How would it make you feel if your girlfriend proposed to you??

[quote name='Anexanhume']He's saying you apparently date stupid, immature manipulative bitches who only need you to assert your dominance because otherwise they'd walk all over you. They have no concept for rational thought, nor do they appreciate the concept of reciprocation unless they feel it is a net benefit to them.

Or something like that ;)[/QUOTE]
Once again...I'm not saying anything that cannot be backed up by any historian except for solutions to the problem.

It is a fact that there is a feminist movement occuring that was stronger than the previous generation's, and it is a fact that the divorce rate hit 50% in 2007 and has been around that number since.

Now, once again, you can put your own conclusions around those two ideas....but in the meanwhile, I'm enjoying my life just like the men before me.

Oh yea, ;)

[quote name='strongpimphand']Once again...I'm not saying anything that cannot be backed up by any historian except for solutions to the problem.

It is a fact that there is a feminist movement occuring that was stronger than the previous generation's, and it is a fact that the divorce rate hit 50% in 2007 and has been around that number since.

Now, once again, you can put your own conclusions around those two ideas....but in the meanwhile, I'm enjoying my life just like the men before me.

Oh yea, ;)[/QUOTE]

Misogyny: endorsed by historians n' shit.

[quote name='Viol8tor']Its the thread that keeps on giving.

Jackson_popcorn.gif
[/QUOTE]

Michael Jackson is still alive!!!

The king of pop lives!!!!

:whee:

[quote name='Fortune_P_Dawg']Haha, she wouldn't at first, but I made her, and now she's cool with it. She said she doesn't much care for the taste. But then she sees the things I do to her and she feels like I'm showing her up, so she said she wanted to start trying it. Well, right before I was about to pop I had a feeling she would refllexively switch to manual, so I held the back of her head and just straight unloaded into her mouth and didn't let her go until she downed it. She was pissed for about 3 minutes and then said "drop em, I'm going to try that again." So it turned her on enough to where she now does it willingly.

And before some of you say, "...that's disrespectful, you should not force her, yadda yadda..." just know that she has no problem forcing my face deeper into her crotch just before she's about to get off (even though I like it and it turns me on).[/QUOTE]
Bullshit. Women do not react like that.

I was buying the story for a bit, even the "she wouldn't like it if I posted pictures of her" was respectful and likely, until I read this. Either you're completely full of shit, or mostly full of shit.

Either way, I'm sure that she would find this story far more intrusive to her privacy than any clothed picture you could post.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Move over Strongpimphand...Paco has entered the room![/QUOTE]

Life itself seems to be a troll ITDEFX. I'm dating a girl I hated for almost ten years. I'm sure the Patron Saint of Trolling is enjoying this.

She didn't propose to you. She's throwing it out there to try and figure out how you feel on the subject. It's called a hint. If you care about her take it if not run.

[quote name='shrike4242']OP, unless I missed reading it in your updates from earlier today, do you and your other half live together?[/QUOTE]

Well, not technically no. But we spend every night together, we eat breakfast, dinner, and sometimes lunch together. Hell, we even shower together most days. I help her take care of her place, she helps me take care of mine.

The only thing that says "we don't live together" is our mailing addresses.

[quote name='Quillion']Bullshit. Women do not react like that.

I was buying the story for a bit, even the "she wouldn't like it if I posted pictures of her" was respectful and likely, until I read this. Either you're completely full of shit, or mostly full of shit.

Either way, I'm sure that she would find this story far more intrusive to her privacy than any clothed picture you could post.[/QUOTE]

Not all women react like that that, and some do. That's just how it is, and really it depends on the girl. I've had some women gag at just the notion of doing such a thing and I've had some women tell me to "give it to them." I had to warm her up to it.

She was pissed... but thankfully she finds me desireable enough to want to please me and satisfy me. Shit, there are things she wants me to do for her that I don't particularly like, but I do them because I love her, want to please her, and want to make her feel good (and she knows this). Make sense?

Women don't react like that if you haven't established solid communication between the two of you, sexual or otherwise.

She made an effort to get herself used to it because she knew I liked it and she knew I thought it was hot; that doesn't mean she likes it, but at the very least, she pretends to for me. There are other things she lets me do that I'm sure she doesn't like, but she puts up with

And the pictures thing? She's not much of a gamer (hell, she barely owns a computer that works), and would likely never visit this site. But in the off-chance that someone she knows or is related to would come across them, it's probably not a good idea.

I'm baffled by how many people out there are so haphazard about throwing pictures of not only themselves, but friends and relatives up on the internet for all to see. I wouldn't post my own picture, so obviously, there's no way in hell I'm posting hers.

[quote name='silentevil']She didn't propose to you. She's throwing it out there to try and figure out how you feel on the subject. It's called a hint. If you care about her take it if not run.[/QUOTE]

No, but she was going to. She bought a ring and everything. I was like, "holy crap!"

[quote name='ITDEFX']Move over Strongpimphand...Paco has entered the room![/QUOTE]

Okay, so these chicken nachos we like... Hmmm... those don't look too far off the mark.

The ones we like run $11.99, which seems a bit excessive but they're served with a dollop of fresh guacamole, and fresh sliced jalapenos (not the pickled kind), also fresh made pico de gallo.

Mmmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
guin's right about priorities. Sexual compatibility might seem paramount before marriage, but if you're on the same page with the larger matters of life that she listed, that all takes care of itself eventually. If you're not, you might find out that being willing to do [whatever] anatomically now is a lot less relevant to life - in all ways - than being willing and able to make up gracefully after an argument, say.

Still, you're obviously open and honest with each other. That'll go a long way.

[quote name='diaeresis']guin's right about priorities. Sexual compatibility might seem paramount before marriage, but if you're on the same page with the larger matters of life that she listed, that all takes care of itself eventually. If you're not, you might find out that being willing to do [whatever] anatomically now is a lot less relevant to life - in all ways - than being willing and able to make up gracefully after an argument, say.

Still, you're obviously open and honest with each other. That'll go a long way.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, we are. I've learned in time that there's little better than the cold hard truth. We're very very very open & honest with each other and it's worked out to our benefit. I told her from the start, never hold anything back, and don't candy coat things. I'd rather hear the truth. I give her the same respect.

And we do share similar philosiphies on money management, home ownership, children, etc.

To be frank, that's something I didn't mention before. Children. We each already have one. We both have boys; I have a 9 year old, and she has a 6 year old. Whoo! The plot thickens!

[quote name='Fortune_P_Dawg']Well, not technically no. But we spend every night together, we eat breakfast, dinner, and sometimes lunch together. Hell, we even shower together most days. I help her take care of her place, she helps me take care of mine.

The only thing that says "we don't live together" is our mailing addresses.[/QUOTE]Living together and the "living together" you're doing are two different things.

Before you pop the question, or she does again, you should live together for a period of time to see if the interaction works as well when you're sharing the same roof.

[quote name='diaeresis']guin's right about priorities. Sexual compatibility might seem paramount before marriage, but if you're on the same page with the larger matters of life that she listed, that all takes care of itself eventually. If you're not, you might find out that being willing to do [whatever] anatomically now is a lot less relevant to life - in all ways - than being willing and able to make up gracefully after an argument, say.

Still, you're obviously open and honest with each other. That'll go a long way.[/QUOTE]

Well it's not an either/or thing. For 100% sure the larger matters of life are more important and end tons of relationships.

But sexual compatibility matters as well. In short, yeah focus on the bigger picture stuff, but it's good to have everything worked out and comfortable before considering marriage.

[quote name='shrike4242']Living together and the "living together" you're doing are two different things.

Before you pop the question, or she does again, you should live together for a period of time to see if the interaction works as well when you're sharing the same roof.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% there. Having lived with a few girlfriends in the past I'd never marry someone I hadn't lived with for a good while first as I've had a couple relationships go downhill after moving in together.

Even having spent a ton of time together before, living together and being around each other all the time is just a whole 'nother ball game!

[quote name='Fortune_P_Dawg']Shit, there are things she wants me to do for her that I don't particularly like, but I do them because I love her, want to please her, and want to make her feel good (and she knows this). [/QUOTE]

You either stuck your tongue in her ass or pissed all over her, didn't you? That's the list.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Agree 100% there. Having lived with a few girlfriends in the past I'd never marry someone I hadn't lived with for a good while first as I've had a couple relationships go downhill after moving in together.

Even having spent a ton of time together before, living together and being around each other all the time is just a whole 'nother ball game![/QUOTE]Exactly. With the "living together" situation, you still have your own place with all of your own stuff. It's a different situation when you're actually living together, especially when you've done it for six months or more.

I highly suggest the OP live with his would-be fiancee and see if things are still the same when they're sharing one roof. Their kids as well.

[quote name='Paco']We need more discussion about this

nachoes_temp_380px.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh fuck. I'd ride a donkey bareback to eat those. I may even get on him too.

[quote name='javeryh']You either stuck your tongue in her ass or pissed all over her, didn't you? That's the list.[/QUOTE]

Nah. I think he himself has his own pooper sticked in. :applause:

[quote name='glemtvapen']Nah. I think he himself has his own pooper sticked in. :applause:[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't exactly qualify as "doing stuff to her."

[quote name='shrike4242']Living together and the "living together" you're doing are two different things.

Before you pop the question, or she does again, you should live together for a period of time to see if the interaction works as well when you're sharing the same roof.[/QUOTE]

This. The wife and I lived together for 2 years before we got married. I got to know her way more in those 2 years than any other time in our life. I'm sure she'd say the same thing.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Well it's not an either/or thing. For 100% sure the larger matters of life are more important and end tons of relationships.

But sexual compatibility matters as well. In short, yeah focus on the bigger picture stuff, but it's good to have everything worked out and comfortable before considering marriage.

Agree 100% there. Having lived with a few girlfriends in the past I'd never marry someone I hadn't lived with for a good while first as I've had a couple relationships go downhill after moving in together.

Even having spent a ton of time together before, living together and being around each other all the time is just a whole 'nother ball game![/QUOTE]

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']This. The wife and I lived together for 2 years before we got married. I got to know her way more in those 2 years than any other time in our life. I'm sure she'd say the same thing.[/QUOTE]

This right here.

A close friend of mine recently got married after dating a guy for about two years. They seem like a nice couple, and I think things will work for them.

A group of us went out before their wedding to celebrate, and they mentioned what it will be like to find out each others habits when living together. (Will you leave the toilet seat up? Clothes on floor? Heat/Air Conditioning running?)

It was amusing to me, since my girlfriend and I have been living together for over a year (but dating a shorter time-frame than the now-married couple) and we already knew all of this kind of stuff about each other. They're in for a world of surprises.

So, definitely make an official "move in" with the girl, and stick with that for a year or so. If you guys are still in love at that point, give the marriage thing a go.

For the OP
Personally i would be shocked, but my girl wasn't really the type to do that. In general I think I would be internally tickled pink if my girlfriend proposed. I'm not sure there's a way she could ask that wouldn't want to make me burst out in laughter. i don't mean that as an insult. It's just something so unexpected. Functionally though I have no problem with a girl proposing. I enjoy my woman being 'assertive' in other aspects of our relationship, I see nothing wrong with her being assertive in that respect as well.

===
I disagree. i think you CAN learn enough about someone without living together. Most people don't but I think you can. I'm not against living together or anything, my ex and I moved in together after a few years. But I think if you're careful, compatible, open, observant and adaptable you can make a successful, happy marriage without living together before hand. Its been my perception that a lot of people that I know who got married before living together and then broke apart got married too soon altogether. I think it comes from a society of too many romantic comedies where the protagonist meets the love of their life and gets married 6 months later.

I mean what are you guys doing by yourselves that makes living together so vastly different. When my ex and I moved in together there were adjustments sure but it's mostly stuff like scheduling and organizing. I know what she's like pros and cons before we moved in together. if i was a chronic masturbator she definitely would have known about my evening supplications before I moved in. Best believe it. If stuff like the toilet seat is going to be an issue that should come up long before you move in together. Your girl should be comfortable enough with you to yell at you about the toilet set when she spends the weekend over. can't be saving that fight for the move in.

[quote name='javeryh']You either stuck your tongue in her ass or pissed all over her, didn't you? That's the list.[/QUOTE]nah man some dudes do not like to 'reciprocate' if you will. I don't get that myself but technically that would quality for the list as well.

[quote name='Wolfkin']For the OP
Personally i would be shocked, but my girl wasn't really the type to do that. In general I think I would be internally tickled pink if my girlfriend proposed. I'm not sure there's a way she could ask that wouldn't want to make me burst out in laughter. i don't mean that as an insult. It's just something so unexpected. Functionally though I have no problem with a girl proposing. I enjoy my woman being 'assertive' in other aspects of our relationship, I see nothing wrong with her being assertive in that respect as well.

===
I disagree. i think you CAN learn enough about someone without living together. Most people don't but I think you can. I'm not against living together or anything, my ex and I moved in together after a few years. But I think if you're careful, compatible, open, observant and adaptable you can make a successful, happy marriage without living together before hand. Its been my perception that a lot of people that I know who got married before living together and then broke apart got married too soon altogether. I think it comes from a society of too many romantic comedies where the protagonist meets the love of their life and gets married 6 months later.

I mean what are you guys doing by yourselves that makes living together so vastly different. When my ex and I moved in together there were adjustments sure but it's mostly stuff like scheduling and organizing. I know what she's like pros and cons before we moved in together. if i was a chronic masturbator she definitely would have known about my evening supplications before I moved in. Best believe it. If stuff like the toilet seat is going to be an issue that should come up long before you move in together. Your girl should be comfortable enough with you to yell at you about the toilet set when she spends the weekend over. can't be saving that fight for the move in.

nah man some dudes do not like to 'reciprocate' if you will. I don't get that myself but technically that would quality for the list as well.[/QUOTE]

I do indeed agree with you here good sir.

[quote name='shrike4242']Exactly. With the "living together" situation, you still have your own place with all of your own stuff. It's a different situation when you're actually living together, especially when you've done it for six months or more.

I highly suggest the OP live with his would-be fiancee and see if things are still the same when they're sharing one roof. Their kids as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']This. The wife and I lived together for 2 years before we got married. I got to know her way more in those 2 years than any other time in our life. I'm sure she'd say the same thing.[/QUOTE]

All this is true OP.... if you guys can afford it, get a place together and try it out for a year. You either will love it or end up killing each other. Either way both of you are going to know the other's bad habit. (don't forget about the toilet seat! :cool:)

There is nothing wrong with a long engagement.

As for your and her's stuff...yep count on either getting rid of or leaving behind your stuff when you move in as she might see it as "junk" :( or you just might not have room for it.

I also highly recommend actually living together before getting married. When my wife and I were dating we were fake living together - spending every weekend at one of our places - but that didn't prepare us for actually living together. The two most stressful periods in our relationship were the first year after we started living together and the first year after our first kid was born. Actually getting married is about 5 billionth on the list.

This thread is a fucking masterpiece and I pray it never ends. Anex, you are one funny motherfucker. Why you're so calm and reserved on XBL boggles the mind.

[quote name='perdition(troy']The majority of you guys seem terrified of living with a woman, as if she is going to suddenly turn batshit crazy and hate everything about your lifestyle.[/QUOTE]

Not really so much "batshit crazy." It's just that there is no downtime anymore. Once you are living fulltime with someone, you are going to deal with all their habits consistantly. The toilet seat one is stupid, but since it's already brought up, lets us it. If your lady absolutely hates that you leave the seat up, she only had to deal with it once in a while when you guys were living apart. Chances are you aren't taking 5 leaks when you are just staying over. So it happens once in a while when your there. Big whoop. She gets mad but then it's over. Now you move in together. Everytime you take a piss, it's up. Ok, at first it's still a small thing. But it happens.... everyday.... couple of times a day.... for weeks.... months.... years.... Eventually, something is going to happen and that small thing is going to be blown the fuck up. Something that was a non issue before is suddenly the worst thing EVER!!!!! And then strongpimphand laughs at you because you didn't train your girl to appreciate the fact you're trying so hard to not piss on her seat. :lol: Kidding SPH, I agree with so much stuff you say.

[quote name='Chronis']Not really so much "batshit crazy." It's just that there is no downtime anymore. Once you are living fulltime with someone, you are going to deal with all their habits consistantly. The toilet seat one is stupid, but since it's already brought up, lets us it. If your lady absolutely hates that you leave the seat up, she only had to deal with it once in a while when you guys were living apart. Chances are you aren't taking 5 leaks when you are just staying over. So it happens once in a while when your there. Big whoop. She gets mad but then it's over. Now you move in together. Everytime you take a piss, it's up. Ok, at first it's still a small thing. But it happens.... everyday.... couple of times a day.... for weeks.... months.... years.... Eventually, something is going to happen and that small thing is going to be blown the fuck up. Something that was a non issue before is suddenly the worst thing EVER!!!!! And then strongpimphand laughs at you because you didn't train your girl to appreciate the fact you're trying so hard to not piss on her seat. :lol: Kidding SPH, I agree with so much stuff you say.[/QUOTE]

geez...wtf ??!!? lol :rofl:

[quote name='Chronis']Not really so much "batshit crazy." It's just that there is no downtime anymore. Once you are living fulltime with someone, you are going to deal with all their habits consistantly. The toilet seat one is stupid, but since it's already brought up, lets us it. If your lady absolutely hates that you leave the seat up, she only had to deal with it once in a while when you guys were living apart. Chances are you aren't taking 5 leaks when you are just staying over. So it happens once in a while when your there. Big whoop. She gets mad but then it's over. Now you move in together. Everytime you take a piss, it's up. Ok, at first it's still a small thing. But it happens.... everyday.... couple of times a day.... for weeks.... months.... years.... Eventually, something is going to happen and that small thing is going to be blown the fuck up. Something that was a non issue before is suddenly the worst thing EVER!!!!! And then strongpimphand laughs at you because you didn't train your girl to appreciate the fact you're trying so hard to not piss on her seat. :lol: Kidding SPH, I agree with so much stuff you say.[/QUOTE]

I never realized people care that much about a toilet seat being up or down, or that people were in the habit of leaving it up. Never had that problem with my wife, I guess thats because I was raised to put it down before you flush.

Yeah, it's not that a person changes when you move in. It's just that it's different when you're around them nearly every waking moment that you're not at work.

Even leaving bad habits out of it, it's just that getting along with someone going out for dates, staying over at each others' places etc. doesn't mean it will still work out when you're stuck under the same roof with them all the time.

It's wise to figure that out before getting married and making it that much more of a head ache to call it quits if you drive each other crazy living together.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I never realized people care that much about a toilet seat being up or down, or that people were in the habit of leaving it up. Never had that problem with my wife, I guess thats because I was raised to put it down before you flush.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not putting the toilet seat down is the least of my worries. We're both chronically late people... though I'm sure there are other annoying things we do.

I think I'd like to live with her for a while before the wedding (even though we're practically doing that already).

So tell me guys, how much should I plan on spending on an engagement ring? Diamond carats?

[quote name='Fortune_P_Dawg']Haha, she wouldn't at first, but I made her, and now she's cool with it. She said she doesn't much care for the taste. But then she sees the things I do to her and she feels like I'm showing her up, so she said she wanted to start trying it. Well, right before I was about to pop I had a feeling she would refllexively switch to manual, so I held the back of her head and just straight unloaded into her mouth and didn't let her go until she downed it. She was pissed for about 3 minutes and then said "drop em, I'm going to try that again." So it turned her on enough to where she now does it willingly.

And before some of you say, "...that's disrespectful, you should not force her, yadda yadda..." just know that she has no problem forcing my face deeper into her crotch just before she's about to get off (even though I like it and it turns me on).[/QUOTE]

:puke:

[quote name='Fortune_P_Dawg']Yeah, not putting the toilet seat down is the least of my worries. We're both chronically late people... though I'm sure there are other annoying things we do.

I think I'd like to live with her for a while before the wedding (even though we're practically doing that already).

So tell me guys, how much should I plan on spending on an engagement ring? Diamond carats?[/QUOTE]

Can't you just enjoy oral sex? Why do you have to ruin it with a marriage?

Regarding rings, how much money do you make? The engagement ring of a cashier is different than a CEO.

I gross $1750 every two weeks at my day job. So... I'm a pretty frugal guy, or at least I try to be, and she's not a "size, color, clarity queen" either; or at least, not as far as I could tell. Heck, the other day she half-jokingly sent me a text that said "hey baby, if you didn't know, you can get really reasonably priced rings at the pawn shop haha."

This girl is used to being very frugal in most aspects of her life, so I don't really think her expectations are too insane.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']If you go to a pawn shop for a ring, bring an appraiser with you to find a deal.[/QUOTE]

Well, I wasn't planning on getting one at a pawn shop. I'd like to get her something new. How much to spend and diamond size I am unsure of.

[quote name='Fortune_P_Dawg']Well, I wasn't planning on getting one at a pawn shop. I'd like to get her something new. How much to spend and diamond size I am unsure of.[/QUOTE]

If you get anything over 2 carats, you're asking somebody to cut her finger off. The appraiser at the pawn shop allows you to find a ring that is cut properly and isn't cloudy. How much you spend depends on you. If you go retail, you'll pay the most. If you go pawn, you could pay a lot less. You have to decide if you're spending money or buying jewelry.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']If you get anything over 2 carats, you're asking somebody to cut her finger off. The appraiser at the pawn shop allows you to find a ring that is cut properly and isn't cloudy. How much you spend depends on you. If you go retail, you'll pay the most. If you go pawn, you could pay a lot less. You have to decide if you're spending money or buying jewelry.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that like a rapist asking how far you want to be bent over a chair before they fuck you in the ass?

[quote name='Anexanhume']Isn't that like a rapist asking how far you want to be bent over a chair before they fuck you in the ass?[/QUOTE]

Buying the ring can be a good test for the future spouse.

Let's say the OP finds a $4000 ring for $2000. That is a huge deal. If the future spouse whines that the ring is "used", she is not "the one".

If the future spouse is truly frugal, she'll appreciate the effort to find a good deal on an item that retains its value.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Buying the ring can be a good test for the future spouse.

Let's say the OP finds a $4000 ring for $2000. That is a huge deal. If the future spouse whines that the ring is "used", she is not "the one".

If the future spouse is truly frugal, she'll appreciate the effort to find a good deal on an item that retains its value.[/QUOTE]

I understand and agree with that. My point is that regardless of the price, it does not reflect the actual value of the jewelry in question, only the market value. Diamonds are ridiculously inflated over their actual mineral worth.

bread's done
Back