play that soon.[/QUOTE]

If you end up doing that- CDMax in Brookfield (By the Best Buy there) usually has Going Commando for $10 or less. That's where I got my copy while I was over there a few weeks back.

Yeah, twisted metal head on isn't anything really new, but like you I haven't played one since TM2, so it's at least been a while. The new weapons and levels, and upgraded version of old levels (like the awesome paris one) make it a good time too. I'm really looking forward to Silent Hill Origins and Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, too.

Blacker then a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... That is coffee.

I gots DMC 4 just now for about $37 used. I really wanted the PS3 version, but that stupid 25% off + 10% off (edge card) coupon thing turned the tide. I hope I can still pull off awesome combos and crap on the 360 version. Time to go play!

[quote name='Apossum']Blacker then a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... That is coffee.[/QUOTE]
Godot is like half the reason PW3 is so amazing.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Godot is like half the reason PW3 is so amazing.[/QUOTE]

indeed. Case 2 is pretty fun so far-- played up to the "twist" last night.

[quote name='Apossum']indeed. Case 2 is pretty fun so far-- played up to the "twist" last night.[/quote]There's more where that came from.

I'm not sure why PGR4 sold so badly. It seems like it's everything PGR3 was but better. I suppose there's more competition on the console now over when PGR3 came out. Plus, not stingy on the achievements. I racked up 200 in an hour or two, more than I have from NFS Carbon after beating the game.

Goozex needs to get its ass in gear and provide me with DMC4.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I'm not sure why PGR4 sold so badly. It seems like it's everything PGR3 was but better. I suppose there's more competition on the console now over when PGR3 came out. Plus, not stingy on the achievements. I racked up 200 in an hour or two, more than I have from NFS Carbon after beating the game.

Goozex needs to get its ass in gear and provide me with DMC4.[/QUOTE]I think a lot of it has to do with, people have seen PGR games drop really fast and have now assumed PGR4 would drop fast. Most all my friends have been doing the same (although I bought during the TRU sale since I really like the series). Although from what I remember, PGR2 didn't sell as well as the first (and kind of got off to a slow start), but continued to pick up over time after price drops and becoming a Platinum Hit.

Although right now, I hit a brick wall at the game and haven't been playing.

EDIT: I decided to go through my email and I have a bunch of job opportunities. I'm a little upset I couldn't get my resume finished for a job opening at a Sony division. I did receive an email whether I'd be interested in moving to Japan for three years and working for Mitsubishi (then come back to the U.S.). That position seemed interesting as an Application Engineer.

[quote name='botticus']There's more where that came from.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be Phoenix Wright without completely ridiculous plot twists! :D

I started blue dragon last night, and I really liked what I played so far. Im gonna play more today, and maybe TUROK it up also.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Although right now, I hit a brick wall at the game and haven't been playing.[/quote]

What was the brick wall? Just curious so I can plan for the frustration.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']What was the brick wall? Just curious so I can plan for the frustration.[/QUOTE]For arcade mode, I'm on the last two Chapters with 2-4 races complete in each (I've had some trouble getting a silver on them). And with the Career mode, I have to do Time Attack on Nurburing(sp) on long (I freaking hate that track). A few times I tried the Time Attack I failed, but I just hate having to go through it.

[quote name='jer7583']If you end up doing that- CDMax in Brookfield (By the Best Buy there) usually has Going Commando for $10 or less. That's where I got my copy while I was over there a few weeks back.

Yeah, twisted metal head on isn't anything really new, but like you I haven't played one since TM2, so it's at least been a while. The new weapons and levels, and upgraded version of old levels (like the awesome paris one) make it a good time too. I'm really looking forward to Silent Hill Origins and Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, too.[/quote]I wish I was anywhere near Brookfield. It takes a solid 35 minutes to get down there. :p However, do they take DVD trade ins decently? I've got a stack of them that I'm too lazy to send in to SecondSpin but also don't want to get ripped off by Half-Price Books.

Hmm I've never taken DVDs there, but their prices are usually less than $10, so don't expect too much. Well, if you're in the area CDMax is a good one. Mega Media Exchange in greenfield on 76th near the southridge mall is pretty good too. I think they're all the same chain so they have the same prices.

[quote name='InuFaye']I love the music in blue dragon.

That is all.[/QUOTE]

between this and Turok, it's like you're trying to outdo everyone by having the worst taste :lol:

Yeah, I saw that in a single post, he referenced Blue Dragon and Turok like they were good things, and I shook my head. It was... maddening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back