How would it make you feel if your girlfriend proposed to you??

Fortune_P_Dawg

CAGiversary!
Last weekend (Saturday evening) I arrive at my girlfriend's house to pick her up for a romantic night out. I knock on the door, and end up waiting about 30 seconds. She opens the door and I'm immediately greeted by the soft glow of candle light; she's standing there with a huge grin, in a tiny blue dress that seemed to shimmer, freshly painted jade toenails, a fancy new hairdo, the works. Her house is adorned with scented mood candles in select spots. I step inside, give her a brisk hello kiss and ask her "Hey love... what's the occasion?" She responds "...oh... I don't know sweetie, I just wanted to do something special for you."

Long story short, we ended up having sex then going to get chicken Nachos and drinks at our favorite restaurant (a bit of a weekend ritual).

I told her the next day that the candles and everything meant a lot to me, yadda, yadda... So she texts me yesterday while I'm working and says "Hey baby, I have a bit of a confession to make. The other night, with the candles? I was going to propose to you but I chickened out because I didn't know what you would say."

We've talked about marriage. I would marry her. But wow... I mean, I had planned on proposing before the years end but that totally threw me for a loop. I would have said "yes" without a doubt but um... wow... I didn't know girls did that.

Most wouldn't so you are in the minority there my good sir. She is a keeper. I wish my fiance would have done this for me since I do everything for her.

[quote name='Fortune_P_Dawg']
Long story short, we ended up having sex then going to get chicken Nachos and drinks at our favorite restaurant (a bit of a weekend ritual).
[/QUOTE]

Classy.

[quote name='Number83']Classy.[/QUOTE]
Hey, back off the chicken nachos. Nothin' says lovin' like chicken nachos in a fancy dress.

[quote name='Quillion']Hey, back off the chicken nachos. Nothin' says lovin' like chicken nachos in a fancy dress.[/QUOTE]

Well, she told me she had planned on cooking but the steaks she was going to make started turning funny colors after thawing out.

[quote name='Number83']Classy.[/QUOTE]That and the "tiny" blue dress made me think the same thing. :lol:

To each his own.

[quote name='Fortune_P_Dawg']but the steaks she was going to make started turning funny colors after thawing out.[/QUOTE]Oh my gosh, even better! :rofl:

Your girl has spunk (that's the best word I could think of), I would never propose. But I could never even ask a man out.

Unorthadox perhaps, but at least shes honest enough to tell you the truth. Sounds like a keeper to me. Good luck to ya. Perhaps you should use this to do it first so it doesnt sound strange to your kids. Perhaps hide the ring in said chicken nachos?

Its her world, good for her for not feeling like it isn't her place to ask the person she loves to spend the rest of his life with her.

She's a girl who knows what she wants and let's you know... a rare thing indeed. If you both feel this way, I see no reason not to "say Yes".

[quote name='Nibi']Man proposes to woman = Romantic gesture.
Woman proposes to man = Ultimatum.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about that. Ultimatum seems more like if she went up and said "marry me or else". This doesnt sound that way, especially since he said he woulda proposed before the year was out anyway. Just kinda awkward is all. Plus any girl that can be satisfied with getting chicken nachos as a romantic dinner is a winner in my book.

Hey OP, there would be a problem if you didn't want to marry her. Since you do, who cares how it happens? Woohoo, congrats! I hope you enjoy your wonderful life together!!!

This hits home because I'm saving up for a ring myself :)

What woman wouldn't want to marry a man who has an avatar of Mario humping an
unconscious (rape?) Princess Peach?

At least the pressure is off you now if you want to propose. You can be assured she'll say yes.

most girls would just say they are pregnant if they want to get engaged... this one just came out and "almost" asked... shes a keeper. btw chicken tacos and drinks sounds awesome, will you marry me?

You pose a very interesting question. Despite all the strides toward gender equality, I think a vast majority of people would find that scenario very awkward, and that the tradition of the man proposing to be more than just a quaint relic. Perhaps since traditionally men seem less willing (or able) to commit, the gesture of proposal still means more at the present time?

HOWEVER, the most important thing is not how everybody else feels about it, but how you do. The only correct proposal is the one that is meaningful to the couple involved, and if this is the way in which it works or feels natural for you (or someone else), then it is good. If it doesn't fit the couple or makes for a great deal of awkwardness, then it isn't a good idea. Since I seem to sense that your relationship feels equal, openly communicative, and comfortable, this may not have been a bad gesture (unless perhaps you thought such a thing would "rob" you of a similar moment).

The one thing I would warn about is that if it were to conclude this way, without a mutual proposal back from you, the awkwardness you feel about the situation might pale in comparison to the awkwardness that might follow when friends and family members ask "So how did he propose?" as that will invite a reaction on their part that may not be as open-minded. Be prepared for that.

Think about it she didn't propose but told you she was going too, in women speak this means she's getting tired of you dragging your feet so hurry up and propose already lol.
And when you are married and possibly have children you wont be saying the candles and everything meant a lot to you; it'll be the sex and nachos.

You got laid, then had chicken nachos. Marry this girl, especially if you were going to propose anyway.

If I didn't plan on proposing soon, I'd be turned off by a chick proposing, but if I was in your shoes and planned on doing it anyway, I'd probably pull a move like, "yes, but let's plan a fun weekend away where I get to do the proposing" then plan it within a month or so.

Congrats though. Sounds like you're going to get married. If you're serving chicken nachos at the reception, please send me an invite.

A woman that proposes to you = a woman who wants you to be on lockdown

The game isn't played like that. Nope. Of course the woman wants marriage!!! I bet she also has spoke about raising a family and kids and shit too.

She wants you...and she wants you too badly. You better do the smart thing and tell her simply "When the time is right, I'LL PROPOSE TO YOU!" Don't let her take control of the man/woman relationship

It's nice and heartwarming knowing the woman wants to be with you forever and shit....but of course it's like that! fuck what she wants though - you got the dick, you hold the power. Don't wield the power. Next she'll be "proposing" that you hyphen your last name or allow her to do it with hers

[quote name='Nibi']Man proposes to woman = Romantic gesture.
Woman proposes to man = Ultimatum.[/QUOTE]

Nah. A guy proposing is how a woman measures his willingness to commit, (both emotionally and financially by the size of the ring). It's pretty obvious this girl isn't looking for that superficial display. Granted, her willingness to do so may mean she's batshit crazy obsessive, but I doubt that given he said she chickened out.

Sounds like a keeper OP.

BTW, I find it humorous how alarmed many of the guys in the thread are about a woman violating gender norms-- the very things many men complain about. If it was an ultimatum, she would have stated so. "You better marry me or..." Sounds like a good girl. Too many guys are worried about whether the girls is showing more balls than they are.

[quote name='Quillion']Hey, back off the chicken nachos. Nothin' says lovin' like chicken nachos in a fancy dress.[/QUOTE]

fucking awesome!

[quote name='guinaevere']Your girl has spunk (that's the best word I could think of), I would never propose. But I could never even ask a man out.[/QUOTE]

Never underestimate the power of a little assertiveness. A major turning point in my relationship with my wife was the night before she flew off to graduate school. (At the time we only knew of each other but hadn't really spoken.) We were among a large group of friends that went dancing in San Francisco to celebrate her departure to Grad school. I had no intention of pursuing her because she was leaving. That all changed early in the evening when we began dancing together. While on the dance floor she grabbed my knee as if to say, "Hi! I'm here!" We've been together ever since. :)

[quote name='shrike4242']OP, how long have you and your GF been going out?[/QUOTE]

Good question.

No one asked for pics or suggested that the OP should stick it in her pooper? Weird.

I think it's pretty cool she proposed to you but a little strange she revealed that in a text. Propose to her today.

[quote name='eldergamer']What woman wouldn't want to marry a man who has an avatar of Mario humping an
unconscious (rape?) Princess Peach?[/QUOTE]

+1 -- I was thinking the same thing

One more thing...someone tells me how marriage benefits a MAN?

One could say taxes....but that's not really true. Sometimes a single couple with a child can get more benefits than a married one.

One could say child rearing, but those days are getting close be going gone! Women are just as independent as men! Gone are the days where you're finding a woman who can handle all the housework and baby raising while still looking good when you come home...now that woman is out too and your lil ones are in daycare

What? "Because you're tired of being single"? A lot of my friends say that. "I'm tired of being single...it's time to get an ol lady..."

Ok....keep thinking that way...and when you get divorced (divorce rate is 50% in America!!!) and she takes the house you were paying for, and the car you paid off, and the kids that you probably paid a lot more attention to and would love to raise your damn self.

I just can't think of one real reason to get married nowadays. You have no control over the woman anymore. You have no luxuries. You know your sex is going to decrease unless you marry a freak...and if you do marry a freak...you gotta keep her in line or you'll be walking in on her getting double dipped.

This isn't even a joke post. It's real. There's no point in marriage unless a prenup is involved OR unless you marry a foreign woman (with a prenup...so you can live the traditional married life with the woman playing her roles)

So once again...tell that woman that you'll get married when YOU are ready. If you were planning on marrying her at the end of hte year...do it Jan 2nd. Or Feb 22nd. Whenever you wanna. Don't be a damn statistic.

[quote name='strongpimphand']
I just can't think of one real reason to get married nowadays. You have no control over the woman anymore. You have no luxuries. You know your sex is going to decrease unless you marry a freak...and if you do marry a freak...you gotta keep her in line or you'll be walking in on her getting double dipped.[/QUOTE]

With charm like that, how do you stay single?!

[quote name='strongpimphand']One more thing...someone tells me how marriage benefits a MAN?

One could say taxes....but that's not really true. Sometimes a single couple with a child can get more benefits than a married one.

One could say child rearing, but those days are getting close be going gone! Women are just as independent as men! Gone are the days where you're finding a woman who can handle all the housework and baby raising while still looking good when you come home...now that woman is out too and your lil ones are in daycare

What? "Because you're tired of being single"? A lot of my friends say that. "I'm tired of being single...it's time to get an ol lady..."

Ok....keep thinking that way...and when you get divorced (divorce rate is 50% in America!!!) and she takes the house you were paying for, and the car you paid off, and the kids that you probably paid a lot more attention to and would love to raise your damn self.

I just can't think of one real reason to get married nowadays. You have no control over the woman anymore. You have no luxuries. You know your sex is going to decrease unless you marry a freak...and if you do marry a freak...you gotta keep her in line or you'll be walking in on her getting double dipped.

This isn't even a joke post. It's real. There's no point in marriage unless a prenup is involved OR unless you marry a foreign woman (with a prenup...so you can live the traditional married life with the woman playing her roles)

So once again...tell that woman that you'll get married when YOU are ready. If you were planning on marrying her at the end of hte year...do it Jan 2nd. Or Feb 22nd. Whenever you wanna. Don't be a damn statistic.[/QUOTE]

Someones mommy didn't love him enough :cry:

[quote name='strongpimphand']One more thing...someone tells me how marriage benefits a MAN?

So once again...tell that woman that you'll get married when YOU are ready. If you were planning on marrying her at the end of hte year...do it Jan 2nd. Or Feb 22nd. Whenever you wanna. Don't be a damn statistic.[/QUOTE]Glad to see that some people are still happy to live with a 50's mentality. :whistle2:s

[quote name='Anexanhume']With charm like that, how do you stay single?![/QUOTE]
MODERN Women don't need simps. They need men who keep them in line without beating the dogshit outta them. The men who act all nice and friendly and Fabio ish towards them are typically the first ones that get burnt. The men who care about their feelings and are there to be an ear aren't even chosen! And the men who act too late and finally put their foot down on the foolishness in marriage get booted out.

You start a relationship hard/you stay in cruise control. If she goes into it with the mindset of "I can change him" she'll die trying....or until the man breaks the shit off.

If you go in with the stance of "this is how I want to do it" she'll respect you until the cows come home.

On this site, I've always kept it real. No bullshit. Look...women want a MAN.

Now, you will find some women who don't give a fuck about your manilness...they just want a partner. A lover. A sweetheart. Those women....they're gone! A smart man has snatched them up in high school or at the beginning of college and has a death lock on the pussy.

Every other woman....they want a man. And women want a man who really runs shit. You let a woman run shit, they'll fuck you over. They're built like that. You let her drive the car and she'll shut you up when you tell her she missed the ramp. You let her handle the money and she'll tell you "we don't have the money for you to hang out with the guys" while she's about to go out with the girls in her new shoes...

You, the man, have to control the modern woman. It's that simple.

I've had a great single life. I can't complain. It hasn't been like my screen name...but I've had 0 heart break. No problems. I've left relationships on my terms. And yes...some of them have called me up late night for a quick creep because that sensitive man....he might be bigger in the manhood dept, but he don't treat her the way she's mentally built to be treated!

Go ahead and act like what I'm typing is hogwash. You'll learn. I'll let you continue to think marriage is a fair shake. A man basically has 0 incentive to marry nowadays unless:

1) The woman's family is LOADED and they care about her so much...that they care about you!
2) You're trapped with a kid by her (that's not even a good reason to marry though)
3) Pre-nup

"Long story short, we ended up having sex then going to get chicken Nachos and drinks at our favorite restaurant (a bit of a weekend ritual)"

This is the only thing i read.

[quote name='strongpimphand']I just can't think of one real reason to get married nowadays. You have no control over the woman anymore. You have no luxuries. You know your sex is going to decrease unless you marry a freak...and if you do marry a freak...you gotta keep her in line or you'll be walking in on her getting double dipped.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, the second they came up with spousal "rape", getting married wasn't worth it. It's like I pay the rent, I put the food on the table, she owes me some of that pussy. Who cares if she doesn't want to fuck? It's like I don't want to go to work but I sacrifice what I want to give this bitch what she wants.

If only these vapid cunts would realize that they become our property when they get married. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicken nachos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Box of chocolates.

If she realizes this then...Well, what reason is there to say no?

[quote name='hufferstl']Voting is now closed for Threadjack of the year - Strongpimphand wins.[/QUOTE]
Trying to save this man.

Dude got his girl proposing to him....it's clear she's aggressive! She knows what she wants....and if he doesn't play the cards right, he'll end up being another man who has to tuck his tail in an argument. Another man who whimpers when the woman is mad. Another man who is lied to. Another man who eventually will post on CAG (or any website) asking how to handle his out of control woman.

I've read threads on here before...like one where some nerdy guy who played games all day was wondering how to get pussy. Or how a guy just broke up with woman because she was creeping (that's a common theme actually in American life...)

These gentlemen....they didn't train their women right. And I don't mean this as if women are pets and we're owners...I mean this as women (traditionally) needs a man who is dominate. Not cave man...but dominate. A man who at the end of the day...IS NOT A FEMALE. And too many men are turning soft nowadays. They're becoming emotional and too caring. They're becoming playful and bashful.

They're not showing dominance.

Once again, it's not about abusing verbally or physically....this is about putting your foot down from the beginning and letting her know from the door; this is me, this is how I act, this is how I live, and this is how I feel about life. And I don't plan on changing.

And like I always type....if you don't believe in my thoughts...that's all good. But if you don't see what's going on...that's on you. I've had too many friends of all races and backgrounds who fell victim to two-faced women....women who changed the moment the man let his guard down.

[quote name='daphatty']Strongpimphand - You need counseling. Lots and lots of counseling.[/QUOTE]
Hey, if you're the type of person who thinks you can act like men of today...then have at it! Do what you do.

My school of thought has been highly successful and has helped many people in their daily lives. Do what you think is best though. I'm not changing.

[quote name='strongpimphand']

These gentlemen....they didn't train their women right. And I don't mean this as if women are pets and we're owners...I mean this as women (traditionally) needs a man who is dominate. Not cave man...but dominate. A man who at the end of the day...IS NOT A FEMALE. And too many men are turning soft nowadays. They're becoming emotional and too caring. They're becoming playful and bashful.

They're not showing dominance.
[/QUOTE]
I Almost feel this is one step away (or already is) to the point where you have to urinate on her to mark your territory...

Get a prenup, OP.

I dont think my woman will sign a prenup, thus we'll prolly never marry. Idc tho, I'm not marrying a girl then having her take half my Sonic collection when she leaves me...

After reading this I kinda feel bad.... My girlfriend proposed to me and I turned her down while smiling like an idiot. I'm just not ready to get engaged or married yet.

I told her to be patient with me and take things slower. We have only been dating 1year 8 months.

By being a man and acting your role, you're marking your territory.

Yall can continue to be Scott Pilgrams and fight for these women....go ahead. My life isn't affected by your actions.

But...think about this....if right now you're single, and you don't have a woman, and you haven't had a relationship in a while, and you look on your facebook and you have a lot of single women on there who are your friend but you and they both know y'all would never fuck....

...Something is wrong, and you need to re-evaluate.

Times have changed, and the woman has became much more independent and less caring about how she looks relationship wise. Just look at TV. Women are now choosing men and getting praise for acting like hoes....and these teenage/young adult females are lapping it up.

If your system and methods are working, then ignore my posts about relationships and continue to do what you do. But...if you ain't living right...you might need to make a change. You do have to keep these women in line because they're not the same women of your grandma's generation. Your mama lived through this moderately. Her daughters are now much more free, and much more willing to exercise it

*Was suppose to be a quick reply

[quote name='strongpimphand']Hey, if you're the type of person who thinks you can act like men of today...then have at it! Do what you do.

My school of thought has been highly successful and has helped many people in their daily lives. Do what you think is best though. I'm not changing.[/QUOTE]

myster02.jpg

bread's done
Back