How many DSes is CAG responsible for? *Update* 159 Lites, 135 Phats, 294 total

I bought a electric blue DS phat for myself July 05 (Mario 64 Bundle). Traded it in for a DS Lite onyx the day they hit stores.

Also convinced my friend to get a DS Lite (white) for himself over the summer.

I bought an original DS at launch, and a month or so ago I bought a DS Lite. And I plan on buying a second DS Lite for my girlfriend.

But right now: Only two.

1 phat DS on launch day
lost the charger so that forced me into
1 pink DS lite
2 friends WANT to get one but never did, they just complain about not having it so far

Bought a DSlite for my girlfriend and convinced both my sisters, one of their husbands, and a couple friends to buy their own. Also a Wii for one of my sisters.

Had a phat for a long time that I ignored, then started reading about all the good/underrated games here at CAG and other places so I sold it on the bay and got a lite. And just today, a friend bought a lite after I wouldn't shut up about all the good games I had been playing. So, a phat and 2 lites.

Bought Fat DS Used...touch screen was messed up, so traded in for...
Second Fat DS Used. Kept, until sold on eBay to buy...
White DS Lite. Got crack on hinge, so sent into Nintendo and recieved
Second DS Lite (it was a replacement, not a repair)

I've got the Mario Kart red DS.

My nephew has the original silver model, but it just got broken by my even younger nephew.

He'll be getting a new one soon. (Dunno which type it will be.)

I have a black DS Lite, and my girlfriend has a white DS Lite. Her sister bought us each one at Christmas so we could play multiplayer Bomberman with her (white DS Lite) and her fiance (silver fatty DS). They also bought her cousin a white DS Lite for the same reason.

I guess that's five. :)

Bought a Phat Silver DS a few days after launch. Traded that in and got a Polar White DS Lite on launch day.

So you can put me down for a 1 Phat and 1 Lite.

I bought an Electric Blue DS. I also *might* have swayed my friends to get one faster.
1 DS lite
2 DS Phats+my DS Phat
1 lite and 3 Phats.

Somehow I missed this thread even though I'm named in the first post. ;)

Lemme see here. I bought one DS used (phat) from a CAG, then imported a Graphite DS (phat) from Japan, when when the Lite was announced, I imported one of those. For those of you keeping score at home, that's 3 DS systems for me, $0 to Nintendo of America.

Subsequently, I teamed up with friends to get a friend a DS (phat) when Mario Kart hit, convinced another freidn to get a phat as well. And then led yet another friend to give his wife his current DS (actually the one I bought used from another CAG) and import a Lite with me for too much money.

So, I've been directly responsible for 4 Phats, and 2 Lites, only 2 systems being bought from the US. ;)

I've got a Phat (original release), a Lite, and I made my brother buy a Blue DS (when toysrus.com had that amazing Mario Kart bundle).

3, sir!

I've only purchased one DS Lite.

I may have convinced one person to purchase a DS Lite, but after her July 4th party last year, 3 of the people at that party had purchased one in the following week.

eh... just put me down for 1 DS Lite, though it might need to be replaced soon.

Looks like the average is 3 DSes per a CAG, either by direct purchases or influence.

Anyone going to start a "How many PSPs is CAG responsible for?" :lol:

As of this post, there are 294 DSes accounted for: 159 Lites and 135 Phats. Not too shabby, let's keep this ball rolling!

Strell - Are you EVER going to post some real numbers?

2 Lite here. One I bought and lost, then another one I got as a gift to replace it. Interesting thread. :)

To update the counts: 296 DSes: 161 lites, 135 phats.

Got 2 phat (both from CAG trade) never played it.. sold on CL to get the DSL white.. again.. never play it.. just trade it away..

may pick up a pink or black one later... but again.. why the heck do I need it haha.. can't wait to find sometimes to play with DSl in the future.. maybe on a trip or something.

also.. 4 of my friends got DSL , not sure if I convince them to buy one or not :)

A bought a ds phat then i made my friend want one too he ended up buying it i got rid of my phat one a few months later for almost no loss ,then me and my girlfriend bought a lite just for the release of new super mario bros which we then also got rid of in the recent shortage for pretty much the same thing we payed at the beggining of it all !

2 phat
1 lite

I have a white DS, a black DS, a red DS, a white DS lite, a black DS lite, a FF3 DS lite, a pokemon DS lite, and a love and berry DS lite.

so 3 and 5 for me.

bread's done
Back