How Long Does It Take To Beat This Game Thread - Now a wikii!

[quote name='Tony208']How long is Super Mario Galaxy 2?[/QUOTE]

I went to go find out by myself and it took about 10 hours to get to the last Bowser boss and 70 stars. 20 Hours for 120 stars and comet medal cleanup.

Too bad there wasn't a Wiki somewhere with this info, it's so valuable.

Anyone passed Demon's Souls yet? Wondering how much time I'll have to sink into that one.

I've spent close to 80 hours on Just Cause 2 finishing side missions and what not before I beat it. I think my total game completion is around 76%.

Red Dead took me 28 hours. I did a lot of the side stuff though. I believe game % complete was around 80%. For trophies (haven't played any multi-player yet) I had just above 50% of them. Sandbox games are really hard to judge on time since they can be played so differently.

[quote name='KingBroly']3D Dot Game Heroes - 15 hours[/QUOTE]
Sweet, thanks! Was still wondering on that one. Sounds reasonable for $40.

38 hours to complete Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker with 50% of the extra ops completed. You could spend more or less time depending on how much time you want to spend on codec, extra ops.

Anybody got a time for [PROTOTYPE]? I started it this weekend, and I'll keep playing it if the time investment isn't too high. Otherwise I may just let it go.

[quote name='nbballard']Anybody got a time for [PROTOTYPE]? I started it this weekend, and I'll keep playing it if the time investment isn't too high. Otherwise I may just let it go.[/QUOTE]

Um, I don't remember exactly, but I think it was was under 10 hours without trying to collect anything unless I saw it in view, and not doing most of the challenges.

Wolfenstein (360) took me about 7 hours to complete, I did all main/side missions but did not go out of my way to get the collectibles.

[quote name='xtheapocx']Looking for some complete times on a couple RPGs: nier and resonance of fate. Didn't see those on the master list.[/QUOTE]
Nier, 50+ hours doing a lot of the side stuff. You could probably speed run it in under 40 though.

It took me 8.5 hours to beat A Boy and His Blob for the Wii

Also it took me 29.5 hours to beat Super Mario Galaxy 2 with all 242 stars.

I don't have any exact time- but I think Singularity took me about 7 hours on Normal. I maxed out 2 of the guns- and didn't bother with the trophies. I did get all 3 endings- but that doesn't add a ton of time.

Still don't know how I feel about the game- but the second half was a lot more fun than the first.

Just beat Again :ds: ... not sure anyone else will play it but I finished it (no sidequests possible to the best of my knowledge... it's a graphic adventure) in 8 hours. Figured I might as well contribute.

[quote name='nbballard']Anybody got a time for [PROTOTYPE]? I started it this weekend, and I'll keep playing it if the time investment isn't too high. Otherwise I may just let it go.[/QUOTE]

I'm a little late on this, but the main story (minimal extras) on Normal difficulty took about 10 hours. Once you add in all the other challenges, the time shoots up. I think my final time for platinum was around 35-40 hours.

It took me about 72 hours to get through Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Sky, though I doubt it should really take someone that long to get through it (I spent a lot of time grinding and doing sidequests. I hear 60 hours is a bit more reasonable, but I can't be sure.

NES
Mega Man 2 - 6 Hours
Mega Man 5 - 6 Hours (Used Beat)
Blaster Master - 4 Hours (Used Guide)

PC
Starcraft - 20 Hours
Plants vs Zombies - 10 Hours (did most of the minigames, Adventure is probably 6)

Has anyone considered making a website based on this concept?

It seems like it would be simple - perhaps grab a "List of every game for [insert console here]" from Wikipedia and throw it into a database.

I guess the only issue would be policing the site - make sure trolls don't say it takes 1 hour to complete Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Seems like it would go well with something like Backloggery

[quote name='kodave']Has anyone considered making a website based on this concept?

It seems like it would be simple - perhaps grab a "List of every game for [insert console here]" from Wikipedia and throw it into a database.

I guess the only issue would be policing the site - make sure trolls don't say it takes 1 hour to complete Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Seems like it would go well with something like Backloggery[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea. You could post the normal completion times, record attempts, and links to YouTube for speedruns and sequence breaking glitches.

[quote name='kodave']Has anyone considered making a website based on this concept?

Seems like it would go well with something like Backloggery[/QUOTE]

Someone should send Cheapy D a message, maybe he would be interested in having a whole area like this. Maybe even advertise this thread a little, and get a lot more people showing their times.

I beat The Saboteur in 9 hours without doing much of the side missions. I played it on the PS3, but it's also available on the 360.

[quote name='mprice']I completed Kane and Lynch 2 Dog Days in 4.5 hours on Normal with 350 :360: achievement points earned[/QUOTE]
damn. I like a short game, probably better than the next guy- but 4.5 hours?! That would be upsetting.

Anyway- just finished Dark Void. I think it took me about 12-13 hours to Platinum it.

Hey guys. I'm Paul, one of the 'founders' of gamelengths.com. It's just two of us trying to create a resource for gamers. Given that it's just the two of us, we don't verify the length of all the games - we don't have time for that. We pretty much let you enter any time you want (although we check for extremes, so if someone entered 4 minutes or 10000 hours we'd probably not accept the time). We just verify that the game actually exists and that the rest of the data is accurate.

The site is still a work in progress - we're building the search function now, and we have a few other ideas. I hope no one minds me posting this here, but I thought I'd let you know that we're working on it and open to suggestions.

Paul

[quote name='PaUl_D']Hey guys. I'm Paul, one of the 'founders' of gamelengths.com. It's just two of us trying to create a resource for gamers. Given that it's just the two of us, we don't verify the length of all the games - we don't have time for that. We pretty much let you enter any time you want (although we check for extremes, so if someone entered 4 minutes or 10000 hours we'd probably not accept the time). We just verify that the game actually exists and that the rest of the data is accurate.

The site is still a work in progress - we're building the search function now, and we have a few other ideas. I hope no one minds me posting this here, but I thought I'd let you know that we're working on it and open to suggestions.

Paul[/QUOTE]

Good start to the site. I'd recommend adding a couple of qualifiers to the games such as 100% complete or main story only since most game times will vary on these factors.

[quote name='jscme']Good start to the site. I'd recommend adding a couple of qualifiers to the games such as 100% complete or main story only since most game times will vary on these factors.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. We considered that when we originally set up the site but thought that it would work better if we kept it as simple as possible. It's hard to tell now, but when you click on a game to see the average game time you get a nice visualization of the times submitted, and our thought was that this system would give you a good idea of the variation in game play.

What I mean is, say you and I each play Mass Effect. I steamroll through to the end and finish it in 16 hours, you do every side quest and take 35. We both add our times - well this will affect the the graph of time lengths you'll see, and they'll probably be centered around our times - you'll see a bunch in the 15-20 range and a bunch in the 30-40 range. That will show you the difference in times depending on how involved you get into the game.

We also considered adding a difficulty field, and another field indicating whether this was a first playthrough or a subsequent playthrough, but decided against it.

Thanks for the tip

Anyone have a Starcraft 2 count yet? I'm about to start the game and just want to know roughly how much time I'm ganna spend on it. :)

[quote name='knotfan123']Anyone have a Starcraft 2 count yet? I'm about to start the game and just want to know roughly how much time I'm ganna spend on it. :)[/QUOTE]

Really roughly you're talking about 15 hours. There are 26 or 27 mission and they take about 30 min each.

bread's done
Back