HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ras752000']Damn!!! I just bought a refurb nook color from buy.com for like $180 to use as a cheap android tablet. Might would have just went with one of these if I had waited 2 days longer.[/QUOTE]
buy this too so you won't feel like you missed out on a good sale hahaha

[quote name='DeathDream']I picked up the 16gig for $90 on the HP site about 10mins before they sold out. :) Yay[/QUOTE]

Just picked up two 32gig models now as well. One for my parents and one for my lil bro. :bouncy:

[quote name='antlp89']The question I have is, why would anyone buy the 32GB version over the 16GB?

Is it worth another $50 for only 16gb?

Honestly, is there any reason you would want the extra 16GB (couldn't you just buy a cheap flash drive?)[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how it interacts with anything (I know nothing about this tablet really -- kind of an impulse buy) but even if you could, a cheap flash drive sticking out of your tablet would look pretty dumb and probably be a pain in the ass.

OP is confusing as hell. How do I get my $99 tablet? And is the 32gb really worth $50 more? Couldn't I just get a flash drive?

HALP. :(

Reason why orders are being verified is because coupon codes can't be used on Tablets apparently, as per reported on SD.

$133.XX shipped for me... I'll still bite @$149.99 w/o the coupon iif they need me to call CS to do it.

[quote name='Ed_']Yes, be VERY concerned! Matter of fact, just cancel the order and buy it somewhere else.

:lol:[/QUOTE]

ok, done and done.

Thanks!

[quote name='confoosious']I'm not sure how it interacts with anything (I know nothing about this tablet really -- kind of an impulse buy) but even if you could, a cheap flash drive sticking out of your tablet would look pretty dumb and probably be a pain in the ass.[/QUOTE]
If it had expandable storage through an SD card slot, that would be fantastic, though I doubt it. I'm really wishing I'd gotten the 32GB now instead (I totally overlooked the $30 coupon), but oh well, at least I got one, and can avoid the madness of people descending upon stores tomorrow for one.

[quote name='ras752000']Damn!!! I just bought a refurb nook color from buy.com for like $180 to use as a cheap android tablet. Might would have just went with one of these if I had waited 2 days longer.[/QUOTE]

While I imagine it would be nicer to have the larger screen and capacity on the [now] cheaper HP TouchPad, I think you'll be happier in the long run with the Android OS.

Of course, this price drop might really motivate some people to get Android running on the TouchPads.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Reason why orders are being verified is because coupon codes can't be used on Tablets apparently, as per reported on SD.

$133.XX shipped for me... I'll still bite @$149.99 w/o the coupon iif they need me to call CS to do it.[/QUOTE]

I used my first coupon code on the 16GB and that order looks fine. The second one (32GB + paper) is still being verified. If my order gets cancelled on the 32, I'll just order from Amazon.

Also, just read the CNET review. Doesn't sound like there's a memory expansion port (as expected).

The real question for people who have used this regarding the memory is: if I don't take a lot of photos (Ever really) and my music is on the amazon cloud, what is the extra 16GB for? Should I just stick to 16?

So does this deal go live tomorrow? If so I'm going to best buy tomorrow at opening and grabbing two 16 GB ones. That's a fucking fantastic deal.

[quote name='antlp89']The question I have is, why would anyone buy the 32GB version over the 16GB?

Is it worth another $50 for only 16gb?

Honestly, is there any reason you would want the extra 16GB (couldn't you just buy a cheap flash drive?)[/QUOTE]
There's no SD or USB slot in the HP Touchpad, so no external memory. It doesn't even have an HDMI slot, which almost every tablet has. That's probably the worst thing about the Touchpad, no slots of any kind.

Honestly, the best tablet is probably the Asus Transformer, but that's over $200 more than the Touchpad. For $200 less, I can do without slots.

There's no Netflix and the Flash is iffy.

I struggled for two years with my Palm Pre and I was DYING to leave to Android and I've never been happier after being with Palm for over a decade.

[quote name='TraBuch']There's no SD or USB slot in the HP Touchpad, so no external memory. It doesn't even have an HDMI slot, which almost every tablet has. That's probably the worst thing about the Touchpad, no slots of any kind.

Honestly, the best tablet is probably the Asus Transformer, but that's over $200 more than the Touchpad. For $200 less, I can do without slots.[/QUOTE]

Wow no USB slots whatsoever??

Thanks for the info, I can see why the memory is so valuable now.

That is ridiculous...

[quote name='antlp89']Wow no USB slots whatsoever??

Thanks for the info, I can see why the memory is so valuable now.

That is ridiculous...[/QUOTE]

does any tablet let you expand memory with a usb port? ipad 2 doesn't.

[quote name='confoosious']does any tablet let you expand memory with a usb port? ipad 2 doesn't.[/QUOTE]
I think the Xoom might, but it may be the only one. Maybe the Asus Transformer?

[quote name='Romis']I Still have it showing as $470 ? WTH is not working

what are you guys doing when it is working?[/QUOTE]

same here. how are you guys getting the adjusted price to come up?

Thanks for posting OP!!!

Found the thread on SD after reading it here and ordered through my HP academy and got the 16 GB for $91.XX!!

I folks are complaining this didn't belong here but I'm really glad it was posted!

[quote name='Donut2922']same here. how are you guys getting the adjusted price to come up?[/QUOTE]

I don't get it either.

Kinda sad when I see people on SD who bought 6+

[quote name='confoosious']does any tablet let you expand memory with a usb port? ipad 2 doesn't.[/QUOTE]

I think many offer at least a microSD option, which the Touchpad doesn't appear to have.

[quote name='blindinglights']I think many offer at least a microSD option, which the Touchpad doesn't appear to have.[/QUOTE]

there is no expansion for it, wife has been playing with the tablet for the past 3 hours. I haven't had much time to use it, but for basic use and what not its a NICE tablet. Screen is excellent, speed is solid, touch responsive dam good. OVERALL I love it, headed to best buy tomorrow to get the price difference. Will edit the OP some

Just ordered a 32gb & a ream of paper for filler for ~$135 after tax (I'll take my chances on cheap-o cases on Amazon or eBay). Had success using the links in atarifreak223's post.

I already have an iPad, but I've always heard nice things about webOS. I was planning on picking one up cheap sometime down the line to add to my gadget collection, but I didn't expect the firesale to happen so soon.

[quote name='dafunkk12']Just ordered a 32gb & a ream of paper for filler for ~$135 after tax (I'll take my chances on cheap-o cases on Amazon or eBay). Had success using the links in atarifreak223's post.[/QUOTE]

Not to alarm you but this is the order that I feel might be iffy if they (HP.com) decide that the coupon shouldn't have been used with the tablet. Although their dumb system let it go through so I don't know why they wouldn't honor it.

I'd its not in the first 9 pages, HP announced today they are dropping all support for WebOS immediately. I had a pre after HP bought palm and they did the same thing to version 1. I ended up with some big bugs never getting patched. Not to mention it was some pretty shoddy hardware.

Imagine buying a Vista PC two months in but MS decided to just stop doing updates.

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Wow, out the door for $132 with shipping and 500 pcs of paper for the 32 gig tablet, I'll take it.

For anyone else having trouble getting the $150 price on the 32 gig tablet I found this helpful tip at Slick Deals. I've made derogatory remarks here about them in the past but I will not do so in the future out of respect for them helping me complete this deal, cheers SD.

"From VoodooVyper View Post :
There's a trick to it.
Enter your EPP site/HP Academy.
Click tablets will show original price... instead, click the HP logo at top left, it'll bring you to the main intro site.
From there, click Shop for Products and services and follow the tablet trail, and you will see the adjusted prices.
This Actually Works!!"

Once I went in through the logo, found tablets and added the 32 gig to the cart the new price finally showed. Would have preferred the 16 gig but that's gone and there's no telling what the rush will be like at Best Buy in the states. Target is already cleared out according to SDs link so I'd go ahead and jump if you're waiting.[/QUOTE]

For those of you still having trouble, just follow these directions. Try a different browser if you have to. I finally got mine ordered.

[quote name='6er']I'd its not in the first 9 pages, HP announced today they are dropping all support for WebOS immediately. I had a pre after HP bought palm and they did the same thing to version 1. I ended up with some big bugs never getting patched. Not to mention it was some pretty shoddy hardware.

Imagine buying a Vista PC two months in but MS decided to just stop doing updates.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe this is correct.
Still a hell of a device though, current OS is nice. Hopefully with this many people buying them, android can be ported over to it.

[quote name='6er']I'd its not in the first 9 pages, HP announced today they are dropping all support for WebOS immediately. I had a pre after HP bought palm and they did the same thing to version 1. I ended up with some big bugs never getting patched. Not to mention it was some pretty shoddy hardware.

Imagine buying a Vista PC two months in but MS decided to just stop doing updates.[/QUOTE]

I'm reposting this:

[quote name='DirkBelig']Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader![/QUOTE]

[quote name='aznhero913']Thanks for posting OP!!!

I folks are complaining this didn't belong here but I'm really glad it was posted![/QUOTE]

Agreed! Wouldn't have known until it was too late otherwise.

[quote name='topplehat']I don't get it either.

Kinda sad when I see people on SD who bought 6+[/QUOTE]

Follow the steps in the OP. Then do what I did and click on the product link somewhere on page 3 of this thread. I was only able to get the lowered price on the 32gb when I linked thru that way, after I created an account usinf the steps in the OP

By the way, my 32gb + Paper came out to 143 (after coupon). Now to see if they ship it. Thanks again OP

Just ordered the 32gb one for 134.11 after tax, hell of a deal :) I was gonna drop 400 on a tablet just last week. Glad I waited. Thanks OP

[quote name='Von Ondine']For those of you still having trouble, just follow these directions. Try a different browser if you have to. I finally got mine ordered.[/QUOTE]

I tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome. Not working for me. That's just when you create an account right? I'm logged in. Still isn't working. :cry:

So I've tried all links in this thread, followed the directions in the op(scattered as they are), and it still shows up at the pre-discontinued prices for me....

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Apparently Best Buy is sending these items back to HP. That's really messed up...[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear this?

[quote name='Pliskin101']Why is this only available internationally?

Seems fishy to me.[/QUOTE]

uhhh what? do you think all the people who picked this up in the past few hours are all international? hint: we're not.

[quote name='confoosious']Not to alarm you but this is the order that I feel might be iffy if they (HP.com) decide that the coupon shouldn't have been used with the tablet. Although their dumb system let it go through so I don't know why they wouldn't honor it.[/QUOTE]

Now I'm wondering, did you get an email confirming the order already? Or has anyone else already received an email confirming the order?

My order completed but I haven't received a email.

So do we know for sure that the coupon code will cause problems for an order, or is that just hearsay? I finally got the 32GB one to show at the right price, and I'm debating canceling my other order (16GB) for this one. My other one is still "being verified."

For what it's worth, I ordered a 16GB wth the coupon code (payed w/ paypal) an hour and a half ago, and my status is now "Item being processed". So that sounds pretty positive. Here's hoping everybody gets theirs!

[quote name='Donut2922']I tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome. Not working for me. That's just when you create an account right? I'm logged in. Still isn't working. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Create the account first. Then click the link, and click the HP logo in the corner. Click Tablets, and the 32 gb tablet.

Then you have to actually add it to your cart I think for it to show the $149.99 price. Add some paper and use the coupon for $30 off.

edit: For people wanting the 16gb is it really worth $30 of your time to fight the crowd tomorrow morning at BB and maybe miss out? The total is around $133 with shipping if you add some $5 paper and use the $30 off coupon. Decent consolation to avoid the crowds and has a bonus larger tablet.

Hopefully these things will be hacked and we'll be able to throw on other OSes in the future, we'll see.

Finally got it to work through HP Academy. Opted for the 32GB at $135 since no SD slot. Thanks op and all who posted the tips and links.

best buy,
When I purchased this tonight at the $499 price, they had probably about 30 or so plus. Confirmed with mgr and an employee, they will be on sale tomorrow at the $99 and $149. Mgr told me to come tomorrow and just adjust price, employee walking by stated that itll go fast tomorrow. Email through best buy confirms pricing of the item. I would recommend checking them out EARLY in morning to purchase one.

maybe i'll get one of these someday if the homebrew scene picks up the ball with the device.

I loved the palm when i had it. WebOS is an awesome platform.

bread's done
Back