Huge Restock @ GameStop. Tons of GC GBA Games 75% off + More!

swatman27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
I remember when GameStop did this a few years back with the GameCube games and I made a thread about it. Thought it may be time to make a post for this restock. This time, they added several thousand items. They went from 8,000 items in stock to over 13,000. Check below for a link to lead you to all the available games for each system. The last time GameStop restocked stuff like this, things kept on coming back in stock throughout the week, so keep an eye out.

All of these are 75% off:

:gba: GameBoy Advance

:gc: GameCube

Below are the systems that were restocked but have no discount

:ds: Nintendo DS

:psp: PlayStation Portable (these are B2G2)

:pc: PC (several new games for $0.97)

:3ds: Nintendo 3DS

:ps2: PlayStation 2

They also have some DVD's & Blu Rays up that are $1 ($0.76 after PUR and cag16)

:dvd: DVD

:br: Blu-Ray (not much in stock now)

Don't forget to use the code SAVER to get free shipping for orders over $24.99 and CAG16 for used games (cag16 is not stackable with the 75% off games).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Here are some of the noteworthy things that are in stock. Keep in mind that things may go oos and be restocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rogue Galaxy was gone even before I got there, and I revived the original thread.

Anyone want to take their chances?

http://www.gamestop.com/movies-tv/used-umd-anime-r-unrated-umd/102973

http://www.gamestop.com/movies-tv/used-umd-g-pg-pg-13-umd/102972
Saw those, but I figured they would be UMDs and didn't bother with them. Who wants to watch movies on a tiny screen? :( Anyway, thanks for the bump. I ended up getting about 60 PS2 games and a few other cheap games, totaling $53 for 72 games total. Really wanted some other PS2 games that went out of stock quickly. Didn't help that I took an hour to look at my collection and weed out the ones I didn't have, so I ended up checking out at like 11.

There are a lot of 99 cent DS games I wouldn't mind picking up. I'm not sure if these are part of the restock or not but thanks for the notice.

I picked up so many titles back when the original sale first took place. I was able to get the entire .Hack collection, and a ton of JRPGs.

That was my hunting quota for the next decade. Probably why I decided to not get into amiibos lol

I went ahead and ordered each of the Blu Rays that are $1 and I also ordered The Avengers,Captain America, and Dead Space DVD. I hope they at least come in their original case if not it's not going to bother me since they were only $1 each.

*sigh* Gamestop is such shit in every possible way. Noticed  they have Way of the Samurai 2 in stock.. supposedly. So i spent like 20 or 30 minutes looking for other stuff to throw in the cart for free shipping. I tried to order  a couple copies to make sure i got at least one in acceptable condition. We all know what shit condition most of their games are in.

Well the damn thing kept getting deleted from my cart. It shows it in stock but it wont let me check it out, keeps deleting it. WHat a waste of time

There are a lot of GREAT DS games that can be found for 2.99 or less. I have a huge collection already, but I added a few more for this cheap. I will be curious to see if any of them actually arrive with cases.

Tried to buy 8 cheap PSP games with the B2G2 offer but it only makes 2 of the games free. Need to place separate orders of 4 games each. By the time I split my order, two of the games were out of stock. Too frustrated to search for replacements. Not getting anything.

I managed to order 12 DS games last night which was cool. I also had a few others, as well as a few PS2/GC/GBA games in my cart but they just kept going out of the cart. Must have run out. Really disappointing on Izuna 2 which I've been looking for. Got some good stuff though.

Also sad to hear Ontamarama was in stock at one point as that was one of the first ones I checked when I saw the topics last night and it was gone already.

I got quite a few ds games. A lot of the ones on the list were never priced that low in the past-here or anywhere else I saw them. I figure that if they don't have the cases and manuals, every one I ordered was a title I want. Most of them were less than $5, and many of the good ones were $2.99. There were only 2 out of 9 games that were more than $8.

Thank you to the OP for posting this thread. That was very good and timely advice on the restock. Please update this thread in the future whenever there is another restock like this.

If you are looking for decent DS games for really cheap, here are some recommendations -

Meteos
Dawn of Discovery
Planet Puzzle League
Brain Age 2
Big Bang Mini
Picross DS

Space Invaders Extreme
Robocalypse
Elite Beat Agents
Air Traffic Chaos
Legenary Starfy
Brain Age Training
Puzzle Quest
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Scurge: Hive
N+
Trauma Center
Age of Empires: Age of Kings

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Lock's Quest
Picross 3D
Metroid Prime Pinball
Warioware Touched
Monster Tale
Rhythm Heaven
Blue Dragon Plus
Glory of Heracles
Hotel Dusk
Henry Hatsworth
Ninjatown
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword

Aliens Infestation

Those games are all worth picking up at those prices. Especially with CAG16, SAVER, and PUR discounts.

If you are looking for decent DS games for really cheap, here are some recommendations -
Meteos
Dawn of Discovery
Planet Puzzle League
Brain Age 2
Big Bang Mini
Picross DS
Space Invaders Extreme
Robocalypse
Elite Beat Agents
Air Traffic Chaos
Legenary Starfy
Brain Age Training
Puzzle Quest
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Scurge: Hive
N+
Trauma Center
Age of Empires: Age of Kings
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Lock's Quest
Picross 3D
Metroid Prime Pinball
Warioware Touched
Monster Tale
Rhythm Heaven
Blue Dragon Plus
Glory of Heracles
Hotel Dusk
Henry Hatsworth
Ninjatown
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword
Aliens Infestation
Those games are all worth picking up at those prices. Especially with CAG16, SAVER, and PUR discounts.
Just a heads up on using the cag16 code. Don't use it if you are buying any ps2,GameCube or gba games, it will cancel out the 75% off for those systems. At least that was my experience

Some nicely priced DS games. Gonna grab Hotel Dusk which I started years ago but never got around to finishing.
Always been really interested in "Dementium: The Ward" so grabbing that as well.

But since my local stores have none of these I guess I'll have to try and find something to add to it for free shipping.

PS2 just re-added a bunch of stuff that wasnt there minutes ago...

DMC2
DMC3
ICO
SOTC
FFX
FFX-2
Fire Pro Returns
Bunch of Jak and Daxter games
Bunch of Ratchet and Clank games...

Dont all of these games copy disc only or cart only with 50% chance of GS stickers on them? Total pass if so.

lol "carefully tested" = pop the game into a system power it up, get to the title screen and shut it down... and that might be going to far. Most probably shut it off the second they see the "PS2" logo
They probably just throw the disc across the room like a frisbee. If he catches it, it's good to go. If it falls on the floor, into the trash it goes.

They probably just throw the disc across the room like a frisbee. If he catches it, it's good to go. If it falls on the floor, into the trash it goes.
FWIW, I got 100+ disc only games from Gamestop a year ago when they were clearing out the PS2 section... believe it or not, every single game worked without issue.

Thanks for the heads up managed to pick a few games and some much needed memory cards and controllers. 

Under Gamestop's pre-owned guarantee page it says this:

"This pre-owned product has been carefully tested, and is guaranteed to work."

I trust that they carefully tested each individual game.
Tell that to the CAG who bought Chrono Trigger & got Madden 95 with a fake CT label on the cart.

Those of you buying GCN/PS2 games are acting way too hyped up for this. Take ti from somebody who was around the first time: get ready for disappointment now.

I wish all of you buying GBA/DS games luck.

Those of you buying GCN/PS2 games are acting way too hyped up for this. Take ti from somebody who was around the first time: get ready for disappointment now.

I wish all of you buying GBA/DS games luck.
I must have had pretty good luck with PS2 games the first couple times. I think 90-95% of mine worked without a hitch. I just returned the duds.

I must have had pretty good luck with PS2 games the first couple times. I think 90-95% of mine worked without a hitch. I just returned the duds.
How many of those were bought in-store? Those seemed to have a much better success rate than online.

How many of those were bought in-store? Those seemed to have a much better success rate than online.
I bought most of them online. Most of my local stores had sent theirs off elsewhere. I do think the ones that didn't work mostly came from online but it wasn't that many.

They definitely do tend to have more crap online since they seem to send the ones that don't work there, refurb them, and just send them out again without testing.

So all the ds games are gonna be cart only right? I got a bunch of stuff I've been wanting but I really don't want cart only games.

Does anyone know a good place to print covers? Idgaf about manuals.

Is it arriving cart only enough of an excuse to return it in store? I guess I'm boned out of the shipping cost tho bc I didn't qualify for saver.

Probably all disc only with a bunch of scratches. So many times I'll get a game in store and the disc will always have a shit ton of scratches on it. SMH.

So all the ds games are gonna be cart only right? I got a bunch of stuff I've been wanting but I really don't want cart only games.

Is it arriving cart only enough of an excuse to return it in store? I guess I'm boned out of the shipping cost tho bc I didn't qualify for saver.
They'll probably be cart only.

The Cover Project is usually a good place to get covers.

I think you can return them in store for any reason unless that's changed.

The DS games will be 90% cart only. I ordered 20 games over the last two weeks from DS trying to solidify my collection on some of the cheaper titles. I got 1 complete and 1 cart/case but the rest were cart only.

I use The Cover Project. They have a decent selection of covers

http://www.thecoverproject.net/

For those wondering about the condition and whether these are complete, here's what I have noticed based on my experience on purchasing several games over the years from them online.

GameCube games will almost certainly be disc only with most having scratches and some blue residue in the middle from the crappy resurfacing machines they use. Surprisingly, only about 10% of the ones I received have not worked.

Ps2 games will also be disc only but these are generally in better shape. I have never received a ps2 game that doesn't work, although a few have had cracks. A lot of these will also have that blue residue in the middle from resurfacing machines.

GameBoy games are always cart only and in good shape.

DS game are mostly cart only, I'd say about 90%. Most are in good shape but some have had some signs of use. Same applies for PSP stuff.

As for the other stuff like Xbox 360 and PS3, I would say that about 75% are complete and will most likely have some scratches.

Hope this helps. Also don't go crazy and return everything because GameStop has been known to ban people with excessive returns.

Ps2 Games have worked for me 95% of the time. Gamecube games have been the worst experience for me with only like 30% of the games have worked.

For those wondering about the condition and whether these are complete, here's what I have noticed based on my experience on purchasing several games over the years from them online.

GameCube games will almost certainly be disc only with most having scratches and some blue residue in the middle from the crappy resurfacing machines they use. Surprisingly, only about 10% of the ones I received have not worked.

Ps2 games will also be disc only but these are generally in better shape. I have never received a ps2 game that doesn't work, although a few have had cracks. A lot of these will also have that blue residue in the middle from resurfacing machines.

GameBoy games are always cart only and in good shape.

DS game are mostly cart only, I'd say about 90%. Most are in good shape but some have had some signs of use. Same applies for PSP stuff.

As for the other stuff like Xbox 360 and PS3, I would say that about 75% are complete and will most likely have some scratches.

Hope this helps. Also don't go crazy and return everything because GameStop has been known to ban people with excessive returns.
How about PSP?

Some nicely priced DS games. Gonna grab Hotel Dusk which I started years ago but never got around to finishing.
Always been really interested in "Dementium: The Ward" so grabbing that as well.

But since my local stores have none of these I guess I'll have to try and find something to add to it for free shipping.
They're working on a 3DS "remastered" version of Dementium that's supposed to be out soon if you want to wait. The original was awesome, but the save system was so horrible I never finished it (even the developers said it was awful...could only save at the beginning of a chapter...and sometimes had to replay like an hour of the game if you died at a hard boss). The 3DS version is supposed to fix that and other issues.

I've gotten used DS games that didn't work (scratched up terminals, etc) and have even seen some being sold in stores with the casing broken and popped open on the edge. But, ya, most seem to be in decent shape.

[quote name="MR_E" post="12915296" timestamp="1442021051"]They're working on a 3DS "remastered" version of Dementium that's supposed to be out soon if you want to wait. The original was awesome, but the save system was so horrible I never finished it (even the developers said it was awful...could only save at the beginning of a chapter...and sometimes had to replay like an hour of the game if you died at a hard boss). The 3DS version is supposed to fix that and other issues.[/quote]

Good to know, thanks!

bread's done
Back