Huge Restock @ GameStop. Tons of GC GBA Games 75% off + More!

swatman27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
I remember when GameStop did this a few years back with the GameCube games and I made a thread about it. Thought it may be time to make a post for this restock. This time, they added several thousand items. They went from 8,000 items in stock to over 13,000. Check below for a link to lead you to all the available games for each system. The last time GameStop restocked stuff like this, things kept on coming back in stock throughout the week, so keep an eye out.

All of these are 75% off:

:gba: GameBoy Advance

:gc: GameCube

Below are the systems that were restocked but have no discount

:ds: Nintendo DS

:psp: PlayStation Portable (these are B2G2)

:pc: PC (several new games for $0.97)

:3ds: Nintendo 3DS

:ps2: PlayStation 2

They also have some DVD's & Blu Rays up that are $1 ($0.76 after PUR and cag16)

:dvd: DVD

:br: Blu-Ray (not much in stock now)

Don't forget to use the code SAVER to get free shipping for orders over $24.99 and CAG16 for used games (cag16 is not stackable with the 75% off games).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Here are some of the noteworthy things that are in stock. Keep in mind that things may go oos and be restocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was too young during the Ps2 era to know what a decent game looked like, so my library for that system is very weak. I'm (over)compensating for it tonight. 29 games for $27. Thanks for the heads up, OP!

Fun fact - I've got an open order on my Gamestop account from 2012 for 5 or 6 GameCube games. They've never bothered to fulfill it or cancel it.

The moral of that story is just because the site lets you order it, it doesn't mean they actually have it in stock. Then again, maybe you guys have better luck than me.

:gba: GBA's down to Britney's Dance Beat and Paws & Claws.  And a couple of car adapters, in case you want to play your GBA in the back seat of your parents' car (like I do at age 28)

Fun fact - I've got an open order on my Gamestop account from 2012 for 5 or 6 GameCube games. They've never bothered to fulfill it or cancel it.

The moral of that story is just because the site lets you order it, it doesn't mean they actually have it in stock. Then again, maybe you guys have better luck than me.
I have an order of .hack Rebirth from 2/2012 that is still open, even though I did receive the game back then. Strange how that happens; I have another order from May of this year that is open yet I received all the items months ago.

Just like when the games were 75% off a year ago... I've gone a bit overboard

for PS2 I've got 4 separate orders with a combined 80 games along with some memory cards, multitaps, and 3rd party controllers

If you contacted corporate they'd probably issue you a GC, if you're willing to go through the hassle

Scored a couple more games that went back in stock like Gitaroo Man Lives for PSP, Harvest Moon Hero of Leaf Valley, and Rocky Balboa has been hard to find for cheap 

So, i went through every ds game (almost) and checked store availability. My store didn't have much but I did score a few things.

Space Invaders Extreme, Space Invaders Extreme 2, Miami Law, Monster Tale, Trace Memory all for DS. Not bad for $11 + tax.

Yup, I tested them on the Wii and I would just get a black screen with an error message. I ended up returning all the games.
Gamecube games are really finicky. Even when using a buffing machine they frequently are beyond repair. It's something to keep in mind when dealing with any GC games.

e28cb26e373851a0f28f7f229c348324.jpg

Guess I'm collecting DS games now.
Was feeling impulsive.

I put Raiden III into my cart, didn't take anything off.
I tried to get Raiden III this morning and it was being rejected as well. Being that it wasn't there yesterday, they must have had a very low supply of them to filter out to begin with. It just takes a little while for the website to actually update that they're out-of-stock.

are those useful or worth something?
If you want to back up "questionable" content on a hard drive... or still want to play the PS2 versions of Call of Duty 3 or Final Fantasy XI online.

i dont even see an option to even LOOK at GBA games. I may just check the 2 locations i goto, one near my work and one near my house, because they both still carry PS2, so its a chance they got GBA and Cube too.

i dont even see an option to even LOOK at GBA games. I may just check the 2 locations i goto, one near my work and one near my house, because they both still carry PS2, so its a chance they got GBA and Cube too.
You need to click on "MORE" and then the GBA section on the right.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/nintendo-gba?nav=28-xu0,1387

GBA games were pulled in 2011/2012. If you're lucky, you might find somewhere that as an unopened Phil of the Future... but that will be it.

GCN games are exceedingly rare to find in-store, but a few places still have them. One of my local stores told me they were sent the rest of their neighboring Gamestops' supply about two years ago. They finally phased all of them out a few months ago.

Tried ordering 4 games and all were removed from cart during checkout. My last order of 21 games has started shipping, looks like items from 3 different stores already.

I remember buying Tetris DS at GS and it was a bootleg copy. Luckily another one near me had one instock and i was able to exchange it.

I dont trust DS games from GS at all due to the rampant piracy. Best of luck to all ordering.
It's very easy to exchange if needed or return a game. Regardless though, focusing on smaller titles instead of big name ones is likely to mostly avoid that. The 1.99 game that no one particularly wants and that was never that popular isn't likely to get you a pirated copy.

Anyone have any details on the Buy 2 Get 2 psp deal?  I can't see any trace of the deal on the website, and someone said earlier that it only works on 1 group of 4.  Any new info on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Also, would anyone be able to update me on whether or not they've gotten Lithos/cover art/case with Blu Rays and DVDs, or is it disc only?

Anyone have any details on the Buy 2 Get 2 psp deal? I can't see any trace of the deal on the website, and someone said earlier that it only works on 1 group of 4. Any new info on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Also, would anyone be able to update me on whether or not they've gotten Lithos/cover art/case with Blu Rays and DVDs, or is it disc only?
They have a little banner under the featured deals and sales section on the bottom of the home page which mentions it. I purchased about twelve psp games a few days ago and got half of them free so it can be used more than once per order.

As for the blu Rays and DVDs I have received, about 3/4 are complete.

If anyone is looking for a network adapter for ps2 and can't find one online, shoot me a pm. I grabbed three at a store a while back.

Thanks OP for the info, and everybody for the comments, on what dangers to expect and what good games to look out for, grabbed 48 games for 53 bucks(w/tax), some I know I already like, some I wanted to try, and some are probably mediocre, but I jumped on the ones that I thought were worth trying.

2 "noob" questions, I guess:

Is there a way to use trade credit from instore trades to buy online if you have one of those trade cards not tied to your account?

Ive got two $50 xbox white currency cards, is there a place other than ebay/craig where I can sell them and get a decent price for them?

Anyone have any details on the Buy 2 Get 2 psp deal?  I can't see any trace of the deal on the website, and someone said earlier that it only works on 1 group of 4. Any new info on this matter is greatly appreciated.

I read the same thing about PSP games and it's definitely wrong. I wish I tried it before I took it at face value since I spent more money on separate orders. I'm often surprised how much misinformation there is on the Internet and I really wish people wouldn't post such things unless they were dead sure.

The easiest way to see if the deal works is to just add a bunch of random games to your cart and then delete them.  If they're in your cart, it will calculate whatever B2G2 promo deal is going on assuming they're in stock and eligible. 

Not sure if this means anything, but I just did it, with random games and it worked fine for the PSP:

[attachment=17041:gspspsnew-6.jpg]

Does the CAG16 not work with every item? I have 29 DS games in my cart but it is only taking the discount off of 9. How do you get it take 16% off each item/the entire purchase

if the discounts don't apply, the game is most likely out of stock... same thing goes for the buy 2 get 2 deal, one or more of your games in the cart are most likely out of stock, despite gamestop's stellar website allowing you to add them to your cart.

speaking of which, it looks like Target has taken the cheap / lazy / fuck you tactics of best buy and gamestop's website, allowing you to put basically any item into your cart regardless if it's in stock or not.  That shit sucks!

Seems to be any combination of games works as long as a do not get more than 9, but if I add more than that it only takes it off up to nine. Maybe the problem will be fixed tomorrow, there is quite a few I would like to pick up.

Does the CAG16 not work with every item? I have 29 DS games in my cart but it is only taking the discount off of 9. How do you get it take 16% off each item/the entire purchase
I've been using the CAG16 code for years now... Unfortunately, it's never taken it off more than 9 items on any given order for me.

Also, another thing to watch out for is if you're using the code, is if you have more than 9 items, it automatically chooses the 9 cheapest to discount. For example, if you have 10 games at $9.99 and 2 games at $0.99 in your cart, then it'll take 16% off the 2 $0.99 games and only 7 of the $9.99 games.

Received some my orders today. They were all from the same order but came 6 different envelopes and the return addresses were all different. The DS games were all cart only but my fantasy aquarium fir with was complete. Curious what other people have experienced

Received some my orders today. They were all from the same order but came 6 different envelopes and the return addresses were all different. The DS games were all cart only but my fantasy aquarium fir with was complete. Curious what other people have experienced
That's because individual stores ship them out now. No more boxes of 20 games. You'll likely get 20 games in 17 envelopes. Been like that for PS2 stuff for the last three months at least.

Against my better judgment, I ordered a bunch of DS games.  I don't know if I'll ever get to them, but my first order was under $20 for nine games, and I just ordered Star Wars Episode III (a surprisingly decent brawler), Sonic Chronicles, Star Fox Command, and Super Dodgeball Brawlers for $15.

Chances any of them are complete?  Probably zero.  Especially if the post above is correct.  I don't know any stores that still have cases and manuals for DS games, sadly.  I wish they'd sell those things online instead of just dumping them.

I ordered 5 PS2 mem cards. 3 were official and 2 were Nyko.

No idea wtf those Nyko ones are

And for some reason they were all blue...

Gamestop still has not shipped my order for some reason. Also GS customer service is possibly the slowest I have ever seen. I emailed them Friday and heard from the today about canceling an order.

A few weeks back, I ordered 3 Nyko memory cards when the regulars were out-of-stock.   Got 3 Yellow ones.

About two weeks ago, I ordered 4 Sony Memory Cards thinking it would automatically knock the order down to 1 quantity as it had been.  I  didn't this time and got 4 original Sony Memory Cards.   One wasn't booting up, but a quick alcohol swab fixed that.

I received my first European DS game.  I'm not sure if this is normal or not, as I rarely order DS stuff from them. 

Also... head's up... if you order a bunch of PS2 games and you get an email from Gamestop saying they regret to inform you that they had to cancel your order... they likely only cancelled one or two games from your order.   About a month back, I ordered 20 or so games and received one of those emails.  Everything was listed as "N/A" on the shipment page.   But I saw that many were in-stock and re-ordered them.  

Come to find out, I received duplicate sets because the order from ONE store was cancelled, while the others all shipped, and they just never updated the shipping page. 

To each his own. 

This arrived today. I cant believe its actually a legitimate copy!
Damn, nice. I remember when they cleared out GBA games and I ordered Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed and LeafGreen and all but Sapphire was fake. Ruby wasn't even the legit transparent red cart, it was just a regular red cart.

I just got a few of the PS2 games I ordered today.  They came in generic cases with no manual like I figured, but they all look fine.  I haven't had a chance to test them out, but I don't see any scratches that concern me.  Not to bad for 50 cents or less a piece!

bread's done
Back