How Long Does It Take To Beat This Game Thread - Now a wikii!

[quote name='Nealocus123']Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Xbox 360 took me 42hrs to get 100%[/QUOTE]
I bow to anyone that could play Lego Star Wars for 42 hrs, hats off.:applause:

Found this thread very helpful on many occasions. Realized today it is still actively updated so I registered on CAG to contribute. Below are games I've played that I know how long it took to beat.

PS1
Metal Gear Solid - beat at 13 hours

PS2
Black - 8:30 (beat, 22%, easy difficulty)

Devil May Cry - 7 hours gametime, but it's probably closer to 10 total, I got a lot of game overs and restarted from saves

God of War - beat at 9:30

God of War II - beat at 13:30

Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando - beat 15-16 hours

Metal Gear Solid 2 - beat at 15 hours

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - beat at 8:30, complete 100% at 13 hours

Wii

Bully: Scholarship Edition - beat at 18:20 with 76%

Metroid Prime 3 - credits at 14 hours, 65%

Resident Evil 4 Wii - 20 hours to beat

Getting back into gaming after getting a PS3. Hopefully I'll contribute regularly to this thread. :)

Thanks for carrying on the project when I was MIA.

Folklore (PS3) - 17 hours/? - a little attempt at completion at the beginning, but mostly just rushed through

According to IGN's video review (which I can't post a link to since I'm a newer member):

Assassin's Creed II, 18 hours without getting all the side stuff

Here is a list of a few recent games i have played through. I will round the time out to the nearest hour.

Manhunt / ps2 / 12 hours

Star ocean till the end of time/ ps2 / 36 hours (no side quests or crafting)

Shadow hearts Covenant / ps2 / 41 hours (no sidequests)

The elder scrolls 3 Morrowind / Xbox / 45 hours ( 40% of side quests done)

Rogue Warrior on the :360: took me 3 hours to complete on the regular difficulty. I would not recommend playing it unless you like playing bad shooters (which occasionally I do, which is why I rented it).

New Super Mario Bros. Wii, ~10 hours just to go through the all the worlds without any secrets unlocked or shortcuts taken. Played through entirely on coop with two players.

It took me about 22 hours to get a platinum for Assassin's Creed 2, although I did use a map for 6 glyphs and 55 feathers, so it would have taken longer without those.

[quote name='nbballard']Anyone got a time on Infamous? (Either path)[/QUOTE]

It took me about 28 hours to get a platinum on Infamous. The first playthrough on Normal (good) with 100% took about 18 hours; playing through it on the hardest difficulty (evil) and picking up leftover trophies along the way took me about 10 hours.

Took me about 16 hours to get a platinum in Eat Lead for PS3. I did two playthroughs, so if someone wanted to use a cheat to play through the hardest difficulty first and try to get all the trophies on one go through, it would probably take around 10 hours.

Borderlands:
I Beat it in 6 days, probably somewhere around 25-30 hours. I completed every quest including ALL Zombie Island DLC. Although I must admit towards the end I stopped really exploring entire maps unless I had to. I Beat it as a Lv. 38 Siren (Kick Ass!)

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers - Wii

I finished the game in about 10 hours only doing a few sidequests along the way. Disappointingly short... :cry:

Spider-Man: Friend or Foe (on 360, in my case) took around 9 hours to beat, or it would have been around 11 if I had bothered to fight the last boss 15 times just to get that last achievement.

Mister Mosquito for the PS2 took me 3 hours to beat. To get all of the hearts and collectibles it's going to take much longer than that though.

I beat :ps3:Wet on hard in about 5 hours. Beat it on Golden Bullets in about 3 hours.

It took me about 22 hours to get the platinum trophy for :ps3:Mirror's Edge. Lots of redoing time trials and speed runs.

I got the platinum trophy in :ps3:Jurassic: The Hunted in about 6 hours. 4 hours for the first play through, and 2 for the second. Very easy.

Platinum on Darksiders took me 24 hours (starting on the hardest difficulty). Probably a little bit longer than average, but not by much. (I did some grinding to level up my weapons about halfway though, instead of at the end of the game after they had naturally leveled up).

Last edited by a moderator:
:ps3: Dragon Age Origins
First playthrough, listening to the audio dialogue, 40+ hours.
To platinum, three playthroughs, 120ish hours.

Sands of Destruction (Nintendo DS) took about 19 hours, and that was even with about an hour of unnecessary grinding.

Though, at the same time, perhaps even more may have been necessary.

Gaming is quite individualistic. One can therefore not say how long one will take to complete a game - as each person is different - their levels' of skill as well as levels of interest..

Time to finish games is definately dependent on a number of factors- and is therefore relative!

;)

[quote name='KirinLion']Gaming is quite individualistic. One can therefore not say how long one will take to complete a game - as each person is different - their levels' of skill as well as levels of interest..

Time to finish games is definately dependent on a number of factors- and is therefore relative!

;)[/QUOTE]

Ok.

28 hours to complete Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) (hard then crushing, 100% trophies)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bioshock 2: 15 Hours (700/1000) including all the audio tapes

Infinite Undiscovery: 28 Hours (250/1000) Covered most everything in the first play through

WiiWare - Mega Man 9: 1.5 hours on easy (yes, I know... but I just don't have the patience I did when I was 10 years old playing the first ones)

bread's done
Back