HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AMadcap']I believe they meant they give priority to answering questions/concerns to people on the Onsale FB page, but either way, pretty stupid thing to do when customers are already angry with you. Last place I should have to go to get decent customer service from a reputable company is facebook. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately many companies think that Facebook is the best place to get customer service from. It's easier and cheaper for them than answering hundreds or thousands of emails.

Office Depot handled their real-time inventory rather well (OOS relatively quickly) so I can't quite fathom why they're stuck in limbo one full business day regarding the orders. As it stands they've already missed their 3-day delivery window if they've estimated 8/25 delivered.

B&N Exceeded my expectations which were lower than a Craiglist website link, at least they sorta kinda canceled our orders, in theory (E-mail).

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']I got my received my cancellation notice from B&N now even though it was sent to me an hour ago. *sigh*

I just really hope NewEgg will finally match the prices at this point like Amazon did so more of us get a fair chance to order.[/QUOTE]

newegg said sold out. hmm

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Get with the times dude, that's the BEST place to get customer support from companies nowadays![/QUOTE]

[quote name='eliter1']Unfortunately many companies think that Facebook is the best place to get customer service from. It's easier and cheaper for them than answering hundreds or thousands of emails.[/QUOTE]

Aye, agreed on both accounts. I just wish it weren't so. ;)

[quote name='Pck21']I did, yes. I got a shipping confirmation email with tracking information. The only information I received was a confirmation email and my credit card was charged. I didn't get a second email from HP besides my shipping one.

I really do wish everyone luck in getting one. When I spoke to a Staples rep from a local store, he said that they get shipments on either Wednesday or Saturday, depending on the store. He said he expected to receive more stock this week. That was on Saturday I believe...so take that for what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

thanks for telling me...i think mine should be safe....hopefully.

checked my email to find one from BN 2 hours ago. says myorder has been canceled but no change on the actual website. also the GC I used up is still zeroed. when it does get recredited I'll just buy a NC and then return it in store so I can be done with BN

[quote name='Spyder1970']Cool, just double-checked and same for me. What time did you order?[/QUOTE]

6:30 am CST. Also checked my CC and do not see any charges yet (shockingly didn't see a B&N pre-auth).

Someone posted the link that said compusa in Puerto Rico had one.

Dont bother. I called they claim it was "something HP did" they "never recieved any". I think its bogus but whatever. Im still looking for one in Puerto Rico.

Any of you guys hear about your CDW orders? I've seen lots about the B&N and OnSale, not much about the CDW stuff. This thread has been an interesting follow.

[quote name='onyzukae']newegg said sold out. hmm[/QUOTE]

Newegg hasn't put them up on sale yet.. They probably stopped taking orders on them in preparation for putting some kind of price drop on it at some point.. either that, or they are sending them back to HP or something like that... its unclear exactly what their options are.. Certainly keeping them up at full price isn't really one of them.

[quote name='jkg2k3']I just checked mine and online it says "Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 0 - 1 days." and the conformation email I got yesterday says "Order in process of being fulfilled. Estimated arrival date: 08/24/2011 - 08/27/2011". I ordered mine at 7:15 am CST yesterday.[/QUOTE]

That's the current status of my order as well...That's a good sign indeed. I can't wait to get this thing so I can be done with it! Lol, I'm glad I didn't install any other apps since I had to return mine...

Quick you 808 (hawaii) CAGS.. I might know where to get an HP Touchpad for the price of $99 or less. If you get back here I will let you know where it is at and you can go see and try for yourselves..

and no it is not mine..

[quote name='Kerig']Office Depot handled their real-time inventory rather well (OOS relatively quickly) so I can't quite fathom why they're stuck in limbo one full business day regarding the orders. As it stands they've already missed their 3-day delivery window if they've estimated 8/25 delivered.[/QUOTE]

While true for some cases, Office Depot also delivers product themselves in some areas, so they haven't for some.

[quote name='Pliskin101']Quick you 808 (hawaii) CAGS.. I might know where to get an HP Touchpad for the price of $99 or less. If you get back here I will let you know where it is at and you can go see and try for yourselves..

and no it is not mine..[/QUOTE]
get back where? you want me to pm you? i'll just pm you

[quote name='PublikDefender']get back where? you want me to pm you? i'll just pm you[/QUOTE]
Sorry on this thread by quoting me or pm me. and the other poster is right it is for Hawaii CAGS. Are you in Hawaii? Oahu more specifically.

I can't believe the craze for this thing, or rather the hoarding of these things. I've seen so many posts in some of the SD threads about guys buying up 20+ of them and still looking for more. Curse you El Hoardo!

I ordered only one from B&N, but it was canceled. Just ordered from from HP SMB a bit ago. I fully expect a cancellation though.

[quote name='PublikDefender']yeah, i'm on oahu. anyway i pm'ed him[/QUOTE]
Check your messages and good luck.;)

From onSale FB page, don't know if it's been posted, just passing the word along for those who may have missed it.

Thank you for calling to inquire about the status of your HP Touchpad order. When the price decrease was announced this weekend, our websites, and the websites of all major retailers, were overwhelmed with customers placing orders for the HP Touchpad. We are now in the process of sorting thru the orders and confirming which ones we can fulfill. Rest assured that we are filling valid orders on a first-come, first-served basis as long as we have inventory. At this time, we do not know if there will be sufficient inventory to fulfill your order. We hope to be able to get back to you on the status of your order in the next 24 hours if not sooner. If you would like to cancel your order, please do so.

I literally ordered the OnSale pad from Amazon two minutes after it was first revealed. Is the issue time here, or orders not being placed for other reasons?

[quote name='waldo21212']16 or 32 gig?

Also, I did the free shipping, but not express, although if what they are saying on SD is true (a big if at this point), it didn't seem to matter if it was free shipping, and express shipping was getting a priority over standard, irregaurdless of order time.[/QUOTE]

32gb ground shipping.
I DID call them an hour or so after I placed the order, since the website didn't have my shipping address line 2 (my email did, but I was very paranoid. I was on hold for 47 minutes and when I finally got a rep she confirmed the address and told me that my order was now "released". Maybe that's why mine shipped?

[quote name='Stinky pepet']Hey can you pm me I'm also on Oahu thanks[/QUOTE]
Doing it now

Yep, my order was just cancelled.

That's it. Screw B&N.

I mean, it would be one thing if this were the exception. That, I could understand. Things happen. However, it's not. B&N seems to have a history of crappy web service. At least, with me. I've had problems with them before a few times now when I ever I've tried to order something from them.

Oh well.

Here's hoping for HP, or something.

HELL YEAH, just got a shipment confirmation with UPS tracking from Best Buy (32GB). Ordered 7:21 am on Sunday morning with free shipping (Silver member).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='McNutsack']So has anyone tried using this link?

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/html/load...2_store/smProdCat/Tablets/HPTouchPadWi-Fi32GB

It lets you place an order for the 16gb for $99, straight from the HP website.

Not sure if it's something I'd want to mess with, because I'm sure it's just a glitch...[/QUOTE]

That is basically what I did. I already had a 16 gig in my cart from some time or another and it let me go through and pay for it this time. My expected shipping date was 8/27 though, so maybe that's a sign they're actually processing these orders? Who knows.

Has anyone who ordered from Cost Central gotten their order to show up in the order status screen?

I've got my confirmation email but nothing's ever shown on the site.

[quote name='PaulDE01']HELL YEAH, just got a shipment confirmation with UPS tracking from Best Buy. Ordered 7:21 am on Sunday morning with free shipping (Silver member).[/QUOTE]

I received confirmation from Best Buy as well. I have my 32 GB I picked in store now, then the 16 being delivered is going to my mom as a christmas present. I'd say definitely a good $250 spent. Now i'm just waiting on my screen protectors and case to arrive from ebay. Thanks again for that case recommendation Paul, I ended up ordering it. Enjoy your touchpad when it arrives, i'm really liking mine.

i got an email from hp with a tracking # this afternoon. says it is on it's way.
this was from the smb hp site that was having problems, so fingers crossed ;)

[quote name='Nagasami']OnSale would honor sales on its website first...due to Amazon fee, business loL[/QUOTE]It would certainly be a load of BS if none of the amazon orders went through. I mean SOMEONE had to have activated the stock, because they didn't appear on Amazon until a certain time. And they they went out of stock and back IN stock again, several times. I can't imagine an automated system that would be that erratic.

Just got the cancellation notice from B&N like most here. But a glimmer of hope for me, the order I made with SMB may actually be good. I still get a "We are unable to process your order..." message, but my bank confirms that $165 was actually withdrawn from my account, not just placed on a hold. Been on hold with SMB for about two hours now to confirm, but it's past 7pm central, they're closed. Hopefully they won't just go home, leaving customers hanging on line.

[quote name='McNutsack']So has anyone tried using this link?

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/html/loadcart.asp?cdat_skus=FB356UT%23ABA%2CFB454UT%23ABA&sp_skus=&jumpid=re_r11662_store/smProdCat/Tablets/HPTouchPadWi-Fi32GB

It lets you place an order for the 16gb for $99, straight from the HP website.

Not sure if it's something I'd want to mess with, because I'm sure it's just a glitch...[/QUOTE]

Gave it a shot, only downside was the shipping was $21 something, but still, $128 is worth it... just hope it goes though.

... and as I type this, B&N just got cancelled. Bleh. Really hoping one of my orders go though, only order 1 each time...

Edit: Also was already charged by B&N... kind of upsets me as they say they didnt charge me yet... As long as I get it back, no big deal, but is the principle of the matter... complete BS

[quote name='killer9']20 dollars for shippping from hp jesus is this legit?[/QUOTE]

Lol, not sure, it's the real HP site I believe,though...
Shipping is high, but considering the item you're getting...worth a shot. I'm sure itll be cancelled anyway. It's definitely a url glitch/exploit probably?

Im gonna order from here just to be safe. Then when HP notifies me theyre back in stock, ill place another order.

[quote name='Kolgar']Has anyone who ordered from Cost Central gotten their order to show up in the order status screen?

I've got my confirmation email but nothing's ever shown on the site.[/QUOTE]

It shows up in my order history there. Nothing has come of it though.

No e-mail notification but checking the order status on the B&N site it was cancelled. Placed the order around 12:30AM EST and many many pages ago declared it would never go through due to B&N sucking. I'm sure many people who ordered AFTER me will surely get theirs.

Just gonna play the eBay waiting game. Will be undercut down to nothing in no time.

[quote name='Kolgar']Has anyone who ordered from Cost Central gotten their order to show up in the order status screen?

I've got my confirmation email but nothing's ever shown on the site.[/QUOTE]
It finally showed up in my order history earlier today, but hitting track my shipment shows nothing.

bread's done
Back