HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
would like one of these. Dont want to spend any cash though so will probably trade some old stuff in. Hope my local store has some in stock when I get a chance to head over

I have very little interest in webos, not even sure what it is yet. But for the price of $149 for a 32gb tablet, very nice screen I love it. Basic web use, emails, facebook, probably a few apps worth using, could probably use some features for work as well. Device will probably lie around the house and just pick it up for general use, long trips wont be bad.

means support will very soon end, there will be no updates or fixes, if it breaks you may not be able to get it repaired, and developers will likely not make any more apps for what is now a completely dead platform.Buyer beware. These are toast.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Anyone who has this thing, how does it play movies I transfer to it? I assume it can read most files types?

Also, I can't find any play to buy this for $99 right now. Not even HPs site after logging in. Am I doing something wrong?[/QUOTE]

probably going live at midnight most likely, it is confirmed at best buy usa tomorrow. Bought the 32 gb at $499, spoke with manager about it price difference and told me to come up tomorrow to speak with him. He was aware of the email that was sent out about the price drop. :applause:

No idea what your talking about from me. Just knew hp would kill webos... I Don't expect it todo anything "heavy duty". I can't speak for other tablets, but a tranformer is like a netbook (with keyboard) without the fail of micro$hit, does everything efficiently while still having pc functionality no other tablet would have. The asus part of the android os isn't the greatest but it still is better than dealing with micro$hit. The touch ability is vital to keeping my carpel tunnel at bay (no... It wasn't because of that.... Grow up) at least that's my reason for tablets.

[quote name='confoosious']same here.

@VIPFreak and oasis :roll: for $100 it's basically a toy. I'm not expecting it to do my photoshop work... It's 99 f'ing dollars. I actually just got the netbook from TRU and I'm looking for the receipt so I can return it. Don't hate...[/QUOTE]

I am not hating, I just stating my point of view. You do know that the netbook is more useful that the tablet, right? You can actually have word 2007 and powerpoint 2007... plus firefox, safari, itunes, etc... Just saying.

[quote name='confoosious']same here.

@VIPFreak and oasis :roll: for $100 it's basically a toy. I'm not expecting it to do my photoshop work... It's 99 f'ing dollars. I actually just got the netbook from TRU and I'm looking for the receipt so I can return it. Don't hate...[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I don't think TRU takes returns on Electronics, other than defectives of course.
Exceptions to 90-Day Policy
Return Guidelines for Video Games, Accessories, and Systems/Computer Software/VHS Cassettes/DVDs/Music/Electronics/Radio-Control Items/ Trading Cards/Collectibles/ Consumer Electronics/Monitors and Breastpumps

We will accept returns of the following items within 45 days from the date of purchase: video games, accessories, and systems; computer software; VHS cassettes; DVDs; music; electronics; radio-control items; trading cards; collectibles; consumer electronics; monitors and breastpumps. The original in-store receipt or online packing slip is required and the item must be returned in its unopened and factory-sealed package. If the item has been opened, we will not be able to process the return.
http://www.toysrus.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=returns&subdisplay=returns#exceptions
I'm tempted to buy one of these for $89.24 too but I'm really enjoying the HP Mini netbook I picked up from TRU. Must convince myself...to not...buy this... :whistle2:k :lol:

I can't seem to sign up for HP academy because I already used my uni email for a normal account. Anyone know a way to change the account?

If not I guess I'll wait it out. Don't need to spend the cash anyway

[quote name='oasisboy']I am not hating, I just stating my point of view. You do know that the netbook is more useful that the tablet, right? You can actually have word 2007 and powerpoint 2007... plus firefox, safari, itunes, etc... Just saying.[/QUOTE]

Between the batt life on one of those and the celeron like processor, NO THANKS. Btw, there and office like suite that will do those. itunes...? Uh, I'll save my mem/resources for better things... Just saying..

[quote name='oasisboy']I am not hating, I just stating my point of view. You do know that the netbook is more useful that the tablet, right? You can actually have word 2007 and powerpoint 2007... plus firefox, safari, itunes, etc... Just saying.[/QUOTE]

Word and powerpoint - fine, if you need those things. As far as firefox, safari, itunes, etc., the iPad is far and away a better internet / media device than any cheap standard computer. It's not even comparable. + it's useful for tons of other crap that cheap netbooks would be terribly suited for.

As for the touchpad, I don't know. It's an unpolished clone without a decent selection of software.

Man this thread is really blowing up. I hope I can get one of these, my girl needs something to read PDFs on since the ereader she stole from me is bad at that and I don't want her to steal my iPad too.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Sweet. $91 after tax from HP Academy store. WebOS is pretty good, it's a shame HP took over Palm and killed it.[/QUOTE]

It's only showing 5% off for me...Looks like I'm heading to Best Buy in the morning!

I'm looking around...I prolly missed it. I understand there stopping working on these things but you guys think these things will be updated somehow as time goes on? I basically want it for internet, email, youtube basic stuff and some apps.

[quote name='envelopes']Word and powerpoint - fine, if you need those things. As far as firefox, safari, itunes, etc., the iPad is far and away a better internet / media device than any cheap standard computer. It's not even comparable. + it's useful for tons of other crap that cheap netbooks would be terribly suited for.

As for the touchpad, I don't know. It's an unpolished clone without a decent selection of software.

Man this thread is really blowing up. I hope I can get one of these, my girl needs something to read PDFs on since the ereader she stole from me is bad at that and I don't want her to steal my iPad too.[/QUOTE]

Slick dealers site has blown up! Check it, probably over two hours ago I saw it and there were only about 3 pages. I went up to best buy and bought the 32gb at $499 to do price difference tomorrow. Word is out ,

[quote name='SpecialK7225']I can't seem to sign up for HP academy because I already used my uni email for a normal account. Anyone know a way to change the account?

If not I guess I'll wait it out. Don't need to spend the cash anyway[/QUOTE]

When you're logged into the store, at the bottom of the page under "Order Info" there should be a "My Account" option.

[quote name='envelopes']Word and powerpoint - fine, if you need those things. As far as firefox, safari, itunes, etc., the iPad is far and away a better internet / media device than any cheap standard computer. It's not even comparable. + it's useful for tons of other crap that cheap netbooks would be terribly suited for.[/QUOTE]

I'm just curious what the "tons of other crap" would be? I've got nothing against the iPad but am interested in your response.

You guys know if you go crApple, you have to kiss jobs ass when doing anything on those devices right? $599 or whatever for a closed system and you still have to buy more shit if you want to atempt pc stuff..? Yikes...

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']Dropped to 100 and 149 on Amazon via Target; Important note, THEY CHARGE SHIPPING[/QUOTE]

Already shows out of stock for me.

[quote name='Vader582']Unfortunately, I don't think TRU takes returns on Electronics, other than defectives of course.

I'm tempted to buy one of these for $89.24 too but I'm really enjoying the HP Mini netbook I picked up from TRU. Must convince myself...to not...buy this... :whistle2:k :lol:[/QUOTE]

I never opened it. Although I can't find my receipt AND the factory seal was broken when I bought it. Ahhh whatever, if worse comes to worse, I'll give it to my nephew.

The CAG in me can't resist a $90 tablet though.

[quote name='Ultragamer']So it's been confirmed 100% that this will drop at Bestbuy tomorrow morning? If so i'll wake up to pick up one to play with.[/QUOTE]

yes, best buy canada had it at slashed pricing,
spoke with mgt at best buy and it is confirmed

I would totally get one if I didn't already have an iPad.

And if the missus didnt just yell at me about buying another gadget. :[

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']When you're logged into the store, at the bottom of the page under "Order Info" there should be a "My Account" option.[/QUOTE]

Ah thank you. I feel kinda stupid now lol. Showing up for me now

Also,
Coupon codes:
Save15HP $15 off $75
Save30HP $30 off $150

May have already been posted. 32 GB + $5 paper to get over $150 is $125.93 before tax. Not bad.

[quote name='VipFREAK']You guys know if you go crApple, you have to kiss jobs ass when doing anything on those devices right? $599 or whatever for a closed system and you still have to buy more shit if you want to atempt pc stuff..? Yikes...[/QUOTE]

NOBODY CARES? This isn't the place for any anti-apple, anti-microsoft, anti-google, anti-whatever rants. STFU already!

I just ordered one from HP with next day shipping. I have a vacation in a few days and this would be perfect. Hopefully it hits Best Buy's website tonight so I can do in store pickup and cancel my order from HP.

Not to rain on the parade here but is this a wise buying choice? With Ice Cream Sandwich around the corner and tablets incoming this holiday season that are actually supported and have thriving communities wouldn't it be better to spend a little more to get alot more in this case? Anyway a kindle is still the a better e-reader than this and can be gotten for a reasonable price. Hey I own a HD DVD player so I'm not one to talk and the low price is intriguing but I'm saving my coins for something a little nicer.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I just ordered one from HP with next day shipping. I have a vacation in a few days and this would be perfect. Hopefully it hits Best Buy's website tonight so I can do in store pickup and cancel my order from HP.[/QUOTE]

I'd like it to hit online tonight as well, but it says sold out online so would it even matter at this point? I think my store will have some in the morning, so I'm gonna make sure I show up for when it opens

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Not to rain on the parade here but is this a wise buying choice? With Ice Cream Sandwich around the corner and tablets incoming this holiday season that are actually supported and have thriving communities wouldn't it be better to spend a little more to get alot more in this case? Anyway a kindle is still the a better e-reader than this and can be gotten for a reasonable price. Hey I own a HD DVD player so I'm not one to talk and the low price is intriguing but I'm saving my coins for something a little nicer.[/QUOTE]
Eh, maybe, maybe not. I'll only be using this to browse the internet around the house, I don't really care about apps. I usually just use my phone so a tablet will be a nice replacement.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I just ordered one from HP with next day shipping. I have a vacation in a few days and this would be perfect. Hopefully it hits Best Buy's website tonight so I can do in store pickup and cancel my order from HP.[/QUOTE]

It's saying that shipping isn't available, and the it states the same thing for in store pick up. So yeah make sure you get there early as hell!

Just warning for the flippers [i was thinking about it]

this is not some exclusive sales, EVERYONE will be selling it at these prices. Ebay prices have already tanked because there are soooo many listings being posted.

I think it is a good idea to buy for your own use, I just dont see too much profit in the flipping espicially after few days. Just a friendly reminder.

Thanks to techman (?) for the discount code. Can't beat $90 out the door for a 2 month old tablet!

edit: arrgghhh now the 32GB is down to $149 for me and I'm so tempted to get it.

edit: can't get SAVE30HP to work. Is the minimum $150?

Anyone think for 100bucks, will there be another tablet with the feature set that the tocuhpad in the very near soon?

My only problem now is, the security of this thing. If the thing's support going dead, and I would assume the tablet's security would be lacking and vunlerable to viruses.

bread's done
Back