HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rbarba4']Now I'm wondering, did you get an email confirming the order already? Or has anyone else already received an email confirming the order?

My order completed but I haven't received a email.[/QUOTE]

I put in 2 orders and have gotten no emails for either order...

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']So do we know for sure that the coupon code will cause problems for an order, or is that just hearsay? I finally got the 32GB one to show at the right price, and I'm debating canceling my other order (16GB) for this one. My other one is still "being verified."[/QUOTE]

just hearsay for now. But of my two orders:

16GB w/ SAVE15HP => Item being processed

32GB w/ ream of paper and SAVE30HP --> Order being verified

so I'm not sure what's going on but I hope Amazon drops it soon so I can order one for $150 and not worry about my HP orders getting cancelled. If I get stuck with an extra touchpad, I know plenty of people who would love a new one for $100 or $150. It's just toy money at that price and not a "serious" purchase.

Maybe I should email HP telling them I'm not one of those SD douches who are planning on reselling them and please process my order. :)

Just took back my 16GB to Staples because I couldn't justify keeping it. $99 for a 16GB and $149.99 (before coupon codes). for the 32GB is a STEAL. Seriously, this thing runs quick and webOS is amazing. The app selection is limited but this thing does everything else wonderfully. I used this as an alarm clock, an MP3 player, a web browser and a movie player. Everything worked flawlessly.

If you're on the fence, get it. If you have any questions about it, feel free to drop me a message. I used it for a good 2 weeks and know the basics of it.

EDIT: Hope it goes through. I picked up a 32GB. Wouldn't be surprised if the hoarders fucked this up for all of us, lol

[quote name='M3wThr33']There's no Netflix and the Flash is iffy.

I struggled for two years with my Palm Pre and I was DYING to leave to Android and I've never been happier after being with Palm for over a decade.[/QUOTE]

I struggled with a Pre for 2 years as well. Initially I thought "sweet $90 tablet" then the memories of putting up with my Pre came back. Then I read in one of the Touchpad reviews about the touch screen delay, which was the most frustrating thing about my Pre. So now I'm thinking that even at $100, it's not worth that hassle again.

Well, my sister went ahead and talked to someone at HP and once they verified that the 32 gig tablets were indeed $149 (the Live Chat help just found out about it from my sister), she got three of them (one for her, one for me and one for our mom, the tech junkie she is) for that price, plus $30 off all three. Good deal...:applause:

[quote name='RollingSkull']Eh, there's no way I'll be lucky enough to get this to work. Too many hoarders. A shame.[/QUOTE]
Don't be so down. You can't win if you don't play! Try tomorrow, it will be $99 everywhere.

Just picked it up for 143. I got a 32 gig model and a VHS cleaner LOL. Thanks for the 30 bucks off. I hope my order goes through. I used my .edu address but my school wasn't listed (so I picked another school). I hope that doesn't mess up the order.

On a side note, I hope someone ports android to it.

[quote name='confoosious']I put in 2 orders and have gotten no emails for either order...

so I'm not sure what's going on but I hope Amazon drops it soon so I can order one for $150 and not worry about my HP orders getting cancelled. If I get stuck with an extra touchpad, I know plenty of people who would love a new one for $100 or $150. It's just toy money at that price and not a "serious" purchase.

Maybe I should email HP telling them I'm not one of those SD douches who are planning on reselling them and please process my order. :)[/QUOTE]

You would think this would go through given this price was/is live on/at Best Buy. I mean.. they DID discontinue these things today...

I'll keep my fingers crossed. >_

[quote name='Ultragamer']Where did you hear this?[/QUOTE]

I read on a post in the comments on Engadget.com. I'll find the exact comment.

Apparently this guy works for Best Buy and posted this. "I have the employee news article and I'm am a manager at bestbuy. The are to be immediately pulled and sent back on the 23rd. We will also not be honoring any price matches. These are the facts. You'll see tomorrow."

[quote name='confoosious']I put in 2 orders and have gotten no emails for either order...

Maybe I should email HP telling them I'm not one of those SD douches who are planning on reselling them and please process my order. :)[/QUOTE]

You're right, we shouldn't count chickens that have yet to hatch :(

Damnit, now you got me worried..

edit: vvvv That sucks man I'm sorry to hear it's not working for you :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DJ_Tet']Create the account first. Then click the link, and click the HP logo in the corner. Click Tablets, and the 32 gb tablet.

Then you have to actually add it to your cart I think for it to show the $149.99 price. Add some paper and use the coupon for $30 off.

edit: For people wanting the 16gb is it really worth $30 of your time to fight the crowd tomorrow morning at BB and maybe miss out? The total is around $133 with shipping if you add some $5 paper and use the $30 off coupon. Decent consolation to avoid the crowds and has a bonus larger tablet.

Hopefully these things will be hacked and we'll be able to throw on other OSes in the future, we'll see.[/QUOTE]Just tried this and it's still showing up at $475 for the 32gb in the cart....

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']You would think this would go through given this price was/is live on/at Best Buy. I mean.. they DID discontinue these things today...

I'll keep my fingers crossed. >_

I grabbed the 32gb model and the paper for $134.13. I used my Visa and as soon as I checked order status it was already saying "Item being processed" for both. Awesome if this goes off without a hitch.

I'd like to pick up a 16gb one as well (for my mom) any idea on where to check besides Best Buy (which opens at 11am tomorrow for me, and there will prolly be a shit load of people there)?

[quote name='confoosious']uhhh what? do you think all the people who picked this up in the past few hours are all international? hint: we're not.[/QUOTE]

So you picked one up physically? From what store? If not let me know when you actually get it.

Also I didn't bother reading everyone's posts but You better order an adapter if you live in the US as I hear the one it comes with is different.

I hope you get it though for $100.

[quote name='Malice']Just tried this and it's still showing up at $475 for the 32gb in the cart....[/QUOTE]

The only way I got this trick to work was, I used the student store (all other sites showed the original price) and I used a mac. Not matter what I did on a my Windows based PC the original MSRP price was showing. I tired 4 different brewers, I cleared my cookies and catch, restarted ect...Nothing worked. I tried my mac laptop and it worked fine.

Update: Got my adjusted price to show up. You need to log into the HP Academy site. It's the student site of HP. It's not the same as logging into the HP.com website with your account. Then click the link atarifreak posted.

Only the 32GB was available on the site so it came out to $143 after tax/fees in CA for me.

Wish I got this for $100 but the 32GB for $140 is a steal. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Pliskin101']

You better order an adapter if you live in the US as I hear the one it comes with is different.

[/QUOTE]

HP better not ship me the Cambodian version again! I swear to God. I will burn that place down.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I read on a post in the comments on Engadget.com. I'll find the exact comment.

Apparently this guy works for Best Buy and posted this. "I have the employee news article and I'm am a manager at bestbuy. The are to be immediately pulled and sent back on the 23rd. We will also not be honoring any price matches. These are the facts. You'll see tomorrow."[/QUOTE]

As in.. this $100/$150 price was an error by Best Buy? Weird how BB and HP have them listed at nearly ~75% off their original price. HP fucked up with these tablets. It's a shame too. WebOS on the TouchPad was seriously great. I wish it had more support. -_-

[quote name='Pliskin101']So you picked one up physically? From what store? If not let me know when you actually get it.

Also I didn't bother reading everyone's posts but You better order an adapter if you live in the US as I hear the one it comes with is different.

I hope you get it though for $100.[/QUOTE]

I think we're confused about your international comment. Where does it say that? There's no mention of that on the website.

[quote name='the8055']So the $99 and $150 price will go everywhere that sells them tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Apparently yes. Ordering the 32GB one now in case I can't pick up the $100 one in-store tomorrow.

[quote name='Malice']Alright, no matter what I try, it's still not working for me. I think I might cry. ;_;[/QUOTE]

You need to log into HP Academy first. It is not the same as the HP.com website. Double check the OP.

I was able to get the reduced price by following the instructions about logging in then going back to main page. My account is an EPP one and not Academic.

My 32GB + paper + coupon order from less than an hour ago is listed as "Item being processed."

One nice thing that stuck out to me is that their educational discount is also valid for alumni (instead of just current students/staff), which is handy in case they ever bother to audit.

[quote name='Donut2922']You need to log into HP Academy first. It is not the same as the HP.com website. Double check the OP.[/QUOTE]But I'm not a student or parent of a student....

Plus I tried that and it didn't work either. I clicked the academy link in the OP, clicked "Sign in", used my email(not a .edu email...) and password, and it took me back to the HP regular site. When I checked the Tabs, they were still the same price....

Think I'm going to get a 32GB, but I'm agonizing over whether to try applying the coupon or not, lest it foul things up.

EDIT: Decided to forego it, just in case. It's not enough in the long run to risk it. And just in time, it seems.

Interested in one of these for reading downloaded manga. Does anybody know if these devices have a manga/comic viewer? I searched online but could only find apps that pulled chapters from websites, which isn't what I need.

Also, does anybody have any experience with video playback on this thing? Is it reasonable to expect decent 1080p playback? Or even 720p.

finally got it to work,
downloaded Firefox, used my mom's email (college faculty) set up academic account
she'll probably want it to use anyway

OOS now. This pisses me off. Every time I tried to log into my account, it claimed that my damn passoword didn't match. Looks like I'm hitting up local stores in the morning. I will get that 32Gb Touchpad!

[quote name='postureking']I bet this is Amazon's Gold Box item today.[/QUOTE]

If it is, I'm ordering one as soon as the deal goes live. This is some serious bull though...

Just ordered the 32Gb w/ 500pc of paper and it totaled for $137.46. I really dont need tablet but after reading mostly good feedback about WebOS and the hardware plus this one heck of a price drop its very hard to resist.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']As in.. this $100/$150 price was an error by Best Buy? Weird how BB and HP have them listed at nearly ~75% off their original price. HP fucked up with these tablets. It's a shame too. WebOS on the TouchPad was seriously great. I wish it had more support. -_-[/QUOTE]

No, as in Best Buy is pissed at HP because this didn't sell and now BB wants to get credit back from HP for the unsold units rather than have to drop the price, have to sell through current inventory, and possibly have price match the 25,000 they had sold prior to HP dropping the Touchpad.

[quote name='confoosious']HP better not ship me the Cambodian version again! I swear to God. I will burn that place down.[/QUOTE]

You'll burn Cambodia down? That seems a little overzealous. jk. :D

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Umm.. so not a single Best Buy around me has either model in stock. Woo![/QUOTE]

Mine either...maybe they are pulling them?

bread's done
Back