HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes buy for your own, you probably won't make much of a profit on these, could try craigslist or something but word is out on this.

E-reader for this device is nice
excellent for browsing internet, emails, videos etc around the house, the apps in the market arent bad either.

Support on this device? Who knows, could possibly have android ported over at this price point, many people would jump in.

[quote name='Techman16']Ok guys login in to ur hp accounts and the 16 gb is $99 and the 32 gb is $150.... for the 16 gb use the code SAVE15HP to get $15 off and for the 32 gb use the code SAVE30HP to get $30 off when you spend $150 and u can thx me later[/QUOTE]

The SAVE30HP code isn't working for me..

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']The SAVE30HP code isn't working for me..[/QUOTE]

It need to be over $150. The touchpad is $149.99. There is some paper for $5ish which I believe to be the cheapest item to add to get over the bump

[quote name='TraBuch']Eh, maybe, maybe not. I'll only be using this to browse the internet around the house, I don't really care about apps. I usually just use my phone so a tablet will be a nice replacement.[/QUOTE]

To each his/her own but I don't understand that. My girlfriend has an ipad that really is only used when she is on the go or she is using a specific app. When at home she uses her laptop to surf the web. To me these things without apps are beyond worthless especially if they aren't being used on the go. They do everything second rate to a laptop of comparable price. Now being mobile with them I get it and plan to get one but one where the OS is not basically dead , not really sure I'm down with that. I have a feeling that most are praying somebody figures out how to put Android on this which I would be down for.

[quote name='62t']How is the death of webOS going to affect it?[/QUOTE]

Probably the fact it runs on WebOS....so if u find a glitch, dont expect it to get fixed.

[quote name='Spyder187']does anyone know if there is a netflix app for this?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. I did some research and it does not appear there is a netflix app. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

[quote name='Commander0Zero']To each his/her own but I don't understand that. My girlfriend has an ipad that really is only used when she is on the go or she is using a specific app. When at home she uses her laptop to surf the web. To me these things without apps are beyond worthless especially if they aren't being used on the go. They do everything second rate to a laptop of comparable price. Now being mobile with them I get it and plan to get one but one where the OS is not basically dead , not really sure I'm down with that. I have a feeling that most are praying somebody figures out how to put Android on this which I would be down for.[/QUOTE]
I don't have a laptop.

And a similar price? Link me to a $99 laptop please.

Picked up a 16GB one for $85. Awesome damn deal. I kind of wish I'd gotten the 32GB one since there's a larger coupon for that price, but I can't get the 32GB page to reflect the $149 price (but the 16GB shows fine.) Oh well.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Picked up a 16GB one for $85. Awesome damn deal. I kind of wish I'd gotten the 32GB one since there's a larger coupon for that price, but I can't get the 32GB page to reflect the $149 price (but the 16GB shows fine.) Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Sorry how did you get it for $85?

[quote name='Ensoul']I was wondering the same thing. I did some research and it does not appear there is a netflix app. Can anybody confirm or deny this?[/QUOTE]

It does Hulu Plus but there is no Netflix app because it uses MS Silverlight.

[quote name='pbnate88']Sorry how did you get it for $85?[/QUOTE]
You have to be signed in, I think to their HP Academy (student discount account.) It's showing OOS at the moment though for the 16GB model, for me at least.

Another thing you can pick up is the HP Touchpad case for $35. I always buy a case for electronics anyways, so I'm basically getting one for free.

it still shows 500 bucks for me except the hp academy account that i created, it has only taken off 25 bucks. guess off to bb for me

[quote name='TraBuch']Another thing you can pick up is the HP Touchpad case for $35. I always buy a case for electronics anyways, so I'm basically getting one for free.[/QUOTE]

I know it's not even remotely the same quality but sears is clearancing out viewsonic tablet cases for $2.97 if any new touchpad owners need a cheap case.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']is amazon going to put the toucpad on sale to ?[/QUOTE]

I think its already started. Went from $398 to $299 since this thread started

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I think its already started. Went from $398 to $299 since this thread started[/QUOTE]

that's just a 3rd party reseller trying to get some sucker to bite.

I'm still heavily considering this but I write and would like to use this for light word processing but google search Is showing there's no word processing app for this? You got to be kidding me, they sell a freaking wireless keyboard for it.

Wow, out the door for $132 with shipping and 500 pcs of paper for the 32 gig tablet, I'll take it.

For anyone else having trouble getting the $150 price on the 32 gig tablet I found this helpful tip at Slick Deals. I've made derogatory remarks here about them in the past but I will not do so in the future out of respect for them helping me complete this deal, cheers SD.

"From VoodooVyper View Post :
There's a trick to it.
Enter your EPP site/HP Academy.
Click tablets will show original price... instead, click the HP logo at top left, it'll bring you to the main intro site.
From there, click Shop for Products and services and follow the tablet trail, and you will see the adjusted prices.
This Actually Works!!"

Once I went in through the logo, found tablets and added the 32 gig to the cart the new price finally showed. Would have preferred the 16 gig but that's gone and there's no telling what the rush will be like at Best Buy in the states. Target is already cleared out according to SDs link so I'd go ahead and jump if you're waiting.

thanks OP i will def get one tomorrow at Best Buy and help me get rid of this credit i have plus i saw one tonight and i gotta say they are nice.

I placed my order a few minutes ago, and it went through (I got a confirmation number but no email).

But, it still says "Order being verified"

Should I be concerned it's not going to go through?

looks like i better be there when doors open cause i have a feeling the Slick dealers will rape and pillage Best Buy and i hope Best Buy puts a limit of 1 per customer

Damn!!! I just bought a refurb nook color from buy.com for like $180 to use as a cheap android tablet. Might would have just went with one of these if I had waited 2 days longer.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']I placed my order a few minutes ago, and it went through (I got a confirmation number but no email).

But, it still says "Order being verified"

Should I be concerned it's not going to go through?[/QUOTE]

Yes, be VERY concerned! Matter of fact, just cancel the order and buy it somewhere else.

:lol:

The question I have is, why would anyone buy the 32GB version over the 16GB?

Is it worth another $50 for only 16gb?

Honestly, is there any reason you would want the extra 16GB (couldn't you just buy a cheap flash drive?)

It will not work if you already added one to your cart, even after you remove it. Try a different browser or delete cookies and repeat the steps.

Or go to bestbuy and get one now, do adjustment later.

bread's done
Back